Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,418 members, 7,954,659 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:20 AM

Lagos Ranks World’s 3rd Worst City To Live In - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Ranks World’s 3rd Worst City To Live In (22538 Views)

Lagos Ranks World’s Second Cheapest City, Singapore Most Expensive / Abeokuta Ranked Fourth Worst City To Live In Africa / 5 Best Nigerian Cities To Live In - Do You Agree? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Ranks World’s 3rd Worst City To Live In by lexyclasy: 11:11am On Aug 19, 2016
RedBeauty:
Worst city ke undecided
Who do poll undecided

Lagos all day everyday baby if them like let it be dumping ground for waste : fact still remains it is the heart of naija .. smiley

And if you feel is the heart of Naija.....thats exactly how they rate Naija....so dont cry...people like you who doesnt accept mistakes or ready to learn are the ones that contributed for Naija failures...Now lets go this way and see how the inedx is faulty
1.stability-did we ever arrest Boko haram terrorists in Lagos, did boko haram terrorist ever issue threats to Lagos severally, did Niger delta militants ever issue threats to Lagos severally, Do we have a well coordinated long standing militant group at Arepo near Lagos, how many aerial survelance choppers do we have in lagos, how do we get response from security agents e.g at 1am is it quick or aftermath, how accessible and unique numbering is our street for effective response, how effective is our insurance scheme for humans and properties
2.Healthcare-Lets be serious for ourselves do we have efficient medical unit for the over 80% population of Lagosians who are mostly lower/middle class, are they affordable if any, do we have healthcare insurance for the cadre of people we are talking about, how effective is primary and secondary healthcare that suppose to be free for this cadre of people or even minimal charges
3.Environment-Be the judge here, even you knows that Lagos is overcrowded and dirty mostly mainland, YABA area leading to Akoka,APAPA, Ikotun, Ketu, Bariga, Mile1-12, Oshodi, Aje,Agege/Pencenima, Iju/Ishaga don't tell me Lagos is only V/I, Lekki, Ikoyi, Part of Ikeja, the greater part of Lagos is a mess and eyesore to say the least, cost of leaving like accommodation is still high in Lagos unless at a rejected area,look at our water bodies and drainage very dirty and smelling, harbours of mosquitoes, cholera, dysentery etc we should avoid dumping refuse in water during rain to avoid drainage blocks
4.Infrastructure-We still have a lot to do for infrastructure to be simultaneous to the growing population....in my own opinion for them to even rate Lagos high for infra doesn't mean they have pass mark i stand with analysis of NAIRALAND poster NoreenUG....Lagos traffic alone can give you a nightmare it doesn't mean that we have more vehicles in Lagos than NY its because no adequate road network/Interchange in Lagos, No pipe borne water in Lagos, no metro rail link in Lagos, no efficient sea transport in Lagos, no steady power supply in Lagos despite huge business compliant friendly,
5.Culture-Not much to talk about even though we have minimal uncultured lifestyle like gay, diabolism, drug cartel etc
6.Education-We have a lot to do here to harmonize the teaming population explosion witnessing daily in Lagos still have leaking roofs and decay school building in Lagos environment which does not suppose to be so in a place like Lagos, Lack of teaching aids, we are not talking about the same schools in Lekki, V/I, IKOYI etc which are mostly private and highly exorbitant not for lower/middle class population
My conclusion, if we want Lagos to be rank in the committees of great cities let us consider the indexes very important and work towards attaining those height you cannot underscore the fact that the aforementioned cities worth it such as Vancouver, Toronto, Melbourne, London, Paris, Tokyo, Vienna, Swiss etc Let us not develop the habit of criticism rather see it as a yard stick and avenue to use it and improve our living standard however if the condition is better it still we that will enjoys it not the raters nothing good like a nice place to live

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Ranks World’s 3rd Worst City To Live In by segcymoor(m): 11:14am On Aug 19, 2016
Hiroto:
I love lagos state nd even the devil cannot change my mind sef
Yeah..born and bread in Lagos

