Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,681 members, 7,809,582 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:37 AM

CBN-Hajj Brouhaha: Tale Of A Country And Her Religious Bigots. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CBN-Hajj Brouhaha: Tale Of A Country And Her Religious Bigots. (20734 Views)

Attend To Hunger In The Country And Leave Me Alone - Fayose To Buhari / Rejoinder;tale Of A Country And Her Religious Bigots / To The Religious Bigots: Read What Prof. Sola Adeyeye Has To Say. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN-Hajj Brouhaha: Tale Of A Country And Her Religious Bigots. by Optionalx: 12:13am On Aug 06, 2016
Progressive01:
I'd skip the pleasantries and get right to the point of this.

Nigeria is indeed a country of boundless absurdities, most of which were "invented" and found their way to the fore just after the exit of PDP which "ruled" the country for sixteen years uninterrupted.

The oddity in the attitude of the average political commentator we see today, especially from those who pitched their tent with PDP in the last election, stem more from the fact they are predominantly Christians and can't seem to stomach the thought of being led by a Muslim.

Their party leadership spared no expense in sowing the seed of religious intolerance in the hearts of Nigerians, through their dogged sponsorship of inflammable propaganda, the fruits of which we are reaping today in no small measure.

Yesterday, it was reported the Central Bank will be subsidising the dollar for intending Hajj pilgrims, and as expected, mixed, mostly negative, reactions have trailed the announcement and as expected, those people who've sworn to ensure the president is seen by all as a religious bigot have seized the opportunity to spread their propaganda throughout print and electronic media.

Time and again, we have seen that no sooner do they launch the attacks than history comes to the rescue of Mr President.

One could fault the President on a whole lot of fronts, why not. He's a mare mortal and as such must have his own imperfections. But one thing you certainly can't call the president is "religious bigot".

Here are but a few events in the past that shed light on exactly who the religious bigot is between mr President and his accusers:

1. FG Earmarks $11million for Christian pilgrims.

This was done less than a year ago. An interesting part is that the maximum amount entitled to each pilgrim is the same as what we have today- $1000 and at a lower rate of N160/dollar since the naira had more value then as opposed of N197/dollar today!!

The economy wasn't really faring any better then.

Pray tell, where were the voices of these later day activists/economists when this happened??!!

2. Buhari Cancels Govt Delegation to Hajj

Again, to show his "extreme love for Muslims and his disdain for Christians", mr President shelved plans to send a FG delegation to Hajj 2015. We didn't see "Christians" take over cyberspace to "condemn" this extreme demonstration of bigotry by the president.

Today, he's done for Muslims what he did for Christians and social media has literally been set on fire!!

3. FG Approves 65% Tax Waiver For Christian Pilgrims.

This was done earlier this year under this grim economic atmosphere, yet we never heard as much as a whistle from nobody!!

These and many more instances where the FG under President M. Buhari intervened to make things a lot easier for Christian pilgrims never became major talking points- but as soon as anything is done by the president that seem to favour Muslims, who are no less citizens of this country than Christians, it becomes a huge problem- no thanks to religious bigots who think themselves Christians!

I have been going to church since I was 3 and been listening to pastors, reverend, bishops, etc, preach the word- never a day have I heard any of them extol hate or bigotry as a virtue! Nowhere in the Bible have I read such (not that I always read the bible anyway).

Where then did these Nigerian "christians" propagating this brand of "christianity" where Muslims MUST be hated get their doctrine- PDP constitution??

Myself and many other well meaning Nigerians have been advocating that government completely hands of sponsorship of pilgrimage. Man's relationship with God is their private business and must be treated as such. If one chooses to visit Mecca or Jerusalem or the Bohemian Groove or Okija Shrine to commune with their God, let them sort their expenses out themselves!! If they can't bear the cost, they should sit asses at home and pray- God is omnipresent and can hear them from wherever whenever.

PDP "apologised" for their toxic brand of politics the other day- it would do Nigeria a whole lot of good if the party called her members and supporters to order as that "apology" appears not to have registered on their minds. Heating up the polity with religion does no one no good, certainly not a party that seeks to return to the center in 3years time.

Had the constituent units of the current governing party conducted themselves in this manner when they were the major opposition parties, imagine what the country would have looked like today.

When you set the entire country ablaze, when then would be left to rule over afterwards, her ashes??

Let a word be enough for the wise.

