Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,484 members, 7,830,436 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:11 PM

The Nigerian Air Force In Focus. PICTURES. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Nigerian Air Force In Focus. PICTURES. (33161 Views)

Police Stage Show Of Force In Anambra Ahead Of Election / We Are Not The Worst Police Force In The World -nigerian Police Reacts To Report / Obiano in China: Onitsha Port, Anambra Int Airport In Focus- Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Nigerian Air Force In Focus. PICTURES. by Akalia(m): 9:57am On Aug 16, 2016
989900:
$15b plus arms money embezzled could buy us 600 units of JF-17 fighter jets @ $25m each -- now we are buying just 3 of those.

And, if we've been buying 2 or 3 modern FJs since say 2003, we would have roughly 30 of those now.
your are very right. If the government can resolve to procure 4th generation fighter aircrafts and other purpose aircrafts annually, the NAF will be the most formidable in africa. Our airforce personnel are well trained and can match their foreign counterparts in technical know how. Our only achilles heel are the obsolete machines.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Nigerian Air Force In Focus. PICTURES. by PaulIdu: 9:58am On Aug 16, 2016
mensdept:

May god give you wisdom to wake up and realize that all these pictures are all to promote the agenda that Queen Elizabeth wants you to buy into. This air force can't beat anyone, and is designed to keep you in check so that the oil and minerals can go to beta nations sef

Seems we are on the same page ..I never said those Alpha jets can beat anyone
Re: The Nigerian Air Force In Focus. PICTURES. by thedarksider: 9:58am On Aug 16, 2016
dermmy:
Nigerian airforce should procure new jets. I hate seeing this old Alpha jets, we need F-16 Su-27 Su-30, Saab Gripen, Euro fighter typhoon.

sorry..no money..me,i rather have food in my stomach than a f-35...after my stomach is full then we can talk about newer jets...
Re: The Nigerian Air Force In Focus. PICTURES. by Litmus: 10:13am On Aug 16, 2016
thedarksider:

why dont we reverse engineer the alfa jets...give one to innoson for studies and finance the studies...

precisely what we should be doing...
Re: The Nigerian Air Force In Focus. PICTURES. by IceDude(m): 10:14am On Aug 16, 2016
We have a very long way to go in this country....Chai! embarassed
Re: The Nigerian Air Force In Focus. PICTURES. by NairaMaster1(m): 10:26am On Aug 16, 2016
Akanbibabatunde:
I doesnt like this peple at all. They is very wiked epecialy Ibadan. They we be beting you like gote
Your grammar Eeh!
Re: The Nigerian Air Force In Focus. PICTURES. by CSTR13: 10:48am On Aug 16, 2016
Re: The Nigerian Air Force In Focus. PICTURES. by CSTR13: 10:53am On Aug 16, 2016
Re: The Nigerian Air Force In Focus. PICTURES. by Nobody: 10:57am On Aug 16, 2016
CSTR13:
Your personells are poorly trained and definitely not in the 10 ten professional airforce in africa.The Egyptians, algerians, Ethiopians, south africans, angolans, chadians, ugandans, kenyans have much better trained personnels.
When it now comes down to machines, there is a further 15 countries with much better airforce weaponry. Sorry, your airforce has not started yet.

My friend, you're back to yarning dust off your mouth, right? How many times do you want me to lecture you, boy?

-Can you define what poorly trained?

- How is the Nigerian Air Force not in the Top 3 Airforces in Africa, you say 10, and i'm telling you Top 3?

- Name the 15 countries,?

lectures are about to start for you.
Re: The Nigerian Air Force In Focus. PICTURES. by oladele239(m): 11:00am On Aug 16, 2016
In jennifas voice(Is diz all the Nigerian year voice can boist ov in diz tweinti furz zentuiri ..)
Re: The Nigerian Air Force In Focus. PICTURES. by CSTR13: 11:05am On Aug 16, 2016
Re: The Nigerian Air Force In Focus. PICTURES. by CSTR13: 11:05am On Aug 16, 2016
Re: The Nigerian Air Force In Focus. PICTURES. by gozmok1(m): 11:13am On Aug 16, 2016
omenka:
As expected, Samsung Flatron LCDs are already here showing their anger over Nothing!!

