Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,296 members, 7,818,994 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:44 AM

Soludo Finally Declares His Anambra Governorship Ambition - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soludo Finally Declares His Anambra Governorship Ambition (8169 Views)

Buhari Declares His Assets On Facebook / ACN Lawmakers Punish Bamidele For Nursing Governorship Ambition / Ngige Declares Governorship Ambition In Anambra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soludo Finally Declares His Anambra Governorship Ambition by kok(m): 6:32am On Sep 23, 2009
Before a mammoth crowd of party faithful and supporters estimated at over 80,000, former Central Bank Governor (CBN), Prof. Charles Chukwuma Soludo, last night at  Awka,  Anambra State, formerly declared his aspiration to be governor of the state in 2010.

He also promised to create over 300,000 jobs in the state within the first year of his administration, if his party, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) nominates him as its flag-bearer. Soludo also pomised to make security of lives and property a top priority.

Although Soludo said he was not in Awka to flag-off his campaign but to formally declare his aspiration, yet party faithful and supporters who  thronged the arena as early as 10a.m., turned the event into a carnival of sorts, singing his praise.

An obviously elated Soludo, who arrived at about 3.45p.m.,  mounted the  dais immediately after the traditional breaking of kolanuts and introduction of dignitaries, to pay homage to past leaders of the state.

He promised to take Anambra State beyond their expectation,  and turn "the beleaguered state into the  Dubai of Africa,” if given the nod to fly the party’s flag and go ahead to win the election.

He also enjoined party faithful to go back to their wards and ensure their membership through registration, participate in the ward congress, contest to be delegates and on the day of the state congress, vote for him. Soludo said if he wins, he would conduct local government elections within two months, and upgrade the mega-cities of Awka, Onitsha  Nnewi, Ekwulobia, Otuocha and Ihiala into modern urban areas the people would be proud of.

He said he was not ashamed to serve the people at the level of state governor, after a meritorious career as CBN Governor, adding that it was because he wanted to uplift the state, create jobs, ensure security, give education its deserved attention and ensure a healthy environment, that he shunned entreaties to the contrary.

Soludo said a vote for him would translate into the beginning of the birth of new Anambra, which had been encapsulated in the 'Soludo Solution'.

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=155255
Re: Soludo Finally Declares His Anambra Governorship Ambition by jaybee3(m): 7:54am On Sep 23, 2009
Why?
no other qualified peeps from his state?
Re: Soludo Finally Declares His Anambra Governorship Ambition by becomrich15: 8:06am On Sep 23, 2009
To be honest with you, the constitution says there should not be an election unto 2011. they should read the constitution.
Re: Soludo Finally Declares His Anambra Governorship Ambition by Nigerd(m): 9:04am On Sep 23, 2009
i think it very clear that sanusi lamido will soon declare for pdp
Re: Soludo Finally Declares His Anambra Governorship Ambition by jswagg4(m): 11:22am On Sep 23, 2009
I am quite dissappointed in soludo.after cleaning and consolidating our banking sector, he wants to partake in d dirty politics of anambra state.believe me, d efcc will come calling 4 him after he ever finishes serving as governor
Re: Soludo Finally Declares His Anambra Governorship Ambition by sayso: 11:24am On Sep 23, 2009
that the office of the Governor of Anambra State was not vacant as at 29th May, 2007, that the tenure of the office of the appellant (Mr. Peter Obi) as Anambra State, which is four years, will not expire until 17th March, 2010 for the reason of the fact that he, being a person first elected as Governor under the 1999 Constitution, took Oath of Allegiance and Oath of Office on the 17th March, 2006.

There will be an election in 2010 in Anambra state.

source.
http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/articles/chukwudi-nwokoye/re-ubas-controversial-governorship-mandate.html
Re: Soludo Finally Declares His Anambra Governorship Ambition by Nobody: 11:25am On Sep 23, 2009
It was only a matter  of time.

I do believe he'll make a decent governor if he wins.

Although, i'm not quite if he'll get the ticket to run under PDP
Re: Soludo Finally Declares His Anambra Governorship Ambition by jswagg4(m): 11:26am On Sep 23, 2009
I am quite dissappointed in soludo.after cleaning and consolidating our banking sector, he wants to partake in d dirty politics of anambra state.believe me, d efcc will come calling 4 him after he ever finishes serving as governor

Re: Soludo Finally Declares His Anambra Governorship Ambition by Sagamite(m): 11:28am On Sep 23, 2009
Good news!

More like him please.
Re: Soludo Finally Declares His Anambra Governorship Ambition by asha80(m): 11:29am On Sep 23, 2009
So what happens to Andy Uba in relation to PDP ticket?Has Nnamdi lost his influence in PDP.?
Re: Soludo Finally Declares His Anambra Governorship Ambition by Nobody: 11:33am On Sep 23, 2009
asha 80:

So what happens to Andy Uba in relation to PDP ticket?Has Nnamdi lost his influence in PDP.?
may the best back-hander win.
Re: Soludo Finally Declares His Anambra Governorship Ambition by Ben13: 11:37am On Sep 23, 2009
great ambition
Re: Soludo Finally Declares His Anambra Governorship Ambition by walata44(m): 11:38am On Sep 23, 2009
The question is, where is he getting is funding from b/c as CBN governor his salary can not even pay to get the PDP form.