Thank you.
There is clearly no sense in your argument.
1. Nigeria is not divide into apc and PDP or christian and muslim. Is only mumu and ignoramus see nigeria from ya perspective.
2. Even the links you provided in your jobless wack research shows most comments bashed the government too.
3. Reasonable Nigerians have been calling on govt to hands off this pilgrimage bullsh!t for long. Even when things were better, talkless of now.
Govt sometime change their policies on issue due to criticism by the citizen. El rufia concealed state sponsored pilgrimage ditto to Obiano in Anambra. So park ya sentiments one side.
B/w nairaland 'likes' cannot be converted to dollars undecided

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CBN-Hajj Brouhaha: Tale Of A Country And Her Religious Bigots. by DedeNkem: 1:06am On Aug 06, 2016
Progressive01:

You're the biggest bigot! For the fact that you've problem with christian pilgrims, exhibits your ignorance.
Government-sponsored religious pilgrimage was created by Northern thieves! Pilgrimage is not mandatory for all muslims!

Remove religion from government!!!!
Re: CBN-Hajj Brouhaha: Tale Of A Country And Her Religious Bigots. by Nobody: 1:14am On Aug 06, 2016
Progressive01:
If you ask me I'd rather the government indefinitely suspends sponsorship of these religious expeditions. Pilgrimage doesn't make any country better, neither does it make one a better Christian or Muslim.

This should be your argument.
We should not subsidise religious obligations for anybody full stop.
They claim to have come to stop wastage and as far as I'm concerned, this is a mega waste.

1 Like

Re: CBN-Hajj Brouhaha: Tale Of A Country And Her Religious Bigots. by bolseas(f): 1:36am On Aug 06, 2016
obailala:
If you think he wrote nonsense, then you obviously did not read the write-up till the end, very typical!

it is really heart breaking to read the comments of some people. I wonder if they passed comprehension in school.

most of them comment for comment sake. majority of them misunderstood what the Op.was talking about.

May God help us in this country.
Re: CBN-Hajj Brouhaha: Tale Of A Country And Her Religious Bigots. by bolseas(f): 1:41am On Aug 06, 2016
mykl01:

They claim to have come to stop wastage and as far as I'm concerned, this is a mega waste.

hellooooo, the write up is not about the economic implication of the subsidy of the exchange rate or government support for pilgrimages. it is about the reactions of people on this issue using religion.

Abi how person wan talk this thing sef?
Re: CBN-Hajj Brouhaha: Tale Of A Country And Her Religious Bigots. by bolseas(f): 1:42am On Aug 06, 2016
DedeNkem:

You're the biggest bigot! For the fact that you've problem with christian pilgrims, exhibits your ignorance.
Government-sponsored religious pilgrimage was created by Northern thieves! Pilgrimage is not mandatory for all muslims!

Remove religion from government!!!!

Lol.... pot calling kettle black. Unfortunately, He is not a kettle.. ehhhhhh!
Re: CBN-Hajj Brouhaha: Tale Of A Country And Her Religious Bigots. by DedeNkem: 2:00am On Aug 06, 2016
bolseas:

Lol.... pot calling kettle black. Unfortunately, He is not a kettle.. ehhhhhh!

Make sense by presenting good points. Unfortunately, you lack it!
Re: CBN-Hajj Brouhaha: Tale Of A Country And Her Religious Bigots. by bolseas(f): 3:20am On Aug 06, 2016
DedeNkem:

Making sense by present good points. Unfortunately, you lack it!
grin
DedeNkem:

Making sense by present good points. Unfortunately, you lack it!
Re: CBN-Hajj Brouhaha: Tale Of A Country And Her Religious Bigots. by BetaThings: 6:15am On Aug 06, 2016
idupaul:

Don't turn this issue into a sectarian one ..where did anyone mention Islam.
All we are saying is that the govt has once more proven that it only make poor economic decision by going on to subsidizing forex for a religious excursion . As usual you pay per post agent are bent on turning the narrative into a sectarian one.

