Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,411 members, 7,812,220 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:14 AM

Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken (30765 Views)

Nigerian Atheist, Carl Maobi, Kidnapped / Nigerian Atheist: / What If Zuckerberg Were A Nigerian Atheist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:56pm On Aug 14, 2016
obinoral1179:
. All you could. do judge me with is my signature? I laugh in swahili..... Its show the level of your thinking....

All I did was tell you my opinion about your signature smiley . I'm not judging you cool
Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:57pm On Aug 14, 2016
ZUBY77:

Just like seun said, some degrees of aggression is required to nudge some of you back to reality.

Gotcha

https://www.nairaland.com/3283286/communist-leaders-atheists-there-difference
Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by ValentineMary(m): 9:07pm On Aug 14, 2016
Reyginus:
I don't understand. How can one believe that the believe there's God is false but still say she's not sure there's no God?

Or isn't this the definition of atheism according to Wikipedia correct?

'Atheism is, in the broadest sense, the absence of belief in the existence of deities. Less broadly, atheism is the rejection of belief that any deities exist'

How can one reject the existence of a statement that something exists but still say that he's not sure of what he's saying? Isn't that a logical contradiction?
I have explained this several times on NL. I don't believe in any God(s) humans worship, but God could be more broad than we have perceived him to be. I don't believe yet because there is no evidence for such a God but I can't claim that he certainly does not exist else I would put myself in a kind of omniscient position. Thus I am agnostic towards his nature and am atheist towards the human God(s).

1 Like

Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by Seun(m): 9:46pm On Aug 14, 2016
I was asked to repond to nairababe's post.

naijababe:
Religious people are suffering ? How? Explain please with succinct and specific examples, thank you very much.
I did. But I want to try to avoid focusing on any particular religion.

Like seriously, you believe that if you free me from what you call my delusion I will live a better life like you?
I see your viewpoint which plainly dictates that you are living a better life than I am because you are an atheist and I am not!
I can promise that a lot of things in your life will get better when you abandon the incorrect religious beliefs that you're holding on to. I can also promise you that some things will get worse, such as your relationship with religious people, especially those who have authority over you. This doesn't really matter if you're a person like me who values the truth. I have to be an atheist because there's no evidence for any God.

And if I am not mistaken, you are suggesting that we should all embrace 'Hedonism', just seek pleasure over pain, in fact emphatically self-pleasure, right?
Of course we should seek pleasure over pain! Why would you seek pain? Are you a masochist? Even masochists seek pleasure, through pain. From the evolutionary POV, the reason why we find certain things pleasurable is that those things, e.g. food, companionship, sex, are generally good for us (or more specifically, the survival of our genes). Painful and unpleasant things, such as fire, hunger, and fractured bones, are generally bad for us. What sets us above most animals is not masochism but the ability to delay some pleasure today in order to enjoy greater pleasure, or avoid great pain, later. Indiscriminate unprotected sex could be pleasant, but we are intelligent enough to foresee that it may lead to the prolonged pain of unwanted pregnancies and STDs, so we might ****** instead, which is less pleasurable but safer. Seeking pleasure does not always imply selfishness. Altruism is pleasant. Knowing that someone is having a good life because of you is very nice.

For many, a better life is beyond money, comfort and pleasure. There is such a thing as contentment, I know it a concept that is by and large alien to the Nigerian society but it exists, you should give it try.I am a person of faith and I came to the knowledge of what I am by knowledge and choice, while many not be that spiritually matured to be that way, a bigger majority are. You need to come down from your high horse and acknowledge that many make these choices deliberately and consciously.
Contentment is a form of pleasure too. You work hard to have a successful and interesting life, so when you're old you can look back with pride.

Of course, this drivel will not be complete without a dig at JW or one sect or another, I can also say that many atheist also choose euthanasia/DNR just because they don't want to suffer and then deprive their loved ones of their love and perhaps drive them to a life of addiction and depression. Is doing it for hedonistic reasons more admirable?
Most cases of euthanasia I've heard about involve people who are terminally ill with cancer. It's not comparable to the blood transfusion issue.

You need to open your world view a bit, just using the tiny sample size in mini Ogun State and perhaps Nigeria will not cut it.
My focus on Nigeria is a feature, not a bug.

