Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,828 members, 7,820,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders - Islam for Muslims (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders (56310 Views)

Ramadan Reminders!!! / Healthy Way To Improve Your Voice During Quran Recitation / General Discussion Thread - Islamic Questions, Suggestions & Reminders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jan 10, 2017
Someone said: Jabata and his followers are a proof that truly dajjal will have followers in abundance!!!
Allaahu musta'an.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Coccoh(f): 6:42am On Jan 11, 2017
"Fasbir Sabran Jamiila"
Patience is one of the most beautiful atributes one can ever have. It makes you listen, understand, forgive, forget, endure & move on in life.
May Allah (SWT) increase our patience & forgive all our sins.
Ameen.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 6:52am On Jan 11, 2017
RABIUSHILE04:
Someone said: Jabata and his followers are a
proof that truly dajjal will have followers in abundance!!!

Allaahu musta'an.

lol, yesterday, i received a message Abu mardiy Al-thaqoofi, here it is;

FATWAA 2017!

"Al-Mufti" Rasheed bn Mustaphaa popularly known as "Aboo Ibeji", in Ibadan, Nigeria, who is one of Jabata's boys passed a Pharaonical Fatwaa during his first lecture after he was released from the Ilesha Prison.

Questioner: Since it is bid'ah (innovation) to use a spoon to eat, can we then use a toothpick to eat pineapple, watermelon, or apple?

"The Mufti" replied: As far as we know that the Prophet used three fingers to eat, it is not permissible to eat with a spoon or toothpicks.

He further said, we know that watermelon and apple are fruits, and the Prophet ate dates which is also a fruit, without using a broom to eat it, so it is not permissible to use toothpicks. [Time: 02:11:06 - 02:12:46].

I say: How can someone say eating with a spoon or toothpick is bid'ah (innovation) in Islaam? Even Shaytaan (devil) who is the Ameer (leader) of all criminals cannot say this.

May Almighty Allaah allow these people to see the truth as truth, and grant them the strength to follow and abide by it and allow them to see falsehood as falsehood and grant them the strength to remain away from it.

I was just laughing hard yrsterday, i now thoyght to myself, they are yet to solve the question of drinking pap with moi moi soaked inside the pap and they are now adding more problems into their baskets?

Allaah's help is sought.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 6:52am On Jan 11, 2017
Maalik bin Anas Said; “Whatever you play with, do not play with the affair of your religion.” [Sharh ‘Usool I’tiqaad, (v.1 p.163 no.295)]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 6:59am On Jan 11, 2017
lexiconkabir:

lol, yesterday, i received a message Abu mardiy Al-thaqoofi, here it is;

FATWAA 2017!

"Al-Mufti" Rasheed bn Mustaphaa popularly known as "Aboo Ibeji", in Ibadan, Nigeria, who is one of Jabata's boys passed a Pharaonical Fatwaa during his first lecture after he was released from the Ilesha Prison.

Questioner: Since it is bid'ah (innovation) to use a spoon to eat, can we then use a toothpick to eat pineapple, watermelon, or apple?

"The Mufti" replied: As far as we know that the Prophet used three fingers to eat, it is not permissible to eat with a spoon or toothpicks.

He further said, we know that watermelon and apple are fruits, and the Prophet ate dates which is also a fruit, without using a broom to eat it, so it is not permissible to use toothpicks. [Time: 02:11:06 - 02:12:46].

I say: How can someone say eating with a spoon or toothpick is bid'ah (innovation) in Islaam? Even Shaytaan (devil) who is the Ameer (leader) of all criminals cannot say this.

May Almighty Allaah allow these people to see the truth as truth, and grant them the strength to follow and abide by it and allow them to see falsehood as falsehood and grant them the strength to remain away from it.

I was just laughing hard yrsterday, i now thoyght to myself, they are yet to solve the question of drinking pap with moi moi soaked inside the pap and they are now adding more problems into their baskets?

Allaah's help is sought.

Lol, I saw it on his Facebook post ni..naso one person comment wetin I comment for NL.. Na y I say, 'someone said' lol!!!

It is just like in NL, u see a glaring stupid comment, and d suprising thing is, u see like 150 likes, 85 shares...#smh

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 7:02am On Jan 11, 2017
RABIUSHILE04:

Lol, I saw it on his Facebook post ni..naso one person comment wetin I comment for NL.. Na y I say, 'someone said' lol!!!

