Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,598 members, 7,809,168 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:42 AM

20 States US Warned Citizens Against Traveling To In Nigeria - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 20 States US Warned Citizens Against Traveling To In Nigeria (65002 Views)

Nigerians Who Absconded After Traveling To Russia For World Cup, Cry Out. Photos / 9 Types Of People You Will Meet In A Bus When Traveling / Canadian Government Rejects Kaduna Airport, Warns Citizens Against Using It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 20 States US Warned Citizens Against Traveling To In Nigeria by Upright750: 10:58pm On Aug 04, 2016
Ok oo.Only IMO state in South East. But what is Nigerian government waiting before they could warn her citizen against some US state because of GUN SHOOTING .. what about DANGER IN FRANCE . political warning .. any way dollars is getting closer to mountain Kilimanjaro top .. guys will even protest if Nigerian government try such move because every one need dollar like Nigerian men need male child. Lol Our first lady already lead the move . Lol. .. let's join the move ..since our first lady is there to give us job .
Re: 20 States US Warned Citizens Against Traveling To In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:59pm On Aug 04, 2016
I am not surprised Delta State is among. Today in broad daylight well Armed robbers chased my friend and I, trying to snatch his Lexus RX350 from us. Thanks to God and luckily he is one smart dude who is always vigilant unlike me and he quickly noticed the tiny light Camry tailing us as we left Diamond bank Airport road (I don dey suspect that particular bank now), no be small Fast and furious chasing when he fire the motor and they chase after us but Lexus RX350 na car to buy sha. No security in this country at all. Baba God save us all
Re: 20 States US Warned Citizens Against Traveling To In Nigeria by Agborich: 11:00pm On Aug 04, 2016
[quote author=Bifwoli post=48192147]The US should also warn its citizens about poor hygeine in Lagos,Ibadan ,Enugu and others because of very poor food handling practices and poor water quality.[/quot
Enugu is the most peaceful state in Nigeria now
Re: 20 States US Warned Citizens Against Traveling To In Nigeria by able20(m): 11:03pm On Aug 04, 2016
Have they also warned against visiting France, Mexico ,isreal,Saudi and some Hot States in America
Re: 20 States US Warned Citizens Against Traveling To In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:04pm On Aug 04, 2016
Enugu is still the best
Re: 20 States US Warned Citizens Against Traveling To In Nigeria by ryanmartini: 11:15pm On Aug 04, 2016
south west no dey there . yeepa
Re: 20 States US Warned Citizens Against Traveling To In Nigeria by Clinton594(m): 11:18pm On Aug 04, 2016
Funjosh:
Thank God Ogun State is not their cheesy

Gbagam
Re: 20 States US Warned Citizens Against Traveling To In Nigeria by Peperonnie: 11:21pm On Aug 04, 2016
[s][/s]m new here shar sad
Re: 20 States US Warned Citizens Against Traveling To In Nigeria by Stanbeto: 11:22pm On Aug 04, 2016
Which way Nigeria
Re: 20 States US Warned Citizens Against Traveling To In Nigeria by IamJeff(m): 11:24pm On Aug 04, 2016
lol...how come abuja is safe
Re: 20 States US Warned Citizens Against Traveling To In Nigeria by Boring: 11:24pm On Aug 04, 2016
yinkslinks:
Dem epp me cus my clients dey collect their visa like mad. pls dont hate them. i love americans
Egbon if is visa u need come and take it..me wey don shiit on my green card since..

1 Like

Re: 20 States US Warned Citizens Against Traveling To In Nigeria by IamJeff(m): 11:31pm On Aug 04, 2016
Boring:

Egbon if is visa u need come and take it..me wey don shiit on my green card since..

LMAO
Re: 20 States US Warned Citizens Against Traveling To In Nigeria by abbey621(m): 11:33pm On Aug 04, 2016
RichYoungNigga:
We don't take the American government serious.
The most ignorant people on earth are Americans.