Religion is perhaps responsible for some of the finest forms of music, poetry, fine art and so on, I can argue that many of these self expressions have their in religion and the contribution of religion, the religious and influence of religion on the non-religion cannot be ignored. I mean common man, the kind of cult following perpetrated in Nigeria is not always a definition of the religious or religion.
Some religions are responsible for a lot of great music and art, which atheists shamelessly enjoy, but in other religions they are severely restricted.

Another crass generalisation, none of the Eastern religions believe in the afterlife as you describe above but in reincarnation, the concept is even completely non existent in Judaism; only Islam and Christianity subscribe to the afterlife thesis.
I didn't say that all religions believe in the afterlife. I said many religious people believe in the afterlife, which is true both locally and globally. Most do.

Now, moving along, I don't know where you got the idea that they believe they have to endure miserable lives in exchange for an imaginary paradise, even in Nigeria, that is a big fat giant lie, in fact the reason why pastors/alfas in Nigeria have a cult following is because the followers want to live 'BETTER LIVES' . Have you noticed that the mental oppressed are the uneducated? Given your well meaning position, what are you doing about that? I have often told people, if you want to know what life was like in medieval Europe, just go to Nigeria, where all power belonged to the clergy and the aristocrats, in current Nigeria substitute aristocrats for politicians. With the advent of Gutenberg's printing press, the Bible became readily available and education no longer remained an exclusive right of titled men or men in robes. That perhaps gave birth to one of the finest periods in history, The Renaissance, otherwise known as the age of Enlightenment, while religion was questioned, it also matured, giving rise more matured and alternative viewpoints some of which persists today. You should consider other 'isms' other than atheism, many religious people have and still choose theism.
The wording of my original statement was wrong.It now says that religious people often choose to live miserable lives in exchange for paradise. This is true. Most religious people's lives are not so bad because they disobey their religions when it suits them. Wise, but dishonest.

Another preposterous generalisation largely applicable to Nigeria, ...
As above; it also applies to the US

As for prayer, I am sure you know what the placebo effect is, look it up if you you don't know, doctors or science are yet to explain what is responsible for it, there is something belief does for the psyche.
Medical doctors only resort to placebos when they can't find anything biologically wrong with you. Placebos work by making you feel more optimistic. It's irresponsible to prescribe a placebo when there's something that is actually physically wrong with the patient. If people are dying they should spend their time resting and putting their affairs in order. It's wrong to encourage dying people to put their trust in a placebo.

Another Nigerian stereotype, I just tire.
As above; it also applies to the US.

I am against abortion because I am pro-life, in my opinion, it is irresponsible to have sex and get pregnant in this day and age when so many precautionary measures abound
As I said, many religious people are opposed to those precautionary measures because they think it will encourage sex, which they think is bad. Some of the biggest religious organizations are opposed to condoms and all contraceptives for this reason. A lot of people have gotten in trouble with religious people because condoms were found in their possession, instead of being given pats in the back for being responsible.

I'd like to ask how abortion can/will encourage any form of sexual accountability when a teenager knows there is always an option of getting an abortion?
What the Bleep is sexual accountability? Isn't God going to judge her in your imaginary afterlife? Why not leave the judgment to God? When you force a woman to have a baby she doesn't want, you're punishing the baby as well. That's despicable. A baby is not a punishment for being a slut i.e. a woman who like sex. A baby is a person who deserves to be desired and loved by the people who brought him/her into the world. If you must punish a woman for having sex, by all means feel free to spank her 12 times on the bum after the early stage abortion. The same unfortunate sexual accountability logic is what some religious people are using as the basis for their illogical opposition to contraceptives.

Just in case you are ignorant of the facts, abstinence does more than preventing unwanted pregnancies, funny that this paragraph ignores the many ills of premarital sex such as STDs, HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis, and sexual depravity as result of not being emotionally ready to engage in sex I can't shout abeg.
All these things are dramatically reduced by the consistent use of condoms and not having sex with careless people. Except sexual depravity. WTF is that? Abstinence doesn't work because of the "body no be wood" phenomenom. We're biologically programmed to crave sex. Those who rely on abstinence often end up having unsafe sex and suffering the consequences while those who practice safe sex have a good time.

Religious people are against religious sex education
They don't want their daughters to learn about sex and condoms because they think knowledge will encourage their daughters to have sex.

