Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,605 members, 7,823,636 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:44 PM

What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders - Islam for Muslims (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders (56355 Views)

Ramadan Reminders!!! / Healthy Way To Improve Your Voice During Quran Recitation / General Discussion Thread - Islamic Questions, Suggestions & Reminders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Mofpearl: 8:55pm On Jun 24, 2017
Eid Mubarak!

Taqabbala Allaah minna wa minkum

cc: Coccoh Marhyaam Alennsar
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Mofpearl: 7:20am On Jun 25, 2017
It was narrated that ‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him) said that ‘Umar took a brocade cloak that was for sale in the market and brought it to the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), and said, “O Messenger of Allaah, buy this and adorn yourself with it for Eid and for receiving the delegations.” The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said to him, “Rather this is the dress of one who has no share (of piety or of reward in the Hereafter)…” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 948.

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) agreed with ‘Umar on the idea of adorning oneself for Eid, but he denounced him for choosing this cloak because it was made of silk.

It was narrated that Jaabir (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) had a cloak which he would wear on the two Eids and on Fridays. Saheeh Ibn Khuzaymah, 1756,

Al-Bayhaqi narrated with a saheeh isnaad that Ibn ‘Umar used to wear his best clothes on Eid.

So a man should wear the best clothes that he has when going out for Eid.

With regard to women, they should avoid adorning themselves when they go out for Eid, because they are forbidden to show off their adornments to non-mahram men. It is also haraam for a woman who wants to go out to put on perfume or to expose men to temptation, because they are only going out for the purpose of worship.

*Let's also not forget the Takbeer today

1 Like

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Alennsar(f): 7:34am On Jun 25, 2017
Alhamdulillah! Alhamdulillah!! Alhamdulillah Robbul Ala'amin.

Today is a day I am making dua's for all those I truly love and deeply care about, Alhamdulillah Rabbil A'alameen.I ask Allah in His infinite Mercy to bless you. "To bless your heart" - To bless your life - To bless your health - To bless your home - To bless your family - To bless Your work - To bless Your means of earning daily bread - To bless Your spiritual life - To bless Your finances, plans and projects with outcomes that are beneficial for Your Deen, Your Dunya and Your Akhira. Allahumma Aa'meen Ya Hayuu-ul-Qayuum biramatika astaghisu.

Eid Mubarak everyone..........******

1 Like

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Coccoh(f): 7:27pm On Jun 25, 2017
Mofpearl:
Eid Mubarak!

Alhamdulillah " Taqabbal Allahu minna wa minkum". May Allah accept every act of our ibadah thrghout the Ramadan & beyond #AMIN . EID MUBARAK!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Marhyaam(f): 9:28pm On Jun 25, 2017
Mofpearl:
Eid Mubarak!

ALHAMDULLILAHI......May Almighty Allah accept our deeds as an act of ibadah (AMEEN)
How have you been?
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Mofpearl: 9:35pm On Jun 25, 2017
Marhyaam:

ALHAMDULLILAHI......May Almighty Allah accept our deeds as an act of ibadah (AMEEN)
How have you been?

All good alhamdulliah. How about you?
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Marhyaam(f): 9:59pm On Jun 25, 2017
Mofpearl:

All good alhamdulliah. How about you?
Alhamdulillahi. .....take care of yourself

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Mofpearl: 10:02pm On Jun 25, 2017
Marhyaam:

Alhamdulillahi. .....take care of yourself

Thanks kiss kiss kiss

Will do sis kiss
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Coccoh(f): 7:23am On Jun 26, 2017
Who is Better?

“A man was mentioned in the presence of the Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) for his worship and his striving in it, and another man was mentioned for his cautious piety. So the Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said: ‘Nothing is equal to cautious piety.’” [Jami at-Tirmidhi]

Who is better?

On one hand is a man who works hard on his supererogatory acts of worship, performing Sunnah, Nafl, and Tahajjud prayers, reciting the Quran, doing much Dhikr, but not staying clear of Haraam or doubtful matters. On the other hand is a man who performs the Fard acts of worship and not much of the supererogatory, but is careful not to approach the limits set by Allah (subhana wa ta’ala), and stays clear of Haraam, Makruh and doubtful matters.

