Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,592 members, 7,958,825 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 04:07 AM

What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders - Islam for Muslims (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders (58713 Views)

Ramadan Reminders!!! / Healthy Way To Improve Your Voice During Quran Recitation / General Discussion Thread - Islamic Questions, Suggestions & Reminders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 8:34am On May 25, 2017

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Mofpearl: 4:26pm On May 25, 2017
Waiting for reports on the moon...........

1 Like

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Mofpearl: 4:12pm On May 26, 2017
The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to tell his Companions the good news of the onset of Ramadaan, and urge them to make the most of it. Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: “The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, ‘There has come to you Ramadaan, a blessed month. Allaah has made it obligatory on you to fast (this month). During it the gates of Paradise are opened and the gates of Hell are locked, and the devils are chained up. In it there is a night that is better than a thousand months, and whoever is deprived of its goodness is deprived indeed.’” (Reported by al-Nisaa'i, 4/129; Saheeh al-Targheeb, 1/490)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Coccoh(f): 10:53am On May 27, 2017
*Narrated by Abu Huraira (Radi-Allahu 'anhu):*

*Allah's Apostle (Sallallahu 'Alaihi Wa Sallam) said, "Anybody who believes in Allah and the Last Day should not harm his neighbour, and anybody who believes in Allah and the Last Day should entertain his guest generously and anybody who believes in Allah and the Last Day should talk what is good or keep quiet. (i.e. abstain from all kinds of evil and dirty talk)."*

*[Al-Bukhari Vol. 8 : No. 47].*

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Mofpearl: 2:02pm On May 27, 2017
I prefer this translation to sahih international. And I don't have enough time to type.

**Modified*

إِنَّ الَّذِينَ أَجْرَمُوا كَانُوا مِنَ الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا يَضْحَكُونَ - 83:29
Verily (during this worldly life) those who committed crimes used to laugh at those who believed.

وَإِذَا مَرُّوا بِهِمْ يَتَغَامَزُونَ - 83:30
And whenever they passed by them, used to wink one to the other (in mockery)

وَإِذَا انقَلَبُوا إِلَىٰ أَهْلِهِمُ انقَلَبُوا فَكِهِينَ - 83:31
And when they returned to their own people they would return jesting

وَإِذَا رَأَوْهُمْ قَالُوا إِنَّ هَٰؤُلَاءِ لَضَالُّونَ - 83:32
And when they saw them they said: Verily these have indeed gone astray

وَمَا أُرْسِلُوا عَلَيْهِمْ حَافِظِينَ - 83:33
But they (disbelievers, sinners) had not been sent as guardians over them (believers)

فَالْيَوْمَ الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا مِنَ الْكُفَّارِ يَضْحَكُونَ - 83:34
But This Day those who believe will laugh at the disbelievers

عَلَى الْأَرَائِكِ يَنظُرُونَ - 83:35
On (high) thrones, looking (at all things)

هَلْ ثُوِّبَ الْكُفَّارُ مَا كَانُوا يَفْعَلُونَ - 83:36
Are the disbelievers not paid (fully) for what they used to do

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 2:11pm On May 27, 2017
Mofpearl:
I prefer this translation to sahih international. And I don't have enough time to type.

I hope its readable?

Memorized suratul mutaffifeen?
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Mofpearl: 2:18pm On May 27, 2017
AbdelKabir:

Memorized suratul mutaffifeen?

No but I have been searching for a female Qur'an tutor who can help me with both Tajweed and memorization. I will be very honest I have memorized from An-Nas to Al ghasiyah then the first 30 ayats of al Muddathir and the first 20 something ayats of An-Naba. The first 15 ayats of abaqarah + last 2 and the first ten ayats of surah al-khaf.

Other than that nope but I can read and I am not fluent reader.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 2:42pm On May 27, 2017
Mofpearl:

No but I have been searching for a female Qur'an tutor who can help me with both Tajweed and memorization. I will be very honest I have memorized from An-Nas to Al ghasiyah then the first 30 ayats of al Muddathir and the first 20 something ayats of An-Naba. The first 15 ayats of abaqarah + last 2 and the first ten ayats of surah al-khaf.

Other than that nope but I can read and I am not fluent reader.

May Allaah make it easy for you....

Was only asking because that was the surah you posted just now as a picture...

1 Like

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Mofpearl: 2:45pm On May 27, 2017
AbdelKabir:

May Allaah make it easy for you....

Was only asking because that was the surah you posted just now as a picture...

