Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,326 members, 7,829,830 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:18 PM

The Nigerian Air Force In Focus. PICTURES. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Nigerian Air Force In Focus. PICTURES. (33158 Views)

Police Stage Show Of Force In Anambra Ahead Of Election / We Are Not The Worst Police Force In The World -nigerian Police Reacts To Report / Obiano in China: Onitsha Port, Anambra Int Airport In Focus- Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Nigerian Air Force In Focus. PICTURES. by Nobody: 12:18pm On Aug 16, 2016
FemiMaduka:
I love my country, but let's not be immersed in mediocrity. The Nigeria air force will be shot out of the sky in no time, if it dares to come into the way of some African countries. the Algerian, Egyptian, Ethiopian and South African airforces are decades ahead. It's a shame that Nigeria of the 21st century cannot even parade a 4th generation aircraft. All these pictures of tired C-130s, Super Pumas and alpha jets don't even buy in. In the U.S, private individuals own alpha jets... Too much willfully ignorant folks in Nigeria.

We have the JF-17s coming, this we know for sure. How would the Ethiopians and South-Africans be able to shoot us when we deploy better assets than them?

We parade a 4th gen Aircraft, the JF-17.
Re: The Nigerian Air Force In Focus. PICTURES. by aresssa: 12:25pm On Aug 16, 2016

Re: The Nigerian Air Force In Focus. PICTURES. by aresssa: 12:28pm On Aug 16, 2016
Re: The Nigerian Air Force In Focus. PICTURES. by aresssa: 12:31pm On Aug 16, 2016
Re: The Nigerian Air Force In Focus. PICTURES. by aresssa: 12:31pm On Aug 16, 2016
Re: The Nigerian Air Force In Focus. PICTURES. by aresssa: 12:32pm On Aug 16, 2016
Re: The Nigerian Air Force In Focus. PICTURES. by aresssa: 12:33pm On Aug 16, 2016
Re: The Nigerian Air Force In Focus. PICTURES. by aresssa: 12:34pm On Aug 16, 2016

Re: The Nigerian Air Force In Focus. PICTURES. by FemiMaduka(m): 12:37pm On Aug 16, 2016
Henry240 and aressa, you guys definitely appear to be on the know-side... Something tells me you guys might know one or two things about what downed "b***ea*les"... you get that ba Now, back to our discourse, I think we only have 3units of the famed JF17 coming our way. This meagre number defeats its acclaimed versatility. I think it's wrong to build our threat assessment on countries like Tchad, Ghana, Cameroon and Niger...should we even be in there league?
Re: The Nigerian Air Force In Focus. PICTURES. by aresssa: 12:37pm On Aug 16, 2016
Re: The Nigerian Air Force In Focus. PICTURES. by Akanbibabatunde(m): 12:44pm On Aug 16, 2016
NairaMaster1:

Your grammar Eeh!
wats your consin dere.
Re: The Nigerian Air Force In Focus. PICTURES. by clickwtB(m): 1:00pm On Aug 16, 2016
NIGERIAN ARMY AND AIRFORCE DOING WELL WHILE NIGERIAN NAVY IS NOT AT ITS BEST YET,OR IS IT INFORMATION DISSEMINATION DEFICIENCY.
Re: The Nigerian Air Force In Focus. PICTURES. by Nobody: 1:21pm On Aug 16, 2016
FemiMaduka:
Henry240 and aressa, you guys definitely appear to be on the know-side... Something tells me you guys might know one or two things about what downed "b***ea*les"... you get that ba Now, back to our discourse, I think we only have 3units of the famed JF17 coming our way. This meagre number defeats its acclaimed versatility. I think it's wrong to build our threat assessment on countries like Tchad, Ghana, Cameroon and Niger...should we even be in there league?

I don't get that word you censored.

We would not only get only 3 units. We have a requirement for between 24 - 40 units of the JF-17. The 3 units are just an initial order for proper assessment in combat. We aren't building our threat around Chad, Cameroun et al, our primary security threat has always been internal.
Re: The Nigerian Air Force In Focus. PICTURES. by cjrane: 1:26pm On Aug 16, 2016
These planes will soon be used to entrench injustice in Nigeria. Attacking people for protesting against unjust treatment of their land.

