Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,458 members, 7,836,809 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:59 PM

What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders - Islam for Muslims (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders (56572 Views)

Ramadan Reminders!!! / Healthy Way To Improve Your Voice During Quran Recitation / General Discussion Thread - Islamic Questions, Suggestions & Reminders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 11:23pm On Jan 24, 2017
snapscore:

Yeah jazakallahu Khyran...

@busar I realized I didn't tell you jazakllahu Khyran. Was a little busy then. Jazakallahu Khyran for taking the time to explain.

Maa shaaa Allaah. Wa iyakum.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 11:26pm On Jan 24, 2017
snapscore:
“The greatest reward comes with the greatest trial. When Allaah loves a people He tests them. Whoever accepts that wins His pleasure but whoever is discontent with that earns His wrath.” Narrated by al-Tirmidhi (2396) and Ibn Maajah (4031); classed as hasan by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi.

This was the base of our last yaumal ahad halqah WHR I stay.

Only few will understand the lesson in this hadith. Shukran.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jan 24, 2017
It will indeed be pathetic if you come to realize that your curses is from the reasons why Nigeria remain under hardship.
Padlock your mouth If you can't pray for the safety and comfort of the nation.
Faarooq Bn Ismaa'eel Al-egbaawi
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 11:37pm On Jan 24, 2017
Aboo Sufyan
Don't just keep repenting with your tongue but nothing else changes. Do it from the heart. Feel it. Show Him you're doing it sincerely

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by busar(m): 12:32am On Jan 25, 2017
Wa anti fajazaakillahu khayran @ snapscore
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jan 25, 2017
A good dua to guard your chastity;

اللهم اغفر ذنبي و طهر قلبي و حصن فرجي

Allâhumagfir dhanmbee wa tohhir qolbee wa hassin farjee

Oh Allâh forgive my sins and cleanse my heart and protect my private part.

2 Likes

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jan 25, 2017
Assalam alaykum warahmatullaah wabarakatuhu.

Is it that we don't know music is haram ?

I saw a brother's thread on the front page promoting what's haraam.

We should always rmb, we'll account for everything we did when we were in this dunya.

Fear Allaah, fear Allaah, fear Allaah.

Allaah never forgets.

If someone dies in this situation now, will ur social media be against you or for you?

#This made me sad. Allaahu musta'an.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jan 27, 2017
Surah Ash- Sharah verse 5

فَإِنَّ مَعَ الْعُسْرِ يُسْرًا

For indeed, with hardship [will be] ease.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jan 27, 2017
your speech inside you is your prisoner, once it comes out! you become its prisoner....

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jan 28, 2017
Surah AL- Hadid verse 16

أَلَمْ يَأْنِ لِلَّذِينَ آمَنُوا أَن تَخْشَعَ قُلُوبُهُمْ لِذِكْرِ اللَّهِ وَمَا نَزَلَ مِنَ الْحَقِّ وَلَا يَكُونُوا كَالَّذِينَ أُوتُوا الْكِتَابَ مِن قَبْلُ فَطَالَ عَلَيْهِمُ الْأَمَدُ فَقَسَتْ قُلُوبُهُمْ ۖ وَكَثِيرٌ مِّنْهُمْ فَاسِقُونَ

Has the time not come for those who have believed that their hearts should become humbly submissive at the remembrance of Allah and what has come down of the truth?And let them not be like those who were given the Scripture before, and a long period passed over them, so their hearts hardened; and many of them are defiantly disobedient.

May Allah rectify the condition of the ummah. Ameen
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Demmzy15(m): 3:39pm On Jan 28, 2017
When intellect (or personal opinion) is given preference and precedence over Shar`ee Text

﴿ ﻗَﺎﻝَ ﺳَﺂﻭِﻱ ﺇِﻟَﻰٰ ﺟَﺒَﻞٍ ﻳَﻌْﺼِﻤُﻨِﻲ ﻣِﻦَ ﺍﻟْﻤَﺎﺀِ﴾

{(The son) replied: "I will betake myself to a mountain, it will save me from the water."}
This is using one's intellect

﴿ﻗَﺎﻝَ ﻟَﺎﻋَﺎﺻِﻢَ ﺍﻟْﻴَﻮْﻡَ ﻣِﻦْ ﺃَﻣْﺮِ ﺍﻟﻠَّﻪِ ﺇِﻟَّﺎﻣَن ﺭَّﺣِﻢَ﴾

{(Noah) said: "This day there is no saviour from the Decree of Allaah except him on whom He has mercy."}
This is Revelation

﴿ﻭَﺣَﺎﻝَ ﺑَﻴْﻨَﻬُﻤَﺎ ﺍﻟْﻤَﻮْﺝُ ﻓَﻜَﺎﻥَ ﻣِﻦَ ﺍﻟْﻤُﻐْﺮَﻗِﻴﻦَ﴾

{And a wave came in between them, so he (the son) was among the drowned.}

This is the end result
[Surah Hood (11):43]