It is just like in NL, u see a glaring stupid comment, and d suprising thing is, u see like 150 likes, 85 shares...#smh

Abu ibeji on fb?
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 7:12am On Jan 11, 2017
lexiconkabir:

Abu ibeji on fb?

I seek refuge in Allaah from people like Abu Ibeji, I meant Abu Mardiyy on FB.

Wetin conSign me with Jabata boiz, that can't make a sentence without bastardizing English language, hiaaaaa!

AbuBeji kwaaaa, hiaa!(o^o)
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 8:41am On Jan 11, 2017
RABIUSHILE04:

I seek refuge in Allaah from people like Abu Ibeji, I meant Abu Mardiyy on FB.

Wetin conSign me with Jabata boiz, that can't make a sentence without bastardizing English language, hiaaaaa!

AbuBeji kwaaaa, hiaa!(o^o)

hahaha grin
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jan 11, 2017
As' salam alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

Just a gentle reminder that tomorrow is Thursday and we all know what the regular drill. It's an opportunity for one to increase his reward with his Lord.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jan 11, 2017
snapscore:
As' salam alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

Just a gentle reminder that tomorrow is Thursday and we all know what the regular drill. It's an opportunity for one to increase his reward with his Lord.

Lol, 'regular drill'...military woman!!

We shouldn't forget the Tashreeq o, 13th-15th
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jan 11, 2017
This is common among us. That moment you are in your house eating your favorite meal, a friend of yours just came at your door knocking, you noticed someone is at the door, you quickly keep the food somewhere. You both engaged in a conversation as at exact 3:00pm, you are not comfortable with the conversion because all you want is for him to go . You forgot the Hadeeth talking about sharing food among others and the benefit in eating together. When it exact 6:30 pm, your friend stood up and say "Akhii, I will have to go now because I'm fasting", your mood changed immediately and you keep talking to yourself, asking yourself, " why have you been punishing yourself since afternoon ? This is what happen when you try to be more wiser than others . Following Islamic doctrine is the best way everyone must adopt. May Allaah make the benefit in this post more beneficial to us all. #Official Abu Fawzaan Al-Gareeb
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Empiree: 12:18am On Jan 12, 2017
FriendChoice sounds like sufi here on Asmaul Husna cheesy

Sheikh Rabiu Adebayo said something about this in the past as well.

This goes to show that we should NEVER ever reduce Allah's Majestic to text.

His 99 Names are sufficient. We do not necessarily need to stress ourselves beyond that.

However, the hadith quoted earlier is NEVER intended to restrict Allah's Names to 99. Not at all. Rather, it means to try memorize at least 99 of them and act upon it. That's the proper understanding of the hadith. Allah says He is Ma Ya Sha. He does as He wills. Hence, we cannot reduce His Names to 99 by this simple logic.

Hadith on Asmaul Husna

It was narrated by Abu Hurairah ra that the Prophet pbuh said:For Allah is 99 names, 100 except 1, a person do not memorize it except he enters paradise (ie. whoever memorizes it will enter paradise), and He ( Allah ) is One and He loves odd numbers.( Narrated by Bukhari and Muslim )

This ^^ is the most authentic version of the hadith. In the narration of Tirmizhi, it states the 99 names of Allah SWT in the hadith and those names are actually inserted into the hadith and those insertions have been refuted and rejected by scholars of hadith. The hadith by Tirmizhi was narrated by Al Walid Ibn Muslim, from Shu'aib Ibn Abi Hamzah. The great scholars of hadith state that the insertion of the Names was done by Al Walid Ibn Muslim who had compiled this hadith from his teachers. All the other narrations which mentions the virtues of memorizing the 99 Names of Allah SWT did not mention or state these Names.

Meaning of the Hadith

Whoever memorized means those who pondered over its meanings and act upon the lessons embedded in those Names, glorify the sanctity of worship towards Allah, as well as praising the Glory of Allah. Whoever memorized the names but did not act upon the requirements, or did not place their servitude towards those Names would not benefit from this hadith.

Allah has more than 99 Names

The hadith did not limit the Names of Allah SWT but rather states the virtue of those who managed to memorize the 99 Names. Allah SWT the Great Sovereign and Lord of all the Worlds have many uncountable names which befits his Glory and Honor. His names are infinite which is known only to Him alone. There are hadith which indicate that Allah SWT has more than 99 Names.

