Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:58 PM

Why Is It That Nigerians Abroad Hardly Marry Nigerian Ladies Over There? - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Is It That Nigerians Abroad Hardly Marry Nigerian Ladies Over There? (51790 Views)

Why Nigerian Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Woman / My Wife Snores While Sleeping; I Hardly Sleep At Night / Muiz Adebiyi, Nigerian Who Married Old Oyinbo: She's Better Than Nigerian Ladies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is It That Nigerians Abroad Hardly Marry Nigerian Ladies Over There? by chachanga: 9:19pm On Aug 07, 2016
skondo09:

U are quite brilliant and experienced

But bros u dey write sermon oo...

Side effects of being pissed with all da societal crap bro; just the side effects!
Taking up arms is easy; changing ideologies' the hardest but a New Nigeria Is Possible!
Might as well try the epistles first!
Re: Why Is It That Nigerians Abroad Hardly Marry Nigerian Ladies Over There? by chachanga: 9:23pm On Aug 07, 2016
Tobitrueman:

Seconded, true talk.

Na so o
Re: Why Is It That Nigerians Abroad Hardly Marry Nigerian Ladies Over There? by mikegeo(m): 10:24pm On Aug 07, 2016
igwegeorgiano:
who da heck is dis lalasticlala? every post i clicked to read i alway see and saw that lalastic something. lalasticlala show your face the igwe wants to see u in his palace now
I Will ban you soon for speaking against him.
#kidding. he is a good guy among peers.
Re: Why Is It That Nigerians Abroad Hardly Marry Nigerian Ladies Over There? by Nancy2016: 10:27pm On Aug 07, 2016
Obiwannn:

Not all anyways. And anyman who doesnt love an independent lady should get his head checked. The problem is when the said lady wants to boss the man and refuses to respect him as she should (respect is reciprocal anyways). Truth is many Nigerian ladies as someone pointed out are more Western than the Westerners themselves, many choose to be liabilities, while being bossy as an icing. No one wants to get married to a Potential Divorcee .

What do you consider to be respect because sometimes when you hear a Naija man talking about respect he is of the mentality that "it is either his way or the highway". How many men consider the opinion of their partners before making decisions? How many men can humble themselves and seek the advice and guidance of their wives?

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It That Nigerians Abroad Hardly Marry Nigerian Ladies Over There? by Ugosample(m): 10:51pm On Aug 07, 2016
Nancy2016:

What do you consider to be respect because sometimes when you hear a Naija man talking about respect he is of the mentality that "it is either his way or the highway". How many men consider the opinion of their partners before making decisions? How many men can humble themselves and seek the advice and guidance of their wives?

I understand your point, trust me I do.

But you cannot blame them tho; the expectations they have in many cases is due to what they saw in their house i.e. their mother when growing up..
A lot of men today shape their expectation of women based on their mum.
I may be wrong tho, but that is my thought

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That Nigerians Abroad Hardly Marry Nigerian Ladies Over There? by mikolo80: 3:36am On Aug 08, 2016
Bisjosh:

Funny how I replied an attention seeker.
Wldnt reply u again. My time is too precious to me
don't worry continue your loneliness
Re: Why Is It That Nigerians Abroad Hardly Marry Nigerian Ladies Over There? by Nobody: 8:55pm On Aug 08, 2016
Kc3000:
Gone are the days that most Nigerian men will go home from America to find a wife or even ask the family to find them a wholesome girl in Nigeria. These days, whatever madness you're trying to avoid in America, it's also there in abundance back in Nigeria. You better deal with the one you see before you, at least you might be familiar with her type of drama. To blindly go and import wahala that's possibly just trying to escape the mess in Nigeria is quite the risk.
My cousin went to Naija for a couple of weeks, came back talking about he found a girl he wants to marry. They start communicating and a few months later he hears some funny stuff about her. So, my guy took up the issue with her, and next thing we heard was that the babe and her mom went to fight the person they thought was informing my cousin...for trying to scatter her runs.
What the heck! My guy couldn't believe it was the same chick he's been talking to, her sister that we know here at church is such a nice person. Well, he confronts her about her conduct...na then true colors show! The babe straight up told him that if he annoys her, she can organize guys to kidnap his popsie in Nigeria. grin grin My guy snapped back to reality.
hahahaha very funny.that idea about home based ladies being submissive and good kitchen qualities is not always true.a number of our ladies the only thing they can prepare is indomie noodles grin.this idea that home based ladies are submissive and understanding is also not always true.a number of them are troublesome,rude, always ready to pick offence at anything and also lazy.so any abroad based naija guy who wants to get married to a homebased might as well prepare his casket when he carries his homebased wife abroad.its much safer getting married to a woman u are familiar with...at least u would know her flaws and how to tackle them.

