Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,423 members, 7,812,243 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:37 AM

Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken (30766 Views)

Nigerian Atheist, Carl Maobi, Kidnapped / Nigerian Atheist: / What If Zuckerberg Were A Nigerian Atheist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:31am On Aug 15, 2016
raphieMontella:

lol

because it makes pple to be satisfied with not understanding this world...(thats my major issue with religion)

Acknowledging the existence of a creator is rational . Science remains a killer of atheism . According to renowned physicist Michio Kaku

"I have concluded that we are in a world made by rules created by an intelligence .Believe me, everything that we call chance today won't make sense anymore. To me it is clear that we exists in a plan which is governed by rules that were created, shaped by a universal intelligence and not by chance."

by religion..i mean all religions...am nt saying christianity only...all have good and bad effects

There is no proof Christianity has a bad effect.

oh brother...christianity has bad effects..a lot...look at the past of christianity nd u will know it has a lot...even now it still has..

Lol . Christianity deplores the despicable acts of those people in the past even before they did it grin

it can keep a serial killer in check in many ways...
A christian serial killer may think of going on a killing spree tuday..bt as he sets out he says ''what if im caught today and killed by the cops ?'' oh shvt hell fire...i'll stay home....
Another day he might decide to go on a killing spree and the thought of hell wont come...
Another way...a christian serial killer may reconsider his act because of hell nd stop...etc

It is not because of Hell exactly . A Christian is a follower of Christ and He exhorts us to attain perfection like God . The passion to be like Christ restrains us from committing sin or erring .

other religions consider themselves to be so

all religions are false..u know this...
religion is helping to expand the problem
mind u..all our leaders have been religious

Again , I consider Christianity as a lifestyle and then a religious affiliation .

ur bible also said faith alone is sufficient
(Romans 3:28 4:6) ephesians 2:8--9

Faith is substantial . The role faith plays sometimes is impalpable .

do u knw the kind of malevolence,,spite,,disgust shown by religions towards persons of other religions?
Even towards persons in the same religion bt different sects?

Christ commands us to love our enemies and the bible adjures us to be united in faith

nigeria africa has been religious since god Dog knows when nd yet still backward..
Stop isolating

Africa is backward because some still hold unto to primitive religions and of course the high illiteracy level . Do you know that it was Christianity that brought us education ?

i think we have evolved far enof to be able to know that religion needs reforming to our current level of understanding...nt following blindly in faith...

Everyone both atheist and theists exercise faith . You believe God does not exist because of faith or else you are an all knowing human which you of course you are not .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by Nobody: 9:42am On Aug 15, 2016
ayobase:

According to your belief of no afterlife, I won't even know if it has been a prank all along cos when I die I stop existing.

There won't be regrets cos I will be gone like a puffed smoke, and what if you are wrong!

And you call yourself genius aight?

I live not in fear, but in relationship.

Thank you for showing hopefullandlord that what i told him was the truth about you being in a relationship with God and not worshipping Him out of the fear for hell. Many of them are just too dense to understand relationship but always attach something to everything

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by hopefulLandlord: 9:45am On Aug 15, 2016
Isaacmacdon:
I know what you want but I'd rather channel that to something worth it.
What you should've said to that guy in the first place, but you threatened him, after we made you realise how pointless that is, you're now responding properly
Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by Nobody: 9:46am On Aug 15, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

Since you're 100% sure he exists, then PROVE IT

He owes you no proof so quit demanding for one. His language is confusing and a blank slate to you. He is of the spirit while you are of the flesh. Until you cross to his realm no proof would be acceptable to you so park well.

1 Like

Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by hopefulLandlord: 9:52am On Aug 15, 2016
4everGod:

Thank you for showing hopefullandlord that what i told him was the truth about you being in a relationship with God and not worshipping Him out of the fear for hell. Many of them are just too dense to understand relationship but always attach something to everything

Oga, what you did yesterday was telling me not to speak for someone while doing the same

Its was ironical and hilarious
Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by hopefulLandlord: 9:53am On Aug 15, 2016
4everGod:

He owes you no proof so quit demanding for one. His language is confusing and a blank slate to you. He is of the spirit while you are of the flesh. Until you cross to his realm no proof would be acceptable to you so park well.

