Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,472 members, 7,823,099 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

Attention Buhari: Hunger-induced Crime On The Increase - Vanguard - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Attention Buhari: Hunger-induced Crime On The Increase - Vanguard (45149 Views)

Top 10 Questions Arising From President Buhari’s Health-induced Leave / Attention Buhari: Hunger-induced Crime On The Increase / Judge Threatens National Hospital Over Olisa Metuh - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Attention Buhari: Hunger-induced Crime On The Increase - Vanguard by Splashme: 8:43am On Aug 14, 2016
LudaChriz:
May it never be said of you that somebody's worst performance is better than your best!

Buhari is a monumental failure!
Re: Attention Buhari: Hunger-induced Crime On The Increase - Vanguard by Ralphdan(m): 8:48am On Aug 14, 2016
ikechu1:
Damn!!!!!!

Thieves are now invading people houses just to steal food only. Jesus.
Buhari this your change, even Satan would run from am

Anyway CHANGE!!!!!!

I keep saying it, the only people I pity having to go through this change is SS and SE. Why? Because neither voted for the change. I pity both side and a little vexed at ipob too. If they didn't boycott the election, the ppl that listened to them would have voted and might have changed the outcome of the election. Smh!!

But u know SE are the most comfortable people in this country even though the change is affecting them but not as bad as it is here in the north where people a realy suffering.
Re: Attention Buhari: Hunger-induced Crime On The Increase - Vanguard by Codes151(m): 9:32am On Aug 14, 2016
I remember in enugu. A joint was robbed. Chairs stolen and the th guys sat down and ate the food (meat peppersoup) in the pot.. lol
Re: Attention Buhari: Hunger-induced Crime On The Increase - Vanguard by drbre(m): 9:45am On Aug 14, 2016
Reading comments on this forum could be very nauseating. Where did we get it wrong as a people?
The bandwagon praising Jonathan and heaping all sorts of abuse on Buhari.
It's crystal clear that most of you need an education. And if the calibre of people here are the supposed leaders of tomorrow, then Nigeria is doomed.
I need all of you on the GEJ bandwagon to point out two things.

1.What was the policy direction of GEJ which is worthy of commendation?

2. What is the policy direction of Buhari that is responsible for the economic recession?

If you can't provide a logical analysis, please shut your mouth up, going forward.

One thing which your biased mind can't appreciate is the fact that GEJ is largely responsible for the mess we are in.

Read up
Public debt: Public debt stock is much higher than at any time since the Paris Club debt exit of 2006. In 2007, total public debt fell to N2.678 trillion ($3.56billion external debt from $36b, and N2.2trillion domestic debt). But as of end 2013, public debt has increased by more than 300 percent to N8.423trillion ($8.2b external, and N7.1 trillion domestic). (Figure 3).
If AMCON debt and other agencies are included, the total debt burden is now over N10 trillion. By end of 2014, Nigeria’s total debt should easily approach over $100b, most of which were accumulated in the past 6 years. Given the well-established negative correlation of debt and economic growth, how has growth been so strong?

Foreign reserves: Nigeria’s foreign reserves have followed a pattern similar to the other indicators since the beginning of civilian rule. In the Obasanjo and Yar’Adua periods, reserves high enough to finance, on average over 7 and 10 months of imports respectively. However, in the six years of President Jonathan, it has declined to about 6.3 months of imports. (Figure 4). When compared with other oil exporting African countries, in the first two periods, Nigeria’s foreign reserve accumulation was stronger than those of other countries. However, in the recent period, Nigeria is just about catching up with others. Although stabilization funds exist, the federal government has struggled to replenish them, despite high oil prices.

This is how Jonathan bequeathed a failed economy. Counter the argument with facts and not irresponsible comments.

1 Like

Re: Attention Buhari: Hunger-induced Crime On The Increase - Vanguard by Missonas(f): 9:50am On Aug 14, 2016
maximunimpact:
When people are crying bad economy, some people are making it big

Make i dey do my engineer work jejeje....

Thats the thing some will always be at the win at the loss of others...its just inevitable!

1 Like

Re: Attention Buhari: Hunger-induced Crime On The Increase - Vanguard by chidicute(m): 9:54am On Aug 14, 2016
JuliettaBitch:

Bae, that is God for you!

One thing they don't knw is that GEJ was God sent, they can't gang up against him in that evil manner and expect to go scot free.

