Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,031 members, 7,818,046 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:55 AM

Adeboye Frowns At Pastors Growing Beards - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Adeboye Frowns At Pastors Growing Beards (51925 Views)

Daddy Freeze To Pastor Adeboye: "Pope Drinks Beer And Doesn't Pay Tithe" / My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards / Adeboye Cautions Pastors Growing Beards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adeboye Frowns At Pastors Growing Beards by Nobody: 3:35pm On Aug 02, 2016
vislabraye:

I bow Oh. But Jesus Christ get beards nah !

Maybe alQaeda had a training base in Bethlehem and a branch in Nazareth even then (according to their baba).
Re: Adeboye Frowns At Pastors Growing Beards by goldfish80(m): 3:38pm On Aug 02, 2016
Leviticus 19 vs 27 "Never shave the hair on your foreheads, and never cut the edges of your beard".

Someone please point out this verse to baba for interpretation.
Re: Adeboye Frowns At Pastors Growing Beards by vislabraye(m): 3:41pm On Aug 02, 2016
Ibiyomee:

Have you seen him(JESUS)? Or is it the one in the movie(Passion of Christ) you are talking about?

If you read your bible very well, you'll see the portion that said Jesus beards was pulled during his crucifixion. He had beards. In fact the Jesus forbade shaving.

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Frowns At Pastors Growing Beards by Hertheywarlay: 3:46pm On Aug 02, 2016
Beard in the Bible check Leviticus 19:27
Vail(hijab) check 1corinthian 11:6
13 reasons which show that Muslims are more Christian than Christians if those who follow JESUS are Christian.
1. Jesus (pbuh) taught that there is only One God
and Only God should be worshipped as taught in
Deuteronomy 6:4, Mark 12:29. Muslims also believe
this as taught in the Qur’an verse 4:171.
2. Jesus (pbuh) didn’t eat pork as taught in
Leviticus 11:7, and neither do Muslims as taught in
the Qur’an verse 6:145.
3. Jesus (pbuh) greeted with the words “As
Salaamu Alaikum” (Peace be with you) in John
20:21. Muslims also greet each other this way.
4. Jesus (pbuh) always said “God
Willing” (insha’Allah), Muslims say this too before
doing anything as taught in the Qur’an verses
18:23-24
5. Jesus (pbuh) washed his face, hands, and feet
before praying. The Muslims do the same (wu’du).
6. Jesus (pbuh) and other Prophets of the Bible
prayed with their head to the ground (see Matthew
26:39). Muslims do too as taught in the Qur’an
verse 3:43.
7. Jesus (pbuh) had a beard and wore a thobe. It is
Sunnah for Muslim men to do the same.
8. Jesus (pbuh) followed the law and believed in all
the Prophets, (see Matthew 5:17). Muslims do too
as taught in the Qur’an verses 3:84, and 2:285.
9. Jesus’ mother Maryam (pbuh) dressed modestly
by fully covering her body and wearing a headscarf
(hijab) as found in 1 Timothy 2:9, Genesis 24:64-65,
and Corinthians 11:6. Muslim women modestly
dress the same as taught in the Qur’an verse 33:59.
10. Jesus (pbuh) and other Prophets of the Bible
fasted up to 40 days (see Exodus 34:28, Daniel
10:2-6. 1 Kings 19:8, and Matthew 4:1- Muslims do
so also during the month of Ramadan. Muslims are
required to fast the full obligatory 30 days (see
Qur’an 2:183), and others take it a step further by
fasting an additional 6 days to increase their
rewards.
11. Jesus (pbuh) taught to say “Peace to this
house” when entering it (see Luke 10:5), and to also
greet the people in the house with “peace be unto
you”. Muslims do exactly what Jesus did and
taught. When we enter our homes and the homes of
others we say “Bismillah” and also greet with “As
Salaamu Alaikum” (peace be upon you) as taught in
the Qur’an verse 24:61.
12. Jesus (pbuh) was circumcised. Circumcision is
1 of the 5 fitrah in Islam, so Muslim men are
required to be circumcised. According to the Bible in
Luke 2:21, Jesus was eight days old when he was
circumcised. In the Torah, Allah stated to the
Prophet Abraham (pbuh) that it is an “everlasting
covenant” (see Genesis 17:13). In the Qur’an verse
16:123 Muslims are required to follow the religion of
Abraham. The Prophet Muhammad (saws) said:
“The Prophet Abraham circumcised himself when
he was eighty years old.” (see Sahih Bukhari, Sahih
Muslim, and Musnad Ahmad).
13. Jesus (pbuh) spoke Aramaic and called God
“Elah”, which is pronounced the same as “Allah” in
Arabic. Aramaic is an ancient Biblical language. It is
one of the Semitic languages that also include
Hebrew, Arabic, Ethiopic and the ancient Assyrian
and Babylonian language of Akkadian. The Aramaic
“Elah” and the Arabic “Allah” are the same.
The Aramaic “Elah” is derived from the Arabic
“Allah”, and it means “God”. “Allah” in Arabic also
means ”God”, the Supreme Almighty God. You can
easily see the similarity in their pronunciation so
this concludes that the God of Jesus is also the God
of the Muslims, of all mankind, and all that exist.
Now tell me, who is the real follower of Jesus
(pbuh)? Obviously Muslims.
Now I believe am a true follower of Jesus (pbuh).