Imam Nawawi states:"The scholars agree that this hadith did not limit the Names of Allah SWT and this is not what it is supposed to mean, that Allah do not have Names other than these 99 Names. What is meant in this hadith is that, anyone who managed to encompass ( memorize and understand ) these Names will enter paradise. So it was intended to inform us on the condition for the entry of paradise, and not limit the Names of Allah."

Hadith which proves that Allah has more than 99 Names

It was narrated by Abdullah Ibn Mas'ud that the Prophet pbuh said: Whoever is ever afflicted by such as depression and sadness and then recites: O Allah, verily I am your servant and the son of your servant, the son of your amah (female servant), my life is in your hands, it passes in Your law, implemented as You willed, I ask of You with all the Names which is Yours, which You have named Yourself or taught anyone of your creations,or brought down in Your books, or which You have hidden by Your side in the unseen world.

(This hadith was narrated by Ibn Hibban in his Sahih, Iman Ahmad in his Musnad, Al Haithami in Majma' Az Zawaid, Al-Hakim in his Mustadrak, Ibn Abi Syaibah in his Musnad, Abu Ya'la Al Musili in his Musnad, Tabarani in Al Kabir, Baihaqi in Qadha' and Qadar, Albani in his Sahihah and he grades this hadith as Sahih. It was narrated by Musnad Al Bazzar and Sheikh Shu'aib Ar Nououd grades this hadith as Sahih.)

AlKhattabi said: " This hadith affirms for certain the number of Names according to the numbers mentioned, and does not deny numbers beyond this. Just like how one says: For Zaid is 1000 dirham which he had prepared for charity, and for Amru 100 clothes which he would present as gift to those who visit him. This does not mean that he does not have more than 1000 dirham, or clothes which numbers more than 100 clothes. It only shows that the number of dirham which had been prepared by Zaid for charity is 1000 dirham and the number of clothes which had been prepared by Amru for gift is 100 clothes."

So that's implication of restricting or reducing Allah to text. And ALL HIS NAMES {known and unknown} have their khadim under them or assigned to them by Allah. They can be Angels or Ruhaniyun etc. If you want to to try it, just lock yourself up for 7 days without seeing the sky and invoke certain asma of Allah and see what happens.

So NEVER reduce Allah to text.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 1:02am On Jan 12, 2017
Empiree:
FriendChoice sounds like sufi here on Asmaul Husna cheesy

As in how?

Sheikh Rabiu Adebayo said something about this in the past as well.

This goes to show that we should NEVER ever reduce Allah's Majestic to text.

His 99 Names are sufficient. We do not necessarily need to stress ourselves beyond that.

However, the hadith quoted earlier is NEVER intended to restrict Allah's Names to 99. Not at all. Rather, it means to try memorize at least 99 of them and act upon it. That's the proper understanding of the hadith. Allah says He is Ma Ya Sha. He does as He wills. Hence, we cannot reduce His Names to 99 by this simple logic.

Hadith on Asmaul Husna

It was narrated by Abu Hurairah ra that the Prophet pbuh said:For Allah is 99 names, 100 except 1, a person do not memorize it except he enters paradise (ie. whoever memorizes it will enter paradise), and He ( Allah ) is One and He loves odd numbers.( Narrated by Bukhari and Muslim )

This ^^ is the most authentic version of the hadith. In the narration of Tirmizhi, it states the 99 names of Allah SWT in the hadith and those names are actually inserted into the hadith and those insertions have been refuted and rejected by scholars of hadith. The hadith by Tirmizhi was narrated by Al Walid Ibn Muslim, from Shu'aib Ibn Abi Hamzah. The great scholars of hadith state that the insertion of the Names was done by Al Walid Ibn Muslim who had compiled this hadith from his teachers. All the other narrations which mentions the virtues of memorizing the 99 Names of Allah SWT did not mention or state these Names.

What brought about this? Who said Allahs name are only 99? What's wrong with you?

[s]Meaning of the Hadith

Whoever memorized means those who pondered over its meanings and act upon the lessons embedded in those Names, glorify the sanctity of worship towards Allah, as well as praising the Glory of Allah. Whoever memorized the names but did not act upon the requirements, or did not place their servitude towards those Names would not benefit from this hadith.

Allah has more than 99 Names

The hadith did not limit the Names of Allah SWT but rather states the virtue of those who managed to memorize the 99 Names. Allah SWT the Great Sovereign and Lord of all the Worlds have many uncountable names which befits his Glory and Honor. His names are infinite which is known only to Him alone. There are hadith which indicate that Allah SWT has more than 99 Names.