Evil and failure shall be their companion throughout this four year period

i understand how you feel dearie..buh your proclamation invariably suggest that Nigerians suffer till the expiration of his tenure... you see this isint the best thing for you to do, lets hope for a better Nigeria, hopefully, he can still be relieved of the GCFR come 2019... #JustMaThoughtHun#
Re: Attention Buhari: Hunger-induced Crime On The Increase - Vanguard by Missonas(f): 10:43am On Aug 14, 2016
drbre:
Reading comments on this forum could be very nauseating. Where did we get it wrong as a people?
The bandwagon praising Jonathan and heaping all sorts of abuse on Buhari.
It's crystal clear that most of you need an education. And if the calibre of people here are the supposed leaders of tomorrow, then Nigeria is doomed.
I need all of you on the GEJ bandwagon to point out two things.

1.What was the policy direction of GEJ which is worthy of commendation?

2. What is the policy direction of Buhari that is responsible for the economic recession?

If you can't provide a logical analysis, please shut your mouth up, going forward.

One thing which your biased mind can't appreciate is the fact that GEJ is largely responsible for the mess we are in.

This is how Jonathan bequeathed a failed economy. Counter the argument with facts and not irresponsible

comments.
As nauseating as it may seem to you its more saddening that peoples 'ramblings' here are not abstract its the truth. No one is trying to praise the past president but we just dont understand how the economy can be so mismanaged that the country records economy growth in one year and the next with a take over we are in recession:
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/apr/07/nigeria-south-africa-largest-economyhttp://www.economist.com/news/
Now the question people are asking is if the growth came by all these debts. We dont understand how that happened.

Also we are more concerned right now about the economy than the debts because we can be able to pay up when the economy booms better than the past govt left it. We hoping that the present govt understands that and work with that.

I dont know about the policies they come up with cos we know its propagada what i know is what i see. Where are the investors? Ok patronise your own who are the people running businesses from within and how have they made them accessible and affordable to us. No cash flow everything is on a lock down. You cannot hoard and keep money and expect it to run itself. You cannnot run a oneman show!

1 Like

Re: Attention Buhari: Hunger-induced Crime On The Increase - Vanguard by Nobody: 11:19am On Aug 14, 2016
malton:
undecided

Thief na thief. Simple.

All these shiit boils down to the fact that those people have the innate desire for crime. Just like money, hard times magnify who we truly are.

They may have been pilfering since long, but because there was plenty then, the acts were negligible.

A lot of innovative people are thriving. All these ones who want everything placed on their laps resort to crime because their benefactors no longer see awuf.

How a grown man will sit and expect everything to be handed to him on a platter is dumbfounding. You get strength to go steal but you no get strength to go work gainful jobs.

A majority of our youth have a lazy mentality, no thanks to the oldies who destroyed everything. But trying to blame this squarely on the government is nonsense.

During my undergrad, I used to label my lecturer, Dr. Ishaya, as an agent of doom, because he told us the truth to the face. "Times are hard, brace up or your faces will flatten out like slippers," he'd say. "the government ordinarily exists to create an enabling environment. Don't sit back and expect them to offer you jobs."

At the tail end of it all, it now looks like I owe him a great deal for shaping my perspective. Those words have been my guiding principle and have been proven true time and again.

Bros, u've spoken so well . While few Nigerians are busy using this hard time to be innovative and overcome the challenges, some are actually lamenting and pointing accusing fingers. Nigerians need to wake up and be more proactive. If u av 1 source of income, this is the time to look inwards, be creative and triple it. Do u even know dt by the time these hard times are over, many would be so thankful it came because it has helped them to become more enterprising.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Attention Buhari: Hunger-induced Crime On The Increase - Vanguard by Nobody: 11:21am On Aug 14, 2016
rusher14:

Amen.
cheers bro. I can see dt u're seeing d whole thing from a very good perspective. Alas few Nigerians are still perspicacious.

1 Like

Re: Attention Buhari: Hunger-induced Crime On The Increase - Vanguard by Nobody: 11:23am On Aug 14, 2016
rusher14:

Your name suits you nicely.
baba u're too much, I dey feel ur replies... I sense maturity

1 Like

Re: Attention Buhari: Hunger-induced Crime On The Increase - Vanguard by drbre(m): 12:09pm On Aug 14, 2016
Missonas:

As nauseating as it may seem to you its more saddening that peoples 'ramblings' here are not abstract its the truth. No one is trying to praise the past president but we just dont understand how the economy can be so mismanaged that the country records economy growth in one year and the next with a take over we are in recession:
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/apr/07/nigeria-south-africa-largest-economyhttp://www.economist.com/news/
Now the question people are asking is if the growth came by all these debts. We dont understand how that happened.