NDA should learn how to shoot slightly in front of a flying Nigeria airforce plane. It takes a bit of skill to do it
Re: The Nigerian Air Force In Focus. PICTURES. by FemiMaduka(m): 2:23pm On Aug 16, 2016
I see, and I hope we are getting some dedicated ground attack aircraft too, perhaps, in the mold of the venerable SU 25. The idea of getting some S-300 systems to sweep our airspace whenever these birds are not airborne doesn't sound extravagant to me though. I meant to say Beegeagles.
Re: The Nigerian Air Force In Focus. PICTURES. by warrah(m): 2:26pm On Aug 16, 2016
omenka:
As expected, Samsung Flatron LCDs are already here showing their anger over Nothing!!

You just can't envy their life at all. cheesy

You better purge yourself of this misguided hate against the Igbos.
Re: The Nigerian Air Force In Focus. PICTURES. by Nobody: 2:46pm On Aug 16, 2016
FemiMaduka:
I see, and I hope we are getting some dedicated ground attack aircraft too, perhaps, in the mold of the venerable SU 25. The idea of getting some S-300 systems to sweep our airspace whenever these birds are not airborne doesn't sound extravagant to me though. I meant to say Beegeagles.

We might be getting the A-29 Super Tucano as a dedicated COIN aircraft, however there is nothing in the mould of the SU-25. We require a medium range air defence system. The S-300 isn't required. Systems such as the Buk-M2, Pantsir S1 and more GBADS.

Beegeagles is on Twitter.

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Air Force In Focus. PICTURES. by Nobody: 3:01pm On Aug 16, 2016
Henry240:

Just to add to what you've said,

The Nigerian Air Force is the 3rd best Airforce in Africa, only behind Egypt and Algeria. Egypt has no competition in Africa, they have one of the largest Air Forces in the world, Algeria has the "largest air force in Africa", since we now know Egypt is in an entirely different league.

In terms of Assets( Attack, Transport and ISR), Combat Sorties, Training and active personnel (Special forces and Ground crew).

When the JF-17s arrive, our Air Force would simply be un-matched across the West-Central-East Africa region.

The JF-17s have a Radar range of 110km, however when we add the fact the JF-17s have a Data-link, we would be able to use our ATR-42s who have a Radar of over 400KM as a mini-AWACS. The JF-17s won't need to even turn on their radars.
I love people who know their stuff. *doff my cap*
Re: The Nigerian Air Force In Focus. PICTURES. by aresssa: 3:18pm On Aug 16, 2016

NIGERIA PREPARING TO INDUCT JF-17 & SUPER MUSHSHAK

News of Nigeria buying the JF-17 emerged at the beginning of this year. The Nigerian news outlet Punch reported that $25 million U.S. was allocated in the Nigerian budget for three JF-17s. If the statement from Captain Famuyiwa is accurate, then this would be the first official acknowledgment of the Nigerian Air Force (NAF) acquiring the JF-17 (and Super Mushshak).

Currently, the NAF operates 10 Chengdu F-7NI, a Chinese-built variation of the Russian MiG-21. These are supported by eight Dassault Alpha Jets, which are used as training and light attack aircraft. With the JF-17, Nigeria would come into possession of a platform capable of precision-strike. Given Nigeria’s existing defence ties with China, the NAF may procure the WMD-7 targeting pod alongside the LT and LS-series of laser and INS/GPS-guided bombs, respectively.

http://quwa.org/2016/06/08/nigeria-preparing-induct-jf-17-super-mushshak/

Re: The Nigerian Air Force In Focus. PICTURES. by aresssa: 3:19pm On Aug 16, 2016
Re: The Nigerian Air Force In Focus. PICTURES. by aresssa: 3:26pm On Aug 16, 2016
The problem with our military has always being corruption, incompetence and unpatriotic spirit, but we are moving away from all that across the board.

We now have credible defense and warfare training, weapons procurement, good accommodation and welfare benefits which is boosting morale at all level. The new focus and determination is undeniable.