Imam Nawawi states:"The scholars agree that this hadith did not limit the Names of Allah SWT and this is not what it is supposed to mean, that Allah do not have Names other than these 99 Names. What is meant in this hadith is that, anyone who managed to encompass ( memorize and understand ) these Names will enter paradise. So it was intended to inform us on the condition for the entry of paradise, and not limit the Names of Allah." [/s]

Who limit Allah's name to only 99 ?

This is only your fake theories. Only those 99 Beautiful names the hadith is talking on and NOT all Allah's name. You're only trying to complicate things 4 yourself. Only those 99 the hadith is referring too.

Hadith which proves that Allah has more than 99 Names

It was narrated by Abdullah Ibn Mas'ud that the Prophet pbuh said: Whoever is ever afflicted by such as depression and sadness and then recites: O Allah, verily I am your servant and the son of your servant, the son of your amah (female servant), my life is in your hands, it passes in Your law, implemented as You willed, I ask of You with all the Names which is Yours, which You have named Yourself or taught anyone of your creations,or brought down in Your books, or which You have hidden by Your side in the unseen world.

(This hadith was narrated by Ibn Hibban in his Sahih, Iman Ahmad in his Musnad, Al Haithami in Majma' Az Zawaid, Al-Hakim in his Mustadrak, Ibn Abi Syaibah in his Musnad, Abu Ya'la Al Musili in his Musnad, Tabarani in Al Kabir, Baihaqi in Qadha' and Qadar, Albani in his Sahihah and he grades this hadith as Sahih. It was narrated by Musnad Al Bazzar and Sheikh Shu'aib Ar Nououd grades this hadith as Sahih.)

AlKhattabi said: " This hadith affirms for certain the number of Names according to the numbers mentioned, and does not deny numbers beyond this. Just like how one says: For Zaid is 1000 dirham which he had prepared for charity, and for Amru 100 clothes which he would present as gift to those who visit him. This does not mean that he does not have more than 1000 dirham, or clothes which numbers more than 100 clothes. It only shows that the number of dirham which had been prepared by Zaid for charity is 1000 dirham and the number of clothes which had been prepared by Amru for gift is 100 clothes."

Who limit Allah's name to 99 Where? Which of my post?

So that's implication of restricting or reducing Allah to text. And ALL HIS NAMES {known and unknown} have their khadim under them or assigned to them by Allah. They can be Angels or Ruhaniyun etc. If you want to to try it, just lock yourself up for 7 days without seeing the sky and invoke certain asma of Allah and see what happens.

So NEVER reduce Allah to text.

You fabricate lies of your Sufis against Allah. All what you are saying cannot be found in Islam. It can only be found from your so called divine revelations.

Mtsw lock yourself not me. All these locking oneself are your own devilish theories not our Prophet commandment. You are calling devil's Jinn prescribed by your Sufis not Islam.

You lock yourself for 7 days.

You miss Subhi, Zuhr, Asr, Magribh and Ishai in congregation for consecutive 7 days calling devils.

You miss Friday congregational prayer.

is this the Islam our beloveth Muhammad peace be upon him Teach us?

So am reducing Allah to text while you're doing what? invoking a new knowledge of Islam which is not known to our Prophet.

Woo to this type of innovations.

2 Likes

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Empiree: 2:26am On Jan 12, 2017
FriendChoice:

As in how?

What brought about this? Who said Allahs name are only 99? What's wrong with you?

Who limit Allah's name to only 99 ?

This is only your fake theories. Only those 99 Beautiful names the hadith is talking on and NOT all Allah's name. You're only trying to complicate things 4 yourself. Only those 99 the hadith is referring too.

Who limit Allah's name to 99 Where? Which of my post?

You fabricate lies of your Sufis against Allah. All what you are saying cannot be found in Islam. It can only be found from your so called divine revelations.

Mtsw lock yourself not me. All these locking oneself are your own devilish theories not our Prophet commandment. You are calling devil's Jinn prescribed by your Sufis not Islam.

You lock yourself for 7 days.

You miss Subhi, Zuhr, Asr, Magribh and Ishai in congregation for consecutive 7 days calling devils.

You miss Friday congregational prayer.

is this the Islam our beloveth Muhammad peace be upon him Teach us?

