Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,481 members, 7,812,479 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:02 PM

Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken (30771 Views)

Nigerian Atheist, Carl Maobi, Kidnapped / Nigerian Atheist: / What If Zuckerberg Were A Nigerian Atheist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by Omooba77: 12:32am On Aug 14, 2016
cloudgoddess:

Hmm, I disagree. How do places like Norway, China, Japan etc. keep the peace, and continue developing at such steady rates despite them being the most atheist & secular countries on earth? From what I've researched, atheist/non-religious/secular countries and societies are doing better across the globe. Less crime, better healthcare, more educated, more equality, higher life expectancy, the list goes on.

I think any society of human beings, regardless of race demographics or geographical location, is capable of prospering secularly. Psychology & neuroscience are making great headway in the areas of emotional & mental health and well-being, interpersonal interaction, etc. Books are being written, techniques and practices are being developed, courses and seminars are taking place, that focus on teaching how to relate to ourselves and eachother better, and be more peaceful, compassionate, co-operative and happy, in ways that acknowledge & work with our human nature.

These things can be taught and maintained without religion, and likely even more effectively so, if only we could wake people up and get them to learn. People lean on religion because they think it's the only thing that can satisfy our inner needs. But imho it's just a placebo.

I beg to differ, please go and read the from the stone age, till now religion has been responsible for greater development of the world. Encyclopedea will give you better understanding

1 Like

Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by ikupakuti(m): 1:50am On Aug 14, 2016
GOD BLESS YOU @naijababe

Seun has been riding on the ignorance of religious naija people who them selves do not have a clear and sound understanding of what the true idea of the religion they claim to practice entails to score cheap credits, thereby making him sound intelligent to confused atheists like him with his “chinese“ arguments

He & his likes think knowledge stops at the realm of reason only & that science as they “know it“ must answer what they failed to grasp in the concept of religion/revelation due to the limited capabilities of their senses (which they so much rely on)

They always attack adherents & the way they practice or interpret certain doctrines to discredit religion, discounting the fact that there is a difference between a religion and its adherents

Religion is dogmatic and was never built on reason but faith!

If you find anything reasonable in it....its mere coincidence

The realm of faith transcends that of reason...making the concept of religion totally off limits to the physical senses

Thats why theres no convincing theory or explanation for faith as long as reason is going to be the yardstick

The bigbang theory they always cling to as bases for the origin of time and space (as if they were present when it happend & which its entirity is based on postulations and conjectures) has sprung thousands of questions, thousands of ifs than answers...and still they are quick to find fault in religion..

I wonder what atheists arguments would look like without science

They claimed the “existence“ of GOD or a SUPEREM/NECESSARY BEING needs “proof“.....i‘m like what about the thousands and one things they believe in without proofs!

Or are they saying science has got an explanation for all the things they believe in?

Atheism remains the religion of the disconsolates and the discontenteds

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by hopefulLandlord: 6:07am On Aug 14, 2016
ayobase:

I'm praying for you brother.

I have two options, but you have only one.

Option 1: If there is indeed no afterlife, then you and I have nothing to lose.

Option 2: If there is indeed afterlife, then I have nothing to lose (with conditions met), but you lose.

A very brilliant and self-confident student seeking admission into the University will still take both WAEC and NECO to nullifying odds.

I have actually been praying for you, Seun Osewa since the day I discovered you are an atheist.

Have you asked yourself the question; "What if there is afterlife?

Think about it deeply.

Hey brother

Google " Pascal's wager" and be more enlightened

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by Nobody: 6:23am On Aug 14, 2016
What about the negative effects we'll experience? Especially in a highly religious society like Nigeria. . . Some people can deny you jobs just because you're not affiliated with any religion. On one side we might get people to question their beliefs, which are harmful to them, but the consequences will be hard to live with

2 Likes

Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by Omooba77: 6:23am On Aug 14, 2016
ikupakuti:
GOD BLESS YOU @naijababe

Seun has been riding on the ignorance of religious naija people who them selves do not have a clear and sound understanding of what the true idea of the religion they claim to practice entails to score cheap credits, thereby making him sound intelligent to confused atheists like him with his “chinese“ arguments

He & his likes think knowledge stops at the realm of reason only & that science as they “know it“ must answer what they failed to grasp in the concept of religion/revelation due to the limited capabilities of their senses (which they so much rely on)

They always attack adherents & the way they practice or interpret certain doctrines to discredit religion, discounting the fact that there is a difference between a religion and its adherents

The realm of faith transcends that of reason...making the concept of religion totally off limits to the physical senses

Thats why theres no convincing theory or explanation for faith as long as reason is going to be the yardstick

The bigbang theory they always cling to as bases for the origin of time and space (as if they were present when it happend & which its entirity is based on postulations and conjectures) has sprung thousands of questions, thousands of ifs than answers...and still they are quick to find fault in religion..