Funny that you chose to cleverly ignore women like Esther, Abigail, Deborah, Lydia, Phoebe or women in Islam such as Aisha, Khadijah, Miriam the wife of Firiaoun or Fatima al-Fihri, look her up, she established the first and oldest university in Morrocco. I will forgive that slight, as an atheist your sojourn into religion is to find only what is wrong never what is right so you may be forgiven for your ignorance of the women above but what about women like Indira Gandhi, Marie Curie, Angela Merkel or even me, naijababe?
In which holy scriptures did you find Indira Gandhi, Marie Curie, Angela Merkel, Naija Babe, and Fatima al-Fihri? Their names are not listed in any holy scriptures I know. As for the women who appeared in the holy scriptures, why not tell us about their scriptural accomplishments?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:24pm On Aug 14, 2016
Seun:
I wa asked to repond to nairababe's post.

I did. But I want to try to avoid focusing on any particular religion.

Logical fallacy - Hasty generalisation

I can promise that a lot of things in your life will get better when you abandon the incorrect religious beliefs that you're holding on to. I can also promise you that some things will get worse, such as your relationship with religious people, especially those who have authority over you. This doesn't really matter if you're a person like me who values the truth. I have to be an atheist because there's no evidence for any God.

There is no proof for this claim considering that most atheists are suffering . Facts have revealed that Christians are the wealthiest , most successful and emotionally stable .

You are an atheist because you rejected whatever evidence for God and blindly ignored very compelling evidences . Your arguments are always and easily refuted , so its more of an emotional thing than logical .

On January 1, 2011, CNN reported:

People unaffiliated with organized religion, atheists and agnostics also report anger toward God either in the past, or anger focused on a hypothetical image - that is, what they imagined God might be like - said lead study author Julie Exline, Case Western Reserve University psychologist.

In studies on college students, atheists and agnostics reported more anger at God during their lifetimes than believers

This is a Nigerian forum and this thread is titled: "Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken". My focus on Nigeria is a feature, not a bug.

You are endangering the lives of your brothers because of your anger at God? Seems rational

The wording of my original statement was wrong.It now says that religious people often choose to live miserable lives in exchange for paradise. This is true. Most religious people's lives are not so bad because they disobey their religion when it suits them. Smart, but dishonest.

Provide proof for this claim .

As I said, many religious people are opposed to those precautionary measures because they think it will encourage sex, which they think is bad. Some of the biggest religious organizations are opposed to condoms and all contraceptives for this reason. A lot of people have gotten in trouble with religious people because condoms were found in their possession, instead of being given a pat in the back for being responsible.

Lechery is a sign of irresponsibility - lack of self control .

What the Bleep is sexual accountability? Isn't God going to judge her in your imaginary afterlife? Why not leave the judgment to God? When you force a woman to have a baby she doesn't want, you're punishing the baby as well. That's despicable. A baby is not a punishment for being a slut i.e. a woman who like sex. A baby is a person who deserves to be desired and loved by the people who brought him/her into the world. If you must punish a woman for having sex, by all means feel free to spank her 12 times on the bum after the early stage abortion. The same bleeped up sexual accountability logic is what some religious people are using as the basis for their illogical opposition to contraceptives.

Contraceptives are not permitted outside marriages - that's Christianity .

@emboldened text I can construe this as: Kill that human becomes I dont like him/her Kill, Kill , Kill - people go to jail when they do this and its called murder .

The procedure threatens the life of the woman too . Why would you put the lives of the unborn child and the mother in danger because she made an irrational decision and lacked self control

All these things are dramatically reduced by the consistent use of condoms and not having sex with careless people. Except sexual depravity. WTF is that? Abstinence doesn't work because of the "body no be wood" phenomenom. We're biologically programmed to crave sex. Those who rely on abstinence often end up having unsafe sex and suffering the consequences while those who practice safe sex have a good time.

We know what elicited this thought/reaction and its not from your brain wink . Humans are also programmed to have self control and show prudence .

They don't want their daughters to learn about sex and condoms because they think knowledge will encourage their daughters to have sex.

I knew about sex when I was 10 and I'm still a virgin . There are millions of people like me .

I got sex education from parents ,school and friends and still abstained from pre-marital sex . I execrate the idea of pre-marital sex . The product of that has caused humanity so much harm .

In which holy scriptures did you find Indira Gandhi, Marie Curie, Angela Merkel, Naija Babe, and Fatima al-Fihri? Their name are not listed in any holy scriptures I know. As for the women who appeared in the holy scriptures, why not tell us about their scriptural accomplishments?

Esther's act saved her people from death , Deborah led the Israelites to victory against their oppressors -Jabin king of Canaan and his military commander Sisera

There are certainly thousands of other women that made various accomplishments during that time in Israel but were not mentioned in the bible .

