Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,307 members, 7,836,337 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:33 AM

What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders - Islam for Muslims (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders (56544 Views)

Ramadan Reminders!!! / Healthy Way To Improve Your Voice During Quran Recitation / General Discussion Thread - Islamic Questions, Suggestions & Reminders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 6:24am On Jan 22, 2017
Surah Hud, Verse 6:

وَمَا مِن دَابَّةٍ فِي الْأَرْضِ إِلَّا عَلَى اللَّهِ رِزْقُهَا وَيَعْلَمُ مُسْتَقَرَّهَا وَمُسْتَوْدَعَهَا كُلٌّ فِي كِتَابٍ مُّبِينٍ

And there is no animal in the earth but on Allah is the sustenance of it, and He knows its resting place and its depository all (things) are in a manifest book.
(English - Shakir)

via iQuran

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Coccoh(f): 7:58am On Jan 22, 2017
FAJR REMINDER: *IT CREATES FENCES*
By: Umm Affan
20 Rabi Al-Thani, 1438 (19-January-2017)

This _Dunya_ (worldly life) is minuscule and short. But, we actually still see people ready to have its pleasure with whatever it takes. Pathetically, they even go into debt – especially taking loan from _Riba_ (usury) based banks. Islam dislikes this (i.e. debt), warns against it and urges us to avoid it as much as possible, because it creates worry by night and causes humiliation by daytime. Evidently, it is crystal-clear that, debt can imperil one’s moral and build fences to prospects. In fact, the prophet (SallaLlahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam) would not offer the funeral prayer on a person who had died in a state of debt and have no enough property to repay, until it is paid for him.

Brethren! When we borrow, let always be mindful of the obligation of repayment. The Prophet (SallaLlahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam) said: *“If a man borrows from people with the intention of repaying them, Allah will help him to repay it; while if he borrows without intending to repay them, Allah will bring him to ruin.”* [Sahih Muslim] More importantly, let’s be constant in seeking Allah’s Protection from debt as the Prophet (SallaLlahu ‘Alayhi wa Sallam) did, by saying; *“Allahumma innee a’oodhu bika min al-ma’thami wa’l-maghram” [Translation: O Allah! I seek Your Protection from sin and debts].* When he was asked regarding this supplication, he replied: *“When a man falls in to debt, he speaks lies and breaches his promises.”* [Sahih Bukhari] .

I beseech Allah to help us repay our debts and protect us from ruin.
(Aameen)

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Demmzy15(m): 8:46am On Jan 22, 2017
AbuHammaad:

Hahaha
grin tongue

2 Likes

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Demmzy15(m): 8:47am On Jan 22, 2017
RABIUSHILE04:

maa shaaa Allaah.... let's spread this sunnah.
Insha'Allahu, two brothers in school here have adopted too. Masha'Allaah!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by busar(m): 10:35am On Jan 22, 2017
The noble Shaykh Ibn Baz rahimahullah said:
“There is no doubt that Islaam came to give honour to the woman, guard her, protect her from the wolves of mankind, secure her rights and raise her status.”
[Source: The Shaykh’s fatawa 4/308]

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jan 22, 2017
Can I have two kunya?

cc: Rabiushile04
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jan 22, 2017
Demmzy15:
Insha'Allahu, two brothers in school here have adopted too. Masha'Allaah!

Maa shaaa Allaah. RevivingSunnah10.0

Wetin be urs na?!
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jan 22, 2017
snapscore:
Can I have two kunya?

Laa adri ukhtii. Lol..

Funny thing is, I like Umm Salamah rasulullaah's wife and Ummu Sulaim, Anas bn Malik' mother(radhi Allaahu anhum). I already told my folks in Lag to stop calling me by my 'ism and call me Abu Salamah... me no com know Wetin change my mind go Abu Sulaim... lol

Point is, I wish I can have like more than one, but ' laa adri'
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jan 22, 2017
RABIUSHILE04:

Laa adri ukhtii. Lol..

