Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,560 members, 7,823,476 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:38 AM

Saying " I Love You" - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Saying " I Love You" (1106 Views)

She Cried Saying I Raped Her, Just Imagine! / 21 Questions To Ask Before Saying “I Do” / Things To Consider Before Saying I Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saying " I Love You" by blandyne(f): 2:50am On Sep 27, 2009
I feel stupid writing this right now, but anyway i'll go for it.

Will you continue to date someone without that person ever telling you that he loves you?

I know when I start dating someone is to get to know him and find out who he really is, and i do not expect that person to tell me right of the bat that he loves me (actually i have a tendency to run away from those kind of men). However, down the road let's say 5 or 6 months later, i assume one of the partners will develop some type of feelings for the other partner, right. What if it doesn't happen, or should i say what if the man doesn't say "I love you" to that woman but they still dating each other ? Does that mean he doesn't love her or he does and he's just not saying it yet . You should also know that the woman didn't tell the guy either even though she loves him a lot.

Please this couple that i'm referring to has more going on than just sex, or it seems like it. So i will appreciate if you post your comments without sex being your main focus.
Re: Saying " I Love You" by Sissy3(f): 2:54am On Sep 27, 2009
doesnt really matter that much. if his actions shows that he loves/cares about you then the words should be of less importance. in my view, if he shows you love through his actions not saying those words mean less. not everyone is actually into those lovey lovey things/words
Re: Saying " I Love You" by iice(f): 2:58am On Sep 27, 2009
It's different for people.  I guess alot of women want the 'I love you' somewhere down the road, even if the sometimes those words don't mean much.  I would say if his actions show how much he cares then it's all good till it even scatters or they marry and run off into the sunset undecided or something. . .

Personally i'm not big on the whole words thing. . .people rarely match their actions to their words anyway cheesy
Re: Saying " I Love You" by Treetop20(m): 2:59am On Sep 27, 2009
actions mean way more
Re: Saying " I Love You" by Donvilo(m): 3:08am On Sep 27, 2009
~Sissy~:

doesnt really matter that much. if his actions shows that he loves/cares about you then the words should be of less importance. in my view, if he shows you love through his actions not saying those words mean less. not everyone is actually into those lovey lovey things/words
U're quite right, Sissy. Some men self are even the type that doesn't wanna get rather too intimate for fear of them doing something that may hurt the lady in the later day or even themselves. At least they aren't married yet. I guess this may hav to do with his past as he may hav his reasons behind them.
Re: Saying " I Love You" by blandyne(f): 3:09am On Sep 27, 2009
@ Sissy, Iice and treetop20
I also believe that action matters the most. However, when you really love someone wouldn't you want them to know. Let them know that you do,  i mean saying those 3 words and adding actions to it won't hurt at all. Well if you really mean it of course.
Re: Saying " I Love You" by Treetop20(m): 3:09am On Sep 27, 2009
saying it also doesn't hurt but actions should show it
saying things and actually meaning them are two different things
Re: Saying " I Love You" by iice(f): 3:15am On Sep 27, 2009
blandyne:

I also believe that action matters the most. However, when you really love someone wouldn't you want them to know. Let them know that you do,  i mean saying those 3 words and adding actions to it won't hurt at all. Well if you really mean it of course.

Sure it does.

Treetop20:

saying it also doesn't hurt but actions should show it
saying things and actually meaning them are two different things

Exactly.
Re: Saying " I Love You" by babelizzy: 3:21am On Sep 27, 2009
Hello how are you doing my name is mike, well i will like to know more about you , were do yoy really live, well im alway online here if you don't mind can you meet me in my ID mike_bill12@yahoo.com
Re: Saying " I Love You" by puskin: 3:29am On Sep 27, 2009
Saying i luv U or not really don't mean much.
Actions better reveal true ìntentions.
Re: Saying " I Love You" by Nobody: 9:41am On Sep 27, 2009
Its better to mean it while saying it. That word is used too loosely these days.
Re: Saying " I Love You" by spben(m): 11:44am On Sep 27, 2009
action speak louder than voice ,
Re: Saying " I Love You" by Musty450(m): 11:52am On Sep 27, 2009
Its better to mean it while saying it. That word is used too loosely these days.

@ thread; i find the above quote, sad but true; the thing is that saying it is sorta a leap of faith; i mean why say it if you aint sure it ll be reciprocated
My dad always used to say:
"Never make any assumptions Son"

If you really and truly love your partner then you should say the words, leap of faith or not.