You can go to Iraq or Afghanistan, stay for 50 years and still be alive.
You can't live for 4 days in Chicago.
Chicago is not even a state, Chicago is just a city in Illinois but every year 500 people alone are murdered, you can't go to someone else's street in the USA, you will be killed.
The murder rate of Chicago, Los Angeles and Washington put together is higher than every country in this world yet the U.S government will not talk about it, they keep calling other countries "security threats"

I get your point but your statistics are skewed. The cities you mentioned are densely populated so they should only be compared to densely populated areas in Nigeria, compare Chicago and Lagos State and you would realize more than 500 people are killed each year in Lagos. Compare LA and Wahington D.C to Borno or Benue and you would get the same result. We shouldn't blame the American government for valuing the lives of their citizens, it's not too much if the Nigerian government did the same for Nigerians around the world.

2 Likes

Re: 20 States US Warned Citizens Against Traveling To In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:33pm On Aug 04, 2016
[quote author=luwathobi post=48196045][/quote]smh are those states us states? Abeg shove your nonsense in your butt hole
Re: 20 States US Warned Citizens Against Traveling To In Nigeria by TheShopKeeper(m): 11:34pm On Aug 04, 2016
Why can't the US put up travel ban for the state of Florida with the zika virus tormenting them.
Re: 20 States US Warned Citizens Against Traveling To In Nigeria by wadetaw202: 11:34pm On Aug 04, 2016
Bifwoli:
The US should also warn its citizens about poor hygeine in Lagos,Ibadan ,Enugu and others because of very poor food handling practices and poor water quality.

You are wasting your time here. Go to the us embassy and open your pit latrine of a mouth there.

You feel bad because all parts of the southwest are considered safe abi?

This envy will rot your heart and kill you before your time.

2 Likes

Re: 20 States US Warned Citizens Against Traveling To In Nigeria by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 11:36pm On Aug 04, 2016
RichYoungNigga:

Chicago is not even a state, Chicago is just a city in Illinois but every year 500 people alone are murdered, you can't go to someone else's street in the USA, you will be killed.
The murder rate of Chicago, Los Angeles and Washington put together is higher than every country in this world yet the U.S government will not talk about it, they keep calling other countries "security threats"
Nice analysis. USA is the enemy of the world. Hypocrite that is what they are.
Re: 20 States US Warned Citizens Against Traveling To In Nigeria by adedayoa2(f): 11:37pm On Aug 04, 2016
Bifwoli:
The US should also warn its citizens about poor hygeine in Lagos,Ibadan ,Enugu and others because of very poor food handling practices and poor water quality.
wetin you dey tuk?

1 Like

Re: 20 States US Warned Citizens Against Traveling To In Nigeria by FreshBoiy(m): 11:38pm On Aug 04, 2016
Hi Amusaopeyemi smiley
Re: 20 States US Warned Citizens Against Traveling To In Nigeria by wadetaw202: 11:39pm On Aug 04, 2016
FvckeDyoBiTch:
I find it interesting there's no south west state there...Terrorism in the North, Jobless youths extorting the government in the east.

It's only a matter of time before the south west crumbles...TRUE FEDERALISM is the solution.

Why will it crumble? Because there is no terrorism or jobless youth?

On what basis is your assumption built?

1 Like

Re: 20 States US Warned Citizens Against Traveling To In Nigeria by Boring: 11:40pm On Aug 04, 2016
IamJeff:

LMAO
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 20 States US Warned Citizens Against Traveling To In Nigeria by Onogiede(m): 11:56pm On Aug 04, 2016
AbuSaad39:
America people though. Mind you mean, you can even sleep over night outside in Niger state nothing will harm you, Niger state is the most safest state in Nigeria.
infortunately is full of heldsmen and illitrate people practising sharia,harams, killing non-muslims..then how can u call that safe state

1 Like

Re: 20 States US Warned Citizens Against Traveling To In Nigeria by Jacko1(m): 12:00am On Aug 05, 2016
Either say CIA is active in nigeria

Or CIA is active in nigeria and have snitches

In betweeb wat il give to bw a CIA snitch/asset

I go so open buhari regime nyash ehn

I hate buhari lik small pikin hate agbo jedi
Re: 20 States US Warned Citizens Against Traveling To In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:02am On Aug 05, 2016
FreshBoiy:
Hi Amusaopeyemi smiley
Hi sweetie.
Re: 20 States US Warned Citizens Against Traveling To In Nigeria by Kayjoepops: 12:03am On Aug 05, 2016
RichYoungNigga:

No mind dem!

