Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,642 members, 7,861,978 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 03:29 AM

Fashola Interview On Bbc Hardtalk Today - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Interview On Bbc Hardtalk Today (1199 Views)

Obasanjo On BBC Hardtalk / Nigeria's Army Chief Brutal Buratai Brutalised On BBC Hardtalk / Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola Interview On Bbc Hardtalk Today by yommyuk: 11:42pm On Aug 03, 2016
Re: Fashola Interview On Bbc Hardtalk Today by Ajibel(m): 11:51pm On Aug 03, 2016
Order has returned to the north-east says Nigerian minister Fashola

The UN and Medecins Sans Frontieres have warned that millions of Nigerians displaced by the Islamist militant group Boko Haram are facing starvation due to the insecurity in the north-east of the country.

Babatunde Fashola, a senior Nigerian minister insists that order is returning to the region.

Mr Fashola said he guaranteed that people will not starve and that a team of people were focusing on getting life back to normal.

"In the last three to four months, the president himself ordered the release of food support from our strategic reserves of agriculture, so we are mindful of the problem," he added.

Boko Haram’s seven-year insurgency has left 20,000 people dead.
Re: Fashola Interview On Bbc Hardtalk Today by LoveMachine(m): 12:29am On Aug 04, 2016
Here's the full vid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFRTJ3YLv7A

Fashola did well. The interviewer lacks manners. Every time Fashola was about to prove a point he interjected. Fashola kept his cool but you could see he was upset by his perspiration midway through the discussion. I'm not sure why "journalists" feel the need to berate their counterparts. I'm proud of Fashola for not giving him what he wanted by staying composed and sticking to the indisputable facts. He's my guy any day. BRF and W.I.W. Obiano are my dream team ticket. I know it could never occur but one can dream.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Interview On Bbc Hardtalk Today by heavenmade(m): 12:47am On Aug 04, 2016
Kk
Re: Fashola Interview On Bbc Hardtalk Today by ATERI(m): 1:16am On Aug 04, 2016
Average journalist from dying London dominated Fashola from beginning to the end! Poor performance!
Re: Fashola Interview On Bbc Hardtalk Today by yommyuk: 10:45pm On Aug 05, 2016
ATERI:

Average journalist from dying London dominated Fashola from beginning to the end! Poor performance!

I disagree. Get your facts right b4 posting on my thread smiley

That was Stephen Sackur, Hardtalk's presenter, has been a journalist with BBC News since 1986.
He has interviewed Presidents George W Bush and Bill Clinton, covered the 2000 US Presidential Elections, the Clinton scandal and impeachment trial. He has interviewed prominent international personalities including President Hugo Chávez of Venezuela, President Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva of Brazil, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina of Bangladesh, President Felipe Calderón of Mexico, President Shimon Peres of Israel, US vice-president Al Gore, former US Secretary of Defence Robert Gates and a host of other leaders and politicians from around the world including OBJ.

Sackur was named 'International TV Personality of the Year' by the Association for International Broadcasting (AIB) in November 2010.

The Jounalist looked surprised and bewildered. Most African personalities (during interviews) talk out of context. Fashola schooled the man. Kudos to him

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola Interview On Bbc Hardtalk Today by ATERI(m): 1:22am On Aug 06, 2016
yommyuk:

I disagree. Get your facts right b4 posting on my thread smiley

That was Stephen Sackur, Hardtalk's presenter, has been a journalist with BBC News since 1986.
He has interviewed Presidents George W Bush and Bill Clinton, covered the 2000 US Presidential Elections, the Clinton scandal and impeachment trial. He has interviewed prominent international personalities including President Hugo Chávez of Venezuela, President Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva of Brazil, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina of Bangladesh, President Felipe Calderón of Mexico, President Shimon Peres of Israel, US vice-president Al Gore, former US Secretary of Defence Robert Gates and a host of other leaders and politicians from around the world including OBJ.

Sackur was named 'International TV Personality of the Year' by the Association for International Broadcasting (AIB) in November 2010.

The Jounalist looked surprised and bewildered. Most African personalities (during interviews) talk out of context. Fashola schooled the man.
Kudos to him

You don`t really deserve a response from me, but just to let you know that I don`t google before posting. Faisal Islam is the new sensation in London right now, far better than your Stephen Sackur. In case you started to watch Hardtalk yesterday, Tim Sebastian was the doyen of Hardtalk, a true grandee of forensic probing! Oh, please google Jeremy Paxman to help yourself in the field of comparison.
By the way, next time you start a thread, you can always say at the beginning who and who you want to contribute. So I owe you no apology for my opinion. Good luck!

1 Like

Re: Fashola Interview On Bbc Hardtalk Today by Nobody: 1:25am On Aug 06, 2016
sad sad
Re: Fashola Interview On Bbc Hardtalk Today by viktagorion: 4:43am On Aug 06, 2016
Fashola held his own. He was calm, coherent confident and gave intelligent answers.

Proud of him.

God bless Nigeria.
Re: Fashola Interview On Bbc Hardtalk Today by yommyuk: 12:49pm On Aug 06, 2016
ATERI:

You don`t really deserve a response from me, but just to let you know that I don`t google before posting. Faisal Islam is the new sensation in London right now, far better than your Stephen Sackur. In case you started to watch Hardtalk yesterday, Tim Sebastian was the doyen of Hardtalk, a true grandee of forensic probing! Oh, please google Jeremy Paxman to help yourself in the field of comparison.
By the way, next time you start a thread, you can always say at the beginning who and who you want to contribute. So I owe you no apology for my opinion. Good luck!

Typical Nigerian mentality and response. Arrogant to say the least.

My initial response was to your first post "Average journalist from dying London dominated Fashola from beginning to the end! Poor performance!"

How can you call a seasoned and well respected journalist "Average"?
Comparing Stephen with other journalist is totally out of context for this thread.
Classic Nigerian Egoist!

How can you call London "dying"? A city of 7 million people that is worth 7 times more than Nigeria as a whole.
Pleaseeeee

(1) (Reply)

Wild Camel On Rampage In Dutse City Pics / Unity Of Nigerian Christians. Possible Or Impossible? / Igbos Have Every Reason Not To Pay Tax And Duties To This Bigot Of A Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.