Bros, pls you're still "speaking for someone else"

But Whatever you say bro, limb growing miracle you have in the works would be enough for me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by Nobody: 9:53am On Aug 15, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

Oga, what you did yesterday was telling me not to speak for someone while doing the same

Are you now facing me? The person you targeted your Pascals Wager at has come now and corrected you by himself and you are still talking? Your kind will argue with death itself even when your head has been cut off. I say park well!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by Nobody: 9:55am On Aug 15, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

Bros, pls you're still "speaking for someone else"

But Whatever you say bro, limb growing miracle you have in the works would be enough for me

Rather channel your energy for curiosity at dalaman and help him follow through with the people he declared. He still has not reached out to me on that update. So if you have his number or email try and motivate him afterall without him there would be no me. So holla at your boy dalaman.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by Nobody: 10:00am On Aug 15, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

I spoke for him because i am his brother in Christ and i know what binds us as brothers....its not fear but love! Gods love binds us to God and to each other as brethren. You are of the flesh like i already said so would never ever understand this.

Now when he came on to respond to you by himself what was his response? He said he has a RELATIONSHIP with God and its not built on fear.

I hope you get it now because you are often so hasty with talking that you refuse to first understand before yapping.

2 Likes

Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by hopefulLandlord: 10:01am On Aug 15, 2016
4everGod:

Are you now facing me? The person you targeted your Pascals Wager at has come now and corrected you by himself and you are still talking? Your kind will argue with death itself even when your head has been cut off. I say park well!

Bros, whether you're right or not has next to nothing to do with it

You told me that his question was directed at someone else and I shouldn't speak for someone else

Then went ahead and spoke for that person

If you can't see the irony in that, more power to you my oga
Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by Nobody: 10:04am On Aug 15, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

Bros, whether you're right or not has next to nothing to do with it

You told me that his question was directed at someone else and I shouldn't speak for someone else

Then went ahead and spoke for that person

If you can't see the irony in that, more power to you my oga

His question was directed at Seun and you took it over based on how he worded the question. You assumed Pascals wager was his reason for serving God and now he proved you wrong and showed you that my correction of you was spot on.

If you still can't see that then more power to you as well.
Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by hopefulLandlord: 10:05am On Aug 15, 2016
4everGod:

His question was directed at Seun and you took it over based on how he worded the question. You assumed Pascals wager was his reason for serving God and now he proved you wrong and showed you that my correction of you was spot on.

If you still can't see that then more power to you as well.
@bolded WRONG, you assumed that I assumed that

Don't speak for someone else if you don't want people speaking for someone else

This is pretty simple

I'm done with this
Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by Nobody: 10:07am On Aug 15, 2016
ValentineMary:

I have explained this several times on NL. I don't believe in any God(s) humans worship, but God could be more broad than we have perceived him to be. I don't believe yet because there is no evidence for such a God but I can't claim that he certainly does not exist else I would put myself in a kind of omniscient position. Thus I am agnostic towards his nature and am atheist towards the human God(s).
You are still open minded then so you are not an Atheist in anyway. An atheists mind is completely close on the existence of God. You are agnostic. I can deal with that.

Scratch that. That was too fast. What do you mean when you say you are agnostic towards his nature and atheist towards the human God? What does that really mean?

1 Like

Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by Nobody: 10:08am On Aug 15, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

Don't speak for someone else if you can't stand people speaking for someone else

This is pretty simple

I'm done with this

Allow me modify that appropriately for you.

Its actually meant to be "Don't speak for someone else since you do not know them nor have you met them before because you would most likely be wrong". Same advice i gave you the other day.

I know ayobase based on the gospel of Jesus and the life of Christ we both share so even though i may not have met him or know him personally i can use my life to relate to his so i will always be right why? Because we share the same foundation!

1 Like

Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by ayobase(m): 10:12am On Aug 15, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

Since you're 100% sure he exists, then PROVE IT

Many of you have been quoting great philosophers of centuries ago to buttress your claim.

I am also quoting my Lord, Jesus Christ, the I am that I am, the prince of peace, the author and finisher of my faith, who was and is and is to come, the Messiah...

He says, "I am the way, the truth and the life, no one can see the father except through me"

For me to prove if He exists, you must be very versed in histories and believe they happened, just as you do quote once existed atheists, who you don't where they are as we discuss, but my Jesus said He is going to prepare a place for me.

My belief is tangible, concrete and defined. I am not just living for living sake, but for a purpose as promised.

To prove if He exists, answer this questions as well versed you are in histories/occurrences and researches;

1. Do you know the Isrealites were once captives in the land of Egypt, and do you know how they were set free?

2. Do you know a man called Jesus Christ who was around more than 2000 years ago who died and resurrected the third day?

If you don't know of those as history claims, but you know and read of some who didn't believe God exists, then I rest my case.

And if you know of those, but still believe they are all lies and religious propaganda, but you believe in those who said God exists not, then I still rest my case.

God bless you and make His face shine upon you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by wirinet(m): 10:12am On Aug 15, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

There is no proof for this claim considering that most atheists are suffering . Facts have revealed that Christians are the wealthiest , most successful and emotionally stable .