Mainwhile...

We need creative minds to lead on in dis forum ryt?

Den we must 2geda vote in

PhotoShoot as Mr NL!

Wit ur vote we cn make it!
Re: 20 States US Warned Citizens Against Traveling To In Nigeria by kinsola108(m): 12:03am On Aug 05, 2016
True talk USA der should b security alert in Nigeria not only the mentioned state cause dis country is becoming insecure 4 its citizens.
Re: 20 States US Warned Citizens Against Traveling To In Nigeria by SmartMugu: 12:05am On Aug 05, 2016
RichYoungNigga:

Correct person, chup knockle.
Unfortunately the westerners are historically known for this. They brainwash their citizens to believe the rest of the world is a terrorist nation. Many of their citizens don't even know what a passport is, not to talk of a visa. Theyre so brainwashed that their lives should revolve around work and work within the country so they can pay the taxes the government is waiting for.

As close as Canada and Mexico are to the US, many Americans are still scared of going there because they think they'll be kidnapped cos of the brainwashing they've been through. They end up getting confined to the only things their country has to offer them, which in most times benefits their government more than them.

1 Like

Re: 20 States US Warned Citizens Against Traveling To In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:07am On Aug 05, 2016
Funjosh:
Thank God Ogun State is not their cheesy
Bro in d hood,,,,,, grin

1 Like

Re: 20 States US Warned Citizens Against Traveling To In Nigeria by raph101(m): 12:10am On Aug 05, 2016
sanyahkod:
The United States has cautioned its citizens to avoid all travel to 20 states for security reasons, stating that the security there remains fluid and unpredictable.

The Department of State, specifically warned Americans against travel to Adamawa, Borno, and Yobe states, noting that it’s ability to provide assistance to US citizens in the three states remains severely limited.

The Department of State in a travel warning on its website on Wednesday, strongly urged US citizens in Nigeria to consider their own personal security and to keep personal safety in the forefront of their travel planning.

The Department recommended against all but essential travel to 17 other states due to the risk of kidnappings, robberies, and other armed attacks.

The states are, Bauchi, Bayelsa, Delta, Edo, Gombe, Imo, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Kebbi, Kogi, Niger, Plateau, Rivers, Sokoto, and Zamfara.

“Based on safety and security risk assessments, the Embassy maintains restrictions for travel by US officials to the states listed above; officials must receive advance clearance by the US Mission for any travel to those states,” it stated.

The Force Public Relations Officer, Donald Awunah, could not be reached on Thursday for reaction to the security alert. He had yet to respond to an SMS as of the time of filing this report.

The Department further advised all US  citizens to be particularly vigilant around government security facilities; churches, mosques, and other places of worship; locations where large crowds may gather, such as hotels, clubs, bars, restaurants, markets, shopping malls; and other areas frequented by expatriates and foreign travelers.

It explained that security measures in the country is heightened due to threats posed by extremist groups, and “U.S. citizens may encounter police and military checkpoints, additional security, and possible road blocks throughout the country.”

The mission pointed out that the Boko Haram group, designated as a Foreign Terrorist Organization by the Department of State, had claimed responsibility for many attacks in the country.

It also informed Americans that local government curfews are intermittently in effect in several states in the North.

Source: http://punchng.com/kidnapping-us-warns-citizens-travel-20-states/

Who cares?
Re: 20 States US Warned Citizens Against Traveling To In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:10am On Aug 05, 2016
RichYoungNigga:

I agree with you bro! I usually call Chicago "Shitcago" It is the sewage system of the US and Detroit is the toilet bowl of the US! A solution to the murder rate in Shitcago is just to build a wall around the city, prevent inflow and outflow,and wait for 2 months. Then pack the dead bodies and burn angry I was at the National Lab in Shitcago 2 months ago but couldn't go downtown cos I was scared even though I'm black!
Re: 20 States US Warned Citizens Against Traveling To In Nigeria by FreshBoiy(m): 12:11am On Aug 05, 2016
Amusaopeyemi:

Hi sweetie.

I am doing good and you? nice profile pix wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Get Jobs In Canada / My First Visit To The Eko Atlantic City (pictures And Video) / The World Class Oshodi Transport Interchange (Breathtaking Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.