Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,040 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

Rhoda - Literature (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Rhoda (61814 Views)

Rhoda Season 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rhoda by frozenfirenaija(f): 4:46pm On Aug 17, 2016
Episode 45
The boy finally woke up from his coma on a very bright September morning. He had thankfully spent only two weeks in the deep sleep; two weeks that my family had spent in agony inflicted by his family who kept threatening to file a court case against us because they assumed we had a large money growing tree behind our large duplex where we could easily pluck just about any amount they asked of us to sustain the sick boy who of course,had no idea who hit him.
Mother had hired a very expensive and reliable lawyer who had never lost a case before. He had promised us that we wouldn't have to go to court if he handled the matter 'professionally'. The lawyer was an Igbo man whose surname I still find very hard to pronounce but all i know is he emphasized the word 'professionally' and the look on his face explained it was nothing close to a legal deal or professionalism. His fair in complexion face had different shades of lies and deception, for a moment he looked liked Father.
Mother had thanked him for his support and wrote a cheque for him saying she would balance up when the case was settled. The lawyer was grateful to be dealing with a family that paid well and he promised he wouldn't let us down so here we were,in a black 2015 Sienna : the lawyer, Father ,me and a very awkward silence going to a place I didn't know.
Father had insisted I followed them. The past weeks had been spent apart like a normal family except the frequent times I caught him staring or when we were talking and he wouldn't stop looking at my cleavages instead of my face but he had never tried to touch me or come close to my room door. I wondered why he wanted me to come and I concluded that he wanted the company of his most trusted acquaintance,The car came to a halt and the driver got down and opened the door for me. I looked around me and I realised we were somewhere in Magodo. From the moment I stepped down from the car in my jeans and black heels, I knew the place was familiar and I wasn't wrong.
Theo came out of the house with a wide smile on his face.
"Hello dear,it's been a long time" His voice wasn't deep and evil like every villian in a super hero movie. He had the tiniest masculine voice I have ever heard,he sounded more like a disco singer than a drug dealer and the man who had the solution to the court case that the illiterates threatened to file. I have too much to say to him,a long fight to bring down the table but instead i gave him the coolest smile letting sleeping dogs lie. They exchanged pleasantries and entered the big house.
A man was tied to the chair and his face was covered with a black cloth. Even though his yells could be compared to the noise in every zombie horror movie,non of the men seemed to care not like I expected Father's usual grin to be off but even the lawyer had that straight face teenagers make when a sexual scene rolls in when their parent are with them. I looked at the man horrified,he was bleeding in the nose and his lip had a ugly looking cut that made his lip look like a ham burger with blood in place of jam.
"Who is he?" My voice had faded to a whisper .
I had forced the words to come out after clearing my throat and searching for the words while I observed him.
"It's the Father of the boy at the hospital" the lawyer adjusted his tie.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rhoda by Vidamia(m): 5:23pm On Aug 17, 2016
this one nah criminal lawyer

1 Like

Re: Rhoda by orijintv(m): 5:33pm On Aug 17, 2016
Igbadun Lawyer
Re: Rhoda by CivilzedTyger(m): 7:21pm On Aug 17, 2016
Thumbs up for the lawyer, that is a very professional way of handling such cases, I'm impressed

