Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,110 members, 7,814,894 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:20 PM

What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders - Islam for Muslims (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders (56063 Views)

Ramadan Reminders!!! / Healthy Way To Improve Your Voice During Quran Recitation / General Discussion Thread - Islamic Questions, Suggestions & Reminders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Empiree: 3:57am On Feb 12, 2017
Some people cite the verses of the Holy Qur'an which they translate to mean that Allah commands the Prophet to tell the companions that he has no knowledge of the unseen. I was surprised at hearing this and decided to write to you for your view. The stand of the real Ahl al-Sunna with respect to Rasulullah's knowledge of the unseen will be appreciated. Also, what is the belief of Ahl al-Sunna regarding the awliya's knowledge of the unseen?

Al-hamdu lillah wa al-salat wa al-salam `ala rasulillah: Knowledge of the Unseen is one of Allah's prerogatives, exclusive to Him except insofar as He discloses it to His elect servants:

"He discloses not His unseen (ghayb) to anyone, except only to such a Messenger as He is well-pleased with." (72:26)

Al-Hafiz Ibn Hajar al-`Asqalani explained this verse thus:

It follows from this verse that Prophets can see some of the Unseen, and so do the saints (wali, pl. awliya') that follow each particular Prophet also, as each takes from his Prophet and is gifted (yukram) with his knowledge. The difference between the two is that the Prophet looks at this knowledge through all kinds of revelation, while the saint does not look upon it except in dreams or through inspiration, and Allah knows best.

bn Hajar quotes al-Qurtubi's words confirming this:

The truthful, righteous Muslim (al-muslim al-sadiq al-salih) is he whose state matches that of Prophets and thereby is bestowed (ukrima) some of the same kind of gift they were, and that is to behold the unseen (wa huwa al-ittila` `ala al-ghayb). As for the disbeliever (al-kafir), the corrupt person (al-fasiq), and the contentious one who confuses matters for the listeners (al-mikhlat)-- then no.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Empiree: 4:21am On Feb 12, 2017
This One Is Interesting

SALAFI AQEEDA

THE FLAMING FALCON SWOOPING DOWN ON THE DISSENTERS OF THE HANBALI MADHHAB

http://salafiaqeedah..com/2008/09/knowledge.html

Barely seen Salafis talked like this. They usually talk down of the prophet (saw) when it comes to matters of Unseen or related matters.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 5:27am On Feb 12, 2017

by the way "ahlussunah.com" are sufis
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 5:32am On Feb 12, 2017
Empiree:

I'm yet to see a place where it is said from all you copied and pasted that knowledge of the unseen is given to other than the some of the messengers as cited by that verse.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 5:37am On Feb 12, 2017
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 5:55am On Feb 12, 2017
Empiree:
Some people cite the verses of the Holy Qur'an which they translate to mean that Allah commands the Prophet to tell the companions that he has no knowledge of the unseen. I was surprised at hearing this and decided to write to you for your view. The stand of the real Ahl al-Sunna with respect to Rasulullah's knowledge of the unseen will be appreciated. Also, what is the belief of Ahl al-Sunna regarding the awliya's knowledge of the unseen?

Al-hamdu lillah wa al-salat wa al-salam `ala rasulillah: Knowledge of the Unseen is one of Allah's prerogatives, exclusive to Him except insofar as He discloses it to His elect servants:

"He discloses not His unseen (ghayb) to anyone, except only to such a Messenger as He is well-pleased with." (72:26)

Al-Hafiz Ibn Hajar al-`Asqalani explained this verse thus:

It follows from this verse that Prophets can see some of the Unseen, and so do the saints (wali, pl. awliya') that follow each particular Prophet also, as each takes from his Prophet and is gifted (yukram) with his knowledge. The difference between the two is that the Prophet looks at this knowledge through all kinds of revelation, while the saint does not look upon it except in dreams or through inspiration, and Allah knows best.

bn Hajar quotes al-Qurtubi's words confirming this:

The truthful, righteous Muslim (al-muslim al-sadiq al-salih) is he whose state matches that of Prophets and thereby is bestowed (ukrima) some of the same kind of gift they were, and that is to behold the unseen (wa huwa al-ittila` `ala al-ghayb). As for the disbeliever (al-kafir), the corrupt person (al-fasiq), and the contentious one who confuses matters for the listeners (al-mikhlat)-- then no.

ok, this last part is the only thing that brings up what you sufis claim, that Allâh allow other tthan some messengers of Allah the knowledge of the unseen.

you quoting ibn hajar(and he quoting qurtubi), firstly would need it's reference so i can see the proof he provided.