This hadith tells us that the person who is careful in refraining from things displeasing to Allah (subhana wa ta’ala) is far better than the one who exerts himself in acts of worship but also indulges in matters of questionable lawfulness.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Mofpearl: 3:34am On Jun 27, 2017
Surah Layl verse 4

إِنَّ سَعْيَكُمْ لَشَتَّىٰ - 92:4
Indeed, your efforts are diverse (for different reasons and purposes).

Intention is very important. Actions may be similar but their purposes are different. Like the prophet(peace and blessing be upon him) mentioned -“The reward of actions depends upon the intentions and every person will get the reward according to what he has intended. Thus, he whose migration was for Allah and His Messenger, his migration was for Allah and His Messenger, and he whose migration was to achieve some worldly benefit or to take a woman in marriage, his migration was for that which he migrated.”(Bukhrari and Muslim).

Similarly Allah says “Whoever desires the life of this world and its adornments - We fully repay them for their deeds therein, and they therein will not be deprived”[Hood 11:15].
Ibn Jareer at-Tabari said: Whoever does a righteous deed seeking worldly gain, whether it is fasting, praying, or tahajjud at night, doing it only for the sake of worldly gain, Allah says: I shall give him what he is seeking in this world of reward, but his deeds that he did for worldly gain will be rendered invalid, and in the hereafter he will be among the losers. End quote from Jaami‘ al-Bayaan (12/347).

So if you perform an action for praises, fame and worldly gain, you will get just that. However, you perform an action to earn the pleasure of Allah (subhanu wa ta ala) then there is hope for a better reward both in this worldly life and the hereafter.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Mofpearl: 3:43am On Jun 27, 2017
Virtues of fasting six days of shawwal

Fasting six days of Shawwaal after the obligatory fast of Ramadaan is Sunnah Mustahabbah, not waajib. It is recommended for the Muslim to fast six days of Shawwaal, and in this there is great virtue and an immense reward. Whoever fasts these six days will have recorded for him a reward as if he had fasted a whole year, as was reported in a saheeh hadeeth from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). Abu Ayyoob (may Allaah be pleased with him) reported that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever fasts Ramadaan and follows it with six days of Shawwaal, it will be as if he fasted for a lifetime.” (Narrated by Muslim, Abu Dawood, al-Tirmidhi, al-Nisaa’i and Ibn Maajah).

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) explained this when he said: “Whoever fasts for six days after (Eid) al-Fitr has completed the year: (whoever does a good deed (hasanah) will have ten hasanah like it).” According to another report: “Allaah has made for each hasanah ten like it, so a month is like fasting ten months, and fasting six days completes the year.” (al-Nisaa’i and Ibn Maajah. See also Saheeh al-Targheeb wa’l-Tarheeb, 1/421). It was also narrated by Ibn Khuzaymah with the wording: “Fasting for the month of Ramadaan brings the reward of ten like it, and fasting for six days brings the reward of two months, and that is the fasting of the whole year.”

The Hanbali and Shaafa’i fuqaha’ explained that fasting six days of Shawwaal after fasting Ramadaan makes it as if one has fasted for an entire year of obligatory fasts, because the multiplication of the reward applies even to naafil fasts, because each hasanah brings the reward of ten like it.

Another of the important benefits of fasting six days of Shawwaal is that is makes up for any shortfall in a person's obligatory Ramadaan fasts, because no one is free of shortcomings or sins that have a negative effect on his fasting. On the Day of Resurrection, some of his naafil deeds will be taken to make up the shortcomings in his obligatory deeds, as the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The first thing for which people will be brought to account on the Day of Resurrection will be their salaah (prayer). Our Lord, may He be glorified and exalted, will say to His angels – although He knows best – ‘Look at the salaah of My slave, whether it is complete or incomplete.’ If it is perfect, it will be recorded as perfect, and if something is lacking, He will say, ‘Look and see whether My slave did any voluntary (naafil) prayers.’ If he did some voluntary prayers, [Allaah] will say, Complete the obligatory actions of My slave from his voluntary actions.’ Then all his actions will be dealt with in a similar manner.” (Narrated by Abu Dawood).