1 Like

Re: Rhoda by Nobody: 8:54pm On Aug 17, 2016
nice story so far,expecting mor..
Re: Rhoda by hatchetman(m): 10:23pm On Aug 17, 2016
good story girl...u succeeded in kipin me glued to nairaland...kip it up girl i dont want 2 stop ridin
Re: Rhoda by Rukkydelta(f): 11:30pm On Aug 17, 2016
Vidamia:
this one nah criminal lawyer
I couldn't have said it more better
Re: Rhoda by frozenfirenaija(f): 11:40pm On Aug 17, 2016
Episode 46
I frowned and threw a bizzare look at Father who only shrugged back and made a nonchalant gesture with his big broad shoulders. I kept staring trying to compose myself and show a bit of courage but my lower lip was vibrating. I bit on it to stop the involuntary motion sucking it in to savour the taste of the words I bottled in because I didn't want to cause any trouble with Theo,I didn't want to be in the situation I was eight years ago the last time I saw Theo.
I closed my eyes, I didn't want to remember,I wanted the past to be where it was far away from the frontal lobe of my brain. Far away that I found it had to get into a trance. I never enjoyed going back in time because nothing in it ever favoured me,nothing in this present favoured me. Maybe falling in love was the first favour but I still haven't called Adam after he saved me from the freak with the broken bottle, I had saved his number and occasionally I stared at it longing to dial the number or even leave a message but I couldn't bring myself to do it again. Dialing his number was pulling the devil's tail,I didn't want to be played and be jilted neither did I want to feel the disappointment my heart was sure to feel when he tells me he is in a serious relationship and wants me to move to the massive and spacious ship called the Friendzone.
I opened my eyes and father was in front of me. He stretched his hands then touched my cheeks, carefully massaging my temple and I could feel my face flush with too much emotion,I couldn't define my own aura.
"Are you okay?" His look was as soft as a three year old. I nodded and he moved over to the man on the seat. He removed the blindfolds and I saw the agony in the eyes of the desperate old man or maybe it was just the redness of his eyes as his retina adjusted to the sudden daylight. He stopped yelling and looked from one man to another then stopped at me,with shock and swallowed hard.His Adam's apple was popping out I thought they would rip off his skin in no time. I looked away.
"You still wouldn't do what we asked of you?" The lawyer had taken another step forward placing his hands on the shoulders of the bond man who shot him a fearful glance and a face begging for mercy towards me. I looked away again. I wouldn't interfere, I couldn't stop any of the men neither could I save him. I just had to pretend I didn't exist. I had to become invisible.
The man replied in Yoruba saying he wouldn't do it and he would report to the situation to the police and bring us down. I may not be good at reading people but I knew this man was just blabbing because he thought he could threaten us into paying more money and was too proud to give up easily. I concluded he was from ijebu or Ilesha : two towns that could die for money or pride respectively.
Theo was laughing as he took a cigarette out of the shelf at the end of the sitting room and lit it up. The lawyer looked straight into the man's eye and replied in yoruba that he would beat the living daylight out of him if he didnt succumb to the plan they had explained. Father didn't take his eyes off me the whole time and I avoided his eyes like a plague. What was I even doing here? I was a lost ball in the high weeds.
"Sweetheart,please do the honours" Theo was now looking at me. I had heard what he said but I needed to be sure he has said it to me and he repeated himself painstakingly with an edge of command in his childish tone. I blinked and stared hard into Theo's face and his smile faded within a second. I turned to Father ,he was scratching his head ,he didn't see that coming too.
I wanted to disappear. I wanted the ground to swallow me. I couldn't be an accomplice to what I didn't believe in. Wat I had swore I wouldn't do.
Inflicting pain on an innocent man is the last thing I would ever do and I made that decision long ago.

3 Likes

Re: Rhoda by Shalomdee(f): 12:07am On Aug 18, 2016
Gbuam!

I read your story and it's fantastic, please update as soon as possible.
Re: Rhoda by Chicent(m): 5:35am On Aug 18, 2016
Whosky lawyer...... But with a visible face of all involved, the man will take u all down if he survives. Well except maybe the conditions are beyond comprehension..... I need some More, More gal.