We are getting there...
Re: The Nigerian Air Force In Focus. PICTURES. by aresssa: 3:34pm On Aug 16, 2016

Nigeria To Acquire Super Tucanos From US To Replace Alpha Jets

The United States is likely to sell its Super Tucano attack aircraft to the Nigerian Air Force (NAF). In addition to this, the NAF will also be inducting Mi-35 helicopters and JF-17 Thunder fighter aircraft and Super Mushsack trainers.
“The US would soon authorize the sale of the Super Tucano Aircraft which would be used to replace the nation’s ailing Alpha jets,” the Director of Public Relations and Information of NAF, Capt. Ayodele Famuyiwa, was quoted as saying by Punch, a Nigerian news daily Wednesday.
Famuyiwa quoted the Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, as having said that the facilities of NAF were expanded as a result of the proposed fleet acquisition.
“NAF, at present, is on the verge of inducting the Mi-35M helicopter gunship and JF-17 Thunder Fighter Ground Attack aircraft in addition to acquiring the Super Mushshack trainer aircraft. There are also strong indications that the US Government may give the nod sooner than expected with regards to the sale of Super Tucano to NAF to replace the aging Alpha Jets,” Abubakar said.
Re: The Nigerian Air Force In Focus. PICTURES. by Yampotatocarrot(m): 3:42pm On Aug 16, 2016
Abeg make nobody vex o. Do those birds ACTUALLY drop bombs while flying? N z t that airforce men have special places they all live, cos I haven't seen anyone living around unlike d soldiers n navy? Saw a practice session (atleast I believe its a practice session) in the Owerri sky about two months ago, d way d pilot was handling d bird eh, even doing a full upside down with t n several sommersaults, d thing fear me o. Was scared t might drop..... Please I'll like to know d name of d bird that was probably used for that, cos all these ones I c posted here r kinda big. That one was sleek, small n sexy (atleast thats how I believe t should look, since t was almost invisible to me...... kinda like a tiny bird in d sky)
Re: The Nigerian Air Force In Focus. PICTURES. by thedarksider: 4:45pm On Aug 16, 2016
Henry240:

We have the JF-17s coming, this we know for sure. How would the Ethiopians and South-Africans be able to shoot us when we deploy better assets than them?

We parade a 4th gen Aircraft, the JF-17.

but,we need a remarkable amount of them to catch up now..

reveverse engineering is the answer,,,,,,we dont have to reverse-engineer something so good as the jf-17,but we will be able to have something compactable compared to others in the world......

3 of them is not enough to catch up.....

i dont see how we can catch up now in terms of finance....

sophistication is getting more expensiv,year by year.....invention,counter-invention,,,counter-invention,counter-counter-invention.........and so on....
Re: The Nigerian Air Force In Focus. PICTURES. by thedarksider: 6:49pm On Aug 16, 2016
cjrane:
These planes will soon be used to entrench injustice in Nigeria. Attacking people for protesting against unjust treatment of their land.

NDA should learn how to shoot slightly in front of a flying Nigeria airforce plane. It takes a bit of skill to do it

wetin we nigerians do you na........the war is over....get over it......we live in a democratical-system today......your writings in a thread concerning the naf is uncalled for...dont forget even igbos are in the naf.......atleast keep the bashing away from this thread.....

i am always ready to battle you in the politic things,,but not here...keep our air-warriors out of this......
Re: The Nigerian Air Force In Focus. PICTURES. by Nobody: 11:33am On Aug 17, 2016
they nid to change those planes kia kia
Re: The Nigerian Air Force In Focus. PICTURES. by Nobody: 5:28pm On Aug 17, 2016
Henry240:

Just to add to what you've said,

The Nigerian Air Force is the 3rd best Airforce in Africa, only behind Egypt and Algeria. Egypt has no competition in Africa, they have one of the largest Air Forces in the world, Algeria has the "largest air force in Africa", since we now know Egypt is in an entirely different league.

dont forget morocco wink 3rd african air force

23 F-16 C/D
27 Mirage F1 MF2000
3 Mirage F1B
28 F-5A/B/E/F
24 Alphajet

all upgraded to last version

+ south african air force .

what's the current inventory of nigerian air force ?? i found 10 Chengdu F-7 and 12 Alpha Jet , any new equipment in service ??
Re: The Nigerian Air Force In Focus. PICTURES. by Nobody: 5:30pm On Aug 17, 2016
thedarksider:

but,we need a remarkable amount of them to catch up now..

reveverse engineering is the answer,,,,,,we dont have to reverse-engineer something so good as the jf-17,but we will be able to have something compactable compared to others in the world......

