Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,552 members, 7,837,111 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

Read What Ben Bruce Said After Buhari’s Call For Northern Oil Exploration - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Read What Ben Bruce Said After Buhari’s Call For Northern Oil Exploration (2488 Views)

NNPC Begins Oil Exploration In The Sokoto Basin / Garba Shehu Misses Buhari's Call / Start Oil Exploration In Benue - Buhari Orders NNPC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Read What Ben Bruce Said After Buhari’s Call For Northern Oil Exploration by Kingson56(m): 12:02am On Aug 02, 2016
Ben Bruce advises Buhari on northern oil exploration.
Outspoken Senator Ben Murray-Bruce, lawmaker representing Bayelsa east senatorial distric, has advised President Muhammadu Buhari on northern oil exploration.
Senator Ben Murray-Bruce , one of the three Senators from Bayelsa at the upper arm of the National Assembly
He took his Twitter account to express his views on the matter before oil exploration commences in the north-east.
If FG invests the money they’re spending searching for oil in the North on agriculture, I guarantee they’ll get more returns than from oil!
— Ben Murray-Bruce (@benmurraybruce) August 1, 2016
See some reactions on Ben Bruce latest comment below:
@benmurraybruceHe should have made himself the minister of agriculture. But at least we know why he chose petroleum.
— D’Padre™ (@D_WarEagle) August 1, 2016
READ ALSO: Oil rich in Bida Basin – Niger state to Buhari
@benmurraybrucewhat happened to d bombing n vandal in niger delta…. discovering oil in north east will rendered ur people irrelevant.
— Kolapo Abdulkadir (@askolly) August 1, 2016
@askolly @benmurraybruce…if there actually is viable oil in the North East. What if the effort yields no fruit?
— GoonerNaijariana (@chukwumaikonne) August 1, 2016
@benmurraybruceand if u spend more time discussing issues with your colleagues than tweeting, we guarantee change in senate if not Nigeria
— Joseph (@Joevankas) August 1, 2016
@benmurraybrucesir I think our Niger delta youths should rethink on the next agenda should the north discover oil. They may just be ousted.
— Alebiosu Adeyemi T. (@atalebiosu) August 1, 2016
Following the attacks of Niger Delta militants, that reduce oil production, President Buhari has recently directedthe Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation to escalate search for oil in the north-east.
After Buhari’s order the Niger state governmentrevealed that large quantity of crude oil was in the Bida Basin ready for exploration.
Re: Read What Ben Bruce Said After Buhari’s Call For Northern Oil Exploration by Emyogalanya: 12:05am On Aug 02, 2016
Now that's common sense

2 Likes

Re: Read What Ben Bruce Said After Buhari’s Call For Northern Oil Exploration by Kingson56(m): 12:18am On Aug 02, 2016
Emyogalanya:
Now that's common sense
. For sure naa

1 Like

Re: Read What Ben Bruce Said After Buhari’s Call For Northern Oil Exploration by porka: 1:02am On Aug 02, 2016
Too much confusion, wishful thinking and opaqueness:‎

1) Udo Udoma/Kemi Adeosun -.'We are looking beyond oil revenue' , 'the future we are building is zero oil based'

Yet;‎

Buhari - ‎ spent $340m (N27bn) searching for crude oil in the Sahara desert. 

2) Fowler - '70% of revenue (FAAC) shared in July comes from non-oil (tax) sources. 

Yet; 

FAAC ‎- 

‎Rivers State 
Total July allocation - N25,883bn 
13 per cent derivation - ‎N10.138bn
Excess crude -  N12.803bn
Statutory allocation‎ - N1.39bn‎

Delta State 
Total allocation - N18.622bn ‎
13 per cent derivation - N6.977bn
Excess crude - N8.734bn 
Statutory allocation for LGs - N1.379bn 
Excess crude distribution for LGs - N1.531bn

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Read What Ben Bruce Said After Buhari’s Call For Northern Oil Exploration by Nobody: 1:28am On Aug 02, 2016
The fact that some Nigerians actually believe that a particular section of their fellow countrymen are only relevant because of oil tells you everything you need to know about Nigeria, despite what anyone is trying to make believe.

2 Likes

Re: Read What Ben Bruce Said After Buhari’s Call For Northern Oil Exploration by dannyben5: 2:07am On Aug 02, 2016
am nt suprise,that's wat will happen when u make an ab¤ki man as ur boss....

3 Likes

Re: Read What Ben Bruce Said After Buhari’s Call For Northern Oil Exploration by wadetaw202: 4:47am On Aug 02, 2016
Buhari is a president of the north. No more no less.