They claimed the “existence“ of GOD or a SUPEREM/NECESSARY BEING needs “proof“.....i‘m like what about the thousands and one things they believe in without proofs!

Or are they saying science has got an explanation for all the things they believe in?

Thanks for this piece; same way Prof Wole Soyinka said he lost faith in God because his brother died after he prayed. The truth about life is there cannot be vaccum;those who claim there is no God have this fear and lack of peace trying to rationalise the non existence of God.Using every means to dispute God is,they forget 1 Corinthians 1:24-28. Was in similar pole until God shine his Light of Salvation on me. What even increase my faith is why everyone tries to dispute Christianity; the Athiests,Muslim (someone just did that from a mosque near me with loud speaker blaring since 5:15am). It doesnt change the fact;original will produce many counterfeits. Have a wonderful day sir and God bless Mr. Seun

2 Likes

Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by Acidosis(m): 6:50am On Aug 14, 2016
Touchnot01:
According yo atheists, religion is the cause of illiteracy ann all societal negatives.

LOL

Seun and co, will only end up populating Nigeria with more prisons and law courts.

A well tailored religion in the hands of an illiterate can bring about sanity. Take away religion and the fear of God from the hands of overpopulated illiterates in Nigeria, and stay doom forever as a Nation.

Even the earthly Law courts rely on these religions (Bible, Qur'an) to instill discipline, trustworthiness and truth.

Meanwhile, atheists should stop elaborating the existence of other gods and counterfeit powers as reasons to disbelieve the existence of a true God. Some of these stuffs that seem new/strange to them have been predicted and talked about thousands of years ago. They cannot confuse/convince us with things we already know. People only counterfeit original products. Charms, spells, Indian powers, African magic, black powers and many more are typified examples that a supreme power exists. We all know the powers of the fallen angels. This attempt to propagate the nonexistence of God is dead on arrival. I will say this again, DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME boss.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by hopefulLandlord: 6:59am On Aug 14, 2016
ikupakuti:
GOD BLESS YOU @naijababe

Since most religious people use "God of the gaps" argument, it only makes sense that religion is generally the one that's been riding on ignorance of the Naija people; he gave his reasons for this in the OP, take your time out to read it properly

I think you've got this muddled up bro

Religion is used to fill gaps of ignorance

Just see arguments here on Nairaland

Theist: tell me who created you
Atheist: I don't know

Theist: god created you
Atheist: proof?

Theist: I know
Atheist: proof?

You can see that because the atheist doesn't yet know how we came about, the theist "knows" its god without proof except perhaps what a book said

Tell that to your brothers KingEbuka and Winner01 who would always pick the worst atheists possible and use it to do what you accused atheists of doing

Proof of this is in clicking their monicker and seeing the kinda topics they post, they just slightly change the heading while saying the same thing

Religion is dogmatic and was never built on reason but on faith

Bros, why display your ignorance here Na!

Google "evolutionists"

Then Google "atheist "

Not every atheist accept the evolution theory bro

You're mixing them up

By your logic, religionists should also believe in tooth fairy, spiderman, Harry potter, Gotham, ironman without proof, since they all have as much proof as your god

Science is working to make sense out of it unlike religion that has many different tales about things, and religion just encourages you to stick with one and hope you're right

The irony

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by promise10: 7:09am On Aug 14, 2016
ikupakuti:
GOD BLESS YOU @naijababe

YOU SAID THIS:"They claimed the “existence“ of GOD or a SUPEREM/NECESSARY BEING needs “proof“.....i‘m like what about the thousands and one things they believe in without proofs!"

The above reason is why I consider them as insincere people.

I am yet to see an atheist who will reject his mum because of lack of video proof showing his mum giving birth to him right in the labour room. I am yet to see!

2 Likes

Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by hopefulLandlord: 7:28am On Aug 14, 2016
promise10:

YOU SAID THIS:"They claimed the “existence“ of GOD or a SUPEREM/NECESSARY BEING needs “proof“.....i‘m like what about the thousands and one things they believe in without proofs!"

