Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,054 members, 7,810,943 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:58 PM

"Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" (28185 Views)

What Does The Bible Say About Sex Before Marriage? / Pastor: "Women See The Manhood Size Of Your Man Before Marriage" / Bromleigh McCleneghan: Sex Before Marriage Is Good (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by Nobody: 5:12pm On Aug 18, 2016
Ghost447:
It certainly has a lot of advantages, but for you to say it has no disadvantages shows your age bracket.

What bracket?
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by wirinet(m): 5:21pm On Aug 18, 2016
Theists, especially Christians and Muslims are always trying to impose their views, beliefs and biases on everyone else.
Whether two adults couples decides to abstain or not depends soley on the couples involved, it is nobody's business. Different strokes for different folks. It might work for others, it might not work for others. Even pastors and G.Os who married ideal women according to Christian values also end up divorcing their wives.

I for one do not support abstenance before marriage. I believe couples should know each other very well in all ramifications before pledging to live together for the rest of their lives.
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by madridsta007(m): 5:36pm On Aug 18, 2016
lilyqueen:

Nice one

Thanks!

1 Like

Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by Nobody: 5:37pm On Aug 18, 2016
Chai!!! NL will not kill me o. Mehn, some responses here, I wan die of laughter.

Personally, I am not for or against abstinence before marriage as these sort of decision is personal and differ from one person to another. 5ex is a very powerful thing, it is very important to be sure you are ready before you open that door.

I am however always mystified when sexual prowess development is always given as a reason to shun abstinence. Like seriously, prowess is not only developed by 4ucking everything that moves na?! If that was the case only 'oloshos - male & female' will know how to do the do properly. Maybe I am missing something sha undecided
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by oteneaaron(m): 5:39pm On Aug 18, 2016
There is something about this thread that makes me stop and think...

Open Question....

"If abstinence is the best, how do we avoid future occurences, when both mates find out...sex isn't great for them?"

Please no one should take words off my mouth.... tongue

But when you think about it critically......would you prefer marrying someone who turns out to be stiff and a complete novice when it comes to sex?

How can marriage be enjoyed when there isn't great sex?
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by kstix(m): 5:44pm On Aug 18, 2016
Drdreyy:

Op, this is religion section this topic is better moved to the romance section.
Abstinence before marriage is the right thing to do, you don't need anyone to tell you that.

Whether it's realistic or not, you don't expect anyone that is a Christian and morally upright to say it's unrealistic. You can only get contrary response from Atheists here.

As for me, i say it's realistic afterall there are a lot of people practicing celibacy.

and yet a deeply religious country like nigeria has a higher natality rate than the US... Explain
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by Fkhalifa(m): 6:10pm On Aug 18, 2016
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by Fkhalifa(m): 6:10pm On Aug 18, 2016
A lot of us still advocate abstinence, even though we cant practice it with ease.
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by joseph1832(m): 6:13pm On Aug 18, 2016
eph12:

Yea right. Once she clocks 18 years she is allowed to take as much dick as possible. It's her life and she's old enough. She shouldn't even be scared of bringing them home. It's even better you supervise it so it doesn't get out of hand. Don't worry you're in line to being the best dad in the world.
And how's it your business how I decide to train my daughter?

1 Like

Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by facealone05(m): 6:20pm On Aug 18, 2016
It have is advantage and disadvantage may God direct us
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by abdulkayus(m): 6:43pm On Aug 18, 2016
FOLYKAZE:

Maybe the person have not reached puberty stage. The body is programmed by nature for sex.

see this guy. If u dont have control over ur sexual emotion? others have. It is not eveybody that is being control by d feeling of d flesh
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by Nobody: 6:53pm On Aug 18, 2016
Don't Encourage People To Leave What God Desires Cos You're Guilty Of It @OP
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by Crixina(f): 6:55pm On Aug 18, 2016
Seun:
Nobody practices abstinence before marriage.
Those who claim to be abstinent, if you investigate, are often doing everything except penetration.
There must be some exceptions though.
Don't forget self help, it is the new abstinence for 95% claiming to be abstinent before marriage.

1 Like

Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by dasparrow: 6:56pm On Aug 18, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

Are these enough reasons to stop folks from having premarital sex? undecided

Yes it is. If the topic were to be about homosexuality, you hypocrites will be quoting bible up and down. Best believe that according to the word of God the bible, the same hell fire that unrepentant homosexuals are going to is the same hell fire unrepentant fornicators are going to as well. So take note.