1 Like

Re: Soludo Finally Declares His Anambra Governorship Ambition by Builder: 11:45am On Sep 23, 2009
It scares me to death the caliber of people wanting to serve as governor etc, it now shows that these aspirants  not only see that post as a means of making peoples life better but as a means of giving false hopes to people and embezzling money. isn't Soludo the man which under his leadership as the  CBN governor the Nigerian banks record massive losses? anyways, Ibori and Co made such promises

Heaven knows Nigeria is doomed for failure on a massive scale if what i'm reading is true about this people wanting to get into office. earlier this week i read about mohammed abacha running for the kano seat.
Re: Soludo Finally Declares His Anambra Governorship Ambition by citizenY(m): 11:45am On Sep 23, 2009
ANAMBRA ,ANAMBRA, U DON COME AGAIN.

THE TEST TUBE BABY, 2011 DON BEGIN.

ABEG DO US PROUD
Re: Soludo Finally Declares His Anambra Governorship Ambition by totalfact(m): 11:51am On Sep 23, 2009
Politics is good for people like Soludo, because he has sufficient money from treasury of Nigeria to waste!
I dont think, He can win!
Re: Soludo Finally Declares His Anambra Governorship Ambition by Doncharlie: 11:59am On Sep 23, 2009
Soludo is the Panacea to the multiplicity of problems that has bedevilled Anambra State.
He is a rare breed,he is unrivalled
Re: Soludo Finally Declares His Anambra Governorship Ambition by asha80(m): 12:01pm On Sep 23, 2009
I actually see Soludo as an elitist excluding the PDP toga.
Re: Soludo Finally Declares His Anambra Governorship Ambition by okeey(m): 12:11pm On Sep 23, 2009
oh my God,soludo want to consolidate government now not bank again,well it depend on his state
Re: Soludo Finally Declares His Anambra Governorship Ambition by franctony(m): 12:25pm On Sep 23, 2009
kok:

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=155255
this is the man i respected, why has he disappointed me by joining these hoodlums(pdp) in their looting of my dear state. he's even enumerating what he will do for the state when he wins the primaries, meaning he does not believe in that election we're preparing. he believes that once he gets the pdp votes, he is already their in awka. what a shame to inec and soludo
Re: Soludo Finally Declares His Anambra Governorship Ambition by izeek(m): 12:39pm On Sep 23, 2009
as much as i do not like the idea of soludo going into politics,
the only way to wrestle the state os this nation from the hands of this wicked minded politicians, is to have sound intellectual minds there.
the likes of fashola and co.

lets try youth, and literacy compared to this old uneducated round bellied baboons we have.
Re: Soludo Finally Declares His Anambra Governorship Ambition by Oluschenco(m): 12:46pm On Sep 23, 2009
Sheep (Soludo) wanting to dwell among Dogs (PDP) will surely eat faeces, and hence will be disrespected.
Re: Soludo Finally Declares His Anambra Governorship Ambition by Nezan(m): 12:49pm On Sep 23, 2009
I always knew it, the man is part and parcel of the People Deceiving People charade angry
Re: Soludo Finally Declares His Anambra Governorship Ambition by Emperoh(m): 12:51pm On Sep 23, 2009
If credible people don't join, how do we intend to cleanse the state of hoodlumps?
If Soludo's entrance means a disappointment to people i wonder why we complain when we see crass people with little or no intelligence coming in as governors. If Anambra witnesses another period of political banditry, then we should not complain
Credible people with proven track records are what we Anambrarians need.

Its good that the Ruling party has recognised that they need credible people with proven track record to convince Anambra people to vote for them even if they rig!! Thank God for people like the incumbent Peter Obi and Chris Ngige who showed how much govt can do for its people
PDP had better sit up else!!!

In the end, its the People of Anambra who will benefit. . . . .lets just pray and hope and also fight for credible and fraud free elections!
Re: Soludo Finally Declares His Anambra Governorship Ambition by toideve(m): 12:51pm On Sep 23, 2009
why pdp
Re: Soludo Finally Declares His Anambra Governorship Ambition by Nobody: 12:56pm On Sep 23, 2009
He will be an immensely popular Governor.I welcome his candidacy
Re: Soludo Finally Declares His Anambra Governorship Ambition by MUNEER2(m): 1:08pm On Sep 23, 2009
Soludo better be kidding himself, why are we so much in a rush
Re: Soludo Finally Declares His Anambra Governorship Ambition by koolchicco: 1:16pm On Sep 23, 2009
toideve:

why pdp

because with PDP the ticket is guaranteed. grin grin
Re: Soludo Finally Declares His Anambra Governorship Ambition by Ben13: 1:19pm On Sep 23, 2009
That post is unlike you, MrPrsdent undecided
Re: Soludo Finally Declares His Anambra Governorship Ambition by DONFASZY(m): 1:31pm On Sep 23, 2009
a big thief

all the money in cbn is in his home in spain,italy,poland,name them all

big chief, u still have a big mouth to govern?

GOD PUNISH YOU

why is efcc not talking about him?

efcc is rubbish too
Re: Soludo Finally Declares His Anambra Governorship Ambition by iniguy(m): 1:35pm On Sep 23, 2009
Great news! we need intellectuals and visionary leaders in this country.
Re: Soludo Finally Declares His Anambra Governorship Ambition by Fairboy(m): 1:39pm On Sep 23, 2009
I think we should give him a chance to spend the money which he stole from CBN.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Map Of igbo Port Harcourt, IJAWS Would Be Minority In Biafra Or Niger Delta / How To Organise Credible Election In Nigeria / NIS Arrests 400 Illegal Immigrants, Set To Repatriate 150 Nigeriens In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.