I am yet to see an atheist who will reject his mum because of lack of video proof showing his mum giving birth to him right in the labour room. I am yet to see!

Then you theists shouldn't be hypocritical; you also need to believe in the following;

Tooth fairy

Father Christmas

Superman

Spiderman

Sandman

Hulk

Anax, a giant and a son of Uranus

Asterius or Aster, a giant.

Athos, a giant.

Alcyoneus, a giant.

Almops, a giant, son of the god Poseidon and the half-nymph Helle.

Aloadae, they were strong and aggressive giants.
Ephialtes
Otus (or Otos)

Amphisbaena, a serpent with a head at each end.
Antaeus, half-giant son of Poseidon and Gaia. Killed by Heracles.

Arachne, a half-spider half-female, she is the mother of all spiders. She was made into that by Athena, after losing to a weaving contest after she boastfully said she was the best.

Arae, female daemons of curses. Particularly of the curses placed by the dead upon those guilty of their death, called forth from the underworld.
Argus, a 100-eyed giant.

Azeus, a giant.

Catoblepas, it had the body of a buffalo and the head of a wild boar.

Centaur and Centauride, a head and torso of a human with the body of a horse.

Typical Centaurs

Agrius, one of the Centaurs who Heracles fought with.

Amycus, one the Centaurs who fought at the Centauromachy.

Asbolus, in Greek mythology, was a centaur. He was a seer, or an auger. He was a diviner who read omens in the flight of birds.

Bienor, one the Centaurs who fought at the Centauromachy.

Centaurus, father of centaurs.

Chiron, the eldest and wisest of the centaurs. The ancient trainer of heroes.

Chthonius, a Centaur who was killed by Nestor at the wedding of Pirithous and Hippodamia.

Cyllarus, one the Centaurs who fought at the Centauromachy.

Dictys, one the Centaurs who fought at the Centauromachy.

Eurytus, a Centaur present at the wedding of Pirithous and Hippodamia, and the one that caused the conflict between the Lapiths and the Centaurs by trying to carry the bride off.
Eurynomos, one the Centaurs who fought against the Lapiths at the wedding of Hippodamia.
Elatus, a Centaur killed by Heracles.
Eurytion, two different Centaurs had the same name.

Hylaeus, a centaur who tried to rape Atalanta. He was killed by Meleager.

Hylonome, a Centauride, wife of Cyllarus.

Nessus, famous centaur, known for being killed by Heracles.

Perimedes, one the Centaurs who fought at the Centauromachy.

Phólos, a centaur.

Pholus, a wise centaur and friend of Heracles.

Thaumas, a centaur.

Rhaecus, a centaur who tried to rape Atalanta. He was killed by Meleager.

Cyprian Centaurs, bull-horned centaurs native to the island of Cyprus.

Lamian Centaurs or Lamian Pheres, twelve rustic spirits of the Lamos river. They were set by Zeus to guard the infant Dionysos, protecting him from the machinations of Hera but the enraged goddess transformed them into ox-horned Centaurs. They accompanied Dionysos in his campaign against the Indians.
Aescaus
Amphithemis
Ceteus
Eurybios
Faunus
Gleneus
Nomeon
Orthaon
Petraeus
Phanes
Riphonus
Spargeus
Winged Centaurs

Cerastes, spineless serpents which have a set of ram-like horns on their heads.

Cetus or Ceto, sea monsters.

Ceuthonymus, daemon of the underworld. Father of Menoetius.

Charon, the ferryman of Hades.

Charybdis, a sea monster whose inhalations
formed a deadly whirlpool or a huge water mouth.
Chimera, a fire breathing three-headed monster with one head of lion, one of a snake, and another of a goat, lion claws in front and goat legs behind, and a long snake tail.

Chthonius,

Crocotta or Cynolycus; creature with the body of a stag, a lion's neck, cloven hooves, and a wide mouth with a sharp, bony ridge in place of teeth.

Cyclops or Cyclopes
Arges,
Brontes,
Steropes,
Polyphemus, son of Poseidon.

[size=16pt]YOU NEED TO BELIEVE THESE ARE REAL TOO, SINCE THEY HAVE AS MUCH PROOF AS YOUR GOD YOU SERVE[/size]

1 Like

Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by ikupakuti(m): 7:52am On Aug 14, 2016
promise10:

Dont mind them jare

They‘ll quickly hide behind science/biology for defence on that, that their mum/people “said so“ and they‘ve witness other people‘s births

To them, thats enough “proof“

2 Likes

Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by Nobody: 8:01am On Aug 14, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

Hey brother

Thanks

Every second your emphasis is on HELL as if you know the spiritual position of the person you are talking about. Pascals wager is someones personal opinion and so is your reference to it.

