Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,846 members, 7,820,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:35 AM

What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders - Islam for Muslims (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders (56313 Views)

Ramadan Reminders!!! / Healthy Way To Improve Your Voice During Quran Recitation / General Discussion Thread - Islamic Questions, Suggestions & Reminders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Coccoh(f): 7:21am On Jan 18, 2017
Abu Hurairah(RA) reported: The prophet(PBUH) said, A man set out to visit a brother (in faith) in another town and Allah sent an angel on his way. When the man met the angel, the latter asked him, "Where do you intend to go?" He said, "I intend to visit my brother in this town. "The angel said, "Have u done any favour to him?" He said, "No, I have no desire except to visit him because I love him for the sake of Allah, the Exalted, and the Glorious. "Thereupon the angel said, I am a messenger to you from Allah(to inform you) that Allah loves you as you love him(for His sake)." (Muslim)

This hadith points out the following;

*The great merit of visiting Muslims for Allah's sake*
*The bond of brotherhood in Islam is much stronger than the bonds of blood relationship and worldly interests and, therefore, comes before them in preference*
*Whoever love someone for Allah's sake, Allah will love him in a manner that suits His Majesty*

Extracted from Riyad-us-Saliheen. Chapter 44 page 130

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 7:59am On Jan 18, 2017
Coccoh:
Abu Hurairah(RA) reported: The prophet(PBUH) said, A man set out to visit a brother (in faith) in another town and Allah sent an angel on his way. When the man met the angel, the latter asked him, "Where do you intend to go?" He said, "I intend to visit my brother in this town. "The angel said, "Have u done any favour to him?" He said, "No, I have no desire except to visit him because I love him for the sake of Allah, the Exalted, and the Glorious. "Thereupon the angel said, I am a messenger to you from Allah(to inform you) that Allah loves you as you love him(for His sake)." (Muslim)

This hadith points out the following;

*The great merit of visiting Muslims for Allah's sake*
*The bond of brotherhood in Islam is much stronger than the bonds of blood relationship and worldly interests and, therefore, comes before them in preference*
*Whoever love someone for Allah's sake, Allah will love him in a manner that suits His Majesty*

Extracted from Riyad-us-Saliheen. Chapter 44 page 130
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jan 18, 2017
The Prophet (peace be upon him) said, "Whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day should not hurt (trouble) his neighbor. And I advise you to take care of the women, for they are created from a rib and the most crooked portion of the rib is its upper part; if you try to straighten it, it will break, and if you leave it, it will remain crooked, so I urge you to take care of the women."
Sahih Al-Bukhari Hadith 7.114 Narrated by Abu Huraira (may Allah be pleased with him)

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jan 18, 2017
I cannot overemphasize on the important roles women play in the ummah. Women are the mothers, daughters, sisters and the bone of every community.The heart of every community lies with the women because they are the ones who raise the youths. They are the ones who the children spend most times with. They are one who instill morals and values in children. They are the ones the husbands return to, lie with and seek solace from.
Therefore the Muslim woman must understand her delicate yet complex role towards herself, her family and her community.

I have always believed that if you want to change a community, start with the women. Now I believe that even more than ever. Recently I was having a discussion with my friend on how having certain instructors who came to 'liberate our conditions' have subconsciously impacted how we view the world. Both of us made mention of similar observations and linked it to having 'certain' non- Muslim instructors as mentors.

Personally, I observed that I began to have more feminists views, disregarded the importance of marriage and importance of having a family. Most importantly I started forgetting that I am not just any woman but that I am special. I am special because I am a Muslim woman. I am special because I believe in Allah and the last day. Hence, I am different. Hence I am unique......... and so are you *if you are a Muslim woman reading this*.

Today we see sisters challenging Islam, saying that Islam is oppressive and restrictive. Challenging the need to travel with a mahram. The need to cover their hair.Some even go as far as stating that Islam is archaic and needs to be reformed. Yes! and these are coming from our sisters in religion.......our daughters and future mothers.....

As I sit and ponder on what has suddenly become of us.....I can't help but honestly ask myself......where did we go wrong? What can we do about it?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jan 18, 2017
Tasawwuf (Soofism) is a shameful deception that begins with Dhikr and ends with Kufr. Its outward manifestation appears to be piety, but its inward reality forsakes the Commandments of Allaah.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by kazeemolami: 6:22am On Jan 19, 2017
Anas bin Malik (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said, "Allah is pleased with His slave who says: 'Al-hamdu lillah (praise be to Allah)' when he takes a morsel of food and drinks a draught of water."

[Muslim].

