Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,141 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:24 AM

Does Keeping Your Beards Make You A Ruffian?? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does Keeping Your Beards Make You A Ruffian?? (4379 Views)

10 Reasons Guys With Beards Make The Best Boyfriend / Ladies! Does Keeping Your Virginity Till Marriage Make You A Better Person?? / 8 Stereotypical Belief About Ladies With Beards And Hairy Body (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Keeping Your Beards Make You A Ruffian?? by NevetsIbot(m): 10:44am On Aug 02, 2016
Ya'll probably heard about how pastor Adeboye declared that the pastors at RCCG should be clean shaven (zero beards). According to him, he says he doesnt want them to look like people who just came from Al Qaeda training camp. He also said something like it made them a kinda bad example for the younger ones. I'm not against pastor Adeboye. oh no, not at all.

I'm just wondering, does having a beard make you automatically a thug or ruffian or less of a man? From what I know, beards fit some guys tremendrously and some look like bald cats without their beards. to me, althought, I find some guys very repulsive with full beards e.g Rick ross. And I currentl do not have beards sad... It's painful sha.

Why would God give me hair under my chin and jaws if he doesnt want me to groom it?

So, over to you guys. Does a beard lower the impression a person has on you or increases it?

Re: Does Keeping Your Beards Make You A Ruffian?? by newsphase(m): 10:52am On Aug 02, 2016
I believe a beard improves the person you are .... For once it makes you look older and more mature ...

As for Pastor Adeboye is he trying to tell us that Moses, Abraham and Elijah who all kept their beards were gorillas .... There was a time in the bible when King David sent his officials to another land to deliver a message to a defiant king... the king cut off the beard of his officials and David heard this and said his officials should stay there till their beard grow bad..

Now that shows you how beard was rendered in the bible...

So I believe a beard improves your personality ... Just click on my name and view my profile... you will see a guy with a beard... how does he look... What is the first impression you have of him?

2 Likes

Re: Does Keeping Your Beards Make You A Ruffian?? by Nobody: 10:55am On Aug 02, 2016
I know in the Bible days, keeping long beards was a thing of dignity and shaving off someone's beards was some sort of ultimate insult

Different people have their own ideology.

Personally, I think well groomed beards are very attractive, no matter how thick it is.

To each his own.

2 Likes

Re: Does Keeping Your Beards Make You A Ruffian?? by grad2012(f): 10:55am On Aug 02, 2016
No it doesn't,but it depends on how you keep it. If kept nicely trimmed and neat it will make you look sophisticated and decent smiley but if bushy and rough lipsrsealed then u can say otherwise grin angry
Re: Does Keeping Your Beards Make You A Ruffian?? by Nobody: 10:55am On Aug 02, 2016
No cheesy
Re: Does Keeping Your Beards Make You A Ruffian?? by MrKamar(m): 11:02am On Aug 02, 2016
Jesus Christ had (has) bear bear grin
Re: Does Keeping Your Beards Make You A Ruffian?? by Nobody: 11:02am On Aug 02, 2016
⛅I don't know, I don't care. All I know is I want it in my life! grin

Re: Does Keeping Your Beards Make You A Ruffian?? by Nobody: 11:05am On Aug 02, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:

Is he the one? grin
Re: Does Keeping Your Beards Make You A Ruffian?? by andray12(m): 11:05am On Aug 02, 2016
nope
Re: Does Keeping Your Beards Make You A Ruffian?? by NevetsIbot(m): 11:06am On Aug 02, 2016
newsphase:
I believe a beard improves the person you are .... For once it makes you look older and more mature ...

As for Pastor Adeboye is he trying to tell us that Moses, Abraham and Elijah who all kept their beards were gorillas .... There was a time in the bible when King David sent his officials to another land to deliver a message to a defiant king... the king cut off the beard of his officials and David heard this and said his officials should stay there till their beard grow bad..

Now that shows you how beard was rendered in the bible...

So I believe a beard improves your personality ... Just click on my name and view my profile... you will see a guy with a beard... how does he look... What is the first impression you have of him?
The guy looks so serious minded. You'd just have to respect him instantly
Re: Does Keeping Your Beards Make You A Ruffian?? by NevetsIbot(m): 11:07am On Aug 02, 2016
OdikwaRisky:
I know in the Bible days, keeping long beards was a thing of dignity and shaving off someone's beards was some sort of ultimate insult

Different people have their own ideology.

Personally, I think we'll groomed beards are very attractive, no matter how thick it is.