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by JackBizzle: 10:37pm On Aug 14, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Ignorance ! Christianity was brought to Nigeria by the Portuguese not the British . The Britons only took part in slave trade for 300 years - this ended in the 1700s . They became fully involved with Nigeria from the 19th century .

Do you know that Africans enslaved the Europeans too during the Barbary Slave trade ?

Britain has been with Christianity for close to 2,000 years and only became arguably non religious in 2016 . This means that deists are preponderant in Britain . Only 7 - 10 percent of Europe's population are atheists .

Let this sink in . Take your time

You spit lies faster than a machine-gun fires bullets. There is a lie in every sentence you made.

The portuguese did not stay long or share much of their culture when they came. They were not colonists and only did light trade.

The British brought christianity and not the portuguese. You bloody liar. The first church in Nigeria was not portuguese. The first church came after the british came.

Britain did not exist 2000 years ago. The earliest inhabitants in the area of England were pagans actually. Also, 53 percent of British are not religious.

Get it through your skull that your religion spread through slavery and colonization

2 Likes

Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by Nobody: 11:02pm On Aug 14, 2016
I think seu.n should go into commedy....grin grin grin
Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:04pm On Aug 14, 2016
JackBizzle:

You spit lies faster than a machine-gun fires bullets. There is a lie in every sentence you made.

The portuguese did not stay long or share much of their culture when they came. They were not colonists and only did light trade.

The British brought christianity and not the portuguese. You bloody liar. The first church in Nigeria was not portuguese. The first church came after the british came.

Stop with this ignorance and strawman . The Portuguese first brought Christianity to Nigeria in the 15th century through Roman Catholicism then they left and Christianity returned with Britain in the 19th century .

And I didn't mention who built the first Church but that was done in 1842 by Henry Townsend .

Britain did not exist 2000 years ago. The earliest inhabitants in the area of England were pagans actually. Also, 53 percent of British are not religious.

Christianity was first introduced in Britain by Celts. Indeed its early history in Britian is obnubilating, but it had traces of it from 37AD then it grew massively by 600 AD . Again , 7 to 10 percent of Europe's population are atheists . Deists and Muslims are proliferating though

Get it through your skull that your religion spread through slavery and colonization

Nope it was not . The religious movements in Nigeria were not totally involved in slave trades , and political side of the British did it because it built their economy at that time . The pretext they- the ones who did - clung to to justify slave trade was that Africans were believed to be descendants of Ham and Ham was cursed . They also associated the melanin-coated skin colour to darkness and encumbrance to development.

The Africans were also involved in slave trade through the Barbary slave trade capturing over 1 million Europeans between the 16th and 18th centuries

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by raphieMontella: 11:06pm On Aug 14, 2016
religion sucks 90percent of the time cc. raphiemontellla frm their sacred books to the gullible followers.. All sucks.

1 Like

Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:09pm On Aug 14, 2016
JackBizzle:

You can call me Mr. Facts cool . By the way that's ignorance and desperation speaking not the "LogicBoy" I know . Apparently that sobriquet does not suit you tongue

1 Like

Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:10pm On Aug 14, 2016
raphieMontella:
religion sucks 90percent of the time
cc. raphiemontellla
frm their sacred books to the gullible followers..
All sucks.

If you despise religion , logic demands you become irreligious or deistic

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by raphieMontella: 11:26pm On Aug 14, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

If you despise religion , logic demands you become irreligious or deistic
ive been irreligious..years nd still counting..
i dnt despise religion the way u perceive it...
I personally wud nt want to exterminate religion...t has its good effects in a way...bt has a lot of bad effects also..
The fear of hell has helped kept sm serial killers in check..etc
bt the truth is bitter...religion is a fraud...mind controlling..
In nigeria religion is a legal scam...
Nd such demands reforming or disposition...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:08am On Aug 15, 2016
raphieMontella:

ive been irreligious..years nd still counting..

On your own

i dnt despise religion the way u perceive it...
How so ?

I personally wud nt want to exterminate religion...t has its good effects in a way...bt has a lot of bad effects also..
Please be specific when you say religion . It is fallacious to generalize - overlooking other facts that refute the generalization because you want a particular type of conclusion to be made .

Christianity has no bad effects . Any ideology that Christian inherently deprecates is simply not of Christianity . The crusaders , KKK and all worth not will surely rot in Hell if they died as sinners because God does not approve of their despicable repugnant activities .