-------
They must be mad grin
Re: Lagos Ranks World’s 3rd Worst City To Live In by Nobody: 11:18am On Aug 19, 2016
Sheggy13:

Some of these white people that come up with these useless statistics are just plain dumb. I was taking the report serious until I came across this quote as their reason for such poor ranking of Lagos: "Continued threats from groups like Boko Haram acts as a constraint to improving stability in Lagos". Please how does Boko Haram that hold sway in far away North-Eastern part of the country have any kind of direct effect on Lagos? Instead of our people to read and question the objectivity of this report, they see as an opportunity to instigate a tribal war and bash Yorubas like Lagos is solely occupied by Yorubas. Really unfortunate.

Unity is best for everyone inspite of ethnic group you came from. Reading all the threads here I only 3 out of 100 were objective while the rest used that as an oppurtunity to instigate tribal wars. You all don't need that. Be expose, life is short, make good things out of your life, live good life. If care is not taken properly, the hatred will remain and I believe non of the ethnic group will survive it.

@ sheggy13 you make sense die
Re: Lagos Ranks World’s 3rd Worst City To Live In by Pokermon: 11:19am On Aug 19, 2016
saintkel:
Wen they said Onitsha was a dirty city, d children of hate stormed d thread to insult Anambra n its people. Now see where u r, it pays not to hate.
Flatron-lagooner
Re: Lagos Ranks World’s 3rd Worst City To Live In by Sheggy13(m): 11:29am On Aug 19, 2016
ruggedised:
can imagine if it was SE state. sophisticated Afonjas for storm this thread with their insults and bitterness
But I thought your people claim to develop Lagos and that it is a no-man's land. So because a negative report with a baseless reason of Boko haram causing instability was given against Lagos, you now remember it's meant for the Afonjas. You people and inconsistency.
Re: Lagos Ranks World’s 3rd Worst City To Live In by Nobody: 11:42am On Aug 19, 2016
ooshinibos:

how can you love a city that has no electricity, no drainage system , no transport hub to mention a few , how ?? ..you must have not ventured out of Nigeria ..and you are the reasons why we have berated politicians ..because they know Nigerians love miscreant and demonic leaders . dEVIL DOES NOT NEED TO CHANGE YOUR MIND , he has already got your mind :-) ..suffering and smilling
from where you're u will not understand me...
Re: Lagos Ranks World’s 3rd Worst City To Live In by Nobody: 11:43am On Aug 19, 2016
segcymoor:
Yeah..born and bread in Lagos

------- They must be mad grin
grin I no lie you my guy
Re: Lagos Ranks World’s 3rd Worst City To Live In by chosen6(f): 11:55am On Aug 19, 2016
RedBeauty:
Worst city ke undecided
Who do poll undecided

Lagos all day everyday baby if them like let it be dumping ground for waste : fact still remains it is the heart of naija .. smiley

In the voice of Nnamdi Kanu.......***Lagos is the heart of darkness*****

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ranks World’s 3rd Worst City To Live In by uzolexis(f): 11:56am On Aug 19, 2016
Ajibel:
Many bigots would miss this part

Lagos scored highest in culture and environment, followed by infrastructure. It scored lowest in stability.

Lol. You are the one who lacks comprehension and understanding cos you are in a hurry to label pple bigots. I see someone has explained to you what the statement you referred to meant. I hope you understand now.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Ranks World’s 3rd Worst City To Live In by Nobody: 12:15pm On Aug 19, 2016
Goldenheart:
Ranked by haters. ... tongue

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Ranks World’s 3rd Worst City To Live In by Nobody: 12:16pm On Aug 19, 2016
michaelandre:
let me get something straight last time I check the economy of slums in Lagos is bigger and better than the whole igboland put together grin

Re: Lagos Ranks World’s 3rd Worst City To Live In by Nobody: 12:21pm On Aug 19, 2016
michaelandre:
go and ask nnamdi KANU y he choosed to stay in a Lagos hotel than go to aba that is how u will know