It is clearly sectarian when you see so many Infographics and analyses about Hajj subsidy but none about Christian pilgrimage
Re: CBN-Hajj Brouhaha: Tale Of A Country And Her Religious Bigots. by BetaThings: 6:18am On Aug 06, 2016
mykl01:

But the argument you ACTUALLY made is that they should stop "wasting money" on Muslims
But they can spend on Christians
Re: CBN-Hajj Brouhaha: Tale Of A Country And Her Religious Bigots. by BetaThings: 6:22am On Aug 06, 2016
Optionalx:

There is clearly no sense in your argument.
1. Nigeria is not divide into apc and PDP or christian and muslim. Is only mumu and ignoramus see nigeria from ya perspective.
2. Even the links you provided in your jobless wack research shows most comments bashed the government too.
3. Reasonable Nigerians have been calling on govt to hands off this pilgrimage bullsh!t for long. Even when things were better, talkless of now.
Govt sometime change their policies on issue due to criticism by the citizen. El rufia concealed state sponsored pilgrimage ditto to Obiano in Anambra. So park ya sentiments one side.
B/w nairaland 'likes' cannot be converted to dollars undecided

Since you talk about lack of sense, you are the guilty one
The uproar and economic and financial analyses have been about subsidy for Hajj
Why was there no such uproar about the subsidy to Christian pilgrimage

Please show us the posts and Infographics about the implications of Christian pilgrimage

Nigerian are largely divided into Muslims and Christians
If you live here you would know
Re: CBN-Hajj Brouhaha: Tale Of A Country And Her Religious Bigots. by xelly: 6:23am On Aug 06, 2016
One thing we have failed to understand is that you don't do same thing over and over and expect different result. Currently, our economy is in recession and CBN have taken a stand as to the exchange rate and the change you will agree with me is nothing but nepotism.
Re: CBN-Hajj Brouhaha: Tale Of A Country And Her Religious Bigots. by BetaThings: 6:25am On Aug 06, 2016
idupaul:

First then the economy was in a better position then

Now we are in battle to plug every naira leak ..but why are you making this religious sef...I am the greatest advocate of people banning religion till we get sane enuff to manage them

If you send the first child to Harvard
the second child will not want to go to Unilag
"Daddy, I am no 2 child, not 2nd class child of yours, Harvard for me too, does not matter if you have to borrow"

And the 2nd child will be right
Re: CBN-Hajj Brouhaha: Tale Of A Country And Her Religious Bigots. by BetaThings: 6:26am On Aug 06, 2016
xelly:
One thing we have failed to understand is that you don't do same thing over and over and expect different result. Currently, our economy is in recession and CBN have taken a stand as to the exchange rate and the change you will agree with me is nothing but nepotism.
If you want to declare a freeze, start after the Muslims have benefitted
Re: CBN-Hajj Brouhaha: Tale Of A Country And Her Religious Bigots. by xelly: 6:26am On Aug 06, 2016
BetaThings:

But the argument you ACTUALLY made is that they should stop "wasting money" on Muslims

All religion in Nigeria should fit into to law and we shouldn't bend laws because of religion. Government should stop sponsoring religious activities such as building of worship centers, pilgrimage etc
Re: CBN-Hajj Brouhaha: Tale Of A Country And Her Religious Bigots. by Nobody: 6:28am On Aug 06, 2016
If anyone simply criticised this move because the beneficiaries are Muslims then such a person is ignorant, arrogant, bigoted, hypocritical and a threat to the peace and progress of Nigeria.

I frowned at the move even when it was done to Christian Pilgrims who were going to Jerusalem for whatever tasks best known to them. I'm against all forms of government sponsors on what I believe should be very personal and private spiritual journeys. Nigeria claims to be a secular nation plus there are thousands of atheists and other traditional worshippers who don't do this Jerusalem -Mecca bullshit.

It's time to end the sponsors of foolish pilgrimages by the Government. Whoever wants to stone the devil in Mecca or see where John the Baptist was buried in Jerusalem should do so using their own resources.

This has been my stand all day long.

Yet I believe the are some bigots amidst those of us who scream at the current development, and though Nigeria has been sponsoring pilgrimages for centuries, re hue and cries are loudest because many of us are feeling what recession looks like for the very first time, plus the social media platform has increased our sensitivity to issues of governance and the economy.

I repeat, if anyone only frowns against the current development because its beneficiaries are Muslims, ten that fellow is a bigot.

So OP, you're on point.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: CBN-Hajj Brouhaha: Tale Of A Country And Her Religious Bigots. by xelly: 6:28am On Aug 06, 2016
BetaThings:

Is it only Christians and Muslims that are the religious group in Nigeria?
Re: CBN-Hajj Brouhaha: Tale Of A Country And Her Religious Bigots. by xelly: 6:29am On Aug 06, 2016
dearpreye:
If anyone simply criticised this move because the beneficiaries are Muslims then such a person is ignorant, arrogant, bigoted, hypocritical and a threat to the peace and progress of Nigeria.