The bible made it clear that sex is for married folks only. If you want to have sex, go and get married or risk the wrath of God after you leave this earth. Stop making sex out to be like oxygen, as if without merging your prick with another person's private part you will die. It is people like you that will rape if you can't get a woman to have sex with you willingly. You lack self control and the spirit of lust is your master.

I hope you contract a deadly STD if you don't repent from fornicating.

1 Like

Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by Noblewhiz(m): 7:10pm On Aug 18, 2016
lilyqueen:

No sexually transmitted diseases

No unwanted pregnancy

Low rate of heart break and so on
and future unsatisfaction which leads to infidelity in marriage*hope u cn cope with that*
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by Nobody: 7:11pm On Aug 18, 2016
queenfav:
True o,i did a divorce where the wife was knacking her husband's younger brother living with them in their matrimonial home.
Kai! Nna mehn! dat one na real end time wife not even with a total stranger but his younger brother kwa! I am very speechless.
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by Gluthatione: 7:34pm On Aug 18, 2016
Seun:
Nobody practices abstinence before marriage.
Those who claim to be abstinent, if you investigate, are often doing everything except penetration.
There must be some exceptions though.
Please sir, u you can only speak for yourself, there are millions out there who have practiced abstinence and some are still doing it presently. Let me take myself as an example, is going to 2 years now that i have been with my fiancée, nothing like sex, hugging, kissing etc between us the highest thing i have done to her is to hold her hands nothing more, it is very easy for us because this is mutual agreement between us.
So stop generalising if u can't do it there are millions out there who can do it.

3 Likes

Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by hommespecia: 7:59pm On Aug 18, 2016
OLAADEGBU:
"Is abstinence before marriage a realistic message?" Most people are going to have sex anyway, so why bother even teaching abstinence?

Many in the modern culture have declared that sexual morality is dead, that abstinence isn't realistic, but it is instead old-fashioned and outdated. Is abstinence before marriage even reasonable in today's "hook-up culture"?
abstinence is nearly impossible in these 21st century,reason been that our forefathers those days get married at early stage of their life,most of the ladies within the ages of 15 to 20 and for the men 20 to 25 are already married.fast forward to now,a 25year old man is still regarded as a boy prolly because he is an undergraduate still squatting under his parent.what am driving at is that body no be fire wood,at a certain age the body will crave for sex because it is a natural phenomenon and you can't cheat mother nature.let just preach safe sex chikena .
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by Bensmart04(m): 8:20pm On Aug 18, 2016
DO YOU KNOW THAT YOU MISS A LOT IF YOU DON'T HAVE SEX AS A BACHELOR OR SPINSTER? THINGS YOU MISS FOR NOT HAVING SEX BEFORE MARRIAGE. A lot of people might have told you that you miss a lot for not having "sex", the answer is a capital “YES”. You miss a lot and would continue missing them: 1. You miss contracting HIV 2. You miss unwanted pregnancy. 3. You miss being an unwanted a teen mother or father. 4. You miss havinga Sexually Transmitted yokes and bondages. 5. You miss having an unwanted child. 6. You miss being a school dropout. 7. You miss having a broken home. 8. You miss making God and your parents sad and disappointed. 9. You miss barrenness due to abortions (if you are a lady). 10. You miss having destroyed career prospects. 11. You miss risking cervical cancer. 12. You miss getting worried because you may get pregnant after sex. 13. You miss being "used" and dumped. 14. You miss being depressed all the time. 15. You miss throwing your virginity in the mud. 16. You miss getting serious "broken heart". 17. You miss fornication 18. You miss the punishment of the grave. 19. You miss weakening your veins at the early stage. 20. You miss selling your dignity in just 5mins for a useless pleasure. and finally 21. You miss being thrown into Hell fire Have you seen that you really miss a lot by not having premarital sex? My fellow Brothers and Sisters in both Islam and Christianity your life is worth more than five minutes enjoyment that can destroy your life in the Present and future reserve your body not just for your future husband or wife but for d sake of Almighty God.

2 Likes

Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by mamawin(f): 8:28pm On Aug 18, 2016
Icecomrade:
[b]
Stories we get from "Abstinence teachings" on social Media.

