Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,911 members, 7,838,248 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 06:01 PM

Dating Ur Friend's Ex: , - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating Ur Friend's Ex: , (2215 Views)

This Is What My Friend's Ex Sent To Him / Dear Nairalanders Can U Date Someone Ur Friend Have Dated And Broken Up With / WHY Can't A Girl Date Her Friend's Ex? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dating Ur Friend's Ex: , by Megac: 10:36pm On Sep 23, 2009
Hey all,
This is often seen as a clear cut no, but like most tings in life i feel there is a gray area to it, or is there? Now the question is, is it right to date one's friend's ex? i mean particularly when u had no hand in the break up. for ladies its like an unspoken rule, friend's ex re no go area, but then again i wonder does love respect these boundaries for real?,
Re: Dating Ur Friend's Ex: , by naijaguy2(m): 10:43pm On Sep 23, 2009
Why must you date your friend's ex, don't try it at all, cos you will always remain the devil they see all the time embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Dating Ur Friend's Ex: , by Megac: 10:46pm On Sep 23, 2009
What if u had nothin at all to do wit them breakin up?
Re: Dating Ur Friend's Ex: , by baybbootz(f): 11:10pm On Sep 23, 2009
I think it depends on the state ov affairs at wich they broke up. If they broke up on good terms it ok to go ahead, bt if it was on bad terms thats a no-go area.
Courtsy olso demands u let ur fwen knw the state ov affairs btween u n hs/her ex, then ask him 4 d go ahead.
Re: Dating Ur Friend's Ex: , by ndcide(m): 11:13pm On Sep 23, 2009
guy its not healthy at all. a lot of funny things happen in such relationship. it may look nice ok but from history it hurts like hot coal.
Re: Dating Ur Friend's Ex: , by posakosa(m): 12:48am On Sep 24, 2009
Mega c:

Hey all,
  This is often seen as a clear cut no, but like most tings in life i feel there is a gray area to it, or is there? Now the question is, is it right to date one's friend's ex? i mean particularly when u had no hand in the break up. for ladies its like an unspoken rule, friend's ex re no go area, but then again i wonder does love respect these boundaries for real?,

Try it and see if you will not give yourself a heart attack.

You go to the grocery store, you leave your man at home to get something quickly at the store,  and your friend comes to visit, her ex lets her in,  and then its just her and him in your house/apt,  then you will come and create another NL post,  undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Dating Ur Friend's Ex: , by baybbootz(f): 12:53am On Sep 24, 2009
You go to the grocery store, you leave your man at home quickly, and your friend comes to visit, her ex lets her in, and then its just her and him in your house/apt, then you will come and create another NL post,

quite cofusing, kud u xplain n make it clear
Re: Dating Ur Friend's Ex: , by posakosa(m): 1:00am On Sep 24, 2009
Mega is dating A boy who is her friend's ex. <B> Mega and B are still friends.

Mega is dating B's ex. What will happen to Mega when she sees her boyfriend constantly with his ex B, who is her friend, although B and Mega's boyfriends are just friend.s If Mega doesn't have the confidence, she may not really trust her friend, as a result will have to let go of one of the relationships,

Its quite difficult, to stay friends with someone whose ex u're dating. <thats the point I was trying to make.>
Re: Dating Ur Friend's Ex: , by posakosa(m): 1:02am On Sep 24, 2009
This is not friends or one of those American tv shows. We are talking about people with real feelings here,
Re: Dating Ur Friend's Ex: , by baybbootz(f): 1:14am On Sep 24, 2009
well xplained. understood. smiley
Re: Dating Ur Friend's Ex: , by Megac: 9:00am On Sep 24, 2009
Yea truth is dat wud be a very uncomfortable and infact troublin situation, knowing what they both had and shared in the past. Hmmm, this is really not a clear cut thing. Wisdom plays an imortant role here.
Re: Dating Ur Friend's Ex: , by julianH(m): 9:12am On Sep 24, 2009
No matter under what premise they break up, YOU HAVE NO REASON DATING YOUR FRIEND'S EX!

The implication?

If you end up dating as friend's ex, it (simply) means that even while they were still together you had had eyes for him/her.

It is like a drunken brother or son who insults you; HE IS NOT INSULTING YOU BECAUSE HE WAS DRUNK! The drink only gave him the courage to insult you as he had it in mind to insult you!

I am an advocate and a big fan of love but sorry this is a no-no situtation.