To each his own.
Thanks
Re: Does Keeping Your Beards Make You A Ruffian?? by Nobody: 11:09am On Aug 02, 2016
PushPlay:

Is he the one? grin
Give me a few more days and he will be wink
Re: Does Keeping Your Beards Make You A Ruffian?? by NevetsIbot(m): 11:09am On Aug 02, 2016
Bushy like rick Ross uhn? That guy dey vex me

grad2012:
No it doesn't,but it depends on how you keep it. If kept nicely trimmed and neat it will make you look sophisticated and decent smiley but if bushy and rough lipsrsealed then u can say otherwise grin angry
Re: Does Keeping Your Beards Make You A Ruffian?? by NevetsIbot(m): 11:09am On Aug 02, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
lol. Puffy. You no get chill at all
Re: Does Keeping Your Beards Make You A Ruffian?? by NevetsIbot(m): 11:10am On Aug 02, 2016
MrKamar:
Jesus Christ had (has) bear bear grin
yeah. Neatly trimmed beards. I can picture it

1 Like

Re: Does Keeping Your Beards Make You A Ruffian?? by M17CXi: 11:11am On Aug 02, 2016
Beards is nice Its only hated by peps who don't have it, Or loners
Re: Does Keeping Your Beards Make You A Ruffian?? by naijaboiy: 11:13am On Aug 02, 2016
Ruffian ke? All it takes is to keep it neat and you're good to go.

I hate professions that won't let a man keep his beards how he wants. Doesn't make sense to me cos I still don't understand how beards can affect your job or personality. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Does Keeping Your Beards Make You A Ruffian?? by Nobody: 11:15am On Aug 02, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
Give me a few more days and he will be wink
I've got more beards. tongue
Re: Does Keeping Your Beards Make You A Ruffian?? by newsphase(m): 11:16am On Aug 02, 2016
NevetsIbot:
The guy looks so serious minded. You'd just have to respect him instantly

So How do you see men with beard now
Re: Does Keeping Your Beards Make You A Ruffian?? by Nobody: 11:17am On Aug 02, 2016
People think it looks unprofessional and informal
I don't know where they got that idea from.
The same way dreads and in some cases natural hair on ladies are discriminated against in the corporate world

naijaboiy:
Ruffian ke? All it takes is to keep it neat and you're good to go.

I hate professions that won't let a man keep his beards how he wants. Doesn't make sense to me cos I still don't understand how beards can affect your job or personality. undecided
Re: Does Keeping Your Beards Make You A Ruffian?? by Mcmooney(m): 11:19am On Aug 02, 2016
To those of us that know how to keep beards, it looks good on us. Though I most elderly people in the family are complaining and demanding that I shave it. But me I no send anybody oh
Re: Does Keeping Your Beards Make You A Ruffian?? by Nobody: 11:21am On Aug 02, 2016
PushPlay:

I've got more beards. tongue
⚡you also got a beer belly
Re: Does Keeping Your Beards Make You A Ruffian?? by Nobody: 11:26am On Aug 02, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
⚡you also got a beer belly

I've got 6 packs. cheesy
Re: Does Keeping Your Beards Make You A Ruffian?? by Nobody: 11:30am On Aug 02, 2016
PushPlay:

I've got 6 packs. cheesy
Lies. Yer as round as a ball and you have beady eyes and are bald tongue
......⚡how do you get dates
Re: Does Keeping Your Beards Make You A Ruffian?? by solomonbrown64: 11:34am On Aug 02, 2016
.... I once went clean, shaving all off my beards and my girl went all berserk on me. Well groomed beards makes one look better and sometimes younger. I think there is just too much fanaticism in the religions practised in this country.
Re: Does Keeping Your Beards Make You A Ruffian?? by absool(m): 11:37am On Aug 02, 2016
ppl can misinterprete certain comments
Re: Does Keeping Your Beards Make You A Ruffian?? by absool(m): 11:38am On Aug 02, 2016
ppl can misinterprete certain comments if you see a pastor dat his beard is like osama would go to d church
Re: Does Keeping Your Beards Make You A Ruffian?? by adelacuna(m): 11:59am On Aug 02, 2016
It doesn't as long as you keep it neat
Re: Does Keeping Your Beards Make You A Ruffian?? by NevetsIbot(m): 12:29pm On Aug 02, 2016
newsphase:

So How do you see men with beard now
I always saw them as men na.. Like higher men. Was just wondering why some people are prejudiced against it
Re: Does Keeping Your Beards Make You A Ruffian?? by AfricanApple(f): 12:38pm On Aug 02, 2016
Don't mind Nigerians and their weird thinking ability. the beard is better than looking like a bald chickem
Re: Does Keeping Your Beards Make You A Ruffian?? by newsphase(m): 12:40pm On Aug 02, 2016
NevetsIbot:
I always saw them as men na.. Like higher men. Was just wondering why some people are prejudiced against it

it's just because some men don't know how to keep their and it makes them look awkward
Re: Does Keeping Your Beards Make You A Ruffian?? by Trendin(m): 12:40pm On Aug 02, 2016
No, but keeping beards make you look different from a woman.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Do Ladies Moan/cry During Sex / Best Low Budget Birthday Gift For My Girlfriend / Have U Ever Blocked Some1 On Social Media If Yes Why Did U Block D Person.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.