2 Likes

Re: Adeboye Frowns At Pastors Growing Beards by Prettiepearlz(f): 3:51pm On Aug 02, 2016
Bishops10:
Prettiepearlz hope you can pray for 1hour?? Daddy G.O has spoken oo grin
cheesy
Re: Adeboye Frowns At Pastors Growing Beards by Israel5(m): 3:53pm On Aug 02, 2016
hungryboy:
Baba Adeboye is now preaching from his own personal Bible oh,
Even Jesus christ sef been keep beard
can u read? If u can, Did u undrstand? Gues nt.
Re: Adeboye Frowns At Pastors Growing Beards by Artib(m): 3:53pm On Aug 02, 2016
“I don’t want to see any of my pastors looking like fellows from the training camps of Al-Qaeda,”? I don't know that the man is as egocentric as this. Even Jesus has beard. And because you don't keep your own, no pastor of your church must keep his own. Baba wanna be a demigod. They only do what you do.... well, you're a mathematician. Keep on playing with the brain of the dogmatic followers of yours.
Re: Adeboye Frowns At Pastors Growing Beards by Artib(m): 3:54pm On Aug 02, 2016
Israel5:
can u read? If u can, Did u undrstand? Gues nt.
you that you can read and understand, explain it better. solipsist.
Re: Adeboye Frowns At Pastors Growing Beards by Prdo: 3:58pm On Aug 02, 2016
This information, if correct is only meant for pastors and would be pastors in the RCCG. It is not meant for members of the Church or the public. Whomever, brought this to the public should ask the church and God for forgiveness.
Re: Adeboye Frowns At Pastors Growing Beards by segcymoor(m): 3:59pm On Aug 02, 2016
Ok
Re: Adeboye Frowns At Pastors Growing Beards by tintingz(m): 4:01pm On Aug 02, 2016
Ibiyomee:

Have you seen him(JESUS)? Or is it the one in the movie(Passion of Christ) you are talking about?
Grown men in the bible have beards, in fact Jewish men have beards, that's how they are and that's the law in the bible.

LEVITICUS 19 VS 27 "'Do not cut the hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard.