Good morning Frozenfirenaija

2 Likes

Re: Rhoda by Vidamia(m): 6:50am On Aug 18, 2016
we ijebus ain't like money that much or making money out of circumstances......We made legitimate money.....PROUD IJEBU

2 Likes

Re: Rhoda by hefelove(m): 7:47am On Aug 18, 2016
Lawyer weyre leleyi o but was just thinking what has happened between Rhoda and Theo before

And what could that be they asked her to do

1 Like

Re: Rhoda by MissRelly: 7:57am On Aug 18, 2016
gud morning frozenfire nd evrybody anytime i remember dis story goose bumbs cum over me,pls cum nd update o o,dis morning i pick up my phone 2 read d new one my elder shouted at me bcus he knows am not fond of touching my phone in d morning.thumbs up u are good,i hope u had a sweet dream
Re: Rhoda by frozenfirenaija(f): 8:04am On Aug 18, 2016
Thanks all. Will update soon
Re: Rhoda by frozenfirenaija(f): 8:08am On Aug 18, 2016
Episode 47
The metal pressed into my forehead and I whimpered in fear, scared to look up at the ugly face that clouded me with a terrifying look and stench of hatred that choked the life out of me. I squeezed my eyes so tight,my eyelid almost shrinked and fell down. I was a terrible sight to behold as I kept sniffing in the catarrh that blocked my nostrils making respiration even harder than it already was.
Yet i was breathing fast and noisily, oxygen was precious at the moment. Oxygen was the only thing that eased me as my stomach grumbled in fright. If the trigger was pulled, then oxygen wouldnt be free anymore. My face was hot and tears burned down my cheeks as I continued to shake my head in a negative gesture. The sitting room had always been very spacious and well ventilated but today the heat in the room could have fried an egg,maybe even burn the egg.
I was sweating profusely and my legs were drained of blood, bones and muscles
Theo didn't flinch an eye of concern,he pressed the gun harder to my head and I could bet the metal had drawn a round hole like an Indian design on my forehead. Namaste,I was dying in Indian style. I stared at the gun on the table and gulped in a large amount of saliva I didn't even have in excess.
I picked it up in trembling hands and stared at the trigger for a long time,it was a gorgeous gun to be honest. I knew it must have cost a fortune, a fortune out of my Mother's money that father had hired robbers to come and steal. I turned the gun over to the victim kneeling on the floor with pleading eyes that shot lazers of guilt into my heart.
"Do it,honey. Do it" Theo recited the words and every single detail stuck in my brain like a memory verse in a children department but I was only fourteen years old years old. How could you expect me to shoot a human? This things only happened in foreign movies not in reality, not in my house not in my life.
I closed my eyes and tilted my head to the back. It was my life or hers and I couldn't bring myself to make a choice. Making a choice was part of the procedure required to become the demon Father had planted in my life but even now a part of me doubted Father knew about this, he wouldn't let Theo touch me neither would he want me to shoot a human. He was evil but he wasn't callous. He was the devil but wasn't the devil an angel once?
I squeezed my eyes tightly and as the tears rolled out the corner of my eyes,it landed on my lips.Theo was becoming impatient blurting out profernities and curses that i was too busy to rebuke, too busy making a tough decision in my mind,too busy making a choice.
I wet my dry lips with my tongue ,i had made my decision. I had to do what I could.
"I'm sorry, Auntie Afura"
The gun shot was loud

1 Like

Re: Rhoda by frozenfirenaija(f): 8:10am On Aug 18, 2016
Chicent:
Whosky lawyer...... But with a visible face of all involved, the man will take u all down if he survives. Well except maybe the conditions are beyond comprehension..... I need some More, More gal.

Good morning Frozenfirenaija
Good morning sir

1 Like

Re: Rhoda by frozenfirenaija(f): 8:11am On Aug 18, 2016
MissRelly:
gud morning frozenfire nd evrybody anytime i remember dis story goose bumbs cum over me,pls cum nd update o o,dis morning i pick up my phone 2 read d new one my elder shouted at me bcus he knows am not fond of touching my phone in d morning.thumbs up u are good,i hope u had a sweet dream
lol thanks soo much
Re: Rhoda by Chicent(m): 1:44pm On Aug 18, 2016
Lovely twist frozenfire dear....
Keep it HoT and CuMiN.....

But wait.....Autie Afura.... That name rings a bell...... U shot ur maid!!! Damn. What a Father u had......Gosh.

