Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,200 members, 7,818,666 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:20 PM

October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? (4835 Views)

Atiku's Photo With His Beautiful Daughters To Celebrate Day Of The Girl Child. / Jonathan Masterminded October 1 Bombing - Okah Insists / 2009- Nigeria In Review (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by mbulela: 10:47am On Sep 29, 2009
In New York, Foreign Minister Ojo Maduekwe will speak for Yar’Adua tonight in the general debate just before a near-empty hall. According to the UN Journal, Maduekwe will speak last, right after Afghanistan.
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by Jenke: 11:44am On Sep 29, 2009
we have a lot to celebrate like other memebers replied, at least we are not stagnant we a moving,moving is moving eithre backwards or forward.
lets celebrate one very important thing and that is the fact that we have an impotent and sick president whose life is in a state of emergency that he is not dead yet.
lets also celebrate or general failure with the the NFA in terms of sports.
ehn hen one last thing let us celebrate our illiteracy that student have suddenly turned to apperentices and traders in other to be busy and make ends meet
finally let celebarate poverty working on the streets of nigeria majestically with nice clothes and shoes,infact nicest dressing.i will come back when i remeber more things worth celebrating.
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by U1(m): 12:20pm On Sep 29, 2009
[B]FROM TUDOR[/B]
[QUOTE]I don't need Gods mercy. Tell God to have mercy on nigeria and stop collecting our tithes and offerings for nothing.[/QUOTE]

Which tithes are those? You don't pay any, do you? So why the complaints? Tithe is not imposed on people by God, when Jesus came it has become giving according to what your heart dictates to you, that is, if you like don't give.

Know what? Science and technology won't save you, they are fads, they don't last forever. However, your soul does last forever to enjoy eternal bliss or otherwise, according to your deeds here on earth. Whether you believe in God or not does not change the fact that he lives for all eternity.
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by Tudor6(f): 1:06pm On Sep 29, 2009
U1:

[B]FROM TUDOR[/B]
Which tithes are those?  You don't pay any, do you? So why the complaints? Tithe is not imposed on people by God, when Jesus came it has become giving according to what your heart dictates to you, that is, if you like don't give.

Know what? Science and technology won't save you, they are fads, they don't last forever. However, your soul does last forever to enjoy eternal bliss or otherwise, according to your deeds here on earth. Whether you believe in God or not does not change the fact that he lives for all eternity.
How is all this rubbish supposed to help Nigeria?
If you wanna discuss tithes go to the religion section.
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by smileskiss(f): 3:25pm On Sep 29, 2009
@ poster: we really don't have anything to celebrate this time we can only thank God that Naija still exist on this planet.

Ifnot i think we still have long way to go, cos the other day i was with some tourist to fouta jalloh and some mollah from western part of africa-guinea, and senegalese, dem tell me say no light 4 naija.say we dey blackout, and we talk say we get money, i sober, i shame, God bless Naija, God bless Africa, God bless the World.
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by McDoe(m): 4:09pm On Sep 29, 2009
The authorities are not unmindful of our woes. They have declared a low-key celebration. God help us!
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by 3kay945(m): 5:10pm On Sep 29, 2009
a fool at 40 dey say, fools 4ever, 9ja was a BIG fool at 40.,.well let thank GOD for what we re!.
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by 3kay945(m): 5:30pm On Sep 29, 2009
everyone of us deserve to be here in dis ugly country to experience what we re going thru, we re just reapin sometin we sown, cheesy before i 4get, ur president is a dic.k+head
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by german007(m): 5:52pm On Sep 29, 2009
@3kay945

Bro, You'r straight on point. President is a dk head, country is f)))ing messed up,
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by Anabel(f): 3:43am On Sep 30, 2009
nothing to celebrate, please think forward, una dey back back
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by ayo84(m): 4:12am On Sep 30, 2009
Good,Bad and the Ugly. no matter our complaints and sentiments about Nigeria, we should still celebrate 49 years of existence.

Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by spoOne: 7:16am On Sep 30, 2009
yes the country is messed up - thanks to our lame president.

