Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,157 members, 7,821,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:08 PM

Orubebe Accused Of Diverting N1.9bn Compensation Money - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Orubebe Accused Of Diverting N1.9bn Compensation Money (14682 Views)

NNPC Diverting Fuel Through DAPMA To Cause Scarcity –IPMAN / On This Day: Two Years Ago, Orubebe. The Man Who Saw Tomorrow / See What Orubebe Tried To Stop - Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Orubebe Accused Of Diverting N1.9bn Compensation Money by midolian(m): 11:09pm On Aug 03, 2016
Orubebe in Fresh Troubles, Accused of Diverting N1.9bn Meant for Compensation of Residents

Godsday Peter Orubebe

Handling of East -West road lands ex-Minister in trouble

The Independent Corrupt Practices and other Related Offences Commission (ICPC) has filed new charges against former Minister of Niger Delta, Godsday Orubebe, before an Abuja High Court, alleging that he diverted close to N2 billion naira meant for the dualisation of Section IV of the East-West Road.

He is charged alongside Oludare Lawrence Alaba, Ephraim Towelde Zaki and Gitto Construction Limited on a five-count charge bordering on alleged corruption, diversion of funds and perjury.

He was accused of circumventing a Federal Executive Council, (FEC) approval for the dualisation of the Eket – Oron Road, part of the East-West Road which runs from Edo to Bayelsa states, by allegedly instructing the contractor, Gitto Construction, to rehabilitate it instead.

Orubebe and the co-accused ‎persons are also charged with conferring undue advantage on the construction firm when they caused the money meant for compensating residents whose properties were marked for demolition paid to Gitto.

Court papers stated that the sum of N2,320,686,826.00 approved for payment of compensation to owners of properties that were to be demolished to make way for the dualisation of the road was paid to the contractor instead of the beneficiaries.

Further details later...

http://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/08/03/orubebe-in-fresh-troubles-accused-of-diverting-n1-9bn-meant-for-compensation-of-residents/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Orubebe Accused Of Diverting N1.9bn Compensation Money by madridguy(m): 11:09pm On Aug 03, 2016
Ok
Re: Orubebe Accused Of Diverting N1.9bn Compensation Money by midolian(m): 11:17pm On Aug 03, 2016
Now I know better what that election drama's all about. That lunatic display wasn't done out of the love he had for his fellow hat-man. It was all for himself.

116 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Orubebe Accused Of Diverting N1.9bn Compensation Money by ba7man(m): 11:19pm On Aug 03, 2016
WE WILL NOT TAKE IT!!!!! angry angry angry

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Orubebe Accused Of Diverting N1.9bn Compensation Money by Izonpikin: 11:19pm On Aug 03, 2016
He will not take this.... grin grin grin

17 Likes

Re: Orubebe Accused Of Diverting N1.9bn Compensation Money by Nobody: 11:21pm On Aug 03, 2016
When he was fighting on the collation day,he should know this day is inevitable.... I was suprised general cassandra left him till now

32 Likes

Re: Orubebe Accused Of Diverting N1.9bn Compensation Money by Tolexander: 11:22pm On Aug 03, 2016
midolian:
Now I know better what that election drama's all about grin grin grin
Baba Orubebe was fighting for himself, we all thought he was fighting for Oga Jonah.

I was wondering what kind of love Orubebe had for Jonathan to have acted that way.

55 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Orubebe Accused Of Diverting N1.9bn Compensation Money by yanshDoctor: 11:26pm On Aug 03, 2016
enough of all this bullsh.it a cup of rice is now N100 no more buying of time or diverting the country problem away from the media people are Hungry and you are talking about court charges.

4 Likes

Re: Orubebe Accused Of Diverting N1.9bn Compensation Money by Nobody: 11:35pm On Aug 03, 2016
He knew he would have gotten away with the fraud had Jonathan won his reelection bid hence his senseless outburst at the coalition centre.

10 Likes

Re: Orubebe Accused Of Diverting N1.9bn Compensation Money by Dahkogrin007(m): 11:40pm On Aug 03, 2016
Mr Orubebe will not tak dix...... No No No

But wait o,d only tin dix govt is facing is corruption wyl d citizens kips committing suicide due to frustration frm d bad economy.............. Buhari we will not tak dix,giv same attention u givn to corruption to building our economy

2 Likes

Re: Orubebe Accused Of Diverting N1.9bn Compensation Money by Nobody: 11:47pm On Aug 03, 2016
This guy is suppose to be in jail by now. Former Minister of Niger Delta. Niger Deltans, una see una life, u see wetin your elders dey do to una?

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Orubebe Accused Of Diverting N1.9bn Compensation Money by Nobody: 11:48pm On Aug 03, 2016
kropotkin2:
He knew he would have gotten away with the fraud had Jonathan won his reelection bid hence his senseless outburst at the coalition centre.
.... You've said it all.

6 Likes

Re: Orubebe Accused Of Diverting N1.9bn Compensation Money by Nobody: 11:52pm On Aug 03, 2016
/Orubebe/: To rudely interrupt an important meeting throwing tantrums like a little kid which may attract scolding from a mature or wiser adult... grin grin grin grin

Source: www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=orubebe

12 Likes

Re: Orubebe Accused Of Diverting N1.9bn Compensation Money by Shukuakukobambi: 11:56pm On Aug 03, 2016
See how these shameless old men betray their kith and kin in the Niger Delta

He was accused of circumventing a Federal Executive Council, (FEC) approval for the dualisation of the Eket – Oron Road, part of the East-West Road which runs from Edo to Bayelsa states, by allegedly instructing the contractor, Gitto Construction, to rehabilitate it instead.