6 Likes

Re: Read What Ben Bruce Said After Buhari’s Call For Northern Oil Exploration by mysteriousman(m): 5:38am On Aug 02, 2016
Bruce my former guy
Re: Read What Ben Bruce Said After Buhari’s Call For Northern Oil Exploration by gurujoe(m): 6:22am On Aug 02, 2016
I want to thank God for keeping me alive to see today, and for protecting and providing all my needs.
I'm happy to be a year older today, please join me nairaland to celebrate by giving me some likes.

6 Likes

Re: Read What Ben Bruce Said After Buhari’s Call For Northern Oil Exploration by sarrki(m): 6:23am On Aug 02, 2016
Commonsense in action
Re: Read What Ben Bruce Said After Buhari’s Call For Northern Oil Exploration by sinistermind(m): 6:28am On Aug 02, 2016
I'll diversify, i'll diversify, why still searching for oil? I just had a thought.
Re: Read What Ben Bruce Said After Buhari’s Call For Northern Oil Exploration by Standing5(m): 6:31am On Aug 02, 2016
porka:

1) Udo Udoma/Kemi Adeosun -.'We are looking beyond oil revenue' , 'the future we are building is zero oil based'

Yet;‎

2) Fowler - '70% of revenue (FAAC) shared in July comes from non-oil (tax) sources. 

Yet; 

FAAC ‎- 

‎Rivers State 

Delta State 
Excess crude - N8.734bn 
You quoted the figure of oil producing states man. Give up that of non-oil producing states and let's see if it doesn't contradict your arguement. Your data may be real but isn't relevant to your points.
Re: Read What Ben Bruce Said After Buhari’s Call For Northern Oil Exploration by Justiyke4u: 6:33am On Aug 02, 2016
Sentiments and hate have made some people to now think with their fingers instead of their head
Re: Read What Ben Bruce Said After Buhari’s Call For Northern Oil Exploration by Nobody: 7:04am On Aug 02, 2016
SnowJay92:
The fact that some Nigerians actually believe that a particular section of their fellow countrymen are only relevant because of oil tells you everything you need to know about Nigeria, despite what anyone is trying to make believe.

@SnowJay92......true words@what you posted...

2 Likes

Re: Read What Ben Bruce Said After Buhari’s Call For Northern Oil Exploration by Progressive01(m): 7:27am On Aug 02, 2016
But this same Bruce held, some time back, that the panacea to the restive state of the ND is exploration of oil in an industrial scale in the northern part of the country.

1 Like

Re: Read What Ben Bruce Said After Buhari’s Call For Northern Oil Exploration by KingPoult: 8:42am On Aug 02, 2016
porka:

Yet;‎

Yet; 

FAAC ‎- 

‎Rivers State 

Delta State 
Excess crude - N8.734bn 

Nigeria my Country .....tf sad
Re: Read What Ben Bruce Said After Buhari’s Call For Northern Oil Exploration by Ikenna17(m): 9:12am On Aug 02, 2016
comment loading...
Re: Read What Ben Bruce Said After Buhari’s Call For Northern Oil Exploration by Ikenna17(m): 9:12am On Aug 02, 2016
At this time, the world isn't looking for more oil not with the oversupply of Crude Oil in the market today. When will Buhari stop making clueless decisions?
Re: Read What Ben Bruce Said After Buhari’s Call For Northern Oil Exploration by usba: 9:59am On Aug 02, 2016
wailing maggots want oil to be the weapon to cause confusion. ... PMB fire on the women spend on oil exploration is miniscule compared to the investments government will make on Agriculture. ... the bigot wants his militants brothers to have the ace of spades which they can use in disrupting oil production. .. Nigeria can never allow riff raffs to hold her hostage.

1 Like

Re: Read What Ben Bruce Said After Buhari’s Call For Northern Oil Exploration by porka: 10:08am On Aug 02, 2016
Standing5:
You quoted the figure of oil producing states man. Give up that of non-oil producing states and let's see if it doesn't contradict your arguement. Your data may be real but isn't relevant to your points.

Eyahhhhhhh!

You don't even know the argument before making a comment.

You should just have asked for a clue for the 'puzzle' or simply quote the data you suggested by yourself to bust the 'argument'.

Ore, you are smarter than that, there's nothing to quote in what you mentioned. Non-oil producing states are not entitled to 13% derivation, or are they?

Emphasis is on the bold part, 13% derivation. It doesn't correlate with the statement of Fowler. If only 30% is from oil revenue as he claimed, those oil producing states won't have such enormous share for 13% derivation. Do you get the 'argument' now?