1. Help!!! My husband has a small ddick. What should I do?

2. Help!!! My Husband is a 1 minute man. He cannot satisfy me in bed. What should I do?

3. Help!!! My Wife does not like sex, I am tempted to go outside. What should I do?

4. Help!!! My Husband touches me once in 6 months since after our marriage. What should I do?

5. Help!!! My wife cries each time we make love. I am even afraid to touch her. What should I do?

6. Help!!! My husband has a weak eerection. I don't feel his ddick inside me. What should I do?

7. Help My wife is not Good in bed. She lies like a lug of wood. I don't enjoy sex with her . What should I do?

When you refused to check what your buying before you pay, please don't come to me for any silly advice. I have stopped contributing on threads on such topics for a very long time now.

Sexual compatibility is key to a successful marriage.

Be wise + Be smart

[/b]
seriously?
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by atu100(m): 8:59pm On Aug 18, 2016
yes it is possible if u can hold urself
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by abbeyfel: 9:20pm On Aug 18, 2016
lilyqueen:
It is the best option
Am sorry to ask this, but are you a virgin yourself?
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by abbeyfel: 9:31pm On Aug 18, 2016
I bliv the Bible says somewhere in Corinthians that if a man behaves uncomely(have s*x) with his virgin, let them marry. so this is the only reason you can have sex before marriage. so if two people sincerely love each other and they fell for the flesh, the relationship should continue and end in holy matrimony. this is Not my opinion. Search your Bible,

Google can not help you on this one..
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by DedeNkem: 9:36pm On Aug 18, 2016
Abstinence before marriage is complete rubbish!
What's the point for it?

Does it guarantee a great marriage? No! Does it guarantee anything at all? No!

In fact, having sex with someone you want to spend the rest of your life with before marraige is a great idea. It's good for you to know if you're sexually compatible with your future partner.
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by Lionofdjungle: 9:37pm On Aug 18, 2016
YES, my friend, abstinence before marriage is realistic. Despite the moral laxity, we still have many guys and ladies who are determined to practice abstinence and who remain virgins till they got married. It is a matter of determination and self discipline.

1 Like

Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by Lionofdjungle: 9:44pm On Aug 18, 2016
DedeNkem:
Abstinence before marriage is complete rubbish!
What's the point for it?

Does it guarantee a great marriage? No! Does it guarantee anything at all? No!

In fact, having sex with someone you want to spend the rest of your life with before marraige is a great idea. It's good for you to know if you're sexually compatible with your future oartber

Most of you who canvass for sexual liberty are the ones who normally look for virgins when you are ready to get married after you might have had sexual inter course with as many ladies as possible. What a hipocrasy!
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by DedeNkem: 10:46pm On Aug 18, 2016
Lionofdjungle:
Most of you who canvass for sexual liberty are the ones who normally look for virgins when you are ready to get married after you might have had sexual inter course with as many ladies as possible. What a hipocrasy!

You made no sense. Make an intelligent argument of why you disagreed with my point or just shut the f*uck up!
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by Shaev7(m): 10:47pm On Aug 18, 2016
We had better not deceive ourselves, Before God its furnication and therefore a SIN!

We shouldnt turn or bend laws just to suit or justify ourselves!

God is the Ultimate Teacher!
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by onionsoup(f): 10:48pm On Aug 18, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

Why is it the best option? undecided

IT IS VERY POSSIBLE
I AM A WITNESS TO THAT
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by onionsoup(f): 10:48pm On Aug 18, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

Why is it the best option? undecided

IT IS VERY POSSIBLE
I AM A WITNESS TO THAT AND IT PAYS A LOT TO ABSTAIN
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by Nobody: 12:13am On Aug 19, 2016
OLAADEGBU:
"Is abstinence before marriage a realistic message?" Most people are going to have sex anyway, so why bother even teaching abstinence?

Many in the modern culture have declared that sexual morality is dead, that abstinence isn't realistic, but it is instead old-fashioned and outdated. Is abstinence before marriage even reasonable in today's "hook-up culture"?
three churches and Christian organizations still insists on it
Re: "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" by bg0074real(m): 12:27am On Aug 19, 2016
Adesiji77:

@"Nobody": This is a fallacy of hasty generalization. Not everyone followsl the crowd...

You do Ges.. Lol.
But on a serious note. Everybody is not doing it. Don't be fooled! I for one is practising abstinence

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Let All The Saints Get Ready For The Rapture / Primate Nicholas Okoh Speaks On Tithing / Six Common Things Church Camera Men Are Known For

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.