You just can't envy their life at all. cheesy

SO NA GEN. CASSY YOUR DEMI GOD BOUGHT ALL THIS MILITARY HARDWARES HAABI?

oya go report me as usual
Re: The Nigerian Air Force In Focus. PICTURES. by gozmok1(m): 11:13am On Aug 16, 2016
SO NA GEN CASSY AFONJAS DEMI GOD BOUGHT ALL THIS

Re: The Nigerian Air Force In Focus. PICTURES. by Nobody: 11:18am On Aug 16, 2016
To all the people commenting about the NAF - Nigeria's likely theatre of operations is Niger/Chad. Cameroon has been pacified, Ghana is friendly. What you need to do is to compare the airforce if those countries with Nigeria, the flying time between targets and the radar/ Surface to air ( SAM) capabilities of both countries. Nigeria is NOT going to come up against F16's or F35's it is going to face Mig29's and SU30 series. Nigeria's JF Thunder is a 4G platform that can compete with the latter. Nigeria has far superior ISR assets that give it a small advantage.

While Nigeria undoubtedly has lost its way since 1983, it nevertheless has enough in its locker to address it's likely operating theatre AND home grown insurgencies. In fact right now it seems especially designed to take on home grown insurgency.

These " museum" pieces as some people call them are extremely deadly. I wouldn't want to be in range of just the cannons not to talk of BVR missiles.

It's currently fashionable to knock all things Nigerian. And it is good that a country can laugh at itself but if I were a militant or insurgent I would be very afraid. Perhaps this is why BH slipped in their "kite" that air raids were killing chibok girls in an effort to turn the populace against further air ops that are decimating them. Furthermore they know just what new stuff will soon be turned on them.

The NAF is not a pussy cat.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Nigerian Air Force In Focus. PICTURES. by Sayelabola(m): 11:30am On Aug 16, 2016
aresssa:

I can see a personnel of the Army in this photo.
Re: The Nigerian Air Force In Focus. PICTURES. by Litmus: 11:43am On Aug 16, 2016
CSTR13:
Your personells are poorly trained and definitely not in the 10 ten professional airforce in africa.The Egyptians, algerians, Ethiopians, south africans, angolans, chadians, ugandans, kenyans have much better trained personnels.
When it now comes down to machines, there is a further 15 countries with much better airforce weaponry. Sorry, your airforce has not started yet.

Are Chadian and Ugandan pilots Chadians and Ugandans or Russians and Ukrainians ?
Re: The Nigerian Air Force In Focus. PICTURES. by aresssa: 11:43am On Aug 16, 2016
Re: The Nigerian Air Force In Focus. PICTURES. by aresssa: 11:46am On Aug 16, 2016

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Air Force In Focus. PICTURES. by aresssa: 11:47am On Aug 16, 2016

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Air Force In Focus. PICTURES. by Litmus: 11:49am On Aug 16, 2016

Su-25 of Chad Air Force with Ukrainian-Belarusian pilots.

You don't have indigenous pilots, you don't compare with Nigerian Air-force achievements...
Re: The Nigerian Air Force In Focus. PICTURES. by aresssa: 11:50am On Aug 16, 2016

75 Strike Group Yola On Full Combat Readiness.

Counter Insurgency is a nightmare for conventional armies because of its complexities. The key to success often boils down to raw real time Intelligence and surveillance.The Nigerian Air force capacity in aviation technology and Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) through the Air Force Institute of Technology (AFIT) in Kaduna is unmatched in all of Africa. Nigeria has Africa’s only fleet of combat ready armed Drones, is the 3rd country after the United States, Britain and Israel with the capacity to use armed Drones in combat. The 75 Strike Group is a component of the Tactical Air Command.

75 Strike Group Component

Nigeria’s Drone fleet is scary. Nothing comes close in Africa.

