Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,190 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:04 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 - Travel (100) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (672906 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by mrjojo: 9:03pm On Sep 28, 2016
@fregkay, please take your MMM to another thread, someone can't even breathe anymore, people trying to choke it down one's throat.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Renewable0216: 9:40pm On Sep 28, 2016
Hi folks.... quick one...
As advised, I plan on applying for a straight to PhD for fall 2017.
I'm preparing for GRE presently, and should be writing it latest November.

So, I'm I to start reaching out to Schools now or I should chill till the results are out?
Won't it be too late by then Especially considering the fact that I'd need funding..?

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by temi4fash(m): 10:32pm On Sep 28, 2016
Renewable0216:

So, I'm I to start reaching out to Schools now or I should chill till the results are out?
Won't it be too late by then Especially considering the fact that I'd need funding..?

Thanks

Learnt that Ph.d application is best made Before dec 1 preceding the actual year you want to start the Ph.d

My advice is to work in other aspects of your application and I believeyou start reaching out too but ensure to blast your GRE.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by temi4fash(m): 10:34pm On Sep 28, 2016
slimmy2005:
It's done based on ranking and region

Thanks boss.

But, How can I come across these list?

Would be helpful for my school selection.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Fernandowski(m): 11:54pm On Sep 28, 2016
good night everyone

I recently got a scholarship from a school at America..... Maryland to be precise

I am expected to arrive America before the 15th of October

Pls fam how can I pay for sevis fee and schedule for interview??

thanks in advance
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by biikeys(m): 12:07am On Sep 29, 2016
iCool:

All androids are the same, read here that some U.S sim cards select phones.

[s]Buy the Techno Phantom 6 for 88k, it won't fail you[/s] grin

No @bolded. You need to check that the freq bands are supported here.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by aadeyi: 4:15am On Sep 29, 2016
Fernandowski:
good night everyone

I recently got a scholarship from a school at America..... Maryland to be precise

thanks in advance

U can pay in Ecobank in Cotonou or contact someone in the US to pay for you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by aadeyi: 4:18am On Sep 29, 2016
Renewable0216:

Thanks

Yea while you are preparing for your test. It will be in your best interest to start reaching out to schools too, cos I believe you will be required to add school names to your gre applications so that they can forward your results to the when it's ready.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by lionlee216(m): 5:23am On Sep 29, 2016
Hello room,

Okay, I av an iphone 6 tracfone that is just useless laying in my wardrobe. If I take it to usa, will it work for me or make I just go get a new phone
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by iCool(m): 6:40am On Sep 29, 2016
biikeys:

No @bolded. You need to check that the freq bands are supported here.

Now I get it. wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by maridrug(m): 8:23am On Sep 29, 2016
Fernandowski:
good night everyone

thanks in advance
which school please?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Omogirl2016: 9:14am On Sep 29, 2016
Hello house, I got my f1-20 yesterday. My course duration on d School website is 11months but on d form d duration is jan 3 to Dec 20 2018.pls am confused.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Omogirl2016: 9:17am On Sep 29, 2016
Hello house,any ballstate university applicant here.pls lets hook up
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by lobito007(m): 9:26am On Sep 29, 2016
amanze15:
numbers have really dropped since the 80's
what is this about?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by MECHANICALENG: 10:11am On Sep 29, 2016
Please I need help family my agent betrayed me, and I am on my own now, I need help with payment booking appointments, please guys I can't do this on my own... Walspring .... Lagosismyhome, texrin.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by pennstate(m): 10:26am On Sep 29, 2016
temi4fash:

Thanks boss.

But, How can I come across these list?

Would be helpful for my school selection.

Put it like this on google: name of schools/usnews ranking
Top Tier University are universities that are rank nationally i.e among national universities.
Why Regional University are ranked regionally in their respective regions.

The Top Tier Universities are usually the elite Universities.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:38am On Sep 29, 2016
Omogirl2016:
Hello house, I got my f1-20 yesterday. My course duration on d School website is 11months but on d form d duration is jan 3 to Dec 20 2018.pls am confused.

some of the questions have been answered previously,You guys really need to read the whole thread which will maximize your knowledge ......but i am patient this morning

In some cases , the schools give allowance on the i20 . This is common so i am sure the VO is not seeing this for the first time...So firstly If u are very worried have d school coordinator send you something in writing (an explanation why your i20 is not 11 months ) , Note the answer or you can print it off and take it to the interview. ...