Funny thing is, I like Umm Salamah rasulullaah's wife and Ummu Sulaim, Anas bn Malik' mother(radhi Allaahu anhum). I already told my folks in Lag to stop calling me by my 'ism and call me Abu Salamah... me no com know Wetin change my mind go Abu Sulaim... lol

Point is, I wish I can have like more than one, but ' laa adri'

Okay then.

Thanks
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jan 22, 2017
Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘Allaah created the universe, and when He had finished, kinship (al-rahm) stood up and said, “This is the standing up of one who seeks Your protection from being cut off.” Allaah said, “Yes, would it please you if I were to take care of those who take care of you and cut off those who cut you off?” It said, “Of course.” Allaah said, “Then your prayer in granted.”’” The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “Recite, if you wish (interpretation of the meaning): ‘Would you then, if you were given the authority, do mischief in the land, and sever your ties of kinship? Such are they whom Allaah has cursed, so that He has made them deaf and blinded their sight.’ [Muhammad 47:22-23].” (Saheeh Muslim bi Sharh al-Nawawi, 16/112).

Once we understand this, we need to ask: who is the one who upholds the ties of kinship?

This was explained by the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) when he said: “The one who maintains a relationship with his relatives only because they maintain a relationship with him is not truly upholding the ties of kinship. The one who truly upholds those ties is the one who does so even if they break off the relationship.” (Reported by al-Bukhaari, 5645).

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jan 22, 2017
Salam alaykum warahmatullahi wa barakatuh

I would just like to remind everybody that tomorrow is Monday. If anyone can afford to fast then let him do so and increase his reward with his Lord. For those of us with upcoming assignment deadlines and exams, it would be nice to fast and use the opportunity to make dua for the dua of a fasting person is not rejected. Mind you an accepted dua doesn’t necessarily mean getting what you want. At the end of the day, you may like something and it is harmful for you and you may dislike something and it is better for you.

It was narrated that our Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “There are three prayers that are not rejected: the prayer of a father for his child, the prayer of the fasting person and the prayer of the traveller.” Narrated by al-Bayhaqi; see Saheeh al-Jaami’, 2032; al-Saheehah, 1797.

cc: lexiconkabir, demmzy15, rabiushile04, aideesheks zarinaain
zeinymira friendchoice AbuHammaad hayath balash busar Kazrem
Abdelkabir Coccoh

If I am missing anyone, feel free to mention them

Salam alaykum

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jan 22, 2017
snapscore:
Salam alaykum warahmatullahi wa barakatuh

I would just like to remind everybody that tomorrow is Monday. If anyone can afford to fast then let him do so and increase his reward with his Lord. For those of us with upcoming assignment deadlines and exams, it would be nice to fast and use the opportunity to make dua for the dua of a fasting person is not rejected. Mind you an accepted dua doesn’t necessarily mean getting what you want. At the end of the day, you may like something and it is harmful for you and you may dislike something and it is better for you.

It was narrated that our Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “There are three prayers that are not rejected: the prayer of a father for his child, the prayer of the fasting person and the prayer of the traveller.” Narrated by al-Bayhaqi; see Saheeh al-Jaami’, 2032; al-Saheehah, 1797.

cc: lexiconk.abir, demm.zy15, rabiush.ile04, aideesh.eks zari.naain
zeiny.mira frien.dchoice AbuHam.maad haya.th bal.ash bus.ar Kazr.em
Abdel.kabir Co.ccoh

If I am missing anyone, feel free to mention them

Salam alaykum

Jazakillâh kheiran! I hope you'll also fast tomorrow.

wa aleikom salâm!

1 Like

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Demmzy15(m): 6:37pm On Jan 22, 2017
RABIUSHILE04:

Maa shaaa Allaah. RevivingSunnah10.0

Wetin be urs na?!
Aboo Hamamah cool

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jan 22, 2017
Quran 57:11-15

مَّن ذَا الَّذِي يُقْرِضُ اللَّهَ قَرْضًا حَسَنًا فَيُضَاعِفَهُ لَهُ وَلَهُ أَجْرٌ كَرِيمٌ

Who is it that would loan Allah a goodly loan so He will multiply it for him and he will have a noble reward?