And Allaah knows best.

https://islamqa.info/en/7859

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 8:26am On Jun 27, 2017
Narrated by 'Abdullaah bin 'Amr bin Al-'As:
Allaah's messenger sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam said to me, " Do not be like so and so who used to pray at night and then stopped the night prayer." (Bukhari and Muslim)

1 Like

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 9:28am On Jun 27, 2017
However, most people still misconstrue one's confidence as arrogance.

realjane:

In response to the post below. There is a difference between arrogance and confidence: Confidence is a trust and strong belief in ones ability. That can sometimes be mistaken for arrogance.

On Arrogance and Extravagance

Arrogance means feeling proud of one's achievement, position, wealth, beauty, intelligence, knowledge, etc to the extent of dispising others as inferior

Suratul Luqman verse 18-19 warns us against pride as follows "And do not turn your cheek [in contempt] toward people and do not walk through the earth exultantly. Indeed, Allah does not like everyone self-deluded and boastful"
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Mofpearl: 4:10pm On Jun 27, 2017
One of the best things I have read today *modified it a bit alot*

1)When you go yourself go to shaytan, he welcomes you warmly and you'd be surprise by how easy it is to sin. Sins have a snowball effect. One sin leads to another which leaders to another like a chain reaction. Free yourself from useless thoughts and curiosity. It's impossible to jump in the ocean without getting wet. If you think something will be fitnah for you SHUT THE DOOR. Never overestimate your iman. This is regarding all aspects of the deen- for example, don't go to dubious shaykhs/website to seek knowledge when you yourself don't have knowledge. You may go thinking that you will reject the false things but you really don't know what will stick in your heart. You really don't know what shaytan will use to cast doubts into your hearts.

2) I was able to witness a discussion about reading the Qur'an. The discussion was more of Qur'an quantity VS Quality. I favored the opinion one should recite the Qur'an when the environment is conducive and the heart is able to accept the message. Basically, reading the Qur'an should come from the heart and shouldn't feel like a chore and shouldn't just be words passing my throat, my heart should be involved. However, the other opinion was regardless what the heart feels- we should always read the Qur'an. Sometimes we may feel like we aren't in the mood or we are exhausted but when we start reading, our heart gets involved. But this wouldn't have happened if we didn't pick it up in the first place. Additionally, by waiting for the right time to read the Qur'an, we open the door for shaytan's waswas and would be cutting ourselves short on reward.

Now the reason I'm mentioning this is that humans generally tend to be antagonistic to things they don't like or enjoy or feel like doing. Sometimes we tend to do things only when it's convenient and only when it's easy to do. Whereas in reality, Jannah isn't surrounded by ease. In many places in the Qur'an Allah uses the word "strive". Striving is something that requires effort, struggle and endurance. It's not something that comes easy and it requires patience. When you strive it gets easier.... the struggle doesn't last for ever.. with hardship comes ease but we need to persevere and be patient. And at times when the motivation isn't there....to keep striving, knowing that it does get better and easier.

3) Lastly, I think sometimes all we need to do is start and not think about if achieving the end goal is possible. Because sometimes, the end goal looks impossible. Will I ever become a scholar? Will I ever become fluent in Arabic? Will I ever be consistent in praying Tahajud? So instead of thinking will I be able to read 3 pages of the Qur'an? How about just pick it up and see how far we go, keeping in mind that we need to strive, make dua and know that Allah help us?

1 Like

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jun 28, 2017
Could learn one or two things...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpteLUEwfq4
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Alennsar(f): 8:36pm On Jun 28, 2017
*Daily Hadith*