The fear of hell has helped kept sm serial killers in check..etc

Hell is a deterrent and deterrents restrain you from aberration . If you are serial killer then I don't see how the fear of Hell "checked" you

bt the truth is bitter...religion is a fraud...mind controlling..

I consider Christianity as a lifestyle and a religious affiliation . We all know the religions that can be used to manipulate the masses .

In nigeria religion is a legal scam...
Nd such demands reforming or disposition...

False prophets and false religion are thriving because of the illiteracy level and this is outlandish indeed - its 2016 for God's sake . The main problems with this country are leadership , illiteracy and employment , not religion.

Norway , Ireland ,Switzerland , Italy , England , USA , Germany etc have been with Christianity for years and they are doing so fine . Russia abandoned atheism and flourished immediately . If you are with Christ and you are not doing well know that its your fault - James 2:14-26, Faith without works is dead

North Korea have been with atheism since 1948 and are floundering . Atheistic ideologies are being used to brainwash and control the public and keep them in check . Do you know the kind of malevolence shown to the religious in North Korea ? My God ! Check out this site http://northkoreanchristians.com

Thank God I remembered this : Please Nairalanders , there are only three official atheist countries in the world - China , North Korea and Cuba

A secular country is not an atheist country . Online polls on religious affiliations are not valid data and a religiously unaffiliated person is not an atheist .

Thank you !

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by Nobody: 1:00am On Aug 15, 2016
ValentineMary:
Seun well done. But there is still one major problem, the religious people u are trying to help would end up hating u.

True. Loads of people on here will deny history and facts just to pass their messages across and castigate the "unbelievers"
Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by Isaacmacdon(m): 1:23am On Aug 15, 2016
I can see the gathering of foolishness. I can only but laugh. Most times when I link atheism to stupidity it seems I'm being too direct. You're creating an awareness in other to achieve a very ridiculous motive. The more you guys put up with this disgusting attitude; the more you're increasing the faith. Isn't that foolishness?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by Nobody: 1:29am On Aug 15, 2016
Isaacmacdon:
I can see the gathering of foolishness. I can only but laugh. Most times when I link atheism to stupidity it seems I'm being too direct. You're creating an awareness in other to achieve a very ridiculous motive. The more you guys put up with this discussing attitude; the more you're increasing the faith. Isn't that foolishness?
grin cheesy...
But when was the last time you read ur bible
Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:30am On Aug 15, 2016
Isaacmacdon:
I can see the gathering of foolishness. I can only but laugh. Most times when I link atheism to stupidity it seems I'm being too direct. You're creating an awareness in other to achieve a very ridiculous motive. The more you guys put up with this discussing attitude; the more you're increasing the faith. Isn't that foolishness?

I thought I was the only one that noticed it .
Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by Isaacmacdon(m): 1:39am On Aug 15, 2016
ireneony2:
grin cheesy...
But when was the last time you read ur bible
if your intent is for mockery?, I don't see any reason why you should know.

Joel 2.28,
"Afterwards I will pour out my spirit on everyone: your sons and daughters will proclaim my message; your old people will have dreams, and your young ones will see visions.
Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by Isaacmacdon(m): 1:43am On Aug 15, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

I thought I was the only one that noticed it .
I've been silent for a long time. I feel its time we give them the dose of their own medicine. I'm happy that a lot of christians are beginning to find their feet gradually. The more evil increases, the more the light of goodness shines brightly.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by hopefulLandlord: 1:51am On Aug 15, 2016
Isaacmacdon:
I've been silent for a long time. I feel its time we give them the dose of their own medicine. I'm happy that a lot of christians are beginning to find their feet gradually. The more evil increases, the more the light of goodness shines brightly.

What?!!!!

1 Like

Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by raphieMontella: 7:39am On Aug 15, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

On your own
lol

How so ?
because it makes pple to be satisfied with not understanding this world...(thats my major issue with religion)

Please be specific when you say religion . It is fallacious to generalize - overlooking other facts that refute the generalization because you want a particular type of conclusion to be made .
by religion..i mean all religions...am nt saying christianity only...all have good and bad effects

Christianity has no bad effects . Any ideology that Christian inherently deprecates is simply not of Christianity . The crusaders , KKK and all worth not will surely rot in Hell if they died as sinners because God does not approve of their despicable repugnant activities .
oh brother...christianity has bad effects..a lot...look at the past of christianity nd u will know it has a lot...even now it still has..