So am reducing Allah to text while you're doing what? invoking a new knowledge of Islam which is not known to our Prophet.

Woo to this type of innovations.
Geez, you are so in haste. Lord have mercy.

My post is not even about you for crying out loud. I only mentioned you cuz of the way you sounded when the sister appeared confused about your post.

Your reply is really shaking my head. When someone you think he's sufi talks, everything he says is 'sufi' and discarded. That's really a major problem for you young fellows these days. Thank goodness I eschewed my post.

The post is not about sect. If i had quoted ibn Tayyimiyah(ra), perhaps, you wouldnt have problems with my post or acted this way. I deliberately left ibn Tayimmiya'a comment out.

See, this is why people ignore you guys. Go back up and re-read yourself about Asmahu Husna and reaction of snapscore, you notice she seems confused from what I understood.

I was simply trying to buttress your post on Asma husna.

I won't even respond to other things you said cus they are irrelevant.

Na U Sabi undecided
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Empiree: 3:30am On Jan 12, 2017

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 7:06am On Jan 12, 2017
Empiree:
Geez, you are so in haste. Lord have mercy.

My post is not even about you for crying out loud. I only mentioned you cuz of the way you sounded when the sister appeared confused about your post.

Your reply is really shaking my head. When someone you think he's sufi talks, everything he says is 'sufi' and discarded. That's really a major problem for you young fellows these days. Thank goodness I eschewed my post.

The post is not about sect. If i had quoted ibn Tayyimiyah(ra), perhaps, you wouldnt have problems with my post or acted this way. I deliberately left ibn Tayimmiya'a comment out.

See, this is why people ignore you guys. Go back up and re-read yourself about Asmahu Husna and reaction of snapscore, you notice she seems confused from what I understood.

I was simply trying to buttress your post on Asma husna.

I won't even respond to other things you said cus they are irrelevant.

Na U Sabi undecided

Yeah because I expose your innovations. You said people ignore me? That's what I want, am not on Nairaland to contest for election. The more people admire you the more you might be following their desire when it comes to Deen rather than Islamic prescriptions. The post wasn't on sect but you called me Sufi at the beginning. Don't you?

Let me set this straight to you. Snapscore was never confused on the number of the names as 99. Why? She wrote the hadith herself. What she was confused about is the authenticity of those 99 compiled in a small book. So never hide under this to make your excuses.

That hadith categorically means 99 names of Allah and not all Allah's names. So snapscore nobody should compromise your understanding.

I will not reply him again and I am sorry for derailing your thread it becomes necessary.

1 Like

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 7:43am On Jan 12, 2017
what's happening?? none of these is necessary, really..
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 7:47am On Jan 12, 2017
Surah Al-Maeda, Verse 2:

يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا لَا تُحِلُّوا شَعَائِرَ اللَّهِ وَلَا الشَّهْرَ الْحَرَامَ وَلَا الْهَدْيَ وَلَا الْقَلَائِدَ وَلَا آمِّينَ الْبَيْتَ الْحَرَامَ يَبْتَغُونَ فَضْلًا مِّن رَّبِّهِمْ وَرِضْوَانًا وَإِذَا حَلَلْتُمْ فَاصْطَادُوا وَلَا يَجْرِمَنَّكُمْ شَنَآنُ قَوْمٍ أَن صَدُّوكُمْ عَنِ الْمَسْجِدِ الْحَرَامِ أَن تَعْتَدُوا وَتَعَاوَنُوا عَلَى الْبِرِّ وَالتَّقْوَىٰ وَلَا تَعَاوَنُوا عَلَى الْإِثْمِ وَالْعُدْوَانِ وَاتَّقُوا اللَّهَ إِنَّ اللَّهَ شَدِيدُ الْعِقَابِ

O you who believe! do not violate the signs appointed by Allah nor the sacred month, nor (interfere with) the offerings, nor the sacrificial animals with garlands, nor those going to the sacred house seeking the grace and pleasure of their Lord; and when you are free from the obligations of the pilgrimage, then hunt, and let not hatred of a people-- because they hindered you from the Sacred Masjid-- incite you to exceed the limits, and help one another in goodness and piety, and do not help one another in sin and aggression; and be careful of (your duty to) Allah; surely Allah is severe in requiting (evil).