1 Like

Re: Rhoda by Countrygirl(f): 3:33pm On Aug 18, 2016
Frozenfire weldone.....this man does not like his children at all oo.

He is just killing them psychologically and emotionally.

1 Like

Re: Rhoda by Rukkydelta(f): 5:24pm On Aug 18, 2016
I don't think that man is the biological father of his children

1 Like

Re: Rhoda by frozenfirenaija(f): 6:18pm On Aug 18, 2016
Episode 48
If a pin had dropped,I would have heard. The silence after a loud shot was remarkable. I pulled back my hands and let the gun slip down to the polished tiled floor breaking the silence that supported the tension that hung above the room and made my throat go dry of life as a whole. I was now crying loudly not minding the consequence of my attention attracting tears and what Theo had in mind to do to torture me next.
I opened my eyes and Afura was lying on her back her legs coiled in a ugly mess. Her wrapper had loosened and i could see her big thighs and a bit of her underwear. My mouth dropped to my jaw as I watched and waited for her chest to rise and fall but she was as still as a plank, as pale as a cancer patient. My gaze shifted to my tormentor,he was looking at me with anger as he sucked in his lower lips and as he cocked the gun on my forehead again, the door flew open.
Father stopped short when he saw the scene in front of him. His grin faded in a matter of seconds, the news paper in his right hand dropped to the floor and his mouth flew open in a shocked expression. Theo pressed the gun harder into my head ,i swallowed a light yell and yearned for safety not only from the gun that burned on me but the tension,the drama ,the weirdness,the madness,the insanity and every other related words that defined the obscurity of the events in my life and my family.
"Ki lo de?" My father hardly spoke Yoruba,he probably couldn't find his words and that was the only thing that came to him. "Theo, wat's going on here?" Father looked at me with so much love than he ever did anytime he came to my room to have sex with me then the look faded from love to pity and anger. He clenched his fist and I looked to the ground.
"You want to know?" Theo raised my chin up with his free hand then pointed to Afura "This househelp lying helplessly here eavesdropped on our conversation this afternoon and told your wife about the money we are planning to steal. A little bird told me your dumb wife mentioned it as one of those stories Helps made up to gain fake trust. Your little darling girl here was to shoot her but she failed to do so. she has to pay the consequence"
Father heaved a sigh, walked forward ,squatted and turned Afura over.
"You mean she's not dead? " Theo withdrew the gun and pocketed it while I sat on the floor slowly.
"She is just in shock, your daughter pulled the trigger to the wall. How would we patch that up right now? What do we do to the Help because she already knows too much? We can't afford to lose all that money and you know it. " Greed. Theo's voice was full of Greed and his eyes ,resentment as he looked at me.
"What do we do to her?"
Father hugged me tight and even though I fought to be away from his touch,he pulled me closer whispering comforting words into her ears.
"We do the robbery tonight. Then I'll leave town. Get rid of the Help yourself,Theo. The money would be enough to start a life elsewhere. I'm done here" I stopped fighting and a shiver went down my spine,a shiver of fear,the fear of losing father. I might hate him so much but going away from home would never be easy to forget not that he did anything for anyone but Mother would kill her self. He was Mother's life,purpose, oxygen..he was everything.
I began to cry again and he even hugged me tighter. My tears blurred my sight but my ears heard his last words clearly.
"I'm sorry dear"

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rhoda by Nmaglit: 7:18pm On Aug 18, 2016
Wow am loving dis story

Nice work

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Rhoda by MissRelly: 10:19pm On Aug 18, 2016
gud evening everybody,frozenfire y d short update na wa o abeg finish up bcus my MB don finish o