No believer goes around thinking about hell, we go around thinking about the goodness of God and His Love. Those things erase Hell from ones life because even here on earth anyone who would make heaven already knows it so why dwell on hell?
Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by hopefulLandlord: 8:07am On Aug 14, 2016
4everGod:

Every second your emphasis is on HELL as if you know the spiritual position o the person you are talking about. Pascals wager is someones personal opinion and so your reference to it.

No believer goes around thinking about hell, we go around thinking about the goodness of God and His Love. Those things erase Hell from ones life because even here on earth anyone who would make heaven already knows it so why dwell on hell?

Bros, why just jump into this without looking at what I was replying to?

[size=13pt]Read the below and tell me what your brother was referring to [/size]

ayobase:

I'm praying for you brother.
I have two options, but you have only one.
Option 1: If there is indeed no afterlife, then you and I have nothing to lose.
Option 2: If there is indeed afterlife, then I have nothing to lose (with conditions met), but you lose.
A very brilliant and self-confident student seeking admission into the University will still take both WAEC and NECO to nullifying odds.
I have actually been praying for you, Seun Osewa since the day I discovered you are an atheist.
Have you asked yourself the question; "What if there is afterlife?
Think about it deeply.

TELL ME WHAT HE MEANS BY THIS

1 Like

Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by Nobody: 8:10am On Aug 14, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

Bros, why just jump into this without looking at what I was replying to?

Read the below and tell me what your brother was referring to

TELL ME WHAT HE MEANS BY THIS

His comment was directed at Seun so he had to use that analogy but it does not mean that is the reason why he is walking with God. When you direct a comment at someone you need to say it in a way that is directly understandable by the hearer whom it was directed to even though you are not in the very same situation.

It is not Pascals wager! Ask the poster why he serves God and you would be surprised at his answer which would clearly show he is not doing so because of the fear of hell.

Word of advice: NEVER SPEAK FOR SOMEONE YOU HAVE NEVER MET AND DO NOT KNOW. ONLY SPEAK FOR YOURSELF!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by hopefulLandlord: 8:18am On Aug 14, 2016
4everGod:

His comment was directed at Seun so he had to use that analogy but it does not mean that is the reason why he is walking with God. When you direct a comment at someone you need to say it in a way that is directly understandable by the hearer whom it was directed to even though you are not in the very same situation.
It is not Pascals wager! Ask the poster why he serves God and you would be surprised at his answer which would clearly show he is not doing so because of the fear of hell.

Bros, why you dey fall my hand Na!

Did I say that's the reason he believes in a god?

Tell me where I said that

All that happened there was he popping up Pascal's wager and I told him to read more on it

In my own reply to his post
hopefulLandlord:

Hey brother
Thanks

Tell me where I implied anything that he hasn't said already
Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by hopefulLandlord: 8:23am On Aug 14, 2016
4everGod:

Word of advice: NEVER SPEAK FOR SOMEONE YOU HAVE NEVER MET AND DO NOT KNOW. ONLY SPEAK FOR YOURSELF!

[size=16pt]Bros, look in the mirror too to see someone who is speaking for someone he doesn't know[/size]

Like I've been telling you; [size=16pt]if you fight against mosters, take care lest you become a monster[/size]

4 Likes

Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by Nobody: 8:23am On Aug 14, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

Bros, why you dey fall my hand Na!

Did I say that's the reason he believes in a god?

Tell me where I said that

All that happened there was he popping up Pascal's wager and I told him to read more on it

In my own reply to his post

Tell me where I implied anything that he hasn't said already

Pascal's wager
noun
Philosophy
unpunctuated: Pascals wager; noun: Pascal's wager

the argument that it is in one's own best interest to behave as if God exists, since the possibility of eternal punishment in hell outweighs any advantage in believing otherwise.

Is Seun a believer? NO
Is the poster a believer? YES

Now read Pascals wager again. It clearly is a direct assumption by someone who thinks he knows why folks serve God.

You directed Pascals wager at the poster due to his analogy towards Seun inferring that he just declared why he serves God and i corrected your impression when i said NEVER SPEAK FOR SOMEONE YOU HAVE NEVER MET AND DO NOT KNOW. ONLY SPEAK FOR YOURSELF!