Re: Lagos Ranks World’s 3rd Worst City To Live In by Nobody: 12:22pm On Aug 19, 2016
michaelandre:
the least school in Lagos is better than the best school in igboland. so stop those lies

Re: Lagos Ranks World’s 3rd Worst City To Live In by Heavance(m): 12:24pm On Aug 19, 2016
The population of Lagos is not up to 22 million, come on, why do people keep inflating the figure?
The last census figure puts Lagos at less than 10million, how can a city's population. become more than double in 10 years? You see the crowd doesn't mean you're seeing thousands, talk less of millions.
okay, Kano had the highest figure during the last census, now, can we claim Kano state population is 30 million, even going by the voters during last years election.........

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ranks World’s 3rd Worst City To Live In by Nobody: 12:27pm On Aug 19, 2016
Sheggy13:

But I thought your people claim to develop Lagos and that it is a no-man's land. So because a negative report with a baseless reason of Boko haram causing instability was given against Lagos, you now remember it's meant for the Afonjas. You people and inconsistency.

Re: Lagos Ranks World’s 3rd Worst City To Live In by Stanbeto: 12:46pm On Aug 19, 2016
Ilu eko adara fun wa, ilu eko ilu oloba
Re: Lagos Ranks World’s 3rd Worst City To Live In by Jacko1(m): 1:13pm On Aug 19, 2016
Afonjas
Eyah.... Lagos una dey use make nonsense mouth up and down
Evrywer.... Water pump
No drainage system
No gas pipsline system
Dat is wat makes a city......utilities dat can be billed

No phone or internet sysytem dat runs into evry1 house
Lagos.... Lagos.... Lagos
Making noise up and down
Sha dey say in land of blind...... One eye na king

Before lagos go reach som cities like accra or cairo ehn hehe

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Ranks World’s 3rd Worst City To Live In by EVENTSPRO: 1:14pm On Aug 19, 2016
Steve Ayorinde, Lagos State Commissioner for Information, could not be reached for comments last night as phone calls and text messages to his mobile number yielded no response..

If na u be d commissioner u go respond?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ranks World’s 3rd Worst City To Live In by Ajibel(m): 2:02pm On Aug 19, 2016
uzolexis:

Lol. You are the one who lacks comprehension and understanding cos you are in a hurry to label pple bigots. I see someone has explained to you what the statement you referred to meant. I hope you understand now.

Well, maybe you are one of the bigots on NL I refer to that would jump at any news that seems to portray Lagos in a bad light tongue
Re: Lagos Ranks World’s 3rd Worst City To Live In by Orikinla(m): 2:36pm On Aug 19, 2016
Very fake report.

I dismissed the last report and got this reply.

[size=18pt]London@eiu.com

02/09/2013

to Americas, Asia, emea, me
Further to your enquiry I write to advise that the below quote cannot be attributed to the EIU but to news coverage of our ranking to which we cannot be held responsible.

This comment was not made by the EIU, as we would never would say something that inflammatory in our liveability reports.

Kind regards

Laura Thorn

The Economist Intelligence Unit

20 Cabot Square London E14 4QW

United Kingdom

Telephone: +44 (0)20 7576 8181

E-mail: london@eiu.com

Re: Lagos Ranks World’s 3rd Worst City To Live In by moshould(m): 2:45pm On Aug 19, 2016
In Olamide's voice,, if I carry you go banana island you go love lagos ooo.....
Re: Lagos Ranks World’s 3rd Worst City To Live In by uzolexis(f): 2:46pm On Aug 19, 2016
Ajibel:

Well, maybe you are one of the bigots on NL I refer to that would jump at any news that seems to portray Lagos in a bad light tongue

I don't need to jump at any news, Lagos is a verrrryyyyyyy horrible city. I was born and grew up in Lagos but I studied in Umuahia and served in Ibadan and those cities are way better than Lagos as well as many other cities in Nigeria. Lagos is for mad pple,If the life span of the average Nigerian is 50 the lifespan of the average Lagosian is 25.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ranks World’s 3rd Worst City To Live In by Ajibel(m): 3:28pm On Aug 19, 2016
uzolexis:

I don't need to jump at any news, Lagos is a verrrryyyyyyy horrible city. I was born and grew up in Lagos but I studied in Umuahia and served in Ibadan and those cities are way better than Lagos as well as many other cities in Nigeria. Lagos is for mad pple,If the life span of the average Nigerian is 50 the lifespan of the average Lagosian is 25.