GULMA TACTICAL UAV.(Remore Sensing)

AMEBO TACTICAL UAV(Terrain mapping)

CH-3 ARMED DRONE (anti tank missile and Chinese hell fire missiles)

CH-4 ARMED DRONE (4 units on order from China. longer range and better precision)
Re: The Nigerian Air Force In Focus. PICTURES. by aresssa: 11:54am On Aug 16, 2016
Re: The Nigerian Air Force In Focus. PICTURES. by aresssa: 11:55am On Aug 16, 2016
Re: The Nigerian Air Force In Focus. PICTURES. by Eric14(m): 12:03pm On Aug 16, 2016
The best branch of the Nigeria Armed Forces
Re: The Nigerian Air Force In Focus. PICTURES. by aresssa: 12:05pm On Aug 16, 2016
d

Re: The Nigerian Air Force In Focus. PICTURES. by aresssa: 12:06pm On Aug 16, 2016
g

Re: The Nigerian Air Force In Focus. PICTURES. by FemiMaduka(m): 12:07pm On Aug 16, 2016
I love my country, but let's not be immersed in mediocrity. The Nigeria air force will be shot out of the sky in no time, if it dares to come into the way of some African countries. the Algerian, Egyptian, Ethiopian and South African airforces are decades ahead. It's a shame that Nigeria of the 21st century cannot even parade a 4th generation aircraft. All these pictures of tired C-130s, Super Pumas and alpha jets don't even buy in. In the U.S, private individuals own alpha jets... Too much willfully ignorant folks in Nigeria.
Re: The Nigerian Air Force In Focus. PICTURES. by aresssa: 12:10pm On Aug 16, 2016
s

Re: The Nigerian Air Force In Focus. PICTURES. by Nobody: 12:14pm On Aug 16, 2016
greenpasture:
To all the people commenting about the NAF - Nigeria's likely theatre of operations is Niger/Chad. Cameroon has been pacified, Ghana is friendly. What you need to do is to compare the airforce if those countries with Nigeria, the flying time between targets and the radar/ Surface to air ( SAM) capabilities of both countries. Nigeria is NOT going to come up against F16's or F35's it is going to face Mig29's and SU30 series. Nigeria's JF Thunder is a 4G platform that can compete with the latter. Nigeria has far superior ISR assets that give it a small advantage.

While Nigeria undoubtedly has lost its way since 1983, it nevertheless has enough in its locker to address it's likely operating theatre AND home grown insurgencies. In fact right now it seems especially designed to take on home grown insurgency.

These " museum" pieces as some people call them are extremely deadly. I wouldn't want to be in range of just the cannons not to talk of BVR missiles.

It's currently fashionable to knock all things Nigerian. And it is good that a country can laugh at itself but if I were a militant or insurgent I would be very afraid. Perhaps this is why BH slipped in their "kite" that air raids were killing chibok girls in an effort to turn the populace against further air ops that are decimating them. Furthermore they know just what new stuff will soon be turned on them.

The NAF is not a pussy cat.

Just to add to what you've said,

The Nigerian Air Force is the 3rd best Airforce in Africa, only behind Egypt and Algeria. Egypt has no competition in Africa, they have one of the largest Air Forces in the world, Algeria has the "largest air force in Africa", since we now know Egypt is in an entirely different league.

In terms of Assets( Attack, Transport and ISR), Combat Sorties, Training and active personnel (Special forces and Ground crew).

When the JF-17s arrive, our Air Force would simply be un-matched across the West-Central-East Africa region.

The JF-17s have a Radar range of 110km, however when we add the fact the JF-17s have a Data-link, we would be able to use our ATR-42s who have a Radar of over 400KM as a mini-AWACS. The JF-17s won't need to even turn on their radars.

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Air Force In Focus. PICTURES. by aresssa: 12:14pm On Aug 16, 2016
FemiMaduka:
I love my country, but let's not be immersed in mediocrity. The Nigeria air force will be shot out of the sky in no time, if it dares to come into the way of some African countries. the Algerian, Egyptian, Ethiopian and South African airforces are decades ahead. It's a shame that Nigeria of the 21st century cannot even parade a 4th generation aircraft. All these pictures of tired C-130s, Super Pumas and alpha jets don't even buy in. In the U.S, private individuals own alpha jets... Too much willfully ignorant folks in Nigeria.

We are where we are today because the corrupt and unpatriotic people we put in charge have been looting and stashing funds for weapons in private bank accounts, buying mansions and and so on..

We know what we need and how to get there, it's just a matter of time..
Re: The Nigerian Air Force In Focus. PICTURES. by aresssa: 12:17pm On Aug 16, 2016
o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

VIDEO: Final Military Rehearsal For Bola Tinubu's Presidential Inauguration / Buhari’s Inaugural Speech Is Illusory, Vague – Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa / Rice Production: Audu Ogbeh Lied - Thailand Ambassador

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.