You were also acting on an assumption so spoke as such. I am not in the mood for your arguments this morning. Just wanted to correct your impression.
Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by Nobody: 8:26am On Aug 14, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

[size=16pt]Bros, look in the mirror too to see someone who is speaking for someone he doesn't know[/size]

Like I've been telling you; [size=16pt]if you fight against mosters, take care lest you become a monster[/size]

Both comments here have nothing to with each other.

My advice to you is for you to measure your words and speak them in a calculated manner which you clearly do not know how to do.

Again you assume someone is a monster without knowing them or even meeting them. Still back to my advice.
Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by hopefulLandlord: 8:36am On Aug 14, 2016
4everGod:

Both comments here have nothing to with each other.
My advice to you is for you to measure your words and speak them in a calculated manner which you clearly do not know how to do.
Again you assume someone is a monster without knowing them or even meeting them. Still back to my advice.

Both comments here have not[quote author=4everGod post=48465859]
Both comments here have EVERYTHING to with each other.
My advice to you is for you is to know what that advice of mine means

You're doing what you're accusing someone else of doing; by "monster" I don't mean an evil person

I mean that thing you are against

Look in this thread, you accused me of replying for someone else; what I did is the "monster"

In your accusing me of that, you've replied for someone else

That means in fighting a "monster" you're becoming a "monster"

I hope understand what I mean now, if you don't I'll explain better
Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by Nobody: 8:42am On Aug 14, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

Both comments here have not

Like i said before i am not in the mood for your habitual arguments. Thanks but i'll pass.
Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by hopefulLandlord: 8:42am On Aug 14, 2016
4everGod:

Pascal's wager
noun
Philosophy
unpunctuated: Pascals wager; noun: Pascal's wager

the argument that it is in one's own best interest to behave as if God exists, since the possibility of eternal punishment in hell outweighs any advantage in believing otherwise.

Is Seun a believer? NO
Is the poster a believer? YES

Now read Pascals wager again. It clearly is a direct assumption by someone who thinks he knows why folks serve God.

You directed Pascals wager at the poster due to his analogy towards Seun inferring that he just declared why he serves God and i corrected your impression when i said NEVER SPEAK FOR SOMEONE YOU HAVE NEVER MET AND DO NOT KNOW. ONLY SPEAK FOR YOURSELF!

You were also acting on an assumption so spoke as such. I am not in the mood for your arguments this morning. Just wanted to correct your impression.

Bros

I don't have time for this back and forth of yours this morning abeg

Its really obvious what your brother up there was referring to, you can try to dishonestly twist it aanyway you like

1 Like

Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by Omooba77: 8:45am On Aug 14, 2016
Seun:
As we interact with religious people, the opportunities will arise. Then, instead of "respecting" their bad ideas, we should challenge them with facts. At some point they'll turn to the authority of the religion they follow, and then we'll get to tell them, "sorry, but I don't believe in that ish". Then they'll be like, "what? everybody believes that ish" Then we'll get to tell them, "well, I don't, and there's no good reason to believe it."

I was inclined to accept this assertion until I realized that the evidence for this comes from testimonies, just like the evidence for miracles, which we know are not happening. Criminals can be "saved", give testimonies about how their lives have been changed, and then continue in it. People can sin repeatedly and pray for forgiveness after each incident, so it's not a real deterrent. I'd like you to give me some examples of former criminals who have left crime completely for spiritual reasons, so we can find out if this hypothetical phenomenon is real.

So you admit that the supreme being you're worshipping might not actually be the supreme being that actually exists. That's a good start!

Whose help do you think they need?

Evangelist Kayode Williams
Many I can recollect now;sometimes I go for prison ministry.
Seun did your uncle finished from Uniben Civil Engineering and attends The Redeemed Christian Church of God around Sango ?
Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by yorex2011: 9:30am On Aug 14, 2016
Do all atheists think that by virtue of their atheism they are more intelligent than others.
If an atheist eventually sees an amputee grow back his limbs, he would still argue that its science, or that its a well delivered prop, even if God shows himself to them, or if they encounter something in their dream, they'll still say it was some sort of illusion and look for a scientific explanation. They just don't want to believe that there's a God no matter whatever physical proof or encounter that they have. Its just the way things are.

Seun if you see an amputee's limb grow back with your own two eyes after maybe a prayer,
1. Believe there is a God
2. Look for a science to explain it, maybe there's some new revolutionary science, etc
3. Look around for the visual effects or props.