Ameen

I just didn't want anyone thinking I have memorized a huge part of the Qur'an.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by realjane: 5:17pm On May 27, 2017
In response to the post below. There is a difference between arrogance and confidence: Confidence is a trust and strong belief in ones ability. That can sometimes be mistaken for arrogance.

On Arrogance and Extravagance

Arrogance means feeling proud of one's achievement, position, wealth, beauty, intelligence, knowledge, etc to the extent of dispising others as inferior

Suratul Luqman verse 18-19 warns us against pride as follows "And do not turn your cheek [in contempt] toward people and do not walk through the earth exultantly. Indeed, Allah does not like everyone self-deluded and boastful"

1 Like

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Mofpearl: 6:09pm On May 27, 2017
Salam alaykum @Abdelkabir

What is the ruling on eid prayer? I have always been of the opinion that it wasn't obligatory but that's also because its easier.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 6:30pm On May 27, 2017
Mofpearl:
Salam alaykum @Abdelkabir

What is the ruling on eid prayer. I have always been of the opinion that it wasn't obligatory but thats also because its easier.

Even tho there are dispute among the scholars, I personally lean to the view that it is not fard kifaayah for men but fard ayn, because of a hadeeth found in both bukhaari and Muslim....

Fard kifaayah is communal obligation, I.e if we find some people doing it, then its sufficient..

Fard ayn is individual obligation, which every single Muslim should do....
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Mofpearl: 6:35pm On May 27, 2017
AbdelKabir:

Fard ayn is individual obligation, which every single Muslim should do....

Why?

Is there a difference between the ruling for men and women?
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 6:46pm On May 27, 2017
Mofpearl:

Why?

Is there a difference between the ruling for men and women?

From what I've understood from statement of scholars, its not obligatory on women....but its recommended they go, due to that same hadeeth:

Here is that from Imam Muslim;

He (the Messenger of Allaah) commanded us that we should take out unmarried women and purdah-observing ladies for 'Id prayers, and he commanded the menstruating women to remain away from the place of worship of the Muslims.

That from imam bukhaari;

Hafsa said, 'We used to forbid our young women to go out for the two `Id prayers. A woman came and stayed at the palace of Bani Khalaf and she narrated about her sister whose husband took part in twelve holy battles along with the Prophet (ﷺ) and her sister was with her husband in six (out of these twelve). She (the woman's sister) said, "We used to treat the wounded, look after the patients and once I asked the Prophet, 'Is there any harm for any of us to stay at home if she doesn't have a veil?' He said, 'She should cover herself with the veil of her companion and should participate in the good deeds and in the religious gathering of the Muslims.' When Um `Atiya came I asked her whether she had heard it from the Prophet. She replied, "Yes. May my father be sacrificed for him (the Prophet)! (Whenever she mentioned the Prophet (ﷺ) she used to say, 'May my father be sacrificed for him) I have heard the Prophet (ﷺ) saying, 'The unmarried young virgins and the mature girl who stay often screened or the young unmarried virgins who often stay screened and the menstruating women should come out and participate in the good deeds as well as the religious gathering of the faithful believers but the menstruating women should keep away from the Musalla (praying place).' " Hafsa asked Um `Atiya surprisingly, "Do you say the menstruating women?" She replied, "Doesn't a menstruating woman attend `Arafat (Hajj) and such and such (other deeds)?"
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 6:47pm On May 27, 2017
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Mofpearl: 6:51pm On May 27, 2017
AbdelKabir:

From what I've understood from statement of scholars, its not obligatory on women....but its recommended they go, due to that same hadeeth:

Here is that from Imam Muslim;

He (the Messenger of Allaah) commanded us that we should take out unmarried women and purdah-observing ladies for 'Id prayers, and he commanded the menstruating women to remain away from the place of worship of the Muslims.

That from imam bukhaari;

Hafsa said, 'We used to forbid our young women to go out for the two `Id prayers. A woman came and stayed at the palace of Bani Khalaf and she narrated about her sister whose husband took part in twelve holy battles along with the Prophet (ﷺ) and her sister was with her husband in six (out of these twelve). She (the woman's sister) said, "We used to treat the wounded, look after the patients and once I asked the Prophet, 'Is there any harm for any of us to stay at home if she doesn't have a veil?' He said, 'She should cover herself with the veil of her companion and should participate in the good deeds and in the religious gathering of the Muslims.' When Um `Atiya came I asked her whether she had heard it from the Prophet. She replied, "Yes. May my father be sacrificed for him (the Prophet)! (Whenever she mentioned the Prophet (ﷺ) she used to say, 'May my father be sacrificed for him) I have heard the Prophet (ﷺ) saying, 'The unmarried young virgins and the mature girl who stay often screened or the young unmarried virgins who often stay screened and the menstruating women should come out and participate in the good deeds as well as the religious gathering of the faithful believers but the menstruating women should keep away from the Musalla (praying place).' " Hafsa asked Um `Atiya surprisingly, "Do you say the menstruating women?" She replied, "Doesn't a menstruating woman attend `Arafat (Hajj) and such and such (other deeds)?"