Bismillahi Was Salaatu Was Salaam 'ala Rasulillah

Jarir bin 'Abdullah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: We were with Messenger of Allah (PBUH) shortly after dawn when there came to him some people clad in woollen rags, or covered with sleeveless blankets; and with swords hanging down from their necks. Most of them rather, all of them, belonged to the Mudar tribe. The face of the Prophet (PBUH) changed when he saw them starving. Then he went into his house and came out; then he commanded Bilal (may Allah be pleased with him) to proclaim Adhan (call to prayers). So he proclaimed Adhan and recited Iqamah and the Prophet (PBUH) led the Salat. Then he delivered a Khutbah saying, "O mankind! Be dutiful to your Rubb, Who created you from a single person (Adam), and from him (Adam) He created his wife (Eve), and from them both He created many men and women; and fear Allah through Whom you demand your (natural) rights, and do not sever the relations of kinship. Surely, Allah is ever an All-Watcher over you." (4:1) He also recited the ayah which is in the end of Surat Al-Hashr: "O you who believe! Fear Allah and keep your duty to Him. And let everyone look what he has sent forth for the tomorrow." (59:18). Thereafter, every man gave in charity Dinar, Dirham, clothes, measures full of wheat and measures full of dates till he said: "Give in charity be it half a date." Then a man of the Ansar came with a bag which was difficult for him to hold in his hand. Thereafter, the people came successively (with charity) till I saw two heaps of food and clothes. I noticed that the face of Messenger of Allah (PBUH) was glowing like that of the bright moon or glittering gold. Then he (PBUH) said, "Whosoever introduces a good practice in Islam, there is form him its reward and the reward of those who act upon it after him without being diminished from their rewards. And whosoever introduces an evil practice in Islam, will shoulder its sins and the sins of all those who will act upon it without diminishing in any way their burden." [Muslim].v

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jun 29, 2017
A forgotten sunnah

A hadeeth From Abu Hurairah, may Allaah be pleased with him, in marfoo’ form, “The expiation for every argument/dispute is two units of prayer.”

Silsilatu As-Saheehah, vol. 4, p.397.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Mofpearl: 5:13pm On Jun 29, 2017
I hope it's readable?

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Mofpearl: 12:16am On Jul 01, 2017
The Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم said: ‘Everyone is a shepherd and everyone of you will be questioned about his flock… and a woman is a shepherd over her husband’s house and she will be questioned about her flock’.

1 Like

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by AbooUthaymeen(m): 8:33pm On Jul 01, 2017
Always Ask Allāh For Thabāt (Firmness) Upon Islām | Ḥadeeth Benefit

عن أنس رضي الله عنه قال كان رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم يكثر أن يقول : يا مقلب القلوب ثبت قلبي على دينك ، فقلت : يا رسول الله آمنا بك وبما جئت به فهل تخاف علينا ؟ قال : نعم إن القلوب بين أصبعين من أصابع الله يقلبها كيف يشاء

Narrated from Anas Raḍi-Allāhu 'Anhu that the Messenger of Allāh Ṣallallāhu-'Alaihi Wa Sallam used to say abundantly:

“Yaa Muqallib al-Quloob Thabbit Qalbee 'Alaa Deenik.”

(O Turner of the hearts, keep my heart firm upon Your Religion).

So I asked him: “O Messenger of Allāh, we have believed in you and everything which you have been sent with, so are you afraid for us?”, he (Ṣallallāhu-'Alaihi Wa Sallam) replied: “YES, indeed the hearts are between two Fingers from the Fingers of Allāh, He turns them however He Wills.”

● [صححه الألباني في صحيح الترمذي ٢١٤٠،

Authenticated by al-Albānī in Ṣaḥīḥ at-Tirmidhī no. 2140]

Note : Sh. Ibn Bāz Raḥimahullāh said Allāh has affirmed Hand and Fingers for Himself and they are in a manner which befits Him and His Majesty and they are NOT like the hands and fingers of the creation, also it is narrated from Imām Wakī' b. al-Jarrāḥ Raḥimahullāh that he said: “We ACCEPT these narrations (which mention Allāh's Attributes) how they came and we DO NOT say how is this is and how is this not.” • [Source: as-Sunnah of Imām Aḥmad]

Translator: Sameeullaah Sameeullaah (AbooMaryamm)

1 Like

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Mofpearl: 10:00pm On Jul 01, 2017
Sahih Bukhari
Narrated by Abu Huraira: I have loved the people of the tribe of Bani Tamim ever since I heard, three things, Allah's Apostle said about them. I heard him saying, These people (of the tribe of Bani Tamim) would stand firm against Ad-Dajjal." When the Sadaqat (gifts of charity) from that tribe came, Allah's Apostle said, "These are them Sadaqat (i.e. charitable gifts) of our folk." 'Aisha had a slave-girl from that tribe, and the Prophet said to 'Aisha,"Manumit her as she is a descendant of Ishmael (the Prophet)."