So historically and biblically, Jesus have beards.
Re: Adeboye Frowns At Pastors Growing Beards by Mrjo(m): 4:13pm On Aug 02, 2016
Kabbi and niger rice is 8k so buy 4rm them is stone free.
otitokoroleti:
A bag of rice is now =N=17,500:00k, we need God intervention

1 Like

Re: Adeboye Frowns At Pastors Growing Beards by temmiesexy(f): 4:17pm On Aug 02, 2016
hungryboy:
guess u b 1 of Jesus disciple.... aw u take knw say em keep beards
Re: Adeboye Frowns At Pastors Growing Beards by otitokoroleti: 4:19pm On Aug 02, 2016
Mrjo:
Kabbi and niger rice is 8k so buy 4rm them is stone free.
am sori bt i dnt knw kabbi/niger rice and am sure dat its nt gud 4 consumption
Re: Adeboye Frowns At Pastors Growing Beards by CzarChris(m): 4:25pm On Aug 02, 2016
efilefun:
[size=13pt]This days Christianity keeps preaching almost the opposite of what jesus did. I have never seen a picture of "Holy Mary" with her hair opened nor seen a picture of "Jesus" without beards except when he was a kid, so preaching against this two things done by those you claim to follow means you on ur own lane[/size]

So if those pics aint real then christians had been carrying and bowing to a mere statue with a random picture
I just have one question, after which I will know how to tackle these issues you raised.

Are you a Christian?
Re: Adeboye Frowns At Pastors Growing Beards by Ibiyomee(f): 4:40pm On Aug 02, 2016
tintingz:
Grown men in the bible have beards, in fact Jewish men have beards, that's how they are and that's the law in the bible.

LEVITICUS 19 VS 27 "'Do not cut the hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard.

So historically and biblically, Jesus have beards.
So, the word Jesus is in your own Old testament?
If we are to follow the laws in old testament, do you know what we(christians) will be tagged as in our world of today?

Note- Even the word CHRISTIANS appeared first and only in the new testament.
Re: Adeboye Frowns At Pastors Growing Beards by nextstep(m): 4:43pm On Aug 02, 2016
Barselonia:

“Don’t marry a girl simply because she can sing! In the choir there are some people that can sing but they are fallen angels! Marry a prayer warrior! If a girl cannot pray for one hour, don’t marry her.

Na the girls that can pray for one hour I dey fear pass... They have so many sins per week that they need 1 hour to unload them in prayer!!! grin
Re: Adeboye Frowns At Pastors Growing Beards by babestella: 4:48pm On Aug 02, 2016
If you can't marry a praying girl, you can marry the one that can dance shoki for 3 hours na.
Re: Adeboye Frowns At Pastors Growing Beards by Ibiyomee(f): 4:50pm On Aug 02, 2016
vislabraye:

If you read your bible very well, you'll see the portion that said Jesus beards was pulled during his crucifixion. He had beards. In fact the Jesus forbade shaving.
Really?
Read 1cor 11:14
Re: Adeboye Frowns At Pastors Growing Beards by efficiencie(m): 4:56pm On Aug 02, 2016
saying “don’t ever marry outside the church and you have no reason to marry outside RCCG. The reason is that if you are both from the same church even when trouble comes it is easier for the pastors to handle it!

Really? Yes! Do not marry outside the church, but the church is not a place, the church is not a name, the church is not necessarily a denomination, the church is not bounded by walls, the church is not ethnic, the church is not gender biased, the church is not the creation of any man...It is the invention of Christ and the representation of Christ.

If my wife is from MFM and I worship at RCCG I will most certainly marry her...There are marriages that started in RCCG that ended in a divorce and there was nothing the RCCG pastors could do about it...

We need to snap out of denominationalism, break down the walls of attrition we have rebuilt by forming discordant identities and realize that we are one...CAC, TAC, MFM, GAC, AG, CPM, OPM, OFM, MLDM, CMDL, CRA etc...Christ prayed to the Father to make us one that He was one with the Father...Let us not break Christ's heart over and over again!