3 of them is not enough to catch up.....

i dont see how we can catch up now in terms of finance....

sophistication is getting more expensiv,year by year.....invention,counter-invention,,,counter-invention,counter-counter-invention.........and so on....

We are not buying only 3 JF-17 thunders. We have a requirement for between 25 - 40 planes. These 3 are just an initial delivery.

I do agree that reverse-engineering is the answer, we are also trying to make it work with local, Chinese and South-African companies. We'll have to wait and see how things progress.
Re: The Nigerian Air Force In Focus. PICTURES. by Nobody: 5:46pm On Aug 17, 2016
chkil:

dont forget morocco wink

23 F-16 C/D
27 Mirage F1 MF2000
3 Mirage F1B
28 F-5A/B/E/F
24 Alphajet

all upgraded to last version

I was not referring to fighter jets alone. I know the Moroccans have a larger, better fighter fleet that Nigeria. I am referring to the entire Air Force, Fighters, Drones, Transports, Surveillance Assets, Combat sorties, number of pilots & Training, Special Forces, Attack Helicopters, Light and Medium Utility Helicopters.

The entire Air Force.
Re: The Nigerian Air Force In Focus. PICTURES. by Nobody: 6:10pm On Aug 17, 2016
Henry240:

I was referring to fighter jets alone. I know the Moroccans have a larger, better fighter fleet that Nigeria. I am referring to the entire Air Force, Fighters, Drones, Transports, Surveillance Assets, Combat sorties, number of pilots & Training, Special Forces, Attack Helicopters, Light and Medium Utility Helicopters.

The entire Air Force.

well, i think moroccan air force still ahead , what's the current inventory of nigerian air force ??

for morocco there is in service .

Fighter jets

F-16C/D 23
Mirage F1 MF2000 27
Mirage F1B 3
Northrop F-5A/B/E/F 28
Alphajet 24

training aircraft
Cessna T-37B 14
T6 C 24
CAP-10 2
CAP-232 8
Beechcraft T-34C 10
FFA AS-202/18 Bravo 14
Diamond DA-42 Twin Star 2

Transport , Surveillance ect ..

Alenia C-27J Spartan 4
CASA CN-235M 7
Lockheed C-130 Hercules 12
Lockheed KC-130 2
Dornier Do-28D Skyservant 2
Cessna 421A 1
Beech King Air 100/200/300 10
Beech Super King Air 350 2
Gulfstream II/III 2
Cessna 560 1

Lockheed RC-130H 1 Surveillance
Dassault Falcon 4 version 20/50/100 ECM/ELINT platforms
Bombardier 415 5 Amphibious aircraft
BN-2T Defender 13 Maritime patrol and reconnaissance

Hélicoptèrs

Sa-342 Hot 12
SA-342 Canon 12
CH-47C 9
CH-47D 14
SA-330 29
AB-205A 29
AB-206 20
AB-212 3

also for the number of pilots & Training ! morrocan are at a high level , royal air force of morroco have 16 000 personnel
Re: The Nigerian Air Force In Focus. PICTURES. by Nobody: 6:23pm On Aug 17, 2016
chkil:

well, i think moroccan air force still ahead , what's the current inventory of nigerian air force ??

for morocco there is in service .

They are actually ahead.
Re: The Nigerian Air Force In Focus. PICTURES. by thedarksider: 6:34pm On Aug 17, 2016
Henry240:

We are not buying only 3 JF-17 thunders. We have a requirement for between 25 - 40 planes. These 3 are just an initial delivery.

I do agree that reverse-engineering is the answer, we are also trying to make it work with local, Chinese and South-African companies. We'll have to wait and see how things progress.

sir henry...i salute!!!!!...the pioneer of knowledge of military hardware in africa!!!!... smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Didn't Collect Bribe From Contractor – Ganduje / Edo Deputy Governor, Shaibu, Attempts To Force His Way Into Governor's Office / Alamieyeseigha Releases Campaign Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.