Lol

Everyone cant like Lagos. I grew up in Anambra and thought it to be the best place to live in due to the hustling spirit in Onitsha but after i left for Lagos about 5 years ago, I have come to Love Lagos; it's madness, hustle and struggle, crazy lifestyle and whatever has made Lagos, Lagos.

Asides that, one thing I have noticed in NL is how some folks wish everything bad to Lagos, they want to hear the bad sides of Lagos and that's what informed my post about what the bigots would miss.

Apart from Lagos, I cant live in any other SW state. I've been to Ogun, Osun and Oyo (my state of origin) and those places are a No for me, but someone like you might like the place.
Re: Lagos Ranks World’s 3rd Worst City To Live In by Ajibel(m): 3:31pm On Aug 19, 2016
EVENTSPRO:

Steve Ayorinde, Lagos State Commissioner for Information, could not be reached for comments last night as phone calls and text messages to his mobile number yielded no response..

If na u be d commissioner u go respond?

Lol. He switched off in order to have time to consult with his colleagues and then respond with a very robust reply.

I'm sure they will respond. When the Economist posted a scathing article about Ambode's administration last year, they responded in defence.
Re: Lagos Ranks World’s 3rd Worst City To Live In by uzolexis(f): 3:52pm On Aug 19, 2016
Ajibel:

Lol

Everyone cant like Lagos. I grew up in Anambra and thought it to be the best place to live in due to the hustling spirit in Onitsha but after i left for Lagos about 5 years ago, I have come to Love Lagos; it's madness, hustle and struggle, crazy lifestyle and whatever has made Lagos, Lagos.

Asides that, one thing I have noticed in NL is how some folks wish everything bad to Lagos, they want to hear the bad sides of Lagos and that's what informed my post about what the bigots would miss.

Apart from Lagos, I cant live in any other SW state. I've been to Ogun, Osun and Oyo (my state of origin) and those places are a No for me, but someone like you might like the place.
I guess you like crazy, I don't, I like peace and quiet, places like Enugu, Umuahia, Asaba, Benin, Abeokuta, Ibadan are my kind of place.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Ranks World’s 3rd Worst City To Live In by Ajibel(m): 4:03pm On Aug 19, 2016
uzolexis:

I guess you like crazy, I don't, I like peace and quiet, places like Enugu, Umuahia, Asaba, Benin, Abeokuta, Ibadan are my kind of place.

If you don't like a craze atmosphere, no surprises because most ladies dont.

But Lagos is not entirely a crazy place, there are some serene environs one can enjoy peace that you can also see in the states you mentioned like in the Island but that's if you have the money.

But lemme also mention that Lagos is more crowded than Enugu, Ondo and your so-called-peaceful states that's why those states look peaceful and quiet unlike Eko smiley
Re: Lagos Ranks World’s 3rd Worst City To Live In by Nobody: 4:47pm On Aug 19, 2016
Lilimax:
All these rankings sef undecided The Economist Intelligence Unit? Who are they ?embarassed
They are ipob, pdp, nda, igbos

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ranks World’s 3rd Worst City To Live In by timunstopable: 5:15pm On Aug 19, 2016
[/b]Continued threats from groups like Boko Haram acts as a constraint to improving stability in Lagos,’’ the report stated.[b]

Boko Haram threats in Lagos ke..is Lagos now maiduguri these oyibos will just sit down and watch cnn reporting about Boko Haram and conclude its affects the whole of Nigeria including Lagos