And, if you re not good and ready then DONT
Re: Saying " I Love You" by Nobody: 12:44pm On Sep 27, 2009
Well one i don't say the word again cuz i got laughed at when i expressed my feelings not once.I'd rather say am gay than i love you.The pain of unrequited love is too much to handle.
Re: Saying " I Love You" by Nobody: 1:51pm On Sep 27, 2009
'Saying I love you is not the words I want to hear from you . . . ' Remember Westlife?

The only person I want telling me he loves me is my husband.

A guy can say the word a million times and it'll still not mean s**t to me!! I'll rather take what I see.

If your BF treats you with respect and is caring and kind, then dont worry yourself that he dosent say the L-word!

' . . . your actions speaks so loud that I can't hear what you are saying!' A guy can tell you he loves you and still not mean it.
Re: Saying " I Love You" by Nobody: 1:56pm On Sep 27, 2009
blandyne:

I also believe that action matters the most. However, when you really love someone wouldn't you want them to know. Let them know that you do, i mean saying those 3 words and adding actions to it won't hurt at all. Well if you really mean it of course.

So what if he dosent love her? Cos let's face it, they are just dating!

If she forces him to use those words when he dosent mean it, she'll just be decieving herself.

@ Poster:

If you are comfortable in the relationship and he treats you as well as you want, just forget about love. That pharse is overrated anyway. undecided
Re: Saying " I Love You" by KennyG6(m): 1:59pm On Sep 27, 2009
@ poster
I think he either finds it difficult to express his feelings in words (maybe he didint grow up with such) or he really doesnt luv

Some men are all macho and see expressing such feelings in words as making themselves vulnurable before the woman. Try and understand his case and if its not psycological, he probably isnt into u
Re: Saying " I Love You" by Fiona0007: 4:58pm On Sep 27, 2009
Well, this is a big deal for men and could be nerve wrecking!
How do we girls know if men don't say it? ok, show in your actions, but it doesn't count!
But don't say it unless you really mean it.
Re: Saying " I Love You" by iice(f): 5:07pm On Sep 27, 2009
Fiona0007:

Well, this is a big deal for men and could be nerve wrecking!
How do we girls know if men don't say it? ok, show in your actions, but it doesn't count!
But don't say it unless you really mean it.

I don't think it's such a big deal for them. some of them are too free with it actually.
We know because we are more emotional and sensitive. We should be able to pick it up from their actions.
Those who are not intuitive to their partners. . .that one na hard relationship. They'll always have to be spoon-fed.
Re: Saying " I Love You" by StellaN3(f): 5:34pm On Sep 27, 2009
To my own point of view it’s very easy to say “I love u” many people that fall victim of heart break is as result of loving some one only with ur lips, so I think actions is the best and only answer to this question “did he/she really loves me?” come to think of it I can easily say this person really loves me through his actions towards me than his words.
Re: Saying " I Love You" by TheSeeker(m): 5:37pm On Sep 27, 2009
I think it depends on the kind of man. Maybe the guy thinks they've got really close hence, there's no point emphasizing it in words. Talk is cheap; and actions speak louder than words. Would you have preferred if he said it to you and didn't mean it?

There are some men who are so conservative that they don't believe in saying such things as making any impact, but for some, it might be the in-thing. What can you decipher from his actions?
Re: Saying " I Love You" by blandyne(f): 6:02pm On Sep 27, 2009
I understand everyone points, and they all make sense. But, where talking about grown folks not teenagers,  It's very hard for me to say" I love u" to a man because i hate being vulnerable. Yet It feels sooooooo good when you realize that u do love someone. The sad part is he might not feel the same way and here comes rejection.

Musty450:

@ thread; i find the above quote, sad but true; the thing is that saying it is sorta a leap of faith; i mean why say it if you aint sure it ll be reciprocated
My dad always used to say:
"Never make any assumptions Son"

If you really and truly love your partner then you should say the words, leap of faith or not.

And, if you re not good and ready then DONT

Even though his actions will show you if he does love you or not, just like you said NEVER MAKE ANY ASSUMPTIONS.Therefore i believe that you will never know for sure unless that person says the words and acts accordingly.