يَوْمَ تَرَى الْمُؤْمِنِينَ وَالْمُؤْمِنَاتِ يَسْعَىٰ نُورُهُم بَيْنَ أَيْدِيهِمْ وَبِأَيْمَانِهِم بُشْرَاكُمُ الْيَوْمَ جَنَّاتٌ تَجْرِي مِن تَحْتِهَا الْأَنْهَارُ خَالِدِينَ فِيهَا ۚ ذَٰلِكَ هُوَ الْفَوْزُ الْعَظِيمُ

On the Day you see the believing men and believing women, their light proceeding before them and on their right, [it will be said], "Your good tidings today are [of] gardens beneath which rivers flow, wherein you will abide eternally." That is what is the great attainment.

يَوْمَ يَقُولُ الْمُنَافِقُونَ وَالْمُنَافِقَاتُ لِلَّذِينَ آمَنُوا انظُرُونَا نَقْتَبِسْ مِن نُّورِكُمْ قِيلَ ارْجِعُوا وَرَاءَكُمْ فَالْتَمِسُوا نُورًا فَضُرِبَ بَيْنَهُم بِسُورٍ لَّهُ بَابٌ بَاطِنُهُ فِيهِ الرَّحْمَةُ وَظَاهِرُهُ مِن قِبَلِهِ الْعَذَابُ

On the [same] Day the hypocrite men and hypocrite women will say to those who believed, "Wait for us that we may acquire some of your light." It will be said, "Go back behind you and seek light." And a wall will be placed between them with a door, its interior containing mercy, but on the outside of it is torment.

يُنَادُونَهُمْ أَلَمْ نَكُن مَّعَكُمْ ۖ قَالُوا بَلَىٰ وَلَٰكِنَّكُمْ فَتَنتُمْ أَنفُسَكُمْ وَتَرَبَّصْتُمْ وَارْتَبْتُمْ وَغَرَّتْكُمُ الْأَمَانِيُّ حَتَّىٰ جَاءَ أَمْرُ اللَّهِ وَغَرَّكُم بِاللَّهِ الْغَرُورُ

The hypocrites will call to the believers, "Were we not with you?" They will say, "Yes, but you afflicted yourselves and awaited [misfortune for us] and doubted, and wishful thinking deluded you until there came the command of Allah . And the Deceiver deceived you concerning Allah .

فَالْيَوْمَ لَا يُؤْخَذُ مِنكُمْ فِدْيَةٌ وَلَا مِنَ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا ۚ مَأْوَاكُمُ النَّارُ ۖ هِيَ مَوْلَاكُمْ ۖ وَبِئْسَ الْمَصِيرُ

So today no ransom will be taken from you or from those who disbelieved. Your refuge is the Fire. It is most worthy of you, and wretched is the destination.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by ModestGal(f): 7:19am On Jan 23, 2017
Ehn ehn,so people are here?I bet they are Unilag mssn students, is nairaland not haram?
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 7:21am On Jan 23, 2017
ModestGal:
Ehn ehn,so people are here?I bet they are Unilag mssn students, is nairaland not haram?

whats your mission here?!

and what if they are unilag mssn members?!
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by ModestGal(f): 7:37am On Jan 23, 2017
[quote author=AbdelKabir post=53049028]

whats your mission here?!