Also we are more concerned right now about the economy than the debts because we can be able to pay up when the economy booms better than the past govt left it. We hoping that the present govt understands that and work with that.

I dont know about the policies they come up with cos we know its propagada what i know is what i see. Where are the investors? Ok patronise your own who are the people running businesses from within and how have they made them accessible and affordable to us. No cash flow everything is on a lock down. You cannot hoard and keep money and expect it to run itself. You cannnot run a oneman show!

I praise the sincerity and objectivity of your post.

Maybe you didn't read my adjuncts and thus you asked how we were reportedly a growing economy one year and d next, due to a change in government, we were plunged into recession. I will still ask that you read the adjuncts in my post, the answers which u seek are there. Suffice to say, consider this...

'Although stabilization funds exist, the federal government has struggled to replenish them, despite high oil prices."

That's d submission on Jonathan's economic legacy.

If d FG under Jonathan had replenished stabilization funds in a period when there was high oil prices (US$100), the nation would have had somewhat a safety net to revert to presently when there is global recession with oil prices pegged below US$30.

Talking about external debts, isn't it curious that GEJ ( now a hero) kept plunging d nation to external debts?

Do you realise that the debt is being serviced and all this at even a higher cost cos of d recession?

In all of this, the present government remains optimistic that we shall navigate this bend successfully. You may consider listening to Mrs Kemi Adeosun's submissions while disbursing funds to states at the end of July. The non oil sector accounted for over 55 percent of the revenue. This is the change and there is light at the end of the tunnel.

I empathise with all citizens, I also feel the brunt of the present reality. Afterall I buy fuel and visit d markets. However, as enlightened minds we should know where the blame really is and not be blinded by sentiments.

Peace
Re: Attention Buhari: Hunger-induced Crime On The Increase - Vanguard by richybanky(m): 12:45pm On Aug 14, 2016
SeyiAyorinde:
No be person wey chop belleful dey f**k?
Okun inu la fi n gbe tita
grin grin grin laugh wan to kill me for here grin
Re: Attention Buhari: Hunger-induced Crime On The Increase - Vanguard by endove(f): 12:49pm On Aug 14, 2016
Oluwabusobomi:
The evil that men do, live after them!

APC preached evil and hatred against GEJ, now that evil is already dinning with them even with GEJ still saying encouraging words about them!

God is marvelous!

Lalasticlala
my brother no be small thing ooo
Re: Attention Buhari: Hunger-induced Crime On The Increase - Vanguard by Nobody: 4:24pm On Aug 14, 2016
rusher14:

Amen.

shocked
Re: Attention Buhari: Hunger-induced Crime On The Increase - Vanguard by anibueli147(m): 5:52pm On Aug 14, 2016
Lukmann1:
lipsrsealed
Leave the corruptions alone, returned the economic back to how it were. we are starved, inflammation of price of things are killed people all day.

and d grammars too is killing the ppl
Re: Attention Buhari: Hunger-induced Crime On The Increase - Vanguard by ISpiksDaTroof: 1:16pm On Aug 15, 2016
rusher14:

There's a new government in town with a completely different attitude from the past. They've inherited a bankrupt nation low on morale and self belief.

The last elections exploited the inherent weakness in most Nigerians by being divisive. We were divided along religious and tribal grounds whilst the elite continued their frolicking.

The situation is grim but the stark reality is that the coffers were truly empty.

There's no export from Nigeria. We are over reliant on imported goods from petrol to ps4 game consoles.

We do not make even car tyres that we did in the 80s.

We have abandoned our strong areas of agriculture for filthy and cheap lucre.

The governments have failed us but more than anything the citizens have failed themselves by not being productive. We need to engage in positive ventures. Farming, processing agricultural products, creating finished and semi finished goods we have no business importing.
The Nigerian needs to rethink.

Nigerians are lazy. Mentally lazy.

1 Like

Re: Attention Buhari: Hunger-induced Crime On The Increase - Vanguard by ISpiksDaTroof: 1:22pm On Aug 15, 2016
Wadraj:

Why are you so passionate about the economic flaws of Nigeria because you want to vindicate your political views?