On your ds 160 put date to correspond with your i20 . .... At the interview if they ask the duration of your course then states it is 11 months , but your i20 is for xx months and then state the reason given by the school .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:42am On Sep 29, 2016
Fernandowski:
good night everyone

thanks in advance

You are working on a tight schedule now ...... also how can you ask how to pay sevis and schedule for interview . You guys need to find the time and read through the previous post . Knowledge is power and it will be to your advantage to fully understand it all ...... Take the time to read and you will understand how Sevis is paid (outside of Nigeria only) and interview done and what you need to prepare for a good interview
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Omogirl2016: 10:46am On Sep 29, 2016
LagosismyHome:

some of the questions have been answered previously,You guys really need to read the whole thread which will maximize your knowledge ......but i am patient this morning

In some cases , the schools give allowance on the i20 . This is common so i am sure the VO is not seeing this for the first time...So firstly If u are very worried have d school coordinator send you something in writing (an explanation why your i20 is not 11 months ) , Note the answer or you can print it off and take it to the interview. ...

On your ds 160 put date to correspond with your i20 . .... At the interview if they ask the duration of your course then states it is 11 months , but your i20 is for xx months and then state the reason given by the school .

Tank u so much bro am very grateful
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:49am On Sep 29, 2016
MECHANICALENG:
Please I need help family my agent betrayed me, and I am on my own now, I need help with payment booking appointments, please guys I can't do this on my own... Walspring .... Lagosismyhome, texrin.

why are you using an agent when everything is free and well detailed over the years on this tread...So many good NairaLand People have made numerous post which are clear and very detailed over the years ....... Knowledge is power and you need to key into that ......

Wetin you want make i do na .... since my name is listed on this post

You have to state your specific needs so someone can know how to help you ...... if its Visa booking , that one no need my name inside . It can be paid in NIgeria so if you dont understand how it is done , use the search button ontop and search visa booking or something similar and previous posts should come up . Walspring has explained it several times ....If you need something else then state exactly what you need .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Mimi17(f): 10:49am On Sep 29, 2016
Hello house pls who is going for the USA school fair in abuja today?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by MECHANICALENG: 11:02am On Sep 29, 2016
LagosismyHome:

why are you using an agent when everything is free and well detailed over the years on this tread...So many good NairaLand People have made numerous post which are clear and very detailed over the years ....... Knowledge is power and you need to key into that ......

Wetin you want make i do na .... since my name is listed on this post

You have to state your specific needs so someone can know how to help you ...... if its Visa booking , that one no need my name inside . It can be paid in NIgeria so if you dont understand how it is done , use the search button ontop and search visa booking or something similar and previous posts should come up . Walspring has explained it several times ....If you need something else then state exactly what you need .

I was using the agent before I joined naira land, and ever since I joined my confidence has grown greatly, thus I made success with getting admissions in two schools, thanks to the thread..

Mr walspring knows already why I included his name...

And I included your name name because there is a lot I can learn from you personally...
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 11:07am On Sep 29, 2016
MECHANICALENG:

I was using the agent before I joined naira land, and ever since I joined my confidence has grown greatly, thus I made success with getting admissions in two schools, thanks to the thread..

Mr walspring knows already why I included his name...

And I included your name name because there is a lot I can learn from you personally...
Thanks

That good to hear you are using this thread to your advantage so the agent no need to betray u, instead you sack him and run here self . .... shout if you need specific answer that hasnt been addressed here and many people dey to hold your hands

Best of luck
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by MECHANICALENG: 11:38am On Sep 29, 2016
LagosismyHome:

That good to hear you are using this thread to your advantage so the agent no need to betray u, instead you sack him and run here self . .... shout if you need specific answer that hasnt been addressed here and many people dey to hold your hands

Best of luck
Thanks mar!, she actually demanded for fresh 70,000naira and called it visa packaging fee, after which I have initially paid a mugu fee to her while I haven't joined the trend, well I cant say I am not grateful for the rapid informative and unlimited shower of knowledge I have gotten here, just that at this point I need a companion..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by MECHANICALENG: 11:59am On Sep 29, 2016
Please what do one have to pay for first, visa fee or sevis fee?.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 12:00pm On Sep 29, 2016
dear VO please advise me
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 12:02pm On Sep 29, 2016
hi
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Fernandowski(m): 12:09pm On Sep 29, 2016
maridrug:
which school please?
capitol Christian academy, MD
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by amanze15(m): 1:41pm On Sep 29, 2016
lobito007:

what is this about?
international students coming into the US
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by texrem(m): 2:33pm On Sep 29, 2016
MECHANICALENG:

I am not texrin, i am texrem...mbatago! Yet, you didnt states ur specific needs?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by texrem(m): 2:36pm On Sep 29, 2016
MECHANICALENG:
Please what do one have to pay for first, visa fee or sevis fee?.

Pay ur visa fee.....book an appointment...then pay ur sevis fee...very important atleast two weeks before your interview is advisable!

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) ... (405)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.