and what if they are unilag mssn members?![/quot
k
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by busar(m): 9:00am On Jan 23, 2017
Wa alaykumus salaam wa rahmatullah wa barakaatuh
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by busar(m): 9:03am On Jan 23, 2017
ModestGal:
I don't get you please. Could you please be more elaborate?
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by ModestGal(f): 10:17am On Jan 23, 2017
I ain't a fan of y'all, so please stop quoting me, I was just surprise that such thread is in existence, so my guess is that most of them will be UNILAGs student's because other local Mssn will just admit that Nairaland is haram.And due to the fact that I know that Unilags mssn are not dull,they are sharp due to exposure than other mssn that are local, boring, and hide it under Islam.That's my point
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Empiree: 4:34pm On Jan 23, 2017
ModestGal:
I ain't a fan of y'all, so please stop quoting me, I was just surprise that such thread is in existence, so my guess is that most of them will be UNILAGs student's because other local Mssn will just admit that Nairaland is haram.And due to the fact that I know that Unilags mssn are not dull,they are sharp due to exposure than other mssn that are local, boring, and hide it under Islam.That's my point
lol. ..don't let them rip you apart. grin cheesy

I always hear about mssn. Don't know whats that
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jan 23, 2017
Ti imú yé imú, tí imú fi ńfọn.
The nose has its reasons for being noisy when blown.
[People have their reasons; give them the benefit of the doubt]

1 Like

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 4:26am On Jan 24, 2017
“The greatest reward comes with the greatest trial. When Allaah loves a people He tests them. Whoever accepts that wins His pleasure but whoever is discontent with that earns His wrath.” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi (2396) and Ibn Maajah (4031); classed as hasan by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Kazrem(m): 10:03am On Jan 24, 2017
snapscore:
Can I have two kunya?

What is Kunya sis?
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 11:23am On Jan 24, 2017
Kazrem:

What is Kunya sis?

Kunya is Abu (name of first child) or Umm (name of first child). It is sometimes used as a nickname without referring to a child.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by busar(m): 11:35am On Jan 24, 2017
snapscore:

Kunya is Abu (name of first child) or Umm (name of first child). It is sometimes used as a nickname without referring to a child.
it's not necessarily it should be the name of the first child or daughter. It could be the name of a pet names like Abu Hurayrah, Abu Mahir(not sure about the spelling though).... It could also be the name of a child other than his/hers...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jan 24, 2017
busar:
it's not necessarily it should be the name of the first child or daughter. It could be the name of a pet names like Abu Hurayrah, Abu Mahir(not sure about the spelling though).... It could also be the name of a child other than his/hers...

Yup that too.

cc: Kazrem
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Kazrem(m): 2:45pm On Jan 24, 2017
snapscore:

Yup that too.
OK. Understood now.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Kazrem(m): 2:46pm On Jan 24, 2017
snapscore:

Yup that too.
OK. Understood now. Jazaakumullah khairan
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 10:43pm On Jan 24, 2017
snapscore:

Personal name= Ism
Teknonymic= kunya
Toponymic= nisbah
Patronymic= nasab
Epithet= laqab

Let me use the noble Prophet Muhammad as example.... Muhammad( ism), Abu Qassim(kunya), Al Makkahii(nisba), Ibn Abdullah Ibn Abdulmutallib Ibn Hashim Ibn Abdul Manaf etc(nasab), rasulullaah, Al amiin (laqab).

I hope it is clear, yah ikhwatan Imaan?!

Allaahu Allam.

1 Like

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jan 24, 2017
RABIUSHILE04:

Personal name= Ism
Teknonymic= kunya
Toponymic= nisbah
Patronymic= nasab
Epithet= laqab

Let me use the noble Prophet Muhammad as example.... Muhammad( ism), Abu Qassim(kunya), Al Makkahii(nisba), Ibn Abdullah Ibn Abdulmutallib Ibn Hashim Ibn Abdul Manaf etc(nasab), rasulullaah, Al amiin (laqab).

I hope it is clear, yah ikhwatan Imaan?!

Allaahu Allam.

Yeah jazakallahu Khyran...

@busar I realized I didn't tell you jazakllahu Khyran. Was a little busy then. Jazakallahu Khyran for taking the time to explain.

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (46) (Reply)

Nigerian Pilgrim, Aisha Ahmed, Dies In Saudi Arabia (Photos) / Igbo Woman Proud To Convert To Islam: Says "Islam Has Come To Stay In Igboland" / What's The Islamic Rule On 'istimna' (masturbation)??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.