Good!

Oya, come and contradict the argument with this Kano data then.

Kano‎
Total allocation - N10.776bn 
Statutory allocation - N2.44bn ‎
Excess crude - N2.7bn
Statutory allocation for 44 LGS - N2.669bn 
Excess crude for 44 LGS - N2.959bn

If you need more states' data 'come and collect'.

Lol.

1 Like

Re: Read What Ben Bruce Said After Buhari’s Call For Northern Oil Exploration by temptnow: 10:09am On Aug 02, 2016
With buhari as a President, Nigeria will continue to be a mess.
Re: Read What Ben Bruce Said After Buhari’s Call For Northern Oil Exploration by Standing5(m): 10:19am On Aug 02, 2016
porka:

Eyahhhhhhh!

You don't even know the argument before making a comment.

You should just have asked for a clue for the 'puzzle' or simply quote the data you suggested by yourself to bust the 'argument'.

Ore, you are smarter than that, there's nothing to quote in what you mentioned. Non-oil producing states are not entitled to 13% derivation, or are they?

Emphasis is on the bold part, 13% derivation. It doesn't correlate with the statement of Fowler. If only 30% is from oil revenue as he claimed, those oil producing states won't have such enormous share for 13% derivation. Do you get the 'argument' now?

Good!

Oya, come and contradict the argument with this Kano data then.

Kano‎
Total allocation - N10.776bn 
Statutory allocation - N2.44bn ‎
Excess crude - N2.7bn
Statutory allocation for 44 LGS - N2.669bn 
Excess crude for 44 LGS - N2.959bn

If you need more states' data 'come and collect'.

Lol.
Epistle . . .
Re: Read What Ben Bruce Said After Buhari’s Call For Northern Oil Exploration by alabig(m): 10:23am On Aug 02, 2016
Guys, check this link on how to make over 60k a month without paying a dime.
Re: Read What Ben Bruce Said After Buhari’s Call For Northern Oil Exploration by idensko(m): 10:26am On Aug 02, 2016
SnowJay92:

Best post of the Year.

Bros ur own no go lost at all!!!

This ur post alone define The Nigeria as a country.

My Fulani tailor told me that if Niger Delta don't take time, that dey will push them into the Atlantic Ocean and Nothing will happen.

Nigeria is treating that region as if they re Nigeria LovePeddler.

I really pity ND.

And dey have d most selfish leaders who re just dre 2 enrich themselves.

1 Like

Re: Read What Ben Bruce Said After Buhari’s Call For Northern Oil Exploration by Fedayeen02: 10:54am On Aug 02, 2016
Progressive01:
But this same Bruce held, some time back, that the panacea to the restive state of the ND is exploration of oil in an industrial scale in the northern part of the country.
Omenka use google.com to show us the tweet or news. If you don't do so then you will be termed a LIAR on Nairaland
Re: Read What Ben Bruce Said After Buhari’s Call For Northern Oil Exploration by mrvitalis(m): 11:01am On Aug 02, 2016
First of all Buhari did not start the exploration in the North

And why is no one talking of the effort by buhari's government to extend our water boundary to enable us have more oil blocks down south??

Yes we must diversify but that doesn't mean we won't explore our oil to it maximum potential... Would it be a bad thing if we produce 7 million bpd and it only contribute 20% of our budget??

Well am not surprised this advice is coming from man who had access to 11bn 10 years ago and till date employs less than 1000 persons and yet can't still pay the loans... He has no right to give any economic advice please
Re: Read What Ben Bruce Said After Buhari’s Call For Northern Oil Exploration by Vicadonis(m): 11:04am On Aug 02, 2016
O ga ooo
Re: Read What Ben Bruce Said After Buhari’s Call For Northern Oil Exploration by Nobody: 3:12pm On Aug 02, 2016
idensko:

Best post of the Year.

Bros ur own no go lost at all!!!

This ur post alone define The Nigeria as a country.

My Fulani tailor told me that if Niger Delta don't take time, that dey will push them into the Atlantic Ocean and Nothing will happen.

Nigeria is treating that region as if they re Nigeria LovePeddler.

I really pity ND.

And dey have d most selfish leaders who re just dre 2 enrich themselves.

Sometimes I just wish I could make all that go away, but then....

(1) (Reply)

What My Pastor Said About Pmb's Health / Read What Nnamdi Kanu Said About CJN On Dec.2018 / See The Leaked Letter From Sen Akpabio To Abba Kyari Demanding INEC Cooperation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.