Later some online slaves of the oil vandals will start pointing leprous hands at the SW angry

43 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Orubebe Accused Of Diverting N1.9bn Compensation Money by SalomonKane: 3:21am On Aug 04, 2016
midolian:
Now I know better what that election drama's all about. That lunatic display wasn't done out of the love he had for his fellow hat-man. It was all for himself.
The love of money is the beginning of Orubebe's undoing.

The dude is a classic douchebag.

6 Likes

Re: Orubebe Accused Of Diverting N1.9bn Compensation Money by YorubaFynest: 3:39am On Aug 04, 2016
He don black o. Stress and fear na the cause.

1 Like

Re: Orubebe Accused Of Diverting N1.9bn Compensation Money by Pavore9: 3:51am On Aug 04, 2016
yanshDoctor:
enough of all this bullsh.it a cup of rice is now N100 no more buying of time or diverting the country problem away from the media people are Hungry and you are talking about court charges.

If you were part of the residents whose properties were marked for demolition and wasn't paid compensation, will you say the same thing? What is wrong in those residents getting justice by getting those who diverted their dues to make recompense?

32 Likes

Re: Orubebe Accused Of Diverting N1.9bn Compensation Money by azzima(m): 4:06am On Aug 04, 2016
yanshDoctor:
This is the reason why I don't feel any symphathy for some hungry Nigerians.Did it occur to you that the money stolen was part of OUR money??why wouldn't you be hungry now when everyday billions were discovered stolen under the watch of the Buffoon

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Orubebe Accused Of Diverting N1.9bn Compensation Money by BJAYADEMOLA(m): 5:31am On Aug 04, 2016
Orubebe again. I will not take it.

1 Like

Re: Orubebe Accused Of Diverting N1.9bn Compensation Money by Nobody: 5:36am On Aug 04, 2016
Anyone who saw Orubebe fulminate like a child on the TV last year would know Orubebe knew what was at stake, he knew what the election loss portends.

4 Likes

Re: Orubebe Accused Of Diverting N1.9bn Compensation Money by aieromon(m): 7:41am On Aug 04, 2016
That's the story of the East-West Road,a project where billions of naira have been pumped in without any visible outcome.

Shame!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Orubebe Accused Of Diverting N1.9bn Compensation Money by Progressive01(m): 8:06am On Aug 04, 2016
ba7man:
WE WILL NOT TAKE IT!!!!!
This is all that's comes to my mind whenever I see his face or name anywhere.

What a legacy.

8 Likes

Re: Orubebe Accused Of Diverting N1.9bn Compensation Money by ba7man(m): 8:08am On Aug 04, 2016
Progressive01:
This is all that's comes to my mind whenever I see his face or name anywhere.

What a legacy.
grin grin grin...... I just wished I had that pix of him holding the Mic, wide eyed and screaming it to go with the post.

4 Likes

Re: Orubebe Accused Of Diverting N1.9bn Compensation Money by Mopolchi: 8:12am On Aug 04, 2016
Just bring back our yams.

3 Likes

Re: Orubebe Accused Of Diverting N1.9bn Compensation Money by Frank3n2(m): 8:12am On Aug 04, 2016
Bebe again Corruption must go!!

3 Likes

Re: Orubebe Accused Of Diverting N1.9bn Compensation Money by MadCow1: 8:12am On Aug 04, 2016
Orubebe.. Chai, Kontinu.

2 Likes

Re: Orubebe Accused Of Diverting N1.9bn Compensation Money by ucee64(m): 8:13am On Aug 04, 2016
That awkward moment when you're reading this comment to find an awkward moment but there isn't any, and still you're reading this comment and you're starting to realise it says nothing important and you just wasted a couple of seconds of your life but you're still reading and you don't even know why. That's awkward... You should give me a like for wasting your time.

5 Likes

Re: Orubebe Accused Of Diverting N1.9bn Compensation Money by justicejay(m): 8:13am On Aug 04, 2016
Orubebe grin grin grin
So orubebe still dey dis country.
Anyway them don start you series film too.

3 Likes

Re: Orubebe Accused Of Diverting N1.9bn Compensation Money by AKMoney1(m): 8:14am On Aug 04, 2016
Another billion? angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Orubebe Accused Of Diverting N1.9bn Compensation Money by Pavore9: 8:14am On Aug 04, 2016
aieromon:
That's the story of the East-West Road,a project where billions of naira have been pumped in without any visible outcome.

Shame!

Real shame. Collaborating with a foreign company to swindle your own people!

8 Likes

Re: Orubebe Accused Of Diverting N1.9bn Compensation Money by dM10(m): 8:15am On Aug 04, 2016
EFCC don see food

2 Likes

Re: Orubebe Accused Of Diverting N1.9bn Compensation Money by Kaybee14(m): 8:16am On Aug 04, 2016
Here we go again.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Obaseki's Certificate Forgery: Supreme Court Dismisses APC Suit / David Hundeyin: I Never Hinted At Or Referred To Rinu / Bayelsa Flood: Udom Donates N100 Million, Says Situation Pathetic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.