(English - Shakir)

via iQuran
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Empiree: 11:00am On Jan 12, 2017
FriendChoice:

Yeah because I expose your innovations. You said people ignore me? That's what I want, am not on Nairaland to contest for election. The more people admire you the more you might be following their desire when it comes to Deen rather than Islamic prescriptions. The post wasn't on sect but you called me Sufi at the beginning. Don't you?

Let me set this straight to you. Snapscore was never confused on the number of the names as 99. Why? She wrote the hadith herself. What she was confused about is the authenticity of those 99 compiled in a small book. So never hide under this to make your excuses.

That hadith categorically means 99 names of Allah and not all Allah's names. So snapscore nobody should compromise your understanding.

I will not reply him again and I am sorry for derailing your thread it becomes necessary.
This ummah is lost. You have a good day
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 11:39am On Jan 12, 2017

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jan 12, 2017
RABIUSHILE04:

Lol, 'regular drill'...military woman!!

We shouldn't forget the Tashreeq o, 13th-15th

Jazakallahu Khyran. I completely forgot
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jan 12, 2017
snapscore:

Jazakallahu Khyran. I completely forgot
was iyakum
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jan 13, 2017
Narrated by ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Amr (may Allaah be pleased with him), the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Convey from me, even if it is one verse.” al-Bukhaari (3461)

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by busar(m): 5:49am On Jan 14, 2017
I FIND IT INTERESTING AND WANTED MY BRETHREN TO FEEL THE SWEETNESS OF ARABIC ORATION.

ﺫﻫﺒـﺖُ ﺇﻟﻰ ﺍﻟﻄَّﺒﻴﺐِ ﺃُﺭﻳـﻪ ﺣﺎﻟﻲ ..

I went to the doctor to check my health status,

ﻭﻫﻞ ﻳﺪﺭﻱ ﺍﻟﻄَّﺒﻴﺐُ ﺑﻤﺎ ﺟَﺮَﻯ ﻟﻲ؟ !
(I asked myself): Did the doctor really know what's happening to me?

ﺟﻠﺴـﺖُ ﻓﻘﺎﻝَ ﻣﺎ ﺷـﻜﻮﺍﻙ ﺻِﻔْﻬﺎ ..
I sat and he said: What is your complain, describe it?

ﻓﻘُﻠﺖُ ﺍﻟﺤـﺎﻝُ ﺃﺑﻠﻎُ ﻣِﻦ ﻣﻘـﺎﻟﻲ ..
I said: The condition is more than my description,

ﺃﺗﻴﺘُـﻚ ﻳﺎ ﻃﺒﻴـﺐُ ﻋﻠـﻰ ﻳﻘـﻴﻦٍ ..
I came to you- o medical doctor with certainty,

ﺑﺄﻧَّﻚَ ﻟﺴـﺖَ ﺗَﻤﻠﻚ ﻣﺎ ﺑﺒـﺎﻟﻲ..
Because you possess not what is bordering me (what can heal me).

ﺃﻧﺎ ﻻ ﺃﺷـﺘﻜﻲ ﺍﻟﺤﻤَّﻰ ﺍﺣﺘﺠـﺎﺟًﺎ
I am not complaining of fever nor (requesting for) cupping

ﺑَﻞِ ﺍﻟﺤُﻤَّﻰ ﺍﻟَّﺘﻲ ﺗﺸﻜﻮ ﺍﺣﺘﻤﺎﻟﻲ !!
But the fever am complaining of is my burdens (sins).

ﻓﺘﺤﺖُ ﺇﻟﻴﻚَ ﺣَـﻠْﻘﻲ ﻛَﻲ ﺗَـﺮَﺍﻩُ ..
I open my throat/inner self for you so you see it,

ﻓﻘُﻞ ﻟﻲ :ﻫﻞ ﺃﻛﻠﺖُ ﻣﻦ ﺍﻟﺤـﻼﻝِ؟؟
And tell me: Have I eaten from the lawful?

ﺃﺗﻌـﺮﻑُ ﻳﺎ ﻃﺒﻴﺐُ ﺩﻭﺍﺀَ ﻗَـﻠْﺒﻲ؟!
Are you aware- o doctor- the cure to my heart?

ﻓَـﺪَﺍﺀُ ﺍﻟﻘَﻠـﺐِ ﺃﻋﻈﻢُ ﻣِﻦ ﻫـﺰﺍﻟﻲ
Redeeming the heart is darer than emancipation (from slavery).
ﻛَﺸَﻔْﺖُ ﺇﻟﻴﻚَ ﻋَﻦ ﺻـﺪﺭﻱ ﺃﺟِﺒْﻨﻲ
I disclose to you my inner self, so give me a response.