Hell is a deterrent and deterrents restrain you from aberration . If you are serial killer then I don't see how the fear of Hell "checked" you
it can keep a serial killer in check in many ways...
A christian serial killer may think of going on a killing spree tuday..bt as he sets out he says ''what if im caught today and killed by the cops ?'' oh shvt hell fire...i'll stay home....
Another day he might decide to go on a killing spree and the thought of hell wont come...
Another way...a christian serial killer may reconsider his act because of hell nd stop...etc

I consider Christianity as a lifestyle and a religious affiliation . We all know the religions that can be used to manipulate the masses .
other religions consider themselves to be so

False prophets and false religion are thriving because of the illiteracy level and this is outlandish indeed - its 2016 for God's sake
all religions are false..u know this...

. The main problems with this country are leadership , illiteracy and employment , not religion.
religion is helping to expand the problem
mind u..all our leaders have been religious

Norway , Ireland ,Switzerland , Italy , England , USA , Germany etc have been with Christianity for years and they are doing so fine . Russia abandoned atheism and flourished immediately . If you are with Christ and you are not doing well know that its your fault - James 2:14-26, Faith without works is dead
ur bible also said faith alone is sufficient
(Romans 3:28 4:6) ephesians 2:8--9

North Korea have been with atheism since 1968 and are floundering . Atheistic ideologies are being used to brainwash and control the public and keep them in check . Do you know the kind of malevolence shown to the religious in North Korea ? My God ! Check out this site http://northkoreanchristians.com
do u knw the kind of malevolence,,spite,,disgust shown by religions towards persons of other religions?
Even towards persons in the same religion bt different sects?
nigeria africa has been religious since god Dog knows when nd yet still backward..
Stop isolating

Thank God I remembered this : Please Nairalanders , there are only three official atheist countries in the world - China , North Korea and Cuba

A secular country is not an atheist country . Online polls on religious affiliations are not valid data and a religiously unaffiliated person is not an atheist .

Thank you !
i think we have evolved far enof to be able to know that religion needs reforming to our current level of understanding...nt following blindly in faith...
Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by Nobody: 8:38am On Aug 15, 2016
You choose to be a Christian Muslim atheist agnostic deist humanist or whatever it is your choice but that doesn't mean you should go around shoving what you believe in down people's throats.
Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by hopefulLandlord: 8:45am On Aug 15, 2016
Isaacmacdon:
Are ready for this right now?, kindly Stay away from me or my post cos you won't like my next line of action.
Eh? Online threats? This is hilarious, good for you that it's not me you're threatening, I would've rightly called your bluff

Getting angry for your god Dog
Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by ayobase(m): 8:51am On Aug 15, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

Hey brother

Google " Pascal's wager" and be more enlightened

" the argument that it is in one's own best interest to behave as if God exists, since the possibility of eternal punishment in hell outweighs any advantage in believing otherwise."

Thanks

I am not behaving as if God exists, but because I know He is.

Pascal was a 'gambler'

Here,

If God does not exist, it does not matter how you wager, for there is nothing to win after death and nothing to lose after death. But if God does exist, your only chance of winning eternal happiness is to believe, and your only chance of losing it is to refuse to believe. As Pascal says, "I should be much more afraid of being mistaken and then finding out that Christianity is true than of being mistaken in believing it to be true." If you believe too much, you neither win nor lose eternal happiness. But if you believe too little, you risk losing everything.
Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by ayobase(m): 8:56am On Aug 15, 2016
HCpaul:

I hate that statement with passion. How can you say that you have nothing to loose if later you realize that the whole thing is a prank.

What you are trying to say is that you are ready to spend the rest of your life in confusion and misfortune.

There cannot be a God who will be wise enough to create the universe but his standard will be as primitive as it is been documented in the Bible.

People like you aren't contributing to life and I see no reason why you should be allow to live in a world where genius live.
If you know what we got to loose you will not open your mouth and be spelling out this bullshit.

If only you are not ignorant of ignorance, you will realize that it only takes ignorance to act in such way.

But fear prompted you though.

According to your belief of no afterlife, I won't even know if it has been a prank all along cos when I die I stop existing.

There won't be regrets cos I will be gone like a puffed smoke, and what if you are wrong!

And you call yourself genius aight?

I live not in fear, but in relationship.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply)

Grail Message Or Grail Centre / Is It True That Some Pastors Fornicate With Their Members? / Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.