BTW, dreaming is part of prophethood and still remains till this day, this has nothing to do with ilm ghayb, "inspiration while awake"?? what a lousy joke, sounds like some Christian nonsense to me.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Empiree: 6:00am On Feb 12, 2017
AbdelKabir:

I'm yet to see a place where it is said from all you copied and pasted that knowledge of the unseen is given to other than the some of the messengers as cited by that verse.
"knowledge of the unseen", what exactly is your definition?.

I believe i said earlier that is it not as you put it. I said it is divided into two BASICALLY. But it is also break down which i posted. There ahadith that speak of "true dreams and visions". Another hadith speaks of fearing firasa of mumin bcuz he sees with his INTERNAL eyes". unless you want to daif the hadith.

I deliberate not quote it. Search that yourself. Doesn't that ring the bell in your ears?. Besides, read the last part of my post you quoted where Ibn Hajar wrote and confirmed by Imam Qurtubi. I even posted twice but you missed it. Sad that you asked the question again though. You sound like you merely thread this subject and not penetrate it. Just like when we mention Tawheed. We know it is break down. Same goes for karamat. All karamat are solely by Allah's permission, yet he gave His prophets karamat. Yet he gave His waliy karamat but they have levels.

So what does firasa of mumin means to you?. I believe absolutely that Allah may reveal certain things of unseen to people He wills. Usually happens through dream or vision. nabi (saw) said, this is the last part of nabuwa which is being forgotten now
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Empiree: 6:02am On Feb 12, 2017
AbdelKabir:

by the way "ahlussunah.com" are sufis
So? I dont differentiate scholars of Islam except where and when it is necessary. doesnt your statement suggests that you already made up your mind?
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Empiree: 6:09am On Feb 12, 2017
AbdelKabir:

ok, this last part is the only thing that brings up what you sufis claim, that Allâh allow other tthan some messengers of Allah the knowledge of the unseen.

you quoting ibn hajar(and he quoting qurtubi), firstly would need it's reference so i can see the proof he provided.

BTW, dreaming is part of prophethood and still remains till this day, this has nothing to do with ilm ghayb, "inspiration while awake"?? what a lousy joke, sounds like some Christian nonsense to me.
You confused or what?. true dream is something none can see other than you and Allah. And Allah can revealed whatever He wants to you from there unless you have another definition for "knowledge of unseen" bcuz i am lost where you driving this at. And you said it sounds like christian nonsense, very well. We not talking about them. We talking about Islam now.

As for ibn hajar, help yourself bro.

I think you need to re-read the breakdown again. Besides, this is ALL irrelevant bcus it is something personal to whoever individual Allah gives. Itis part of Karamat. It is not every Tom, Dick and Harry. So it is irrelevant for ummah salvation
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 7:07am On Feb 12, 2017
Empiree:
So? I dont differentiate scholars of Islam except where and when it is necessary. doesnt your statement suggests that you already made up your mind?

of course i wasnt telling you, i was telling unsuspecting Muslims so they wont fall for the name of the website.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by ikupakuti(m): 10:53am On Feb 12, 2017
@ empiree,

Slm,

To my own understanding, al-ghaib is what is unknown, unparcieved etc...which is objective

In the Qur‘an GOD has‘ through illustrations expatiate & categorized it into 3

1- What is unkown to one, be it at a particular time or at all times but known to some is regarded to as ghaib to the ignorant...viz- qur‘an 3:44

..in that vs GOD refered to the story of the debate on whos gonna train Nana Maryam as ghaib, which is unknown to the holy Prophet and his companions b4 then but known to the contemporaries of the time. Can we now say the actors of that event are aaliml ghaib? No! Why ? Becos ghaib ceases to be immediately it becomes known (for ghaib will 4eva remain the unknown)

This type of ghaib can be known through the appropiate means which conforms with that field whose “ghaib“ is sought

2- The one thats not revealed except to some choosen few (anbiya, their heirs ) based purely on merit , access to which is offlimits to the laymen, was also refered to as ghaib by GOD, viz- qur‘an 3:45, 46..., 18:65...82, 18:83...98 etc