I read somewhere *I think islamqa but I don't remember* that it was obligatory and I think this hadith was used to interpret that it was.

Anyways jazakallahu Khyran.

Modified*
Read islamqa before but it confused me so i just went with the opinion that it wasn't obligatory. Also because of the hadith about 5 daily prayers being the only obligatory prayers.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Mofpearl: 6:55pm On May 27, 2017
Read the link. Jazakallahu Khyran

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 6:59pm On May 27, 2017
Mofpearl:

I read somewhere *I think islamqa but I don't remember* that it was obligatory and I think this hadith was used to interpret that it was.

Anyways jazakallahu Khyran.

Modified*
Read islamqa before but it confused me so i just went with the opinion that it wasn't obligatory.

Whenever such issues arises and I'm not sure, I always remember the hadeeth of nu'man ibn basheer radiyallaahu anhu: verily halal is clear and haraam is clear, and between it are unclear issues of which many people don't know about, so whoever fears(i.e go far from) unclear issues he has preserved his deen and honour, and whoever always enters unclear issues will eventually enter haraam...

So pick what you feel its safer and your mind is at peace with...
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 2:11am On May 28, 2017
After fasting for 18 hours, it's appropriate to break the fast as the Messenger Sallalahualihiwasallam did:

❝The thirst has gone, the veins are moist, and the reward is established In Shā Allāh.❞

- ذَهَبَ الظَّمَأُ، وَابْتَلّتِ العُروق، وَثَبَتَ الأجْرُ إِنْ شاءَ الله -

Transliteration:
Zhahabadh-dhama’u, wabtalatil urooqu, wa thabatal ajru, inshaa’ Allah

Upon the authority of Marwaan Ibn Saalim who Narrated from Ibn Umar.

Hadeeth Source:
[Declared Hasan by al-Albaani - Sunan Abi Dawud (2357) - Translated By Abu Hakeem Bilal Davis, Irwa al Ghalil (4/39) - via Daar us Sunnah, Ahmad & Al-Baihaqee - via Salafi Publications]
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by AbooUthaymeen(m): 5:21am On May 28, 2017
We ask Allaah to make this Ramadaan turn the non practising Muslims into practising Muslims, Muslims on the methodology of the prophet sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam, up to their death...... aameen.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Coccoh(f): 7:14am On May 28, 2017
Ramadan Day Two

Leave No Stone unturned in Getting Reward

Allaah has made fasting Ramadaan and spending its nights in prayer out of faith and in the hope of reward a means of forgiveness of sins, as was proven in al-Saheehayn (al-Bukhaari, 2014; Muslim, 760) from the hadeeth of Abu Hurayrah according to which the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever fasts Ramadaan out of faith and in the hope of reward, his previous sins will be forgiven.”

And al-Bukhaari and Muslim also narrated from Abu Hurayrah that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever spends the nights of Ramadaan in prayer out of faith and in the hope of reward, his previous sins will be forgiven.” 

Acts of good deeds that can earn us reward in this blessed month are numerous. The one who hopes to benefit from the blessings of Allaah in this month will do everything possible to achieve this. Hence, let's leave no stone unturned in doing good deeds that will help us accumulate reward. May Allaah make it easy for us and reward us abundantly.

Aameen

1 Like

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by AbooUthaymeen(m): 12:50pm On May 28, 2017
*Fasting Purifies The Heart From Cheating And Hatred*

From Ibn Abbas [رضي الله عنه] who said that the Messenger of Allaah [ﷺ] said:

﴿صوم شهر الصبر وثلاثة أيام من كل شهر يذهبن وَحَرُ الصدور.﴾‏

❝Fasting the month of patience and three days from every month removes hatred, anxiety and whisperings from the hearts.❞

[Collected By al-Bazzar And Albaani Declared It To Be Hasan Saheeh In Saheeh Targheeb, (No. 1032) | Translated By Abbas Abu Yahya Miraath al-Anbiyya]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 3:07pm On May 28, 2017
Surah Al-Baqara, Verse 169:
إِنَّمَا يَأْمُرُكُم بِالسُّوءِ وَالْفَحْشَاءِ وَأَن تَقُولُوا عَلَى اللَّهِ مَا لَا تَعْلَمُونَ

