Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,646 members, 7,955,353 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:44 PM

Open Letter To Pastor Adeboye - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Open Letter To Pastor Adeboye (4016 Views)

Daddy Freeze To Pastor Adeboye: "Pope Drinks Beer And Doesn't Pay Tithe" / Daddy Freeze & Eldee React To Pastor Adeboye's Death Prayer This Morning / Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye's Tweet About Facebook Wife & YouTube (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Open Letter To Pastor Adeboye by eph12(m): 7:34pm On Aug 05, 2016
blueseacats:
Go and watch the movie "oh God" by Carl Reiner it's as if they observed Nigerian pastors before making that movie.
You want me to mention rich pastors in the Western countries?
Re: Open Letter To Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 10:42pm On Aug 05, 2016
eph12:

You want me to mention rich pastors in the Western countries?
We know them, they got gifts from members, well audited by the government IRS, they don't spend "TITHE MONEY" who audits Nigerian pastors?

Government have enlightened the American public, no body wastes money anymore.Checkout that black idiot called Creflo Dollar who said he wanted a private jet, the public shut him down ASAP .

That's what we need in Nigeria .
Re: Open Letter To Pastor Adeboye by God2man(m): 12:00am On Aug 06, 2016
Tithe wahala for narailand no be small thing ooo.

Na real job.
Re: Open Letter To Pastor Adeboye by Tobitrueman(m): 1:48am On Aug 06, 2016
IHate9ja1:

https://www.nairaland.com/3245920/see-what-jehovah-witnesses-go

This showcases the OP may be a witness trying to cajole everyone into believing their heresies.
Re: Open Letter To Pastor Adeboye by eph12(m): 6:11am On Aug 06, 2016
blueseacats:
We know them, they got gifts from members, well audited by the government IRS, they don't spend "TITHE MONEY" who audits Nigerian pastors?

Government have enlightened the American public, no body wastes money anymore.Checkout that black idiot called Creflo Dollar who said he wanted a private jet, the public shut him down ASAP .

You would be surprised the magnitude of donation Nigerians donate to their pastors.
If our government does not audit our churches it's not the fault of these churches but the government so quit blaming the churches.
Re: Open Letter To Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 7:15am On Aug 06, 2016
Tobitrueman:

This showcases the OP may be a witness trying to cajole everyone into believing their heresies.
believe you me am a redeemer but the truth must be told,with tithes,offerings,donations and all the church can do better for its members.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 7:21am On Aug 06, 2016
eph12:

You would be surprised the magnitude of donation Nigerians donate to their pastors.
If our government does not audit our churches it's not the fault of these churches but the government so quit blaming the churches.
my fellow man for the few times i attended service, N45million for Ac units and N15million for multimedia wireless technology coverage in a church isnt bad but what baffles me is that have they made the same gigantic efforts and measure to improve lives out there? Why i referred to Jehovah witness is because of how selfless they are in their service irrespective of our perspective concerning them
Re: Open Letter To Pastor Adeboye by eph12(m): 7:37am On Aug 06, 2016
IHate9ja1:

my fellow man for the few times i attended service, N45million for Ac units and N15million for multimedia wireless technology coverage in a church isnt bad but what baffles me is that have they made the same gigantic efforts and measure to improve lives out there? Why i referred to Jehovah witness is because of how selfless they are in their service irrespective of perspective concerning them
http://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/06/24/rccg-dominion-chapel-offers-free-medical-services-to-arepo-community/

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/03/rccg-offers-free-medical-service/

There are more if you care to check.
Re: Open Letter To Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 7:42am On Aug 06, 2016
blueseacats:

imagine a pastor utilizing such luxury while majority of the congregation are poor?
Jesus was selfless,he never Withheld anything but rather he gave his all. I even read it on the front page about the new rules Baba gave as regarding tithes and offerings.
Last 3weeks the presenter of Nigeria info ph,presented a similar case scenario.
Re: Open Letter To Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 8:09am On Aug 06, 2016
God2man:
Tithe wahala for narailand no be small thing ooo.

Na real job.
they now demand for it as if its their legal right....lol
nowadays its more paramount than salvation itself
Re: Open Letter To Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 8:16am On Aug 06, 2016
blueseacats:

if giving my tithes to the beggars/homeless out there or if giving it to that fellow man who sits besides me in church who isnt doing well would take me to hellfire... i think i would prefer hellfire
Re: Open Letter To Pastor Adeboye by paxonel(m): 9:14am On Aug 06, 2016
[quote author=IHate9ja1 post=48205486][/quote] God bless you
Re: Open Letter To Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 12:35pm On Aug 06, 2016
eph12:

In developed countries where people give gifts to pastors, poverty is to the minimum, in fact I have noticed that any poor person here is that way for one fault of his or another, the economy is good free education for children in high school and aid and load assistance for university students,one time I could not pay my school fees as I was thinking how to either raise money or dropout out of school because $10,000 is not easy to come by, the school sent my statement of account and told me my fees has been paid by Nazarene church. That was my first time hearing about them. That is tithe payers money the church gave to me as opposed to private jet for the pastor.