It's people like you that would embark on prayers for the failure of an administration, so that you can always have a word against such government.

Purge your mind of this abominable idiosyncrasies, babe!

Nigerians are also evil minded. Well, most of them. For example, the mad woman you replied above.
Re: Attention Buhari: Hunger-induced Crime On The Increase - Vanguard by Mixty: 3:01pm On Aug 15, 2016
Mrakthedream:
Hmmmm...
Commercial sex workers who are also affected by the
economic downturn have devised new means of survival.
This time around, some of them passionately beg for as
low as N200 to N500 to feed . Investigation carried by
Saturday Vanguard showed that some commercial sex
workers are unable to pay rents for their brothels, owing
to the plunge in patronage.
For instance, some of them who used to attend to five to
ten customers a day, end up having just two or no
patronage. One of them who lives in a brothel around
Okota lamented “ This era is really affecting us. We can
not even feed anymore, let alone to pay our rents. A
service that we ordinarily charged between N1500 to
N2000 has been reduced to N700, yet nobody
dey come “ she revealed that some of them even buy
food on credit."

Mixty my good friend,how true is this quote?...
Please leave madam(I don't know what I took from her to deserve yeye ban) out of this..it is just a question.
Who ask no dey lost..Thanks.
Hahaha. Sebi Buhari na your man na? Even ashawo wey vote for Buhari don dey regret am. Lol
Buhari never try reach. But e go better
Re: Attention Buhari: Hunger-induced Crime On The Increase - Vanguard by Mrakthedream(m): 3:14pm On Aug 15, 2016
Mixty:

Hahaha. Sebi Buhari na your man na? Even ashawo wey vote for Buhari don dey regret am. Lol
Buhari never try reach. But e go better
What about Buhari?..I thought you are a fan of cheap or young pussy?...
Re: Attention Buhari: Hunger-induced Crime On The Increase - Vanguard by Usernamesucks: 8:37pm On Aug 17, 2016
malton:
undecided

During my undergrad, I used to label my lecturer, Dr. Ishaya, as an agent of doom, because he told us the truth to the face. "Times are hard, brace up or your faces will flatten out like slippers," he'd say. "the government ordinarily exists to create an enabling environment. Don't sit back and expect them to offer you jobs."

Pardon me please. You attended ABU Zaria, Economics department?
Re: Attention Buhari: Hunger-induced Crime On The Increase - Vanguard by malton: 11:35am On Aug 18, 2016
Usernamesucks:

Pardon me please. You attended ABU Zaria, Economics department?
Yes, I did. I guess you did as well?
Re: Attention Buhari: Hunger-induced Crime On The Increase - Vanguard by Usernamesucks: 12:55pm On Aug 18, 2016
malton:

Yes, I did. I guess you did as well?

ABU? yes. Economics department? No. My brother did (U04 class)
Re: Attention Buhari: Hunger-induced Crime On The Increase - Vanguard by malton: 5:03pm On Aug 18, 2016
Usernamesucks:

ABU? yes. Economics department? No. My brother did (U04 class)
Okay, wow. I guess doctor Ishaya Audu must have been preaching the exact same message for a very long time then. I trail your brother by some ten long years. I graduated in 2014. I hear that the man still hasn't changed. Hehe.
Re: Attention Buhari: Hunger-induced Crime On The Increase - Vanguard by Usernamesucks: 8:04pm On Aug 18, 2016
malton:

Okay, wow. I guess doctor Ishaya Audu must have been preaching the exact same message for a very long time then. I trail your brother by some ten long years. I graduated in 2014. I hear that the man still hasn't changed. Hehe.

Yes, he has my brother. You sure sound intelligent (I'm not surprised). Please keep making ABU proud wherever you go sir.
Cheers
Re: Attention Buhari: Hunger-induced Crime On The Increase - Vanguard by malton: 8:26pm On Aug 18, 2016
Usernamesucks:

Yes, he has my brother. You sure sound intelligent (I'm not surprised). Please keep making ABU proud wherever you go sir.
Cheers
I appreciate your kind words, sir. Sure will. We are abusites, it runs in the blood.
Nagode oga na.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lagos State Govt Releases Blue Line Rail Price Structure / Thousands Troop Out To Support President Muhammadu Buhari In Kaduna [PHOTOS] / RCCG Trends As Adeboye, Kumuyi Keep Mum Hours To Presidential Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.