Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,416 members, 7,822,938 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:51 PM

CBN-Hajj Brouhaha: Tale Of A Country And Her Religious Bigots. - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CBN-Hajj Brouhaha: Tale Of A Country And Her Religious Bigots. (20799 Views)

Attend To Hunger In The Country And Leave Me Alone - Fayose To Buhari / Rejoinder;tale Of A Country And Her Religious Bigots / To The Religious Bigots: Read What Prof. Sola Adeyeye Has To Say. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Re: CBN-Hajj Brouhaha: Tale Of A Country And Her Religious Bigots. by monex(m): 12:33pm On Aug 06, 2016
Progressive01:
Lalasticlala, Seun, Mynd44, I plead that this be taken to the fp for the purpose of fairness.

Thanks.

Cc: Modath, Beremx, Egift, Midolian, Seunmsg...

well the issue is not about religion cos the government will do same for Christians and we should frown at it irrespective of religion.

However the subsidization for christians was done at a time when official rate was 187 - so we are looking at at 27 naira subsidy. The current subsidy is about 120 if we use the current official rate (Form A4 rates). The subsidy provides a big opportunity for rent seekers and bureau de change operators as you can be sure there will be peeps who will get the subsidy but will not even travel.

Also the timing: the recession now seems worse. The naira has fallen so badly (my salary is terms of value is halved). How can you ignore school fees and medical bills even coming on air to say Parents should forget about sending their kids to school abroad and the you subsidise a religious pilgrimage.

ignore the PDP apologists. It is politics and people will always un-duely castigate their opponents especially when they are yet to get over a defeat.

2 Likes

Re: CBN-Hajj Brouhaha: Tale Of A Country And Her Religious Bigots. by AntiIPOOP(m): 10:48pm On Aug 06, 2016
BUHARIISCURSED:

omenka, you should address that message above to yourself. One of the most controversial and religious bigot ever existing on Nairaland today is thee, I have great muslim friends and i respect them well. My best female friend is a muslim and she is so proud and happy to be my friend cause we flow wella, I see loads of anti-muslim quotes on facebook and i ignore them all because i dont want to hurt my muslim friends. The other day, my brother wrote on his facebook wall on his visit to illy city that 3 mosques were shouting that morning and they were disturbing him, i had to quickly call him to put down that post and warned him that he has loads of muslim friends and that is a total disrespect to his friends. I read your comments on any fulani thread and i watch you 'dancing' over the thread, instead of condemning the act, you go about condemning those killed. You really need to change, when you start seeing wrongs with the killings of innocent people by the fulani terrorists, then we can start from there. ****.

As for the UAE shiit you wrote up there, tell them to help the syrians/yemenis and many arab nations at war, instead of showing gold here and there. Mecca/medina should be a place of refuge since its a holy land .

*SHALOM CUM SALAAM cool

Your best friend is a Muslim? Dude tell me you are being sarcastic. I wonder how the relationship between you and your best friend will be after he discovered how you view his religion. Common sense is not common after all.
Re: CBN-Hajj Brouhaha: Tale Of A Country And Her Religious Bigots. by OBAnkemi: 10:57am On Aug 07, 2016
Guy, you are so on point. But my grouse with this govt isn't about bigotry. Responsible governments have no business subsiding anything 'religion' in a secular (so called?) country, and more especially in a country where religious organizations do not pay tax!
Businesses are groaning under the excruciating weight of our dead economy (it's been 15 months since Buhari took over,.......lets stop blaming GEJ and his band of treasury-looting rogues, today the blame is squarely Buhari's!!!). Legitimate business can't access forex, and yet govt is subsidizing pilgrimage with scarce forex!!!
Recently I needed to send cash to my 5yr in the US for a birthday bicycle. Normally, I would transfer to his mum's Zenith Bank account, and with her atm card she withdraws in the US. so I did that, only for her to be told at the bank that all Naira atm cards from Nigeria have been deactivated (a Buhari policy). Now I had to find an alternative.
So I changed N70k to $200 (@ at N350 to a dollar, ard 7th July), paid it into my GTBnk dom account, from where it was wired to America, at a transaction charge of N14,000. Is this really the 'Change' that was promised us? Is this the 'Change' we vigorously campaigned and voted for??
Economy policy-wise, Buhari's govt is absolutely lost. God save Nigerians.........

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Rotimi Amaechi: We Promised Change, Now There’s Huge Change In Nigeria / Cultists Disrupt Soludo’s Meeting, Attack Anambra Rights Activist / Customs Exposes Subsidy Fraud!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.