#Anyone who gives preference to his intellect over the Textual evidences from the Qur’aan and the Sunnah will drown in the darknesses of desires and Bid`ah

Ibn Taymiyyah رحمه الله said:
❝Whoever gets in the habit of opposing the Text with his intellect, Imaan will not remain in his heart for long.❞ ﺩﺭﺀ ﺍﻟﺘﻌــﺎﺭﺽ 1/ 178

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jan 29, 2017
On the authority of an-Nu’man ibn Basheer (may Allah be pleased with him) who said: I heard the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessing be upon) say, “That which is lawful is clear and that which is unlawful is clear, and between the two of them are doubtful matters about which many people do not know. Thus he who avoids doubtful matters clears himself in regard to his religion and his honor, but he who falls into doubtful matters [eventually] falls into that which is unlawful, like the shepherd who pastures around a sanctuary, all but grazing therein. Truly every king has a sanctuary, and truly Allah’s sanctuary is His prohibitions. Truly in the body there is a morsel of flesh, which, if it be whole, all the body is whole, and which, if it is diseased, all of [the body] is diseased. Truly, it is the heart.” [Bukhari & Muslim]

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jan 29, 2017
It was narrated by Imam Ahmad (may Allah be pleased with him), Bukhari, and Muslim, on the authority of Ibn ‘Abbas (may Allah be pleased with him), that the Prophet Of Allah, r, encouraged the saying of this supplication at the time of distress: La illaha il Allah al-Haleem al-Kareem, La Illaha Il Allah Rabb al-‘Arsh al-‘Adheem, La Illaha il Allah Rabb al-Samawat al-Sabi‘ wa Rabb al-‘Arsh al-Kareem (there is none worthy of worship except Allah the Gentle and Generous. There is none worthy of worship except Allah the Lord of the Great Throne. There is none worthy of worship except Allah the Lord of the Seven Heavens and the Lord of the Generous Throne.)"

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 3:22am On Jan 30, 2017
Everything Is Cursed Except For Dhikr And The Seeker Of 'Ilm.

ﻗﺎﻝ ﺭﺳﻮﻝ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﺻﻠﻰ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﻋﻠﻴﻪ ﻭﺳﻠﻢ : ﺇﻥ ﺍﻟﺪﻧﻴﺎ ﻣﻠﻌﻮﻧﺔ ﻣﻠﻌﻮﻥ ﻣﺎ ﻓﻴﻬﺎ ﺇﻻ ﺫﻛﺮ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﻭﻣﺎ ﻭﺍﻻﻩ ﻭﻋﺎﻟﻤﺎ ﺃﻭ ﻣﺘﻌﻠﻤﺎ

The Messenger of Allâh(sallallâhu aleihe Wa Sallam) said: “Indeed, the world is cursed and whatever it contains is cursed except for the remembrance (Dhikr) of Allâh and what facilitates it and a scholar or a student of knowledge.”

from sahih al-Jaami’ al-sagheer no. 1609.

May Allâh Subhaanahu wa ta'aala always facilitate us in being the student of the Qur'an and understanding the sunnah of our beloved Prophet Muhammad(sallallâhu aleihe wa sallam). And then spreading this divine knowledge amongst the people so much so that He grasps our soul while we are engaged in either studying or teaching His deen Ameen.

Know oh brothers and sisters that there is no other great blessing than the blessing of Islam for which Allâh Has chosen you amongst many many others.

Alhamdulillâh on the blessing of eeman and Islam Ya Allâh.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 4:45am On Jan 30, 2017
^^

I don't know why reading that hadith made me so happy.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 8:22am On Jan 30, 2017
يقول الله: و من يتق الله يجعل له مخرجا و يرزقه من حيث لا يحتسب

Allâh says;

Whoever fears Allâh(keeping his duties to HIM) He will make a way for him to get out(from difficulties), and provide for him from the least place he could imagine.(Quran, suratul talaq).

in essence when you fear Allâh as he should be feared, he will always make a way for you from where you thought there is no way.

2 Likes

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 7:28am On Jan 31, 2017
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jan 31, 2017
Surah Al-Kahf, Verse 17:
...ِ مَن يَهْدِ اللَّهُ فَهُوَ الْمُهْتَدِ وَمَن يُضْلِلْ فَلَن تَجِدَ لَهُ وَلِيًّا مُّرْشِدًا

...He whom Allah guides, is rightly guided; but he whom He sends astray, for him you will find no Wali (guiding friend) to lead him (to the right Path).
(English - Mohsin Khan)

via iQuran

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 6:45am On Feb 01, 2017
AbdelKabir:
Surah Al-Kahf, Verse 17:
...ِ مَن يَهْدِ اللَّهُ فَهُوَ الْمُهْتَدِ وَمَن يُضْلِلْ فَلَن تَجِدَ لَهُ وَلِيًّا مُّرْشِدًا

...He whom Allah guides, is rightly guided; but he whom He sends astray, for him you will find no Wali (guiding friend) to lead him (to the right Path).
(English - Mohsin Khan)

via iQuran

And the power to guide does not belong to anyone but Allah.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 6:49am On Feb 01, 2017

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 7:13am On Feb 01, 2017
Wasn't sure where to post this because I didn't want to derail other threads but I thought it was a nice read.

https://islamqa.info/en/82968

Before reading this, I was like well it isn't obligatory especially if someone think they won't be able to manage the responsibilities. Now I am just like.....well I dunno. Let's see where life takes us.