.ﺃﺗَﺴـﻤﻊُ ﻓﻴﻪِ ﻟﻠﻘـﺮﺁﻥِ ﺗـﺎﻝِ؟ !
Do you hear from it, a sign of Qur'aanic recitation?

ﺗﻘـﻮﻝ ﺑﺄﻥَّ ﻣـﺎ ﻓـﻲَّ ﺍﻟﺘﻬـﺎﺏٌ.
You say: 'What is in me is "self examination"'

ﻭﺭﺷـﺢٌ ﻣﺎ ﺃﺟﺒﺖَ ﻋﻠﻰ ﺳُـﺆﺍﻟﻲ..
Why tricking me? You are yet to respond to my question.

ﻭﺿﻌﺖَ ﻋﻠﻰ ﻓَﻤـﻲ ﺍﻟﻤﻘﻴﺎﺱَ ﻗُﻞ ﻟﻲ:
You placed the medical checking instrument on my mouth, now tell me;

ﺃﺳﻬـﻢُ ﺣﺮﺍﺭﺓِ ﺍﻹﻳﻤـﺎﻥِ ﻋـﺎﻟﻲ؟ !
Is the spear/Arrow of eeman high?

ﺳـﻘﺎﻣﻲ ﻣﻦ ﻣُﻘـﺎﺭﻓﺔِ ﺍﻟﺨَﻄـﺎﻳﺎ ..
My sickness is due to my continuous committing sins.

ﻭﻟﻴـﺲ ﻣِﻦَ ﺍﻟﺰُّﻛﺎﻡِ ﻭﻻ ﺍﻟﺴُّـﻌﺎﻝِ
And its (the sickness) is not catarrh nor is it cough.

ﻓﺈﻥ ﻛﻨـﺖَ ﺍﻟﻄَّﺒﻴﺐَ ﻓﻤﺎ ﻋـﻼﺝٌ ..
If truly you are a medical doctor, then what is my cure?

ﻟﺬﻧـﺐٍ ﻓَﻮْﻕ ﺭﺃﺳـﻲ ﻛﺎﻟﺠﺒـﺎﻝِ؟؟
(Is it that) my sins are on my head are as high as the mountain?

ﻧُﺴـﺎﺋﻞُ ﻣـﺎ ﺍﻟﺪَّﻭﺍﺀُ ﺇﺫﺍ ﻣَﺮِﺿـﻨﺎ.
We demand to know what the cure (to sickness) is in when we are sick?

ﻭﺩﺍﺀُ ﺍﻟﻘَـﻠْﺐِ ﺃﻭﻟـﻰ ﺑﺎﻟﺴُّـﺆﺍﻝ
And (YOU SHOULD KNOW THAT) the disease of the heart is first to be cured.
Translated by: Abubakar Ozemoya Irekpita Yusuf

Via Ethics of Islam

3 Likes

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 9:14am On Jan 14, 2017
On the authority of Abu Hamzah Anas bin Malik (may Allah be pleased with him) - the servant of the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) - that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said :

"None of you will believe until you love for your brother what you love for yourself." Related by Bukhari & Muslim

This hadith is strongly correlated with the Golden Rule which is “do as to others what you want to yourself” and that is to love for your brother what you love for yourself. In this society, we live where people are shy to give advice or get offended to accept advice. When in reality, we should be welcoming in accepting other’s advice and give advice in the best way. This is essential for the fabric of the community and for your personal self.

Another part of loving your brother what you love for yourself is really pushing the person to seek to rectify the flaws of others. Sometimes when we see flaws for others, instead of hoping, striving, and working toward rectify their difficulties in flaws, we actually exploit them. We take advantage of them and make ourselves feel better. This is actually a disease in the heart that we need to see someone to do something bad in order for us to feel good. Rather, we should fix their problems and love for them to able to grow in their relationship with Allah.