Truth is everyone believes what he wants to believe and even with proofs can still decide to go all "confirmation bias" on the proof / argument.
Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by yorex2011: 9:40am On Aug 14, 2016
Truth is i like reading these threads every now and then when I'm bored, though will never change my belief.
And I don't judge anyone based on religion.
We all just want to make the world a better place.
Just a pity that some folks have hid in the name of religion to commit atrocities.
Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by ValentineMary(m): 9:52am On Aug 14, 2016
Seun well done. But there is still one major problem, the religious people u are trying to help would end up hating u.

2 Likes

Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by ValentineMary(m): 9:56am On Aug 14, 2016
yorex2011:
Do all atheists think that by virtue of their atheism they are more intelligent than others.
If an atheist eventually sees an amputee grow back his limbs, he would still argue that its science, or that its a well delivered prop, even if God shows himself to them, or[b] if they encounter something in their dream, they'll still say it was some sort of illusion and look for a scientific explanation. [/b] They just don't want to believe that there's a God no matter whatever physical proof or encounter that they have. Its just the way things are.

Seun if you see an amputee's limb grow back with your own two eyes after maybe a prayer,
2. Look for a science to explain it, maybe there's some new revolutionary science, etc

Truth is everyone believes what he wants to believe and even with proofs can still decide to go all "confirmation bias" on the proof / argument.

Lolz do u believe that dreams are spiritual?

1 Like

Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by ValentineMary(m): 9:57am On Aug 14, 2016
yorex2011:
If an atheist eventually sees an amputee grow back his limbs, he would still argue that its science, or that its a well delivered prop, even if God shows himself to them, or if they encounter something in their dream, they'll still say it was some sort of illusion and look for a scientific explanation. They just don't want to believe that there's a God no matter whatever physical proof or encounter that they have. Its just the way things are.

Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by scarred9jan(m): 10:14am On Aug 14, 2016
HCpaul:
Wow! This really makes me feel happy and less reluctant in my pursuit of creating a sane environment where supernatural explanations will be discarded, trashed and eternally buried.

It's indeed that our outspokenness counts once it has successfully planted the seed of sanity in their mind and as well implants every seed of ignorance and delusion. They will reason it and the mind that is bold enough will adopt it with full courage, happiness and outspokenness.

Our outspokenness frees humanity from the scourge of religion into the sane world of human civilization. The main purpose of education is to substitute sanity for religious beliefs and indoctrinations.

Our eloquence will liberates mankind from all oppression of religious propaganda.

But the problem is that apart from online platform, how can we successfully communicate this rational information in our primitive environment filled with primitive homo sapients?

You are a shining example of why people don't like Atheists.
Primitive Homo Sapiens? Atheist educate not look down on people as primitive.
Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by 4kings: 10:22am On Aug 14, 2016
yorex2011:

if an amputee grows limb as a result of prayer, i can assure u that atheism/irreligion would be silenced FOREVER.

1 Like

Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by scarred9jan(m): 10:24am On Aug 14, 2016
stephenmorris:
if seun won't propose a plan lemee start by saying lets meet somewhere open and discuss all this

Must people always have to meet physically and discuss? Points are already being made here.
Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by yorex2011: 10:29am On Aug 14, 2016
ValentineMary:

Do you think its possible to dream of something and days later, it happens the exact way you saw it in the dream,
The odds that its a coincidence is very very very small
Then if that's the case, then it might exist that there was some unexplainable force behind that dream.
Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by Nobody: 11:50am On Aug 14, 2016
ValentineMary:
Seun well done. But there is still one major problem, the religious people u are trying to help would end up hating u.
What are you talking about? Has he helped himself to begin with? Or you think Atheism is another word for intelligence? Honestly speaking, I'm yet to see an atheist who really has a logical reason for atheism. None.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by cloudgoddess(f): 12:36pm On Aug 14, 2016
Reyginus:
What are you talking about? Has he helped himself to begin with? Or you think Atheism is another word for intelligence? Honestly speaking, I'm yet to see an atheist who really has a logical reason for atheism. None.
Then you've either completely closed your mind to the points put forth by atheists (like many theists automatically do) or you're deluding yourself.

No offense, but I genuinely fail to see how any reasonable person who has processed & understood atheist arguments can make this claim.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Grail Message Or Grail Centre / Is It True That Some Pastors Fornicate With Their Members? / Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.