In Nigerias majority of the population live under a $ yet the few rich take their gifts to pastors and for what?

We go to church like no tomorrow yet corruption everywhere , the most corrupt people do thanksging in church every Sunday and the pastor blesses them.

How can we be this adamant, even when the bible warned of false prophets in the end time?

Who do you think organized Nigeria during the colonization? Missionaries mostly, not government, so because the government is in disarray the church should take advantage ? I have alway said it that Nigerias problem is more from churches than politicians.
Re: Open Letter To Pastor Adeboye by eph12(m): 1:53pm On Aug 06, 2016
blueseacats:
In developed countries where people give gifts to pastors, poverty is to the minimum, in fact I have noticed that any poor person here is that way for one fault of his or another, the economy is good free education for children in high school and aid and load assistance for university students,one time I could not pay my school fees as I was thinking how to either raise money or dropout out of school because $10,000 is not easy to come by, the school sent my statement of account and told me my fees has been paid by Nazarene church. That was my first time hearing about them. That is tithe payers money the church gave to me as opposed to private jet for the pastor.

In Nigerias majority of the population live under a $ yet the few rich take their gifts to pastors and for what?

We go to church like no tomorrow yet corruption everywhere , the most corrupt people do thanksging in church every Sunday and the pastor blesses them.

How can we be this adamant, even when the bible warned of false prophets in the end time?

Who do you think organized Nigeria during the colonization? Missionaries mostly, not government, so because the government is in disarray the church should take advantage ? I have alway said it that Nigerias problem is more from churches than politicians.
Bros no church forced anybody to bring give money to the church. Personally I don't pay my tithes always and I don't feel threatened. I use my head to do things. If others don't feel that way why should I blame the church?
A church paid your fees fine but if you check well it's happening in Nigeria too.
Re: Open Letter To Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 2:13pm On Aug 06, 2016
paxonel:
God bless you
you too enjoy your weekend
Re: Open Letter To Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 2:18pm On Aug 06, 2016
blueseacats:

you are right,the brain washing is just too much.if any,its only few that would do that here if you aint part of their workforce. Christianity sweet but the so called MOG's seems to find it easy to lay their own rules which is contradicting to the bible. Which is why there are so many different believes and doctrines which brings me to ask if we are reading different bibles.
Re: Open Letter To Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 3:13pm On Aug 06, 2016
eph12:

Bros no church forced anybody to bring give money to the church. Personally I don't pay my tithes always and I don't feel threatened. I use my head to do things. If others don't feel that way why should I blame the church?
A church paid your fees fine but if you check well it's happening in Nigeria too.
Guy listen, the fact that nobody forced you to give beggars money does not mean contract begging is legal. Telling people to vow to bring certain amount of money to the church breeds corruption and different societal ills, that's why we are fantastically corrupt. Stop giving people reason to be nuisance .
Re: Open Letter To Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 3:15pm On Aug 06, 2016
IHate9ja1:

you are right,the brain washing is just too much.if any,its only few that would do that here if you aint part of their workforce. Christianity sweet but the so called MOG's seems to find it easy to lay their own rules which is contradicting to the bible. Which is why there are so many different believes and doctrines which brings me to ask if we are reading different bibles.
Bro. I hope our eyes open one day to the attributes this guys are doing. I look at the most backward continent in the world and cry.
Re: Open Letter To Pastor Adeboye by eph12(m): 3:33pm On Aug 06, 2016
blueseacats:
Guy listen, the fact that nobody forced you to give beggars money does not mean contract begging is legal. Telling people to vow to bring certain amount of money to the church breeds corruption and different societal ills, that's why we are fantastically corrupt. Stop giving people reason to be nuisance .
See we are never going to agree on this.
Nobody forces me to give out my money. If am not convinced I won't be dropping any of my hard earned money and I won't blame the church if I don't drop. So why should I blame the church if another donates huge sums for some projects when I don't blame them if I don't?
We like looking for excuses in this part of the world. We have the capacity to think ourselves but if we don't and we allow someone else think for us why should I blame the one thinking for me?
Re: Open Letter To Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 4:25pm On Aug 06, 2016
eph12:

See we are never going to agree on this.
Nobody forces me to give out my money. If am not convinced I won't be dropping any of my hard earned money and I won't blame the church if I don't drop. So why should I blame the church if another donates huge sums for some projects when I don't blame them if I don't?
We like looking for excuses in this part of the world. We have the capacity to think ourselves but if we don't and we allow someone else think for us why should I blame the one thinking for me?
Yea, I agree we will never agree on this, but I'm happy a lot of Nigerians are beginning to think for themselves, I was made to understand that Europe was like this in medieval days when the clergy made the law according what the thought the bible said, that's why , thinkers left Europe and found the new world where like minds discussed based bible principle, but without imposition of mosaic laws, that's how America was born and as soon as European peasants realized that they have been robbed by the church they demanded change.So here we are, the new west.

Am happy most Nigerians are turning around to ask themselves questions like ("wait a minutes, who gave the pastor sole understanding of the bible and how we shall practice it".

That critical thinking ability that Nigerians are beginning to develop is what will bring us out the realm of third world instead of underdevelopment .

I was happy when over heard a young man telling his friend that pastor said "anyone that's hoping for a job within two months should shout amen, I think what we need to do is to go get some skills before we start screaming amen"

That kind of thinking of from that young man gives me hope that someday Nigerians will realize , like China that the only way to be prosperous is gaining skills and working hard with those skills , and for heavenly blessings give to the poor as any money giving to them is handed straight to God unadulterated.

Am not saying this to convince you, but I know other people are reading, all we need is a majority. Am tired of Africa being referred to as third world. Even God is probably wondering at this point if he got it wrong with black race.
Re: Open Letter To Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 8:03pm On Aug 06, 2016
blueseacats:
sometimes you dont need to argue when you have your facts right,each to his/her opinion. Lmao ....contract and official begging.
Did you read this ?

https://www.nairaland.com/3249114/christ-embassy-demands-unpaid-tithes/3
Re: Open Letter To Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 8:17pm On Aug 06, 2016
blueseacats:
Yea, I agree we will never agree on this, but I'm happy a lot of Nigerians are beginning to think for themselves, I was made to understand that Europe was like this in medieval days when the clergy made the law according what the thought the bible said, that's why , thinkers left Europe and found the new world where like minds discussed based bible principle, but without imposition of mosaic laws, that's how America was born and as soon as European peasants realized that they have been robbed by the church they demanded change.So here we are, the new west.

Am happy most Nigerians are turning around to ask themselves questions like ("wait a minutes, who gave the pastor sole understanding of the bible and how we shall practice it".

That critical thinking ability that Nigerians are beginning to develop is what will bring us out the realm of third world instead of underdevelopment .

I was happy when over heard a young man telling his friend that pastor said "anyone that's hoping for a job within two months should shout amen, I think what we need to do is to go get some skills before we start screaming amen"

That kind of thinking of from that young man gives me hope that someday Nigerians will realize , like China that the only way to be prosperous is gaining skills and working hard with those skills , and for heavenly blessings give to the poor as any money giving to them is handed straight to God unadulterated.

Am not saying this to convince you, but I know other people are reading, all we need is a majority. Am tired of Africa being referred to as third world. Even God is probably wondering at this point if he got it wrong with black race.

the Nigerian mentality is messed up,we are quick to immortalize mere human beings which is why we arre taking for a ride. If you see the rate of kidnapping and robbery here in Ph,my host had to relocate his family out of town to lagos do a rented apartment while he stays in office camp and even built a duplex here. My point is,should the church have done the right thing by collecting such huge donations as they used to just to change lives,mehn the level of kidnapping cases would go down,many lack basic amenities and needs for survival while the church are keeping billions @ their and before you know it Na Bombardier Jet and the most shocking of it all is that for most kidnapping cases that has happened to church members it is after sunday worship service meaning that kidnappers informants are right there inside the church.
May God help us all
Re: Open Letter To Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 10:57pm On Aug 06, 2016
IHate9ja1:

the Nigerian mentality is messed up,we are quick to immortalize mere human beings which is why we arre taking for a ride. If you see the rate of kidnapping and robbery here in Ph,my host had to relocate his family out of town to lagos do a rented apartment while he stays in office camp and even built a duplex here. My point is,should the church have done the right thing by collecting such huge donations as they used to just to change lives,mehn the level of kidnapping cases would go down,many lack basic amenities and needs for survival while the church are keeping billions @ their and before you know it Na Bombardier Jet and the most shocking of it all is that for most kidnapping cases that has happened to church members it is after sunday worship service meaning that kidnappers informants are right there inside the church.
May God help us all
My brother, Nigerias situation is very critical, the church is supposed to be inspirational, but no, they tell you how all you problems are spiritual so you will continue to go and spend your whole day in fellowship denying yourself precious time needed for hustling, and denying the economy man hours.