Comment:-Ibn Hajr al-Asqalaanee said, "This hadeeth also contains a clear mention of the excellence and superiority of Bani Tameem." [Fatha al-bari 5/217]
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Mofpearl: 1:34am On Jul 02, 2017
Surah Al-Imran, Verse 159:
فَبِمَا رَحْمَةٍ مِّنَ اللَّهِ لِنتَ لَهُمْ وَلَوْ كُنتَ فَظًّا غَلِيظَ الْقَلْبِ لَانفَضُّوا مِنْ حَوْلِكَ فَاعْفُ عَنْهُمْ وَاسْتَغْفِرْ لَهُمْ وَشَاوِرْهُمْ فِي الْأَمْرِ فَإِذَا عَزَمْتَ فَتَوَكَّلْ عَلَى اللَّهِ إِنَّ اللَّهَ يُحِبُّ الْمُتَوَكِّلِينَ

And by the Mercy of Allah, you dealt with them gently. And had you been severe and harsh-hearted, they would have broken away from about you; so pass over (their faults), and ask (Allah's) Forgiveness for them; and consult them in the affairs. Then when you have taken a decision, put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him).

Very beautiful.

1 Like

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Mofpearl: 2:52am On Jul 02, 2017
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Alennsar(f): 6:38am On Jul 02, 2017
Mofpearl:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt4jjs2RnJ8

its very true op cos sumtyms even in my prayer I do have sum doubts
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Mofpearl: 10:02am On Jul 02, 2017
Alennsar:

its very true op cos sumtyms even in my prayer I do have sum doubts

If it constantly happens, then don't pay attention to it.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Mofpearl: 10:38am On Jul 02, 2017
One time Mu’awiyah bin Al-Hakam, may Allaah be pleased with him, came while the Prophet was leading the people in prayer. So one man sneezed and said: “AlHamdulillaah.” (Note: If one of you sneezes while in prayer then he should say AlHamdulillaah, regardless of whether he is in the standing position or the bowing position or in prostration. This man (in prayer) said “Al-Hamdulillaah, so Mu’awiyah responded: “YarhamukAllaah.” But this is considered speaking and it invalidates the prayer. So the people began to stare and look at him. So Mu’awiyah said: “May my mother be bereaved of me.” This means for the mother to be lost. This is a statement that is said but for which it’s meaning is not intended. Then Mu’awiyah continued to pray. After he finished praying, the Prophet (sallAllaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) called him. Mu’awiyah said: “By Allaah, I did not see a teacher better at instructing than him.” May Allaah send His peace and blessings on him. He said: “By Allaah, he was not harsh with me nor did he scold me, he only said: ‘Speaking to people is not correct while in the prayer. It is only for tasbeeh (saying SubhaanAllaah), takbeer (saying Allaahu Akbar) and reciting of the Qur’aan.’” Or it is as he (sallAllaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said. Saheeh Muslim

1 Like

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Mofpearl: 10:52am On Jul 02, 2017
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Alennsar(f): 12:18pm On Jul 02, 2017
Mofpearl:

If it constantly happens, then don't pay attention to it.

thanks sister av made dua about it and I also realize dat its happens whenever my mind is not settled.

so it is beta to put ones mind together bfore starting salat.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Mofpearl: 12:23pm On Jul 02, 2017
Alennsar:

thanks sister av made dua about it and I also realize dat its happens whenever my mind is not settled.

so it is beta to put ones mind together bfore starting salat.

You are right. Settling the mind before salat is important.
Sis I emailed you yesterday. I wanted to ask about how you were doing.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Alennsar(f): 12:30pm On Jul 02, 2017
Mofpearl:

subhanallah and av been thinking about dat too since yesterday.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Alennsar(f): 12:40pm On Jul 02, 2017
Mofpearl:

av replied your mail
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Mofpearl: 3:44pm On Jul 02, 2017
Alennsar:

av replied your mail

Seen and responded.

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (46) (Reply)

Nigerian Pilgrim, Aisha Ahmed, Dies In Saudi Arabia (Photos) / Igbo Woman Proud To Convert To Islam: Says "Islam Has Come To Stay In Igboland" / What's The Islamic Rule On 'istimna' (masturbation)??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.