2 Likes

Re: Adeboye Frowns At Pastors Growing Beards by habsydiamond(m): 4:56pm On Aug 02, 2016
I will like to ask. Is it a sin to keep beard. Cos if its not why is baba say his pastors should not keep.
Re: Adeboye Frowns At Pastors Growing Beards by elfakkawy(m): 4:58pm On Aug 02, 2016
I don't know why the fear of Islam and Muslims
Re: Adeboye Frowns At Pastors Growing Beards by devonpaul(m): 4:58pm On Aug 02, 2016
efilefun:
[size=13pt]This days Christianity keeps preaching almost the opposite of what jesus did. I have never seen a picture of "Holy Mary" with her hair opened nor seen a picture of "Jesus" without beards except when he was a kid, so preaching against this two things done by those you claim to follow means you on ur own lane[/size]

So if those pics aint real then christians had been carrying and bowing to a mere statue with a random picture

Ask yourself have u seen Jesus before? Oh uve seen the movie where Bruce Willis acted Jesus! Nice, so that's your own Jesus.. Truth is no one on earth has seen Jesus. Whatever u see on picture frames, movies, Bibles are merely Pictorial representation, It does not neccesarily mean that's his Look. Gosh, I think say we don mature pass all this levels na.. Be guided o boss
Re: Adeboye Frowns At Pastors Growing Beards by Originalsly: 5:02pm On Aug 02, 2016
Hmmm..... why would I marry a girl that prays for at least an hour? I would certainly believe she committed wayyyy too many sins.... or be praying for wayyyy too many things. Growing beards.... this snake guy be speaking with a forked tongue.... pastors must not grow beards... then... they must appear as elders to the youths and not their mates. Wouldn't shaving off the beard make someone look younger?...isn't not that what he does?..and dye hair to look young?...to attract the ehmmm...let me shut up.
Re: Adeboye Frowns At Pastors Growing Beards by mikolo80: 5:05pm On Aug 02, 2016
madridguy:
In Baba better understanding, growing beards means you belong to Al Qaeda. grin grin grin
yeah yeah yeah
Moses AbJesus Isaac David Noah Jesus apostles
How many were clean shaven
Re: Adeboye Frowns At Pastors Growing Beards by pippimp(m): 5:08pm On Aug 02, 2016
Adedove:
Pastoral work is not a profession, bt a calling; mind it!

You sure about that? So please tell me what they do for sustenance?
Re: Adeboye Frowns At Pastors Growing Beards by nnaemekanwachuk(m): 5:14pm On Aug 02, 2016
Barselonia:

lolz... even Jesus sef get beard... or. because papa no get beard Make his pastors too no get
Pls why do we always twist things around
Re: Adeboye Frowns At Pastors Growing Beards by ewosk: 5:15pm On Aug 02, 2016
efilefun:

NOW TODAY YOU KNOW grin
Re: Adeboye Frowns At Pastors Growing Beards by Richiebill(m): 5:17pm On Aug 02, 2016
hungryboy:
Ehn-Ehn? Abeg wey the picture of Jesus wey groove beard dey? I wan see am
Re: Adeboye Frowns At Pastors Growing Beards by nnaemekanwachuk(m): 5:18pm On Aug 02, 2016
Barselonia:

lolz... even Jesus sef get beard... or. because papa no get beard Make his pastors too no get
Pls why do we always twist things around
Ibiyomee:

Really?

But you know the difference now[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Adeboye Frowns At Pastors Growing Beards by mamaafrik(m): 5:18pm On Aug 02, 2016
Phobia1:

buh jesus neva shaved his beard na.
if there had been anything like that then,he must have considered shaving it
Re: Adeboye Frowns At Pastors Growing Beards by efficiencie(m): 5:20pm On Aug 02, 2016
Ibiyomee:

Really?

Did you read that verse? it says doesn't even NATURE TEACHES...does this natural rule rule out the possibility of a person taking the vow of a Nazarite and separating himself for the LORD, abstaining from wine, leaving his beard and the locks of his hair according to Numbers 6:2-8?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Reincarnation Proof: How To Remember Your Past Life The Easiest Way / Pastor Adeboye Speaks On Fire Outbreaks: 'God Said We Haven’t Seen Anything Yet' / Woman Teaches Married Couple How To Pray During Sex For God's Blessing At Orgasm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.