But no genocide! So I say get some star beer, fish/dodo, and a beautiful mammy at your side - cheers, clink clink!!
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by wazzza: 7:40am On Sep 30, 2009
Wetin i want talk b say nigeria need 2 change her pampers because he don wet. The wet pampers na all dis bastard leaders.
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by chidichris(m): 11:38am On Sep 30, 2009
all in all, we are living dangeriously. there is a man tagged the best president nigeria has ever seen. he has been arround since 1999. he is still in charge. he imposed the dull man on us.
as long as that man remains in charge, nigeria will continue to go back day by day.
nigerians must in one voice ask obj to go.
old fools like him must learn to give way to new bloods especially when things are not going well.
there is one mugabe in zimbabwe and there is another mugabe in nigeria.
our mugabe must leave. the beast in him came onboard the day nigeria and nigerians refused him third term.
God Pls push obasanjo out for us that we will begin to move forward as he has become a stumbling block to the country.
obj must learn to leave with his evils loads.
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by citizenY(m): 12:02pm On Sep 30, 2009
None, we should not celebrate at all. We should realise that we are living
on the future of our children and grandchildren. The foreign reserve we
have cannot be regarded as future investment. We are not building the
necessary infrastructure by way of institutions, political, financial, legal, economic
or infrastructure that for the future.

We are living by the day, all we earn is shared every month in Abuja. Legislators
are not making the desired impact on electoral laws, constitutional review, oversight
functions and such matters. Political parties do not have internal democracy that will
facilitate genuine political culture in the society, rather all you have is godfathers and
political prostitution, cross carpeting and so on--We are now in the throes of a banking
scandal - ex governors have siphoned enormous resources into their pockets --- the list is endless.

With this catalogue , where is the progress and what legacy/ foundation have we laid? It is a shame that
we are not adequately equipping these kids with the necessary tools to compete in a very competitive future.
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by spoOne: 12:08pm On Sep 30, 2009
chidichris:

all in all, we are living dangeriously. there is a man tagged the best president nigeria has ever seen. he has been arround since 1999. he is still in charge. he imposed the dull man on us.
as long as that man remains in charge, nigeria will continue to go back day by day.
nigerians must in one voice ask obj to go.
old fools like him must learn to give way to new bloods especially when things are not going well.
there is one mugabe in zimbabwe and there is another mugabe in nigeria.
our mugabe must leave. the beast in him came onboard the day nigeria and nigerians refused him third term.
God Pls push obasanjo out for us that we will begin to move forward as he has become a stumbling block to the country.
obj must learn to leave with his evils loads.

Now you are talking gibberish – OBJ is not at the helm, go-slow yar’adua is. He’s responsible for moving the country forward, not Obj. If he’s too sick to do the job, he should handover to his VP. In the mean time get your gears ready for the march on Lasgiddi – some Star (or a beverage of your choice), your favorite snack, and meet us there. And stop the pointless talk – Mugabe is a dictator and a tyrant who has held on to power for over 30 yrs. Please allow Baba to enjoy his retirement – in retrospect, I wish he had gotten his 3rd term; we won’t be in this state of perpetual leadership vacuum.
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by chidichris(m): 7:34am On Oct 01, 2009
Now you are talking gibberish – OBJ is not at the helm, go-slow yar’adua is. He’s responsible for moving the country forward, not Obj. If he’s too sick to do the job, he should handover to his VP. In the mean time get your gears ready for the march on Lasgiddi – some Star (or a beverage of your choice), your favorite snack, and meet us there. And stop the pointless talk – Mugabe is a dictator and a tyrant who has held on to power for over 30 yrs. Please allow Baba to enjoy his retirement – in retrospect, I wish he had gotten his 3rd term; we won’t be in this state of perpetual leadership vacuum.

@ $poOne,
you sound like the new gani of our time. you are full of wisdom and knowledge. retirement you said? a man in charge of pdp board of trustees and you said he is in retirement? pls what is the name of your last school? was it a missionary school or community empowered school?
let me take you down the memory lane. obj sole handedly pick and imposed your so called go slow on us. the power to dislodge and retain him lies in the hands of obj. might yar adua go outside the lanes, obj will in the same manner send him back to the north. the one who pays the piper dictates the tone. yar adua might not be in the good books of nigerians, but that is not important because as long as he is in the good books of the one who called him unto glory, no shaking.
iif you are matching, you must know for who you are matching and that must not be fagainst yar adau as he is not there on his own neither is he there to pls you.
as i write u, obj is the only nigerian qualified to be the pdp board of trustees hence about the most powerful man in nigeria and you call that retirement?
nigeria will continue in this ways as long as none of us is ready to identify the real problem(obj) rather than yar adua is nothing but a shadow so if you like match from lagos to abuja down to aba, the story will not change.
what we have in nigeria since 2007 is called indirect rule and that is just that.
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by thameamead(f): 12:49pm On Oct 01, 2009
@PUSKIN, well said. u hit the nail on the head. i think africa is cursed, we have bn blessed with so many raw materials . we sell our raw materials on the cheap to the west and we spend more to buy back the processed stuff. the west benefits from africa but most people in africa live below the poverty line. God help us all
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by seanbudos(m): 1:25am On Oct 02, 2009
Well, its good to be counting years of failure. 49 yrs now without no hope from all this good for nothing leader.
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by spoOne: 4:41am On Oct 02, 2009
chidichris:

@ $poOne,
you sound like the new gani of our time. you are full of wisdom and knowledge. retirement you said? a man in charge of pdp board of trustees and you said he is in retirement? pls what is the name of your last school? was it a missionary school or community empowered school?
let me take you down the memory lane. obj sole handedly pick and imposed your so called go slow on us. the power to dislodge and retain him lies in the hands of obj. might yar adua go outside the lanes, obj will in the same manner send him back to the north. the one who pays the piper dictates the tone. yar adua might not be in the good books of nigerians, but that is not important because as long as he is in the good books of the one who called him unto glory, no shaking.
iif you are matching, you must know for who you are matching and that must not be fagainst yar adau as he is not there on his own neither is he there to pls you.
as i write u, obj is the only nigerian qualified to be the pdp board of trustees hence about the most powerful man in nigeria and you call that retirement?
nigeria will continue in this ways as long as none of us is ready to identify the real problem(obj) rather than yar adua is nothing but a shadow so if you like match from lagos to abuja down to aba, the story will not change.
what we have in nigeria since 2007 is called indirect rule and that is just that.

Since Obj is the puppeteer and Yar’Adua is the puppet, by your own wacky and convoluted conspiracy theory, I wonder who’s yanking Obj’s
strings – who’s Obj’s puppeteer? We can’t just stop at Obj/Yar’Adua Puppeteer/Puppet relationship, can we?

You are entitled to your own opinion and conclusions – I am just not willing to have a long-winded conspiracy laden political debate.

Yar’Adua is the president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, and the general consensus from the electorates is that he’s not performing.
But if you feel Yar’Adua is some how devoid of any responsibility for the current state of the country, then that’s your prerogative – but I’ll say you are in the minority.
Re: October 1, 2009, Nigeria At 49, Anything To Celebrate? by chidichris(m): 11:05am On Oct 02, 2009
Since Obj is the puppeteer and Yar’Adua is the puppet, by your own wacky and convoluted conspiracy theory, I wonder who’s yanking Obj’s
strings – who’s Obj’s puppeteer? We can’t just stop at Obj/Yar’Adua Puppeteer/Puppet relationship, can we?

You are entitled to your own opinion and conclusions – I am just not willing to have a long-winded conspiracy laden political debate.

Yar’Adua is the president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, and the general consensus from the electorates is that he’s not performing.
But if you feel Yar’Adua is some how devoid of any responsibility for the current state of the country, then that’s your prerogative – but I’ll say you are in the minority.

@$poOne,

that i am on the minority does not matter to ùe rather i am concerned sole proven facts.
who are the electorates?
are u in any way baised with circustances and situations that gave birth to the one u call the president?
what is the history of pdp board of trustees and how do u relate that to the pdp amended constitution that qualified obj as the only candidate for that post?
if u care about the make of obj, trace his way out of prison and revisit oputa panel as mustapha was on hand to tell nigerians how the name obj was made the president even while in jail.
if u are a realistic political analyst rather than a gramatical confusionist, u will agree with me that majority and minority has little or no relevance to vital decissions in nigeria.
the fact that u mentioned obj as one in retirement makes it clear that u are uninformed or blank on the political terms and their implications.
be reminded that the number of vocabs in ur sentences are not the determining factor rather the sense u are able to make at the end of the day.
the former pdp chairman pdp board of trustees - tony annenih is now the current chairman nigeria ports authority hence i urge u to understand that obj's position is far from reitirement. there is a possibility of been the next local govt chairman of his area.
if u are able to write again, i will be readily available to lecture u on certain polictical situations with facts and figures.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Stop Using Religion To Destabilize South West, ACN Warns PDP / Lagos Is Not A ‘no Man’s Land’ But… / Throwback Wedding Picture Of President Muhammadu Buhari And His Wife, Aisha.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.