I frowned at the move even when it was done to Christian Pilgrims who were going to Jerusalem for whatever tasks best known to them. I'm against all forms of government sponsors on what I believe should be very personal and private spiritual journeys. Nigeria claims to be a secular nation plus there are thousands of atheists and other traditional worshippers who don't do this Jerusalem -Mecca bullshit.

It's time to end the sponsors of foolish pilgrimages by the Government. Whoever wants to stone the devil in Mecca or see where John the Baptist was buried in Jerusalem should do so using their own resources.

I repeat, if anyone only frowns against the current development because its beneficiaries are Muslims, ten that fellow is a bigot.

So OP, you're on point.

Exactly my point. All form of government sponsorship for religious affair should be put to stop. I condemn the move by CBN 100% not because it is done for the Muslims but for the fact that it was done at all and at a time a new policy has been implemented.

When we make, bend and break laws, what are we doing?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN-Hajj Brouhaha: Tale Of A Country And Her Religious Bigots. by BetaThings: 6:36am On Aug 06, 2016
xelly:

All religion in Nigeria should fit into to law and we shouldn't bend laws because of religion. Government should stop sponsoring religious activities such as building of worship centers, pilgrimage etc

I agree, but let us kick that off after you have balanced for the two religions
Alhamdu li Llah, I am a Muslim. I was against the 3day holiday after Ramadan because they would not be able to do it for Christians

But look at it from my perspective, Christians got the pilgrimage subsidy but not so many people were aware of it months after
But as soon as that of Muslims was announced everybody knows about it
Do I feel a sense of belonging?

2/3 years ago, Pastor Oritsejafor, then CAN president, said Christians were being treated as second class citizens
NSCIA was forced to respond by pointing out with facts and figures that
appointment was lopsided in favour of Christians
No Muslim minister was from the SW, infact no Muslim was in Jonathan's Exco from the entire South
When the analyses was done by NSCIA, CAN had to keep quiet it was clear that CAN was just being intolerant and trying to stir up trouble

Jonathan's National Conference had 62% Christian membership
When the SW people met in Ijebu to deliberate on their agenda, ALL the people present were Christians with 3 pastors included

Did you think Muslims would have got away with that?
Re: CBN-Hajj Brouhaha: Tale Of A Country And Her Religious Bigots. by 4watever: 6:59am On Aug 06, 2016
Caseless:
I repeat, we have the worst set of Christians in Nigeria- very shallow-minded ones.

I hope xtians don't got pilgrimage under this exchange regime.

Actually, only a shallow minded person would subscribe to a copycat religion that has nothing original to offer to the world.

Better don't join issues with me unless you have something logical to say.

I don't have time for stu.pid sentiments.
Re: CBN-Hajj Brouhaha: Tale Of A Country And Her Religious Bigots. by modath(f): 7:06am On Aug 06, 2016
dearpreye:

Yet I believe the are some bigots amidst those of us who scream at the current development, and though Nigeria has been sponsoring pilgrimages for centuries, re hue and cries are loudest because many of us are feeling what recession looks like for the very first time, plus the social media platform has increased our sensitivity to issues of governance and the economy.

So OP, you're on point.

Bros , do not be fooled, 99% of the uproar is because of the person of the president and not because it is plain economic insanity!! I saw some twitter overlords inciting people till they were shown christians got theirs earlier, they retreated into a wall of silence.. Even here on NL, same thing... They aren't objecting for the right reasons, they are just venting their frustration over the usual angst..

We may disagree on so many (+even more smiley) points but i love that we always do agree on the important ones... I detests religious piety and posturing in all shapes, manner and form and this is what this amounts to...

Hopefully, we won't see a repeat of this..

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CBN-Hajj Brouhaha: Tale Of A Country And Her Religious Bigots. by xelly: 7:11am On Aug 06, 2016
BetaThings:

I agree, but let us kick that off after you have balanced for the two religions
Alhamdu li Llah, I am a Muslim. I was against the 3day holiday after Ramadan because they would not be able to do it for Christians

But look at it from my perspective, Christians got the pilgrimage subsidy but not so many people were aware of it months after
But as soon as that of Muslims was announced everybody knows about it
Do I feel a sense of belonging?