1 Like

Re: Rhoda by frozenfirenaija(f): 11:18pm On Aug 18, 2016
Episode 49
The tick-tock of the wall clock was too loud against the silence that had bloomed bigger than a sunflower in early September. A sweat broke off my forehead and I watched it drop on the bridge of my nose. A small bead of sure-to-be salty liquid indicating my trepidation to what Theo would do if I didn't do what he asked and if Father didn't stop him.
"Sweetheart, you don't want to keep us waiting." Theo's voice shoved me out of the memory I had dug into,the past I had banished to the deep hole where only I knew,where I kept my phobias. I stirred and looked around, it took a while for my eyes to adjust to the brightness of the sitting room which was a result of the trance I had been forced into. Theo was by my left ,one hand in his pocket while the other held the cigarette to his mouth. He puffed out the thick smoke that engulfed the room and flashed me a sarcastic smile. Okay,his teeth wasn't bad, rich devils are always fresh and clean. The lawyer was leaning against the wall his hands were folded across his chest as he stared at me with an expressionless face as he adjusted his suit and returned to this original position. He didn't look bothered with the idea of me hitting the bond man,he had been paid and money had robbed him of his opinion.
I shifted my gaze to father and what I saw shook me, his eyes were shut to a thin line as his lower lip vibrated and he was breathing in fury. Theo pulled another cigarette out of the pack and lit it walking purposefully towards me and my heart skipped a bit.
He placed his two hands on my shoulder and I cringed. He bent over to my neck and whispered "you are older now and i'm not asking you to shoot him,just a few whips with the belt over there. Thats not too much to ask right?"
That was when he looked up at Father but it was too late. Father's anger had boiled to a 100° C and he stormed over to where we were and grabbed Theo's hand off me shoving him backwards causing him to lose his steps. Theo struggled to keep his stance but the push was unexpected, he crashed into the stool he had placed the belt on and the contact obviously sent a sharp lightning of pains into his vertebra column. He glared at Father who stood above him and I swear I could see the smoke of fury blow out of Father's both ears and his nose as he grabbed Theo by the collar and stared hard into his eyes. Theo retreated with a punch on Father's face that echoed in the room and sent father five steps backward
I covered my mouth in horror. Father held his nose and when he pulled back his hands were bloody. He looked at Theo with eyeballs that said 'You are so dead today'. He reached for his back and pulled out a gun, the lawyer who was about to come stand between them stopped abrubtly. The bond man was very quiet and went pale.
Theo tilted his head to the back and wiped his sweaty face with his palms as Father points the gun to him with trembling hands.
If I didn't know better I would have confirmed with the look of hate and anger on Father's face that he would pull the trigger but I knew Father. He loved Theo so much he wouldn't pull the trigger. He knew he would always need Theo,they handled things together, he was my father's role model. Father cocked the gun and held it tightly to Theo's forehead as Theo sucked in his lips and arched his brow in frustration making me wonder if I was right about him being unable to shoot
"Thats how you did it Theo do you remember? You drew a circle on her forehead. The next time you try to mess with her I'll make the circle deep enough for my fingers to drill in" Father's voice was the best at the moment, he sounded like Knight and I watched him return the gun to it's position with admiration. He surely was in love with me.
He took a handkerchief from his pocket and wiped his nose carefully. The lawyer was between them now calming Theo down. I walked over to Father and hugged him,he had saved me from going against my will,he had delivered me from the valley of the shadow of evil, he had been my hero. He held me tight for a long time and the tears flowed freely down my cheeks. From the corner of my eyes I saw the bond man's face but his look wasn't desperate. He looked defeated. Seeing the fight and the gun had straightened his thinking and he probably knew he was meat if he didn't succumb and join the plan the lawyer had strategized.
He bent over slamming his face on the floor still tied to the chair. The crash was messy and everyone jolted directing all attention to him guessing and wondering what he was up to. The lawyer took the whip from the floor ready to give the man a few lashes and straighten him back up but the man looked up at us and his face was a blue funk.
He vomited.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rhoda by frozenfirenaija(f): 11:11am On Aug 19, 2016
Episode 50
My knees burnt and begged for freedom as I pressed them on the bed supporting my weight with my wide spread palms that camouflaged with the new light brown bedsheets I had gotten for my new mattress. The room was very bright as the white bulb refracted on the bright fresh white paint on the wall,I had done my room a lot of renovation. New blue drapes for the shiny and sparkling well polished room windows that sent a blue hue to the figures in the room. The evening sunset shot a brilliant golden colour to my skin and it supported my glorious black melanin.
The soft Taylor Swift R 'n' B streamed out of the speakers of the big beat by Dre I had connected to my laptop. The notes was soft,the rhythm was heavenly and the melody rose my soul from within to a place I hadn't been before yet felt like I have lived in for a long time.
Father had his arms wrapped around my waist as he thrust in and out of me doggy style. I pressed my big butt against him wanting him to hit my Archille's heel. The spot that would weaken my drive and send jolts of orgasm through my full length. My breasts flew all over my face hurting and begging the movement to become as slow as was comfortable for 'the twins' but fast enough to reach my center of gravity. Gosh, it felt like ages since I had sex and maybe that was why it felt like the best sex in my entire life.
My mouth was ajar the whole time and I dint mind the spits that rolled on the bed once in every sharp thrust. It was my paradise,it was my warzone,it was my rapture. I looked back at father and his eyes were shut too. He was feeling what I felt. His body jerked for mercy and he let out a groan to announce his death in the pleasure we shared. I responded with a moan that only stirred something deep within me.
Father disengaged and turned me to my back and lay above me. His grin was back and different from the sacarstic look he had given the mother of the boy when the judge dismissed the case. The doctor had been bribed handsomely to present false test results on the alcohol content in my sister's system the day of the accident. The boy's father ,who had witnessed the accident testified that the boy had run to the road to fetch his ball without looking. Of course,it was the lie he was forced to say. The judge had looked at him as he testified against his own case and I knew his wife would never forgive him.
I had seen the anguish in her eyes and it had hurt my soul to see how much she hungered for justice and revenge against us but who was I to do anything about it? It was her family against mine. No matter how complicated my family was I wouldn't choose anyone over them. I loved them and they loved me. Father loved me and that was all that mattered now as he wrapped his hand against my breast kneating them like flour for chin chin. I threw my hands in the air cause this was the greatest care.
This was better than nutella, pizza wasn't even close to fifty percent of what I felt when his lips settled and sucked them like they had German juice. Everyone was happy now that the case was over. My sister had packed her bags and was on her way back to the island ,back to the life ,back to the paparazzi and spotlight but I didn't need a bunch of press and fans to complete my world.
I was already having limelight with the man that loved me.
Even if he was my father.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rhoda by CivilzedTyger(m): 12:41pm On Aug 19, 2016
Oh God! This is horrible