Now let just say one of the partners  declares his/her love to the other, and him/her didn't say it back. What should that person do, stay in the relationship or move on ?
Re: Saying " I Love You" by iice(f): 6:08pm On Sep 27, 2009
It's precisely because they are grown ups we are emphasizing actions not words.  Not that it doesn't hurt to have the words too, but realistically, our grand notions and thoughts about love never always quite match up.
Re: Saying " I Love You" by TheSeeker(m): 6:15pm On Sep 27, 2009
blandyne:

I understand everyone points, and they all make sense. But, where talking about grown folks not teenagers, It's very hard for me to say" I love u" to a man because i hate being vulnerable. Yet It feels sooooooo good when you realize that u do love someone. The sad part is he might not feel the same way and here comes rejection.

Even though his actions will show you if he does love you or not, just like you said NEVER MAKE ANY ASSUMPTIONS.Therefore i believe that you will never know for sure unless that person says the words and acts accordingly.
Now let just say one of the partners declares his/her love to the other, and him/her didn't say it back. What should that person do, stay in the relationship or move on ?
So which would you prefer: That he says it and doesn't act accordingly or acts in a way that shows it and keeps mum? My advice to you is, if you think he's shown it beyond doubt that he loves you, you had better not push this 'I love you' talk too far
Re: Saying " I Love You" by Nobody: 7:41pm On Sep 27, 2009
TheSeeker:

So which would you prefer: That he says it and doesn't act accordingly or acts in a way that shows it and keeps mum? My advice to you is, if you think he's shown it beyond doubt that he loves you, you had better not push this 'I love you' talk too far

Dont mind her. Till she starts appearing to needy and drives the guy away finally!
Re: Saying " I Love You" by africhika(f): 7:46pm On Sep 27, 2009
@ poster, as everyon1 has stated, actions are more important.

it took me a long time to realize that.

my ex and i actually broke up becuz i thought he didn't love me becuz he rarely said it. now, i realize that his actions were LOUDLY saying, "i love you with all my heart" over and over. i just didn't notice. so, don't get hung up on the words.
Re: Saying " I Love You" by Nobody: 7:47pm On Sep 27, 2009
depends, some men are just not verbally expressive or see such words as a sign of emotional weakness. Believe me, saying those words are the hardest thing a SINCERE man can ever tell you.
Re: Saying " I Love You" by TheSeeker(m): 7:54pm On Sep 27, 2009
davidylan:

depends, some men are just not verbally expressive or see such words as a sign of emotional weakness. Believe me, saying those words are the hardest thing a SINCERE man can ever tell you.
You said it perfectly. It takes a lot of guts.
Re: Saying " I Love You" by Musty450(m): 9:35pm On Sep 28, 2009
Now let just say one of the partners  declares his/her love to the other, and him/her didn't say it back. What should that person do, stay in the relationship or move on ?

undecided  @ Blandyne; you know? i ask myself that question all the time, i have been doing it for years, and i still dont know.
I guess, if your partner respects you and treats you right, why let a good thing go

. . . I'm just saying . . .
Re: Saying " I Love You" by emekagh(m): 11:27pm On Sep 28, 2009
@ poster
This may be a classic case of dilemma of love

Dillemma of love

http://extramantra..com/2009/08/poem-dilemma-of-love.html

when love is not enough
Re: Saying " I Love You" by Secretz(f): 11:45pm On Sep 28, 2009
Those are the easiest words to say but the hardest to mean . . . . they are often used too loosely. grin
Re: Saying " I Love You" by Nobody: 1:51am On Sep 29, 2009
blandyne:

I understand everyone points, and they all make sense. But, where talking about grown folks not teenagers,  It's very hard for me to say" I love u" to a man because i hate being vulnerable. Yet It feels sooooooo good when you realize that u do love someone. The sad part is he might not feel the same way and here comes rejection.

poster , i dont really know what you want. if he says it and dont act it ,it is a problem. now he is acting it without saying it, it still remains a problem. WHAT DO U WANT? . i in particular dont find the i love you thing comfortble.
hmm, but u can still go ahead and profess it first, i dont see anything wrong in that, afterall the last two girls i dated were the first to say '' i luv u''

(1) (Reply)

No Money,no Love-.love Never Exist But If It Does,it Is 20% While Money Is 80% / Check Out The Blog Post 'yaradua Is Dead. Read And Cofirm / How Long Do U Wait Before You Start Making Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.