You have no (just) cause to date a friend's ex - Except if you dont respect that friend.
Re: Dating Ur Friend's Ex: , by C2H5OH(f): 9:14am On Sep 24, 2009
There are far too many angles of analysis for me on this one so Ima grab a chair and lol while I read away.
Re: Dating Ur Friend's Ex: , by whitelexi(m): 9:27am On Sep 24, 2009
Will i date my guy's ex babe. . .  No! Thats a violation of principle 15
Will i date my ex babe's girlfriend. . .  Emphatically YES!

Girl's may have their own rules but a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do, so if i'm dating u and u're giving me hell all day long and i discover your friend will deliver peace of mind, I will call it quits with u and date her - plus it helps if she's more sexy too grin grin grin

Life is too short for time to be wasted carelessly.
Re: Dating Ur Friend's Ex: , by sesman(m): 9:34am On Sep 24, 2009
i give my 100% support to the above statement, grin
Re: Dating Ur Friend's Ex: , by popsonbabs(m): 11:38am On Sep 24, 2009
Either u know what cause their breakup, it is a crime 4 u to go out wit your friend ex babe. Its simply means dat u have being praying 4 their break up so that you can take the advantage. My guy dont try it is not good oooooooooooo
Re: Dating Ur Friend's Ex: , by Megac: 6:39pm On Sep 24, 2009
LOLLLL, whitelexi thats some very interestin and crazy point u got there dude, lolz!!!
Re: Dating Ur Friend's Ex: , by platinumnk(f): 6:41pm On Sep 24, 2009
wont do it
Re: Dating Ur Friend's Ex: , by whitelexi(m): 10:18am On Sep 25, 2009
Mega c:

LOLLLL, whitelexi thats some very interestin and crazy point u got there dude, lolz!!!

Nothing crazy about it oh, it makes no sense wanting to do it but dying in silence cos it feels bad, I will "just do it" because "impossible is nothing" grin grin grin

For goodness sakes, she could be the one! Maybe God has used your ex babe to get u to meet your missing rib - did u ever look at it that way? I've never been a slacker, and finding the right words is not a problem for me.
Re: Dating Ur Friend's Ex: , by sayso: 11:44am On Sep 25, 2009
I saw this live when growing up in the ghetto,both guys were happy with it but we the friends always thought it was bad,maybe we were kids then but I still think it is wrong.
Re: Dating Ur Friend's Ex: , by Druss(m): 11:56am On Sep 25, 2009
Hmm let me put it like this!!

1) You are dating Girl A. Girl B is Girl A's friend.

2) You and Girl B have never met or never spoken to each other.

3) Girl A and Girl B speak once in a blue moon however Girl A has spoken to you about Girl B.

4) Girl A breaks up with you to get engaged to another Guy.

5) You and Girl B meet up, like each other and start dating.

Is there anything wrong there?

Because I see nothing wrong. Friendships should not deter you from dating your true love. If people want to talk let them talk.
Re: Dating Ur Friend's Ex: , by sayso: 12:02pm On Sep 25, 2009
based on your assertion you are  ok to date her,but the poster did  not mention it that way,but what if the two guys are friends and the girl knew them both or vis a vis.
Re: Dating Ur Friend's Ex: , by iice(f): 5:35pm On Sep 27, 2009
Mega c:

Hey all,

Is it a gray area? I think it depends on the person.
For me it is clear cut. No dating within the circle.
Re: Dating Ur Friend's Ex: , by CrazyMan(m): 6:14pm On Sep 27, 2009
Its not advisable because it could lead to cheating.

Let me give an example.

Mr a and miss B are dating; (miss B is extremly beautiful) and I'm mr A's best friend; along the line, mr A and miss B break up. Mr A travels out of the state and I immediately claim possession of miss B.

I and miss B begin a new relationship; few months later, mr A comes back to the state and decides to pay me a visit; unfortunately I'm not at home but my new girl friend miss B (his ex) answers the door.

Mr A looks at her beauty and regret why he left her; she ushers him in and they begin a lenghty discussion, at the end mr A is fully convinced that the biggest mistake in his life was him leaving miss B.

They fininsh discussing and mr A gives her his number; miss B begins to play the hard to get role. After much pressure miss B collects the number. I arrive home later in the day and miss B tells me about mr A's visit (but she doesn't tell me that she gave him her number) a few days later, mr A begins to call and beg miss B; miss B is now very confused she loves me, and she loves Mr A. She doesn't know what to do; she comes to Nairaland and starts a thread about her condition, but all she get is insults and mockery; so she begins to cheat on me.