1 Like

Re: Rhoda by MissRelly: 12:43pm On Aug 19, 2016
gud afternoon everybody,i don't understand what is going on,i thought she wants 2 b free from her father's grip of rape,sexual molest and it's kind,how cum she's enjoying it now from d man she detect nd hate,pls more update am getting upset,i feel like beating Rhoda up dis instant,by d way frozenfire welldone u are good.

2 Likes

Re: Rhoda by hatchetman(m): 12:46pm On Aug 19, 2016
learning some tips sha...come continue joor...

1 Like

Re: Rhoda by Niwdog(m): 12:48pm On Aug 19, 2016
Hmm, this girl dumb sha.
Giving your supposed father doggy style.
TUFIAKWA!!! Amu nna gi kwa!!

1 Like

Re: Rhoda by Nmaglit: 12:52pm On Aug 19, 2016
Dear u r good I give it to u

1 Like

Re: Rhoda by hefelove(m): 1:10pm On Aug 19, 2016
Nmaglit:
Dear u r good I give it to u
wetin u dey give undecided

1 Like

Re: Rhoda by hefelove(m): 1:12pm On Aug 19, 2016
There was is power in the D cheesy

But Rhoda sef

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply)

Baba Olowo d Long Prick (a comedy Story For All My Niggars) / African Nerd / Out Of The Blue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.