You will have to read to find out what it means

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 4:52pm On Feb 01, 2017
Do not raise your children to provide for you. Raise them to worship Allah & provisions will always come."
-Sheikh Uthaymin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 7:55pm On Feb 01, 2017
Abu Ad-Darda reported: The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Whoever memorizes ten verses from the beginning of Surah Al-Kahf will be protected from the False Messiah.”

In the narration of Shu’bah, the Prophet said, “…from the last ten verses of Surah Al-Kahf.”

Source: Sahih Muslim 809

Grade: Sahih (authentic) according to Muslim

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 7:55pm On Feb 01, 2017
Just another quick reminder that tomorrow is thursday

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 7:56pm On Feb 01, 2017
On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessing be upon him) said:
The gates of Paradise will be opened on Mondays and on Thursdays, and every servant [of Allah] who associates nothing with Allah will be forgiven, except for the man who has a grudge against his brother. [About them] it will be said: Delay these two until they are reconciled; delay these two until they are reconciled. It was related by Muslim (also by Malik and Abu Dawud).

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 4:29pm On Feb 02, 2017
A man came and stood at the door of the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him), asking permission to enter, and he stood at the door – ‘Uthmaan said: facing the door. The Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: ““(Stand) like this or like this (i.e., to one side or other of the door), for seeking permission is enjoined only so as to prevent looking.” Narrated by Abu Dawood (5174); classed as saheeh by al-Albaani.

2 Likes

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Kazrem(m): 10:02am On Feb 03, 2017
Surah Aal-e-Imran, Verse 92:
لَن تَنَالُوا الْبِرَّ حَتَّىٰ تُنفِقُوا مِمَّا تُحِبُّونَ وَمَا تُنفِقُوا مِن شَيْءٍ فَإِنَّ اللَّهَ بِهِ عَلِيمٌ

By no means shall you attain Al-Birr (piety, righteousness, etc., it means here Allah's Reward, i.e. Paradise), unless you spend (in Allah's Cause) of that which you love; and whatever of good you spend, Allah knows it well.
(English - Mohsin Khan)

via iQuran

1 Like

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 11:02am On Feb 03, 2017
How long are you going to continue to rely on a translator to understand your religion?! Sacrifice and start learning Arabic now!

Aboo Sufyan

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 7:26pm On Feb 03, 2017
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 7:27pm On Feb 03, 2017
Salaat al-tawbah (the prayer of repentance)-

Let's keep the sunnah going.

Abu Dawood (1521) narrated that Abu Bakr al-Siddeeq (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: “There is no one who commits a sin then purifies himself well and stands and prays two rak’ahs, then asks Allaah for forgiveness, but Allaah will forgive him. Then he recited this verse: ‘And those who, when they have committed Faahishah (illegal sexual intercourse) or wronged themselves with evil, remember Allaah and ask forgiveness for their sins; — and none can forgive sins but Allaah — and do not persist in what (wrong) they have done, while they know’ [Aal ‘Imraan 3:135].” Classed as sahaah by al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by busar(m): 8:10pm On Feb 03, 2017
Dear guardians! Do you really need to send your Hijab-clad daughters, sisters, nieces and wives to the street – in contravention of Allaah's explicit injunction, "and stay in your houses and make not a dazzling display, like that of the former times of Ignorance" (Al-Ahzaab 33) just to show some ignorant Muslims or some non-Muslims the importance of Hijaab? By Allaah, you don't need to!
Teach them pristine Islaam and show them its beauty and the practicability of its teachings through your actions and words, they will realise the importance of Hijaab!
Attempting to show how important Hijaab is by sending women to the streets on a procession is not only a shortcut that leads nowhere; it is also counterproductive in that it could earn you Allaah's wrath!
#Abdur-Raafiu Al imaam

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 4:15pm On Feb 04, 2017
The Messenger of Allaah (sallaAllaahu alayhi wa sallam) said:

Of the people of Hell there are two types whom I have never seen, the one possessing whips like the tail of an ox and they flog people with them. The second one, women who would be naked in spite of their being dressed, who are seduced (to wrong paths) and seduce others with their hair high like humps. These women would not get into Al-Jannah and they would not perceive its odor, although its fragrance can be perceived from such and such distance.

Saheeh Muslim

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (46) (Reply)

Nigerian Pilgrim, Aisha Ahmed, Dies In Saudi Arabia (Photos) / Igbo Woman Proud To Convert To Islam: Says "Islam Has Come To Stay In Igboland" / What's The Islamic Rule On 'istimna' (masturbation)??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.