2/3 years ago, Pastor Oritsejafor, then CAN president, said Christians were being treated as second class citizens
NSCIA was forced to respond by pointing out with facts and figures that
appointment was lopsided in favour of Christians
No Muslim minister was from the SW, infact no Muslim was in Jonathan's Exco from the entire South
When the analyses was done by NSCIA, CAN had to keep quiet it was clear that CAN was just being intolerant and trying to stir up trouble

Jonathan's National Conference had 62% Christian membership
When the SW people met in Ijebu to deliberate on their agenda, ALL the people present were Christians with 3 pastors included

Did you think Muslims would have got away with that?

I am a christian and you are a Muslim that should be our personal affair and not bases for appointment or government affair. If you want to bring up the issues of appointment, then Buhari should be nailed.

My take is that religious bodies should sponsor religious activities. The problem with Nigeria is that when a particular religion is in power, they tend to have the interest of the religion more than that of the country.

You made mention of confab under GEJ, can you outline anything wrong or detrimental to our Nation building in that report? Isn't your take more like protecting your religion more than the interest of the nation Nigeria
Re: CBN-Hajj Brouhaha: Tale Of A Country And Her Religious Bigots. by xelly: 7:14am On Aug 06, 2016
BetaThings:

Even when the benefit is against the interest of the nation, Muslim must still benefit. I wonder if Nigeria is a nation.
Re: CBN-Hajj Brouhaha: Tale Of A Country And Her Religious Bigots. by Nobody: 7:20am On Aug 06, 2016
modath:

Bros , do not be fooled, 99% of the uproar is because of the person of the president and not because it is plain economic insanity!! I saw some twitter overlords inciting people till they were shown christians got theirs earlier, they retreated into a wall of silence.. Even here on NL, same thing... They aren't objecting for the right reasons, they are just venting their frustration over the usual angst..

We may disagree on so many (+even more smiley) points but i love that we always do agree on the important ones... I detests religious piety and posturing in all shapes, manner and form and this is what this amounts to...

Hopefully, we won't see a repeat of this..

We have to agree on the important things. That's it.

Ours isn't a sane society. Bigotry and hatred are rife. Many persons are brimming with volcanic anger that's waiting for an expression. I understand all that.

But as a person who's interested in having a sane and decent society......I have to learn to look at things objectively. Seriously, the bitter politics sometimes tries to get to my inner core but plying that trade won't be in consonance with my deepest values hence I purge myself of it.

The mutual hatred will only abate when obvious steps are taken to address the perceived injustices prevailing in the polity but that's another topic on its own.

For now and forever, Nigeria must stop sponsoring religious pilgrimages. End of.

1 Like

Re: CBN-Hajj Brouhaha: Tale Of A Country And Her Religious Bigots. by sniperr007(m): 7:32am On Aug 06, 2016
Progressive01:
I'd skip the pleasantries and get right to the point of this.

Nigeria is indeed a country of boundless absurdities, most of which were "invented" and found their way to the fore just after the exit of PDP which "ruled" the country for sixteen years uninterrupted.

The oddity in the attitude of the average political commentator we see today, especially from those who pitched their tent with PDP in the last election, stem more from the fact they are predominantly Christians and can't seem to stomach the thought of being led by a Muslim.

Their party leadership spared no expense in sowing the seed of religious intolerance in the hearts of Nigerians, through their dogged sponsorship of inflammable propaganda, the fruits of which we are reaping today in no small measure.

Yesterday, it was reported the Central Bank will be subsidising the dollar for intending Hajj pilgrims, and as expected, mixed, mostly negative, reactions have trailed the announcement and as expected, those people who've sworn to ensure the president is seen by all as a religious bigot have seized the opportunity to spread their propaganda throughout print and electronic media.

Time and again, we have seen that no sooner do they launch the attacks than history comes to the rescue of Mr President.

One could fault the President on a whole lot of fronts, why not. He's a mare mortal and as such must have his own imperfections. But one thing you certainly can't call the president is "religious bigot".

Here are but a few events in the past that shed light on exactly who the religious bigot is between mr President and his accusers:

1. FG Earmarks $11million for Christian pilgrims.

This was done less than a year ago. An interesting part is that the maximum amount entitled to each pilgrim is the same as what we have today- $1000 and at a lower rate of N160/dollar since the naira had more value then as opposed of N197/dollar today!!

The economy wasn't really faring any better then.