Riyad as-Salihin
Hadith reference:Book 14, Hadith 4 (The Book of Praise and Gratitude to Allah)
Arabic/English book reference:Book 14, Hadith 1396

1 Like

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jan 19, 2017
Narrated `Abdullah bin `Umar:
Two men came from the East and addressed the people who wondered at their eloquent speeches On that Allah's Messenger (peace and blessing be upon him) said- Some eloquent speech is as effective as magic.' Reference: Sahih al-Bukhari 5767

1 Like

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Kazrem(m): 12:36pm On Jan 20, 2017
Surah Al-Isra, Verse 29:
وَلَا تَجْعَلْ يَدَكَ مَغْلُولَةً إِلَىٰ عُنُقِكَ وَلَا تَبْسُطْهَا كُلَّ الْبَسْطِ فَتَقْعُدَ مَلُومًا مَّحْسُورًا

And let not your hand be tied (like a miser) to your neck, nor stretch it forth to its utmost reach (like a spendthrift), so that you become blameworthy and in severe poverty.
(English - Mohsin Khan)

via iQuran

Lesson: Balance in Islam.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jan 20, 2017
Salam alaykum friendchoice demmzy15 rabiushile04 aideesheks

How are you all doing?

Just thought I'd check on you since everyone has been a little less active.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Demmzy15(m): 3:27pm On Jan 20, 2017
snapscore:

How are you all doing?

Alhamdulillah I'm fine, been busy with exams preparations. I'm starting on Monday and I have papers back to back till Wednesday.

Jazaka Allaah kayran for the remembrance!

2 Likes

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jan 20, 2017
Demmzy15:
Alhamdulillah I'm fine, been busy with exams preparations. I'm starting on Monday and I have papers back to back till Wednesday.

Jazaka Allaah kayran for the remembrance!

May Allah make it easy for you. May HE bless the effort you put in and grant you remembrance and understanding during the exam.

Ameen

Ya iyyaka

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Empiree: 4:37pm On Jan 20, 2017
RABIUSHILE04:
Tasawwuf (Soofism) is a shameful deception that begins with Dhikr and ends with Kufr. Its outward manifestation appears to be piety, but its inward reality forsakes the Commandments of Allaah.
"O you who believe! avoid most of suspicion (against others), for surely suspicion in some cases is sin; and do not spy (into other people's affairs), nor let some of you backbite others." (49:12)

"Do not ascribe purity to yourselves. Allah knows best who is righteous." (53:32)

"It is most hateful in the sight of Allah that you say things which you do not do." (61:3)
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jan 20, 2017
Empiree:
"O you who believe! avoid most of suspicion (against others), for surely suspicion in some cases is sin; and do not spy (into other people's affairs), nor let some of you backbite others." (49:12)

"Do not ascribe purity to yourselves. Allah knows best who is righteous." (53:32)

"It is most hateful in the sight of Allah that you say things which you do not do." (61:3)

from all indications, the brother is talking about the "tasawwuf" the "sufis" of today do.

just a random question, are you sufi??
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jan 20, 2017
making supplications is ibaadah, and ibadaah is tawqeefi¹

footnote:

1.) tawqeefi means, its harâm to worship Allâh, except if there is a prescribed way of doing the particular act of worship you wish to perform.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Empiree: 5:11pm On Jan 20, 2017
[quote author=AbdelKabir post=52979492]

from all indications, the brother is talking about the "tasawwuf" the "sufis" of today do.

Am not a kid.

As said by Imam of masjid I patronize, he belongs to Alhaidth himself and he said

"Sufi of today is not like sufi of thos days

Alahadith of today are not alhadith of those days

Shi'as of today are not like those days.

Salaf of today are not like those days"

^^

that's just fair critism of him. Here on he other hand, you have tragressed beyind limit. Hence, you have separated yourselves from the body and clasified yourselves as "save sect" by constantly throwing stones at others you fee are "misguided". This make you unpopular undecided

just a random question, are you sufi??

"I am a sufi as long as tasawwuf indicates the purification of the soul with mandated acts of obedience to God accompanied by voluntary acts performed seeking Divine proximity. I am a sufi as long as tasawwuf means struggling to overcome the ego and emigrating from sin, due to the saying of Prophet Muhammad (God bless and grant peace to him and his family): 'The true emigrant is the one who emigrates from sin and the true warrior is the one who battles against base desires.'

"I am a sufi as long as tasawwuf means indifference to what is with people and yearning for that which is with God. And I am a sufi only if tasawwuf signifies the unveiling of unseen realities and inspired knowledge of God the Creator.

^^^

That answers your random question
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jan 20, 2017
Empiree:

And I am a sufi only if tasawwuf signifies the unveiling of unseen realities and inspired knowledge of God the Creator.

confirmed!