And you have proof that most atheists are suffering? Suffering from what exactly?

Which fact reveal Christians are the most wealthiest, successful and emotionally stable? If you consider the total number of Christians inj the world, they would be far worse off in terms of those parameters. Atheists would be the the wealthiest , most successful and emotionally stable in terms of belief to population ratio.
Christians are the most emotionally unstable, that is why they invest all their emotions in superstitions and religion and are easily exploited "men of god"

You are an atheist because you rejected whatever evidence for God and blindly ignored very compelling evidences . Your arguments are always and easily refuted , so its more of an emotional thing than logical .

On January 1, 2011, CNN reported:

People unaffiliated with organized religion, atheists and agnostics also report anger toward God either in the past, or anger focused on a hypothetical image - that is, what they imagined God might be like - said lead study author Julie Exline, Case Western Reserve University psychologist.

In studies on college students, atheists and agnostics reported more anger at God during their lifetimes than believers

Fallacy. Anger at what, a mythical figure? A person angry at your god has to believe in your God in the first place. It is like a kid getting angry at Santa Claus for not bringing him Christmas present. It will be stupid for an adult to get angry at Santa.

You are endangering the lives of your brothers because of your anger at God? Seems rational

Endangering their life from what? I hope you are not insinuating that your God is dangerous.

Contraceptives are not permitted outside marriages - that's Christianity .

Please quote relevant chapters and verses in the Bible that forbids contraceptives outside marriage.

@emboldened text I can construe this as: Kill that human becomes I dont like him/her Kill, Kill , Kill - people go to jail when they do this and its called murder .

The procedure threatens the life of the woman too . Why would you put the lives of the unborn child and the mother in danger because she made an irrational decision and lacked self control

I am pro-choice, because I believe a child should not be brought to this world if unless it will be cared for and loved by its parents, especially the mother. Unwanted children are more a menace to society than unwanted pregnancies. I have seen a day old baby floating in the Lagos lagoon and the experience can be traumatic.
No legal system in the world can term aborted babies murder, only Christian fundamentalists do that. A foetus is not a legal individual, it is the second it comes out of the mothers womb it becomes a legal entity.
Why are you more concern about the life of a mother and her unborn baby than about their welfare? You are just interested in massaging your moral ego. If a poor pregnant mother should as you for money to feed her baby, I am sure you will preach Christianity to her instead.
There is very little risk in abortion today, if the done in a proper licensed hospital and is done early enough ( within the first trimester). It is when abortion is criminalized that women resort to back alley quack doctors that makes abortion life threatening. Proper hospitals would carry out safety tests before embarking on the abortion.

We know what elicited this thought/reaction and its not from your brain wink . Humans are also programmed to have self control and show prudence .

Please tell us where else this thought/reaction are elicited from.
Sex is hardwired into our brains, just like other instincts like food and fear. These are fundamental behaviours that ensures our individual and species survival.

I knew about sex when I was 10 and I'm still a virgin . There are millions of people like me .

I got sex education from parents ,school and friends and still abstained from pre-marital sex . I execrate the idea of pre-marital sex . The product of that has caused humanity so much harm .
Except you are less that 25, I would feel sorry for you. A fully grown man in his 30s that is still a virgin has serious psychological and physiological issues, he needs to see a doctor. And any woman that such a man proposes to should insist on intensive medical and psychological tests before agreeing to marriages or simply insisting on testing the tool before marriage. Even my neighbour junior sister had to divorce her pastor husband because his tool did not perform after the wedding. She endured a sexless marriage for two years.
Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by Nobody: 10:14am On Aug 15, 2016
ayobase:

Many of you have been quoting great philosophers of centuries ago to buttress your claim.

I am also quoting my Lord, Jesus Christ, the I am that I am, the prince of peace, the author and finisher of my faith, who was and is and is to come, the Messiah...

He says, "I am the way, the truth and the life, no one can see the father except through me"

For me to prove if He exists, you must be very versed in histories and believe they happened, just as you do quote once existed atheists, who you don't where they are as we discuss, but my Jesus said He is going to prepare a place for me.

My belief is tangible, concrete and defined. I am not just living for living sake, but for a purpose as promised.

To prove if He exists, answer this questions as well versed you are in histories/occurrences and researches;

1. Do you know the Isrealites were once captives in the land of Egypt, and do you know how they were set free?

2. Do you know a man called Jesus Christ who was around more than 2000 years ago who died and resurrected the third day?

If you don't know of those as history claims, but you know and read of some who didn't believe God exists, then I rest my case.