4 Likes

Re: Why Is It That Nigerians Abroad Hardly Marry Nigerian Ladies Over There? by Eke40seven(m): 9:27pm On Aug 08, 2016
peter1994:
In America: I think it has something to do with a believe that they are often spoilt by the Gender equality thing (won't be loyal)

In Europe esp. Italy, Poland, Spain and Germany, There is a believe that our ladies do all sorts of illicit Jobs including Asset Marketing / Commercial sex work (Ash)

Those in Asia Any Single lady wen get mind to go Chinko fit do anything o smiley
These are very valid points i must admit.
Re: Why Is It That Nigerians Abroad Hardly Marry Nigerian Ladies Over There? by Naturalized(m): 11:01pm On Aug 08, 2016
DanjaNinja:

Bros biko hook me up. Nigerians are scarce in my state (East coast, next door neighbours to New York). grin grin grin

grin
Re: Why Is It That Nigerians Abroad Hardly Marry Nigerian Ladies Over There? by baby124: 1:11am On Aug 09, 2016
OP, keep consoling yourself and all your fellow villagers there. Women in Nigeria tear eye pass the ajebo's abroad. No fool yasef!

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It That Nigerians Abroad Hardly Marry Nigerian Ladies Over There? by cococandy(f): 2:51am On Aug 09, 2016
You're always on point.

I'm just seeing this mention now anyways. Lol nothing to be sorry about. Have you seen mine? grin I go crazy on these retardds way too often.

pippimp:

That is what is keeping Africa in the stone age. The whole world is changing but you guys want to keep the pre historic mentality going. It is not working for you but you don't care. The issue is not that a woman is rude but what most African men consider as rude. Confidence to them is rude. If you lived in a normal society, your perception would be different. I assure you. It is not coincidence that Africa/Nigeria is the way it is today. The way you guys think is amazing to say the least. Same with a child in Europe and the Americas. Most Nigerians would consider them rude, but they confuse that with confidence. That is why at 18, they are out of their homes and getting on with their lives. Meanwhile a 25 year old man in Nigeria, is still sucking his mothers tits at home. At 18 Bill Gates was already forming ideas about microsoft. In Nigeria, he would have been termed a rude young man. What you guys like is subjugation. Eyes down, head down, and shoulders slumped forward. You can't comprehend eyes up, head up and shoulders squared. Everything about our culture points to it. Prostrating, kneeling, crouching, etc. You guys had better wake up.

Cc cococandy. .

P.s sorry about my outburst the other day.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It That Nigerians Abroad Hardly Marry Nigerian Ladies Over There? by pippimp(m): 3:05am On Aug 09, 2016
cococandy:
You're always on point.

I'm just seeing this mention now anyways. Lol nothing to be sorry about. Have you seen mine? grin I go crazy on these retardds way too often.

I'm seriously thinking about going back when am old and have nothing to lose to hold public office. (Since they might eliminate me) I'm sure i'd win considering that they are easily dazzled with "foreigners". They need serious re education and re orientation. I just can't fathom how they don't realise it is their mentality holding them back socially, politically and economically. God help them. And i can relate with you bold statement.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It That Nigerians Abroad Hardly Marry Nigerian Ladies Over There? by cococandy(f): 3:10am On Aug 09, 2016
What a load of horsepoo.
What would a normal adult woman want to be controlled? And why is subservience a desirable character for a wife (not a slave)

Much attempt to not sound like the control freak douche bag that most of them born and raised in naija men are. But you can't hide it well.
bigfrancis21:

The issue is not with typical Nigerian men not standing such 'rich', 'confident' or 'independent' lady but it is the totally different attitude or behaviour that comes with such women when they get to have these things. Most lose their humility, subservience etc. for any man and begin to have unrealistic expectations about their relations with men. With Western feminism being propagated worldwide via Hollywood movies, women in traditional patriarchal countries are catching wind of this. I am not against equal rights for women whatsoever. Women should be allowed to do the same things men do in the society but truth be told there are certain roles which are best played by men (leadership, innovation, development etc.) and some roles which are best played by women (raising the great men and women of the world, mediation, empathy, child rearing etc). To be honest, some women are not able to keep a cool head when they are in power or in possession of great wealth, and with the typical Nigerian man who is traditionally raised to be a man in his society and who knows his role as a man in the society, this is the major issue they have with these 'independent' women. Time after time, what women gain by being feminist or 'independent' in terms of financial or material success, they lose in their private life. 50% gain, 50% loss. No man worth his onions (by this I mean who knows he is a man, knows his role in the society and takes pride in being a man) would want to settle with a feminist-charged woman who want to see the roles reversed in the house. This explains why most of them remain single, because they find it difficult to submit to a man in a relationship. Time after time, they have unrealistic expectations of what relationships should be, often with feminism-influenced ideas to define their meaning of a relationship. Of course, there are some men who are not too ambitious, who would have no problem pairing up with feminist women and not mind being house husbands and submitting to their wives who become the primary financial caregiver. In case you don't know, many ladies in America, especially black ladies, are so feminist that they want to be on top in a relationship, they want to be the man in the relationship instead, they are always right and never wrong, they would never admit to being sorry for anything even when they know they were wrong, they want to control you and order you around but WOULD NEVER TRY TO LET YOU CONTROL THEM, they view being a woman as being weak and they try to be men instead. They leave the women they were created to be and try to be men instead. Any MAN worth his onions would never want such a woman as a spouse and MEN go off looking for more traditional/submissive women as partners and the feminist ones-man-trying-to-be are left single for most of their lives. Feminism has been identified as one of the greatest destructive forces in the black american community. In the black american community, about 72% of mothers are single mothers, raising families single-handed. Most of them are unable to keep a man or barely know how to keep a spouse, barely know that relationships are mutual, barely know the sacrifices they would have to make as wives/female spouse to keep a relationship going, etc. They expect to be treated good all the time by their man, or as 'queens' that they like to call it, but never feel obliged to treat their man good in return. Many don't realize that you give to receive. Affection does not flow in one direction only, it goes both ways. With feminism, coupled with the unavailability of eligible good black men, most black american women expect to remain single for all their lives, having only boyfriends here and there as life goes on. In marriages many barely know their roles as wives, or the sacrifices wives make in a marriage, because they grew up in single-mom households and never saw their moms being wives to their dads or step-dads to learn from them, and the marriages they have, if any, barely last. Funny enough, feminism started with white European females but white American ladies till today are more subservient, womanly, and know their roles as wives than black women.

Honestly, if a woman can be wealthy, comfortable and still remain humble or submit to her spouse, cook for him, etc. most men would not have any problem with that. A good man will instead try to support such woman in her endeavours. No man wants a woman who tries to challenge his status as a man every time, who tries to be the 'man' instead in the house etc. A good example of such women is Dr. Ngozi Iweala, a great woman of international status who never rubs her success as woman on her husband's face or tries to challenge him or be on top of him because she is more successful than him. These women realize that outside their matrimonial home, they can charge up to men whatsoever but once they step foot in their house, their spouse is in charge and they submit. Check this out: the most successful marriages in America today, a country with high divorce rates where 50% of marriages end up in divorce, are still those ones that follow the traditional system of beliefs where the male is the primary financial giver and the female is the primary child care giver at home either as full time housewives or career mothers. That should tell you something.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That Nigerians Abroad Hardly Marry Nigerian Ladies Over There? by cococandy(f): 3:15am On Aug 09, 2016
Lol cheesy
Kc3000:
Gone are the days that most Nigerian men will go home from America to find a wife or even ask the family to find them a wholesome girl in Nigeria. These days, whatever madness you're trying to avoid in America, it's also there in abundance back in Nigeria. You better deal with the one you see before you, at least you might be familiar with her type of drama. To blindly go and import wahala that's possibly just trying to escape the mess in Nigeria is quite the risk.
My cousin went to Naija for a couple of weeks, came back talking about he found a girl he wants to marry. They start communicating and a few months later he hears some funny stuff about her. So, my guy took up the issue with her, and next thing we heard was that the babe and her mom went to fight the person they thought was informing my cousin...for trying to scatter her runs.
What the heck! My guy couldn't believe it was the same chick he's been talking to, her sister that we know here at church is such a nice person. Well, he confronts her about her conduct...na then true colors show! The babe straight up told him that if he annoys her, she can organize guys to kidnap his popsie in Nigeria. grin grin My guy snapped back to reality.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That Nigerians Abroad Hardly Marry Nigerian Ladies Over There? by armyofone(m): 4:20am On Aug 09, 2016
Kc3000:

The babe straight up told him that if he annoys her, she can organize guys to kidnap his popsie in Nigeria. grin grin My guy snapped back to reality.

Laughing so hard grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It That Nigerians Abroad Hardly Marry Nigerian Ladies Over There? by bukatyne(f): 1:50pm On Aug 10, 2016
Funny thread!

The same girls in Nigeria who are bad, fake and spoilt according to 'Nigerian' guys? The same girls who change once they get there?

Again, I hear some Nigerian girls abroad lament that there are no eligible Nigerian men abroad and have to come down here for marriage.

It is interesting we think 'all' the white women are 'culture-less' and 'not family' oriented or do not cook for their families. On the average, except the family is wealthy or somehow have access to cheap childcare, the wife stays at home to care for the baby. Some white wives also complain how their husbands are not helpful with chores even when they work full-time.

I remember one Searching for Love moniker who was opined Nigerian women in Nigeria are gold diggers & bad business while foreign girls are da bomb!

Who would have thought Searching's gold is actually the Nigerian man in diaspora' s thrash. grin

This is a case of the grass being green on the other side.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It That Nigerians Abroad Hardly Marry Nigerian Ladies Over There? by goldedprince: 1:09pm On Sep 13, 2016
Because most of them na oloshos
Re: Why Is It That Nigerians Abroad Hardly Marry Nigerian Ladies Over There? by lullu: 8:00pm On Sep 13, 2016
Hmmmm! so many diverse opinion on this issue. but are we forgetting that LOVE/ compatibility. is what influence our decision to marry a person. we forget that if we make ourself the right person u will get the right person irrespective of the race or colour. I think people have forgotten the values of marriage. people have become so carried away by materia things (both males and females), we now go into marriage because of what we have not benefit from the other person. my God help us to make the right decision

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It That Nigerians Abroad Hardly Marry Nigerian Ladies Over There? by addictiv(m): 9:34am On Sep 14, 2016
Well if you are worried about her taking over your wealth and assets, you can sign a prenuptial agreement that protects you at the event of unforseen circumstances like divorce et al. ...
Re: Why Is It That Nigerians Abroad Hardly Marry Nigerian Ladies Over There? by RedCapChief(m): 10:31pm On Sep 17, 2016
Mcjai:

Don't be surprised when you find out that amazon girl of his is actually a Tranny with real dick.

Lol grin
Re: Why Is It That Nigerians Abroad Hardly Marry Nigerian Ladies Over There? by Bitterleafsoup: 5:09pm On Jan 04, 2017
seunoni34:
Because Nigerian ladies over there can't win you green card grin grin

On a serious note, most are into runs & are morally bankrupt. Infact this not only applies to Nigerian girls but black American women in general (that their Nigerian counterparts in turn took after) .
Black women are perceived as rude, violent & uncultured.
The black American men over there will take a white woman over a black American woman anyday anytime.

Though in the case raised by the OP, I think the issue is more of the quest to get green card not really marriage itself
Very uninformed comment. Bring me proof of what you said. Nigerian Americans marry themselves every weekend as do African Americans. White black relationships are less than 1% my friend and you never see them together in old age.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Is It Healthy For A Mother To Ask These Kinda Question From Her Son? / Am About To End My 15yrs Marriage / Shakirudeen Adewale Alade A.k.a Boneticsart, British Got Talent Contestant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.