And you call this intelligence report..Nonsense

nonsense
Re: Lagos Ranks World’s 3rd Worst City To Live In by RedBeauty: 5:55pm On Aug 19, 2016
lexyclasy:
And if you feel is the heart of Naija.....thats exactly how they rate Naija....so dont cry...people like you who doesnt accept mistakes or ready to learn are the ones that contributed for Naija failures...Now lets go this way and see how the inedx is faulty
1.stability-did we ever arrest Boko haram terrorists in Lagos, did boko haram terrorist ever issue threats to Lagos severally, did Niger delta militants ever issue threats to Lagos severally, Do we have a well coordinated long standing militant group at Arepo near Lagos, how many aerial survelance choppers do we have in lagos, how do we get response from security agents e.g at 1am is it quick or aftermath, how accessible and unique numbering is our street for effective response, how effective is our insurance scheme for humans and properties
2.Healthcare-Lets be serious for ourselves do we have efficient medical unit for the over 80% population of Lagosians who are mostly lower/middle class, are they affordable if any, do we have healthcare insurance for the cadre of people we are talking about, how effective is primary and secondary healthcare that suppose to be free for this cadre of people or even minimal charges
3.Environment-Be the judge here, even you knows that Lagos is overcrowded and dirty mostly mainland, YABA area leading to Akoka,APAPA, Ikotun, Ketu, Bariga, Mile1-12, Oshodi, Aje,Agege/Pencenima, Iju/Ishaga don't tell me Lagos is only V/I, Lekki, Ikoyi, Part of Ikeja, the greater part of Lagos is a mess and eyesore to say the least, cost of leaving like accommodation is still high in Lagos unless at a rejected area,look at our water bodies and drainage very dirty and smelling, harbours of mosquitoes, cholera, dysentery etc we should avoid dumping refuse in water during rain to avoid drainage blocks
4.Infrastructure-We still have a lot to do for infrastructure to be simultaneous to the growing population....in my own opinion for them to even rate Lagos high for infra doesn't mean they have pass mark i stand with analysis of NAIRALAND poster NoreenUG....Lagos traffic alone can give you a nightmare it doesn't mean that we have more vehicles in Lagos than NY its because no adequate road network/Interchange in Lagos, No pipe borne water in Lagos, no metro rail link in Lagos, no efficient sea transport in Lagos, no steady power supply in Lagos despite huge business compliant friendly,
5.Culture-Not much to talk about even though we have minimal uncultured lifestyle like gay, diabolism, drug cartel etc
6.Education-We have a lot to do here to harmonize the teaming population explosion witnessing daily in Lagos still have leaking roofs and decay school building in Lagos environment which does not suppose to be so in a place like Lagos, Lack of teaching aids, we are not talking about the same schools in Lekki, V/I, IKOYI etc which are mostly private and highly exorbitant not for lower/middle class population
My conclusion, if we want Lagos to be rank in the committees of great cities let us consider the indexes very important and work towards attaining those height you cannot underscore the fact that the aforementioned cities worth it such as Vancouver, Toronto, Melbourne, London, Paris, Tokyo, Vienna, Swiss etc Let us not develop the habit of criticism rather see it as a yard stick and avenue to use it and improve our living standard however if the condition is better it still we that will enjoys it not the raters nothing good like a nice place to live
Story for d gods undecided
Re: Lagos Ranks World’s 3rd Worst City To Live In by RedBeauty: 6:03pm On Aug 19, 2016
chosen6:
In the voice of Nnamdi Kanu.......***Lagos is the heart of darkness*****

See ur life undecided
Re: Lagos Ranks World’s 3rd Worst City To Live In by huntila(m): 6:11pm On Aug 19, 2016
Uzo....biko come back to Lagos. We love you here
uzolexis:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

One Dies, Eight Injured In Anambra Road Crash / Kano Flood Kills 54 Persons, Destroys 30,356 Houses / A Nairalandler’s Trip Back To The U.S

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.