http://40hadithnawawi.com/index.php/the-hadiths/hadith-13

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 10:57am On Jan 14, 2017
Murtala Alade Adedokun
Spot the Difference Sergey Mavrodi of MMM following the great collapse: "We’ve warned you repeatedly to only provide help with amounts that are not critical for you." Shaytaan after leading man to sin and fall from grace: "I am free of you, I fear Allah, the Lord of the worlds" [Qur,aan 59:16]. Magnanimously, Mavrodi reassures his victims (sorry, partners): "Have no fear and go about your business as usual." - The Punch. ...after, come tell me say you go school.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jan 14, 2017
If I remained silent and you remained silent, then who will teach the ignorant?
-IBN TAYMIYYAH

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 8:33am On Jan 15, 2017
Aboo Sufyan Pray for others. Yes. Don't pray only for yourself. People may be facing struggles they'll never tell you about. So spare a thought. Pray.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Demmzy15(m): 12:13pm On Jan 15, 2017
I seriously don't know what's going on with Nairaland. I've been trying to open a thread on Imam Ali Ibn Musa Ibn Jafar Al Sadiq. I've mailed the mods and no one has done anything about it!

1 Like

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jan 16, 2017
Recorded by Bukhaari (4207) and Muslim (112) from Sahl who said: The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and the mushrikeen met in battle and fought. When the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) went back to his camp and the others went back to their camp, there was among the companions of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)a man who killed anyone (of the enemy) who got in his way. They said: No one has done better today than So and so. The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “Rather he is one of the people of Hell.” A man said: I am going to follow him. So he went out with him; every time that man stopped, he stopped with him, and when he hastened, he hastened with him. He said: The man was badly wounded, so he sought to hasten his death. He put the handle of his sword on the ground and its tip in the middle of his chest, then he leaned [on his sword] and killed himself. The man went to the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and said: I bear witness that you are the Messenger of Allaah (S). He said: “Why is that?” He said: The man who you said was one of the people of Hell and the people were astounded by that. I said, I will find out about him for you. So I followed him until he was badly wounded, then he sought to hasten his death. He put the handle of his sword on the ground and its tip in the middle of his chest, then he leaned on it and killed himself. The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “A man may do the deeds of [the people of] Paradise, or so it seems to the people, although he is one of the people of Hell, and a man may do the deeds of [the people of] Hell, or so it seems to the people, although he is one of the people of Paradise.”

Wow.

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jan 16, 2017
hold the hereafter with 9 fingers, and this duniya with just a finger(preferably your pinky) such that if that one finger should slip and fall, you wouldn't care.

2 Likes

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jan 17, 2017
On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) who said: The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said:

"Part of the perfection of one's Islam is his leaving that which does not concern him." [Tirmidhi]

Commentary Summary

Written commentary compiled by volunteers utilizing Sh. Jamaal Diwan's audio commentary above and English translation of Ibn Daqiq Al-Id's commentary on The Forty Hadith of Imam al-Nawawi.

This hadith explains an important but often overlooked aspect of completing and perfecting our practice of Islam. We should not concern ourselves with matters that are none of our business, but should stay focused on the priorities that do concern us. When our practice of Islam becomes more complete and more perfected, the good deeds we perform are multiplied to higher and higher exponents. By instilling this quality of focusing on what is of concern to you and disregarding what is not, deeds may become more weighty and valuable in the sight of Allah swt.

One of the great scholars of the Maliki school of fiqh, Imam Abu Zaid al-Maliki, said that all attributes of goodness stem from four hadiths[a]:

The hadith in which the Prophet (peace and blessing be upon him) says to speak well or remain silent.
The present hadith.
The hadith in which the Prophet (peace and blessing be upon him) said to a man asking for advice- “Do not get angry. Do not get angry. Do not get angry.”
“You will not attain true belief until you love for your brother what you love for yourself.”

This hadith outlines a valuable approach to life, especially in our age of information overload and constant connection. In order to recognize the situations in which this characteristic can be applied, you must practice a degree of sensitivity and humility. Shaikh Abdul Fattah Abu Ghuddah mentions that even when someone must cancel an appointment or meeting with you, it is inappropriate to ask why since not every person can or wishes to explain the reason. Al-Hasan Al-Basri once said that one of the signs that Allah has turned away from a servant is that the servant finds himself continuously preoccupied and engaged in matters which are none of his concern.

http://40hadithnawawi.com/index.php/the-hadiths/hadith-12

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (46) (Reply)

Nigerian Pilgrim, Aisha Ahmed, Dies In Saudi Arabia (Photos) / Igbo Woman Proud To Convert To Islam: Says "Islam Has Come To Stay In Igboland" / What's The Islamic Rule On 'istimna' (masturbation)??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.