Pray tell, where were the voices of these later day activists/economists when this happened??!!

2. Buhari Cancels Govt Delegation to Hajj

Again, to show his "extreme love for Muslims and his disdain for Christians", mr President shelved plans to send a FG delegation to Hajj 2015. We didn't see "Christians" take over cyberspace to "condemn" this extreme demonstration of bigotry by the president.

Today, he's done for Muslims what he did for Christians and social media has literally been set on fire!!

3. FG Approves 65% Tax Waiver For Christian Pilgrims.

This was done earlier this year under this grim economic atmosphere, yet we never heard as much as a whistle from nobody!!

These and many more instances where the FG under President M. Buhari intervened to make things a lot easier for Christian pilgrims never became major talking points- but as soon as anything is done by the president that seem to favour Muslims, who are no less citizens of this country than Christians, it becomes a huge problem- no thanks to religious bigots who think themselves Christians!

I have been going to church since I was 3 and been listening to pastors, reverend, bishops, etc, preach the word- never a day have I heard any of them extol hate or bigotry as a virtue! Nowhere in the Bible have I read such (not that I always read the bible anyway).

Where then did these Nigerian "christians" propagating this brand of "christianity" where Muslims MUST be hated get their doctrine- PDP constitution??

Myself and many other well meaning Nigerians have been advocating that government completely hands of sponsorship of pilgrimage. Man's relationship with God is their private business and must be treated as such. If one chooses to visit Mecca or Jerusalem or the Bohemian Groove or Okija Shrine to commune with their God, let them sort their expenses out themselves!! If they can't bear the cost, they should sit asses at home and pray- God is omnipresent and can hear them from wherever whenever.

PDP "apologised" for their toxic brand of politics the other day- it would do Nigeria a whole lot of good if the party called her members and supporters to order as that "apology" appears not to have registered on their minds. Heating up the polity with religion does no one no good, certainly not a party that seeks to return to the center in 3years time.

Had the constituent units of the current governing party conducted themselves in this manner when they were the major opposition parties, imagine what the country would have looked like today.

When you set the entire country ablaze, when then would be left to rule over afterwards, her ashes??

Let a word be enough for the wise.

Thank you.
@op: Y shud government fund or subsidize pilgrims or hajj. Its MADNESS. What kind of socialist country r we living. Government claims to b broke & cant support athletes Wu will add to our national growth & reputation while u fund/subsidize pilgrims/hajj dats a luxury expenses. The system is STUPID.

Just add attention to religion. Wu religion don help?
Re: CBN-Hajj Brouhaha: Tale Of A Country And Her Religious Bigots. by CHIJIOKE1314: 7:38am On Aug 06, 2016
[s]
modath:

He is just trolling... I don waka pass!!

@ idupaul ,

Name calling are we? Did you object when christians got concession? And yes, the angst & uproar is cos it's Buhari and hajj not because it's misplacement of priorities. ... no one is in any doubt.... we all know ourselves in this country..
[/s]

I respect your opinions here but, sometimes you people are just too shameless...
This tribal bigot created this thread to spite on people he loves to hate using every technique...

Look at the first page of the post, all you 'Sai Baba' chanters gathered like vultures to feast on your hate..

Before the third post they succeeded in pointing directly to South-East as the only critique of these 'religious policies' be it Islam or Christianity..

Are you blind from all the suffering in the land or are you being enchanted, why have all of you folks decided to close your minds to the wickedness of this evil regime?

No doubts People are more apprehensive about the activities of this administration because they promised 'Change' from old ways, old ways people are obviously tired of..
The reason it echoes more than your could bear is because it's coming from friendly's...(think about this) if all this criticism was coming from opposition, it wouldn't have been so loudly..

For the very first time picture of Kwashiorkor emerged since after the civilWar and you are yet to think that something is FUNDAMENTALLY VERY WRONG WITH THIS GOVERNMENT!

Check all the criticism, you would find out non has pointed directly at Islam but kept calling RELIGIOUS PRIGRIMAGE...
They are against govt involvement, be it Christian's or Islamic..

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CBN-Hajj Brouhaha: Tale Of A Country And Her Religious Bigots. by Progressive01(m): 9:10am On Aug 06, 2016
maclatunji:
Apart from your post addressing the purveyors of hate, Seun has to ensure there is quality control and only factual and accurate posts make front page.