3- The one thats unknown to all at all times except to GOD alone is also refered to as ghaib viz- qur‘an 6:59, 31:34, 74:31 (knowledge of the hour, sum of his creatures etc.. )

So, in conclusion, if a layman says to you that he has ilmul ghaib, hes only refering to whats khown to him and unknown to you @ the time

...if a prophet or an heir claimes knowledge of ghaib, you know what hes refering to

....if GOD calls himself aaliml ghaib, hes telling you hes in possession of all the three categories of it afore mentioned which makes him the only absolute knower of ghaib

...and as ghaib is classified into 3 so is alqadar too...for it being the flip side of ghaib.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Empiree: 12:17pm On Feb 12, 2017
ikupakuti:
@ empiree,

Slm,

To my own understanding, al-ghaib is what is unknown, unparcieved etc...which is objective

In the Qur‘an GOD has‘ through illustrations expatiate & categorized it into 3

1- What is unkown to one, be it at a particular time or at all times but known to some is regarded to as ghaib to the ignorant...viz- qur‘an 3:44

..in that vs GOD refered to the story of the debate on whos gonna train Nana Maryam as ghaib, which is unknown to the holy Prophet and his companions b4 then but known to the contemporaries of the time. Can we now say the actors of that event are aaliml ghaib? No! Why ? Becos ghaib ceases to be immediately it becomes known (for ghaib will 4eva remain the unknown)

This type of ghaib can be known through the appropiate means which conforms with that field whose “ghaib“ is sought

2- The one thats not revealed except to some choosen few (anbiya, their heirs ) based purely on merit , access to which is offlimits to the laymen, was also refered to as ghaib by GOD, viz- qur‘an 3:45, 46..., 18:65...82, 18:83...98 etc

3- The one thats unknown to all at all times except to GOD alone is also refered to as ghaib viz- qur‘an 6:59, 31:34, 74:31 (knowledge of the hour, sum of his creatures etc.. )

So, in conclusion, if a layman says to you that he has ilmul ghaib, hes only refering to whats khown to him and unknown to you @ the time

...if a prophet or an heir claimes knowledge of ghaib, you know what hes refering to

....if GOD calls himself aaliml ghaib, hes telling you hes in possession of all the three categories of it afore mentioned which makes him the only absolute knower of ghaib

...and as ghaib is classified into 3 so is alqadar too...for it being the flip side of ghaib.
Walaikum salaam. Yea, what i was trying to say actually. Just depends on how people might be able to explain it. Thats why i keep saying ilm ghaib is sub-divided.

JazakaAllahu Khayran
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Empiree: 12:20pm On Feb 12, 2017
AbdelKabir:

of course i wasnt telling you, i was telling unsuspecting Muslims so they wont fall for the name of the website.
"unsuspecting muslims"?. People arent fool. Knowledge is everywhere anyone can pick it up. I dont restrict myself to any group. That's your shortcoming right there.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 1:43pm On Feb 12, 2017
No one should derail my thread angry.

You guys can move your discussion to another thread.

Shukran.

2 Likes

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 1:44pm On Feb 12, 2017
snapscore:
No one should derail my thread angry.

You guys can move your discussion to another thread.

Shukran.

sorry.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 9:34pm On Feb 12, 2017
Empiree:

Even Shaytaan will claim he's ahlul sunnah. Salafs r not elegbe, sufis and co who don't differentiate btw haqq and baatil.

BTW, ur post above r so 'akbaqir' of you. Seek Allaah's guidance, for I see u in 'ona anu'
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Empiree: 10:32pm On Feb 12, 2017
RABIUSHILE04:

Even Shaytaan will claim he's ahlul sunnah. sufis and co who don't differentiate btw haqq and baatil.

BTW, ur post above r so 'akbaqir' of you. Seek Allaah's guidance, for I see u in 'ona anu'
Dont derail her thread. You dont determine who is guided and who is not. Since you already made up your mind that anything coming from non salafi thoughts is nonsense, what else you want to hear?.

Sorry, it is in your mind to claim they dont differentiate haq from batil. Thats your opinion actually. Yet Sufis raised you and thought you about Islam and its truth from polytheism. And now, the worst you can say is they dont distinct truth from falsehood?. Empirre does not discriminates scholars of Islam. You people do. Maybe you need to learn from Sheik Abdul Mojeed Eleha and Sheik Akindele. They are now cooling of after their gra gra on sufis.