I begin to notice a change of attitude in miss B; I confront her about it but she lies to me and I believe her because I love her so much. I come back from work one day earlier than the usual time and I find them both in bed; I feel very bad and cry within myself but she tells me she still has feelings for mr A.

I have no other option than to let the two love birds continue their love movie.

So if you ask me, I'd say dating your friends ex isn't a good idea.
Re: Dating Ur Friend's Ex: , by TheSeeker(m): 6:25pm On Sep 27, 2009
Whether or not they break up in good terms is not a barrier. I can date his ex-girlfriend, but the question is how long have they been apart from each other? It ain't like I'm going to start dating her 3 weeks after their breakup as if I've been waiting for it to happen.

I don't owe anyone any explanation for dating her, and if my friend wants to throw a fit about it then he should be ready to tell me why he let her go; he should as well be ready to tell me what difference I make from other men that would have dated her; he will also tell me why she has suddenly become a cynosure to him.
Re: Dating Ur Friend's Ex: , by Nobody: 6:27pm On Sep 27, 2009
CrazyMan:

Its not advisable because it could lead to cheating.

Let me give an example.

Mr a and miss B are dating; (miss B is extremly beautiful) and I'm mr A's best friend; along the line, mr A and miss B break up. Mr A travels out of the state and I immediately claim possession of miss B.

I and miss B begin a new relationship; few months later, mr A comes back to the state and decides to pay me a visit; unfortunately I'm not at home but my new girl friend miss B (his ex) answers the door.

Mr A looks at her beauty and regret why he left her; she ushers him in and they begin a lenghty discussion, at the end mr A is fully convinced that the biggest mistake in his life was him leaving miss B.

They fininsh discussing and mr A gives her his number; miss B begins to play the hard to get role. After much pressure miss B collects the number. I arrive home later in the day and miss B tells me about mr A's visit (but she doesn't tell me that she gave him her number) a few days later, mr A begins to call and beg miss B; miss B is now very confused she loves me, and she loves Mr A. She doesn't know what to do; she comes to Nairaland and starts a thread about her condition, but all she get is insults and mockery; so she begins to cheat on me.

I begin to notice a change of attitude in miss B; I confront her about it but she lies to me and I believe her because I love her so much. I come back from work one day earlier than the usual time and I find them both in bed; I feel very bad and cry within myself but she tells me she still has feelings for mr A.

I have no other option than to let the two love birds continue their love movie.

So if you ask me, I'd say dating your friends ex isn't a good idea.

Dies at the "highlighted" comment. grin Fantastic read too but not all scenarios are like this.
Re: Dating Ur Friend's Ex: , by follypimpi(m): 6:29pm On Sep 27, 2009
I would gladly pass.
Re: Dating Ur Friend's Ex: , by Sauron1: 6:30pm On Sep 27, 2009
follypimpi:

I would gladly pass.

Thanx bro!!!
How can i ever date my friend's ex. . . . . .The leftover of a known person? Tufiakwu!!!
Women don finish for planet earth?
Re: Dating Ur Friend's Ex: , by Nobody: 6:32pm On Sep 27, 2009
~Sauron~:

Thanx bro!!!
How can i ever date my friend's ex. . . . . .The leftover of a known person? Tufiakwu!!!

Someone else was sampling your gf you do know that right? grin
Re: Dating Ur Friend's Ex: , by follypimpi(m): 6:33pm On Sep 27, 2009
~Sauron~:

Thanx bro!!!

We r so on the same wave length, a well known left over,to think he might get drunk one day and joke about how he backshots her  shocked shocked .Women outnumber we men so i will hunt a fresh fish in the ocean.
Re: Dating Ur Friend's Ex: , by follypimpi(m): 6:33pm On Sep 27, 2009
Ebonyeyes:

Someone else was sampling your gf you do know that right? grin

shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Dating Ur Friend's Ex: , by Nobody: 6:38pm On Sep 27, 2009
follypimpi:

shocked shocked shocked shocked

Surprise, shock, surprise grin The truth though.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mario Balotelli Proposes To Girlfriend With A £100,000 Diamond Ring (PHOTO) / 10 Types Of Boyfriend/Girlfriend You Will Meet At Every Eatery / "Butty"babes Voice Are Alws Tiny But "Ajepako"babes Voice Are Alws Thick. WHY?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.