People become so poor that they cling to religion, and the pastors keep sucking away the little they have.

It's sad, so sad.
Re: Open Letter To Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 8:35am On Aug 07, 2016
blueseacats:
My brother, Nigerias situation is very critical, the church is supposed to be inspirational, but no, they tell you how all you problems are spiritual so you will continue to go and spend your whole day in fellowship denying yourself precious time needed for hustling, and denying the economy man hours.

People become so poor that they cling to religion, and the pastors keep sucking away the little they have.

It's sad, so sad.
its a pathetic situation which is very disheartening. Everything is now spiritual alot of senses has been clouded. Asides sunday service and revival/vigil i dont even attend bible study... Thats where the manipulations begins
Re: Open Letter To Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 3:49pm On Aug 07, 2016
blueseacats:
https://www.nairaland.com/3273264/wedding-cancelled-because-tithe-card
can you imagine?
Re: Open Letter To Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 3:50pm On Aug 07, 2016
eph12:

this is the 2nd case reported on this forum in less than a month
Re: Open Letter To Pastor Adeboye by eph12(m): 4:07pm On Aug 07, 2016
IHate9ja1:

this is the 2nd case reported on this forum in less than a month
Is the church redeem? The so called guy was careless. He must have been told all he needs to make available for his wedding to take place in that Church during courtship.
Re: Open Letter To Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 10:24pm On Aug 07, 2016
eph12:

Is the church redeem? The so called guy was careless. He must have been told all he needs to make available for his wedding to take place in that Church during courtship.
well i wouldnt know but the issue i raise here is applicable to all church.
If a church is more concerned with budgets and buildings than PEOPLE they should close their doors. A church without mercy is fraud ...Pastor John Hagee
Re: Open Letter To Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 10:28pm On Aug 07, 2016
LETTER TO PASTOR ADEBOYE
Sir, please we know you can help nigerian youths, please help us. Sell one of those jets, use it to create jobs, I think we have had enough
church now, 'it is well, Gob bless you' is not enough to put food on our
tables, we need a place to work after worshipping in churches, don't
leave it to politicianss alone, create jobs, afterall tithe is very important
to 'God' and we all can't be pastors.
RCCG worth billions of dollars, it won't affect you if you raise fund for establishing a mobile network operating company or if you have
indigenous clothline, or eastablish a farm and agric products processing
company and employ thousands of youths, we have strenght, we have
skills, we have certificates, we can work with our hands as well. You
have acres of land from lagos-ibadan express to Simawa and other
towns, plz think of helping the masses more as all the problems might not be spiritual.
Thank you.
I have a very good job but sincerely I have a lot of peole in need around
me and at times I wish I could help them more but mehn its not easy
All of you quoting me are just angry on nothing! No one is blaming
him, he's my pastor but not my God! Looking for help from politicians is like pouring water into basket, they are after their pocket, none of
them care but we still have some ppl we all look up to, we see them as
role models, Adeboye, Oyedepo and the likes, they can do more,
nobody is asking them for money, all of us can't be rccg or winners
pastor, let them establish companies, after all its all abt gain, while
they make gain more people would be employed, that's my point. To rccg members qouting me with insult, plz get your brains settled none
is above reprove, I'm a christian too. Thanks

https://www.nairaland.com/odave
the above Nairalander also addressed the same issue too.
Re: Open Letter To Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 10:37pm On Aug 07, 2016
blueseacats:
Nna churches in western world are incorporated as non for profit organization, and they are audited every year to make sure no one is making personal profit from church.

You should have google on you phone.
i really appreciate your contribution. A fellow Nairalander also raised the same issue i am addressing here too,i quoted and mentioned him him on here too,he also wrote an open letter
Re: Open Letter To Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 2:15am On Aug 08, 2016
IHate9ja1:

i really appreciate your contribution. A fellow Nairalander also raised the same issue i am addressing here too,i quoted and mentioned him him on here too,he also wrote an open letter
It's what we should start doing for our generation bro. If not we will indeed be a wasted generation like the Europeans who spent the whole medieval century trying figure out religion . I really appreciate you contribution too, big ups.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Pastor Adeboye by Nawa4nl: 10:00am On Aug 08, 2016
Adeboye no sabi God, na ein pocket ein dey find.

Rumour has it that he is a Freemason

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Heaven And Hell After Earth Makes Sense Only If... / Evil Confirms Absence Of God. / Haters Kumuyi Live On TV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.