Hadith of Akhir zaman has confirmed your sense of reasoning. It says young men in the Last Age will only hold on to superficial or protestant version of islam DEVOIDs of its spiritual insight.

So kontinu

Salafs r not elegbe,
? but they ganged up against Sufi in nigeria all in the name of money from Saudi. What do you call that egbe?. Dont they call themselves alhusunnah as well?. They even call themvelse "we the salafi solih" just to differetiate themselves from muslims. Alhu sunnah or not, i dont belong to any. I am muslim and that's sufficient
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Kazrem(m): 2:55am On Feb 13, 2017
Of all the problems facing Muslims both in Nigeria and the world over, it is Sufism and Salafism that these our two brothers could see? Keep it up.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 3:20am On Feb 13, 2017
^^
Disagree.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 3:21am On Feb 13, 2017
Salam alyakum

@ Aideesheks and AbdelKabir

Can see you guys are both online so let me just remind you it's Monday.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 3:23am On Feb 13, 2017
Surah Al- An'am verse 17

وَإِن يَمْسَسْكَ اللَّهُ بِضُرٍّ فَلَا كَاشِفَ لَهُ إِلَّا هُوَ ۖ وَإِن يَمْسَسْكَ بِخَيْرٍ فَهُوَ عَلَىٰ كُلِّ شَيْءٍ قَدِيرٌ

And if Allah should touch you with adversity, there is no remover of it except Him. And if He touches you with good - then He is over all things competent.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by AideeSheks(m): 6:22am On Feb 13, 2017
snapscore:
Salam alyakum
@ Aideesheks and AbdelKabir
Can see you guys are both online so let me just remind you it's Monday.
Jazakillahu khairan ya ukhti
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 7:28am On Feb 13, 2017
Empiree:
Dont derail her thread. You dont determine who is guided and who is not. Since you already made up your mind that anything coming from non salafi thoughts is nonsense, what else you want to hear?.

Sorry, it is in your mind to claim they dont differentiate haq from batil. Thats your opinion actually. Yet Sufis raised you and thought you about Islam and its truth from polytheism. And now, the worst you can say is they dont distinct truth from falsehood?. Empirre does not discriminates scholars of Islam. You people do. Maybe you need to learn from Sheik Abdul Mojeed Eleha and Sheik Akindele. They are now cooling of after their gra gra on sufis.

Hadith of Akhir zaman has confirmed your sense of reasoning. It says young men in the Last Age will only hold on to superficial or protestant version of islam DEVOIDs of its spiritual insight.

So kontinu

? but they ganged up against Sufi in nigeria all in the name of money from Saudi. What do you call that egbe?. Dont they call themselves alhusunnah as well?. They even call themvelse "we the salafi solih" just to differetiate themselves from muslims. Alhu sunnah or not, i dont belong to any. I am muslim and that's sufficient

Abiiioo, that should have been how rasulullaah and the sahabas should have taken also from Musaylama Al Khazab. Oni irori buruku GBA ni Iwo agbalagba yi.

Muslims that are on the guidance of rasulullaah, his blessed sahabas, tabee'en, tabee'en tabee'en and those on this path only take from tayyib, not from ahlul bidia.

Im not derailing this thread, just forbidding evil. Assalam alaykum.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Kazrem(m): 8:44am On Feb 13, 2017
snapscore:
^^ Disagree.
Ok. ma
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Empiree: 3:39pm On Feb 13, 2017
RABIUSHILE04:

Abiiioo, that should have been how rasulullaah and the sahabas should have taken also from Musaylam Al Khazab. Oni irori buruku GBA ni Iwo agbalagba yi.

Muslims that are on the guidance of rasulullaah, his blessed sahabas, tabee'en, tabee'en tabee'en and those on this path only take from tayyib, not from ahlul bidia.

Im not derailing this thread, just forbidding evil. Assalam alaykum.
Afalataqilun.

Where is ignore button

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 3:57pm On Feb 13, 2017
“They intend to put out the Light of Allaah (i.e. the religion of Islam, this Qur’aan, and Prophet Muhammad) with their mouths. But Allaah will bring His Light to perfection even though the disbelievers hate (it).