[Shaitan (Satan)] commands you only what is evil and Fahsha (sinful), and that you should say against Allah what you know not.
(English - Mohsin Khan)

via iQuran
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 3:11pm On May 28, 2017
Surah Al-Baqara, Verse 175:
أُولَٰئِكَ الَّذِينَ اشْتَرَوُا الضَّلَالَةَ بِالْهُدَىٰ وَالْعَذَابَ بِالْمَغْفِرَةِ فَمَا أَصْبَرَهُمْ عَلَى النَّارِ

Those are they who have purchased error at the price of Guidance, and torment at the price of Forgiveness. So how bold they are (for evil deeds which will push them) to the Fire.
(English - Mohsin Khan)

via iQuran
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Alennsar(f): 3:43pm On May 28, 2017
FIRST REMINDER. Sunday. 2nd day of Ramadhan. ANGER MANAGEMENT WHILST FASTING. Bismillahir Rahmaanir Raheem. Once a young man approached the Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wasallah) and asked him for some advice. The Prophet replied, “Do not become angry,” and he repeated this three times. On another occasion the Prophet asked his companions, “Do you know who the strong person is?” His companions replied, “The one who is able to wrestle others down.” The Prophet responded, “No, it is the one who is able to control their anger. There are so many wisdoms from the Prophet specifically advising against anger, all reflecting the Qur’anic description of the righteous as those who “hold in check their anger” (3:134). The advice is much needed. Indeed, some of the worst actions committed by human beings from killing to domestic abuse are, at least partly, a result of unbridled anger. This month is the right time to fight out the evil of anger from our way of life. We will look into how Allah and His Messenger taught us how to handle this evil companion in us in my afternoon reminder in shaa Allah. My dua is with all brothers and sisters. May Allah aid us through our little efforts to please HIM and accept our little efforts. Aameen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Mofpearl: 3:48pm On May 28, 2017
Ameen
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 7:50pm On May 28, 2017
After reading the Quran for today one thing i can say is that after Tawheed, Allaah reminds us a lot that he is with the patient ones......

2 Likes

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Mofpearl: 5:03pm On May 29, 2017
Thought I'd post this here as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jetUWGTGnNY
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Mofpearl: 1:11pm On May 30, 2017
The Messenger (peace be upon him) said:

Indeed the first people who will be judged on the Day of Resurrection are: a man who died as a martyr. He will be brought forth, and He (Allah) will make His favors known to him and he will acknowledge them. Allah will say: What did you do with them? He will say: I fought in Your cause until I died as a martyr. Allah will say: You have lied. Rather, you fought in order to be said that you are brave, and that was said. Then a command will be passed regarding him and he will be dragged along on his face until he is cast into Hellfire.

And a man who acquired knowledge and taught it (to others), and learned the Qur’an and taught it (to others). He will be brought forth, and He (Allah) will make His favors known to him and he will acknowledge them. Allah will say: What did you do with them? He will say: I obtained knowledge and taught it and recited the Qur’an for Your sake. Allah will say: you have lied. Rather, you acquired knowledge so as to be said that you are a knowledgeable man and recited the Qur’an so as to be said that you are a reciter, and that was said. Then a command will be passed regarding him and he will be dragged along on his face until he is cast into Hellfire.

And a man whom Allah increased his provision and granted every type of wealth. He will be brought forth, and He (Allah) will make His favors known to him and he will acknowledge them. Allah will say: What did you do with them? He will say: I left no way in which You like money to be spent without spending in it for Your sake. Allah will say: you have lied. Rather, you did that in order to be said that you are a generous man, and that was said. Then a command will be passed regarding him and he will be dragged along on his face until he is cast into Hellfire.[Reported by Muslim (1905) from the narration of Abu Hurairah radhi Allaahu anhu]
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Mofpearl: 1:17pm On May 30, 2017
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Alennsar(f): 2:21pm On May 30, 2017
Bismillahi Walhamdulillahi Was Salaatu Was Salaam 'ala Rasulillah

Harithah bin Wahb (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: I heard the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) saying, "Shall I not inform you about the people of Jannah? It is every person who is, modest and humble (before Allah), a person who is accounted weak and is looked down upon but if he adjures Allah, Allah will certainly give him what he desires. Now shall I not inform you about the inmates of Hell? It is every violent, impertinent and proud man." [Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

1 Like

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Coccoh(f): 6:08pm On May 30, 2017

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (46) (Reply)

Millions Of Kano Muslims Ignore Social Distancing At Friday Prayers / Muslim Boy Prayers In Front Of RCCG Church / More Photos From Today's Mecca Stampede That Killed At Least 220 People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.