He should not continue to hide under the 'Nairalanders are solely responsible for what they post on Nairaland' to allow wanton recklessness that reminds me of pre-genocide Rwanda.

I am frankly appalled that OP had to appeal for this post to make front page.
You are right indeed. It isn't an easy call but somehow, he must try to strike a balance between quality and traffic, an essential ingredient for the long term survival of the forum.
Re: CBN-Hajj Brouhaha: Tale Of A Country And Her Religious Bigots. by Progressive01(m): 9:16am On Aug 06, 2016
maclatunji:

OP is not saying it makes economic sense to spend government money om pilgrimage, he Is addressing the hateful people that tried to make it look like the president was using national resources to favour Muslims to the detriment of Christians and push their parochial agenda.

Of course, you know this.
Matter of fact, I made it abundantly clear I do not support the decision and stand for government completely taking hands off sponsorship of pilgrimages.

That said, there is no bigger proof that they criticise the decision for ulterior reasons than the fact these same people are the biggest fans of NDA- a group of terrorists and saboteurs who promise to ensure Nigeria is grounded economically!! That is the fact and that is why the thread hurts them so badly.

These guys aren't Christians, they are simply hypocritical bigots.
Re: CBN-Hajj Brouhaha: Tale Of A Country And Her Religious Bigots. by SuperS1Panther: 9:23am On Aug 06, 2016
OP you are wrong that this is about Xtianity VS Muslim.

I am a Xtian and I stated all what you stated in your write ups on the threads I commented on.

You should realise that the embittered sons of hatred and perdition from certain section of the country are the ones that have made it their life time professional to be peddling lies as facts, just because they are too mentally lazy to plot their secession away from th country an they are too politically naive to have power.

If you notice most of them use the words "Yoruba Muslim" with the sole aim of dividing Yorubas along religious line. Unfortunately f them the culture supercedes religion in yorubaland. That is why we do not discriminate against any religion because virtually all families have adherents of Islam, Xtianity and traditional religions and we all celebrate the festive period of each of the religions together.

Dissuade your mind from Xtians VS Muslim rhetorics that are sickening. They are noise of hateful wailers, defeated PDP and noise making Ipods from SE.

All the same, FG should stop subsiding any form of pilgrimage whether Buddhist or Islam or Xtianity. Anybody that wants to go on pilgrimage should fund his or her trip fully, for he or she to fund his or her frivolity and religious obligations.
Re: CBN-Hajj Brouhaha: Tale Of A Country And Her Religious Bigots. by redsun(m): 9:48am On Aug 06, 2016
Religion is the opium of the masses and it thrives in dark and chaotic places where the minds are fundamentally distorted.Where so-called humans are completely induced into the state of suspended inanimation like zombies.
Re: CBN-Hajj Brouhaha: Tale Of A Country And Her Religious Bigots. by Nobody: 9:50am On Aug 06, 2016
BetaThings:

No Sah!
If I want to go to Israel, lemme pay my fare, if you are going to Mecca, pay your fare, if you are going to Osun temple, pay your fare. Separate State from Religion...
Re: CBN-Hajj Brouhaha: Tale Of A Country And Her Religious Bigots. by adconline(m): 10:26am On Aug 06, 2016
The point is the govt has no business selling $ to religious tourists ( Christians and Muslims) when the president said on Al Jazerra "that those parents who can't afford black market rate to pay their children's school fees" should forget about sending their kids to school.
If he could take such a stance why can't he take a stand against wasteful spending?

Nigerians living abroad are the largest source of income to Naija. Last year, they remitted $25bn to Naija, so allowing parents to send money to their kids, does two things- finish their education and come back to contribute or stay their make money and send back.

Just close to that amount for religious tourism is what Dangote got in order to keep his business afloat. He employs 10's of 1000's of Naija folks while religion doesn't. Why can't govt allow other businesses to access those funds at N199?
What the contribution of religious tourism to Naija GDP? Negative, so why continue doing it?
This is not a revenge mission govt, PDP did therefore, we must do threefold. Supporters of this govt voted because of what Martin Luther King Jr said about " the fierce urgency of now", but the political capital has been lost on telling us how bad we had under PDP without making a commensurate improvement to show us how good we're having it. A comparison is based on two or more tested conditions!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ahmad Sagir, Governor Inuwa's Supporter Dies After Falling Off Car In Convoy / Imo Vs Anambra. Which Is More Beautiful / LRU, Call 112: Lagos Gets 911 Service!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.