He it is Who has sent His Messenger (Muhammad) with guidance and the religion of truth (Islamic Monotheism) to make it victorious over all (other) religions even though the Mushrikoon (polytheists, pagans, idolaters, and disbelievers in the Oneness of Allaah and in His Messenger Muhammad) hate (it)”[al-Saff :8-9]

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 9:18pm On Feb 13, 2017
“I fear the day where disbelievers are proud of their falsehood and Muslims are shy of their faith.”
- Umar ibn al-Khattab

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 4:36pm On Feb 14, 2017
Makhul reported: The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Seek an answer to supplication at the time when two armies meet and when the prayer is established and when the rain falls.”

Ash-Shafi’ee said, “I have learned from more than one teacher to seek an answer to supplication at the time of rainfall and establishing the prayer.”

Source: Al-Umm Ash-Shafi’ee 419

Grade: Hasan according to Al-Alban

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 5:22pm On Feb 14, 2017
This is a reminder to those, who are fond of mixing falsehood with truth while knowing......

Surah Al-Baqara, Verse 42:

وَلَا تَلْبِسُوا الْحَقَّ بِالْبَاطِلِ وَتَكْتُمُوا الْحَقَّ وَأَنتُمْ تَعْلَمُونَ

And do not mix up the truth with the falsehood, nor hide the truth while you know (it).

Surah Al-Baqara, Verse 48:

وَاتَّقُوا يَوْمًا لَّا تَجْزِي نَفْسٌ عَن نَّفْسٍ شَيْئًا وَلَا يُقْبَلُ مِنْهَا شَفَاعَةٌ وَلَا يُؤْخَذُ مِنْهَا عَدْلٌ وَلَا هُمْ يُنصَرُونَ

And be on your guard against a day when one soul shall not avail another in the least, neither shall intercession on its behalf be accepted, nor shall any compensation be taken from it, nor shall they be helped.

Surah Al-Muzzammil, Verse 14:

يَوْمَ تَرْجُفُ الْأَرْضُ وَالْجِبَالُ وَكَانَتِ الْجِبَالُ كَثِيبًا مَّهِيلًا

On the day when the earth and the mountains shall quake and the mountains shall become (as) heaps of sand let loose.

Surah Al-Muzzammil, Verse 17:

يَوْمًا يَجْعَلُ الْوِلْدَانَ شِيبًا

"...........on the day which shall make children grey-headed"

Surah Al-Muddathir, Verse 53-55:

كَلَّا بَل لَّا يَخَافُونَ الْآخِرَةَ

Nay! but they do not fear the hereafter.

كَلَّا إِنَّهُ تَذْكِرَةٌ

Nay! it is surely an admonition.

فَمَن شَاءَ ذَكَرَهُ

So whoever pleases may mind it.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 4:25pm On Feb 15, 2017
Salam alaykum @ Abdelkabir/ Aboo Uthaymen
Friendchoice
Aideesheks
Demmzy15/ Aboo Hamamah
Rabiushile/ Abu Sulaim

Khayf Halikum?

Feels like a long time since I checked on you all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 5:33pm On Feb 15, 2017
snapscore:
Salam alaykum @ Abdelkabir/ Aboo Uthaymen
Friendchoice
Aideesheks
Demmzy15/ Aboo Hamamah
Rabiushile/ Abu Sulaim

Khayf Halikum?

Feels like a long time since I checked on you all.

Wa'alaikumus Salamu Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuhu.

Ni'imal hal. Ana bikhair Alhamdulillah. I saw your MT but the power of sleep could not allow me to reply you. Am done with exam today, so need your personal prayers and the prayer of those in these mention.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by busar(m): 12:07am On Feb 16, 2017
“Whoever enters knowledge alone, will emerge alone (whoever becomes involved in seeking knowledge without a shaykh will emerge without knowledge, because knowledge is a profession, and every profession has its experts, therefore it is necessary to have a proficient teacher in order to learn).” - Al-Haafidh as-Sakhaawee [al-Jawaahir wad-Durar (1/57)]
Copied

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (46) (Reply)

Nigerian Pilgrim, Aisha Ahmed, Dies In Saudi Arabia (Photos) / Igbo Woman Proud To Convert To Islam: Says "Islam Has Come To Stay In Igboland" / What's The Islamic Rule On 'istimna' (masturbation)??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.