And if you know of those, but still believe they are all lies and religious propaganda, but you believe in those who said God exists not, then I still rest my case.

God bless you and make His face shine upon you.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by hopefulLandlord: 10:14am On Aug 15, 2016
4everGod:

Allow me modify that appropriately for you.

Its actually meant to be "Don't speak for someone else since you do not know them nor have you met them before because you would most likely be wrong". Same advice i gave you the other day.

I know ayobase based on the gospel of Jesus and the life of Christ we both share so even though i may not have met him or know him personally i can use my life to relate to his so i will always be right why? Because we share the same foundation!

You can twist it anyway you like to make it seem less embarrassing

Since I can't speak for Seun, you shouldn't speak for Ayobase

This is simple English, stop twisting and turning, its embarrassing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by Nobody: 10:16am On Aug 15, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

You can twist it anyway you like to make it seem less embarrassing

Since I can't speak for Seun, you shouldn't speak for Ayobase

This is simple English, stop twisting and turning, its embarrassing

Ok wait lets ask the key person here.

Ayobase by virtue of the same gospel we preach and the life of Christ we live can i not speak for you here on Nairaland?
Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by Nobody: 10:19am On Aug 15, 2016
cloudgoddess:

What is close minded about "show me evidence, and then I will believe, otherwise there is no good reason to"?
It is in holding that because a person cannot proof a thing the thing cannot be true. That's what courts say. But legal matters are not necessarily the truth.

Can we say a teacher who cannot teach doesn't know anything about the subject he's teaching? How true is such a statement? There's a difference between saying you don't belief that a thing is true and you are not sure if it's true. How do you plead?
Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by hopefulLandlord: 10:19am On Aug 15, 2016
4everGod:

Ayobase by virtue of the same gospel we preach and the life of Christ we live can i not speak for you here on Nairaland?

What do you expect him to say?

Come on, you should be smarter than this twist and turns

Now you're embarrassing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by ayobase(m): 10:21am On Aug 15, 2016
Thanks 4everGod.
hopefulLandlord, 4everGod can speak for me since we are of same faith.
Thanks Sir and God bless.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by hopefulLandlord: 10:22am On Aug 15, 2016
Reyginus:
It is in holding that because a person cannot proof a thing the thing cannot be true. That's what courts say. But legal matters are not necessarily the truth.

Can we say a teacher who cannot teach doesn't know anything about the subject he's teaching? How true is such a statement? There's a difference between saying you don't belief that a thing is true and you are not sure if it's true. How do you plead?

Bros, this is a very tricky question

I can't disprove your god, same way you can't disprove the invisible pink unicorn, flying spaghetti monster etc

But that you can't doesn't mean they exist either

Its a catch 22 for both theists and atheists

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by Nobody: 10:26am On Aug 15, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

What do you expect him to say?

Come on, you should be smarter than this twist and turns

Now you're embarrassing

Listen young man. You really need to learn how to look before you leap. You are always too spontaneous. You cannot go around trying to reason out God because you most definitely cannot.

We as Gods children can reason Him out because he speaks with us and fellowships with us so we know His thoughts towards us and His desires as contained in His word. Those desires are magnified to us by His spirit which is in us.

Without that spirit you hopefullandlord are in the dark about God and will remain in the dark. Your questions and reasonings about Him would be foolishness and acts of futility. If you must build a house then you first need a foundation.

I have told you repeatedly come and know this God for yourself and not following a crop of people who do not even understand their own lives to dance and chant PROVE GOD EXISTS everywhere. God is not a museum piece. He is tangible and spiritually discerned. Your fleshly self cannot perceive Him as you ought which is why you are still not 100% sure He does not exist so you need proof.

Get to know God for yourself and stop looking unintelligent by spiritual standards.

2 Likes

Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by Nobody: 10:28am On Aug 15, 2016
ayobase:
Thanks 4everGod.

hopefulLandlord, 4everGod can speak for me since we are of same faith.

Thanks Sir and God bless.

Hopefullandlord i believe you can read for yourself. One blood joins all believers and that is the blood of Christ. Ayobase is my brother from another mother and another tribe but one under Christ and we share the same teachings and instructions found in the scriptures.

Ayobase God bless you too. Keep the gospel going strong. Shalom

1 Like

Re: Every Nigerian Atheist Should Be Outspoken by ayobase(m): 10:44am On Aug 15, 2016
4everGod:

Of course brother.

I didn't see this before I asked you to go ahead in my previous post.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply)

Grail Message Or Grail Centre / Is It True That Some Pastors Fornicate With Their Members? / Ahiara Diocese Crisis; Pope Francis' Representative Arrives Nigeria. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.