Allâh musta'aan.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Empiree: 5:39pm On Jan 20, 2017
AbdelKabir:

confirmed!

Allâh musta'aan.
Good
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jan 20, 2017
قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه و سلم من كان يؤمن بالله واليوم الاخر فليقل خيرا او ليصمت

The messenger of Allâh sallallâhu aleihe wa sallam said: whoever believes in Allâh and the last day, he should better say things that are good otherwise he should keep shut.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jan 20, 2017
snapscore:

How are you all doing?

MashaAllah. I am busy with some notorious tests. Wa'alaikumussalam Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jan 20, 2017
FriendChoice:

MashaAllah. I am busy with some notorious tests. Wa'alaikumussalam Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.

Thought as much too.

May Allah make it easy for you and grant you success.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jan 20, 2017
snapscore:

Thought as much too.

May Allah make it easy for you and grant you success.

Yeah and exam start 30th Jan. Ameen and I wish you the same our honourable nurse.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Kazrem(m): 9:15pm On Jan 20, 2017
My Ustaz, may Allah increase his knowledge, once wrote this poem for me long time ago. It could be helpful.

ليس التصوف بالفوة# من قال ذاك فذا غلت

إن التصوف يا أخي# صفو الفواد عن شطت

Translation:

Sufism is not by wearing big garment.#
Whoever that says that has exaggerated what Sufism is.

Surely what Sufism is, my brother#
To purify one's heart from all evils.

cc: Empiree
AbdelKabir
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jan 20, 2017
snapscore:

How are you all doing?

Maa shaa Allaah... Allaahu musta'an yah ukhtii
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Empiree: 1:56am On Jan 21, 2017
Kazrem:
My Ustaz, may Allah increase his knowledge, once wrote this poem for me long time ago. It could be helpful.

ليس التصوف بالفوة# من قال ذاك فذا غلت

إن التصوف يا أخي# صفو الفواد عن شطت

Translation:

Sufism is not by wearing big garment.#
Whoever that says that has exaggerated what Sufism is.

Surely what Sufism is, my brother#
To purify one's heart from all evils.

cc: Em.piree
AbdelKabir
Abeg, tell them again.

When they hear "sufi", they jump off the couch. I don tell them a million times say it is not a sect but spiritual heart of islam but them no gree. What is used in kitab and sunnah for tasawuf is "ihsan"

It means these brothers do not understand basics

2 Likes

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jan 21, 2017
The Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) explained that love for the sake of Allah and hate for the sake of Allah are among the signs of faith. Abu Dawood (4681) narrated from Abu Umaamah (may Allah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “Whoever loves for the sake of Allaah and hates for the sake of Allaah, gives for the sake of Allaah and withholds for the sake of Allaah, will have perfected his faith.”

Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Kazrem(m): 7:13pm On Jan 21, 2017
Surah An-Nisa, Verse 93:

And whoever kills a believer intentionally, his recompense is Hell to abide therein, and the Wrath and the Curse of Allah are upon him, and a great punishment is prepared for him.

1 Like

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Demmzy15(m): 8:55pm On Jan 21, 2017
Akhee FriendChoice the name is officially taken, so from today, I'm Aboo Hamamah Muhammad== أبو حمامة محمد cool

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by AideeSheks(m): 9:16pm On Jan 21, 2017
snapscore:

How are you all doing?

Wa alaykum salam warahmatullah.
I've been good. Gradually adapting to the new environment.
Jazakillahu khairan

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jan 21, 2017
Demmzy15:
Akhee FriendChoice the name is officially taken, so from today, I'm Aboo Hamamah Muhammad== أبو حمامة محمد cool

maa shaaa Allaah.... let's spread this sunnah.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by AbuHammaad: 11:13pm On Jan 21, 2017
Demmzy15:

Hahaha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by AbuHammaad: 11:21pm On Jan 21, 2017
Speaking of Kunya, I adopted one after I listened to a lesson delivered in ustadh Abdul Ghaniy's halqah. Before then, I used to think one must have a child to have a Kunya. He cited examples of different companions of the prophet whom the prophet gave Kunya even before they had children. He also gave the example of ummul Mu'mineen Aisha (RA)

I'm still a very young man but that Abuhammaad has stuck. I look forward to birthing Hammaad after I get married smiley . May Allah make it a reality
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 12:12am On Jan 22, 2017
Demmzy15:

Am honoured by this. Stay blessed.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (46) (Reply)

Nigerian Pilgrim, Aisha Ahmed, Dies In Saudi Arabia (Photos) / Igbo Woman Proud To Convert To Islam: Says "Islam Has Come To Stay In Igboland" / What's The Islamic Rule On 'istimna' (masturbation)??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.