Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,020 members, 7,821,557 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:58 PM

Lagos Ranks World’s 3rd Worst City To Live In - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Ranks World’s 3rd Worst City To Live In (22370 Views)

Lagos Ranks World’s Second Cheapest City, Singapore Most Expensive / Abeokuta Ranked Fourth Worst City To Live In Africa / 5 Best Nigerian Cities To Live In - Do You Agree? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Ranks World’s 3rd Worst City To Live In by Nobody: 6:11pm On Aug 19, 2016
Afonjas:
you people should stop mentioning me, I get more than 40 mentions within 1 hr.

grin cheesy grin
Re: Lagos Ranks World’s 3rd Worst City To Live In by redsun(m): 6:45pm On Aug 19, 2016
You can't have a city without basic amenities like water,electricity,good roads and hygienic environment. Lagos,like most Nigerian cities is a city in the dark age.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ranks World’s 3rd Worst City To Live In by ooshinibos: 8:08pm On Aug 19, 2016
Hiroto:
from where you're u will not understand me...
honestly I don't understand Nigerians , I have lived in New York , London , Frankfurt , Stockholm , and the difference is clear when you compare these to Lagos ..an average Nigerian does not know they are living sub-standardly , even the rich Nigerians that use generators ,gated houses and party life cannot be compared to the poorest people in the west , how can a country like Nigeria still not boost of 24hrs electricity and healthcare ?? , what about portable water , why , why why ...it is annoying

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ranks World’s 3rd Worst City To Live In by uzolexis(f): 8:35pm On Aug 19, 2016
Ajibel:

If you don't like a craze atmosphere, no surprises because most ladies dont.

But Lagos is not entirely a crazy place, there are some serene environs one can enjoy peace that you can also see in the states you mentioned like in the Island but that's if you have the money.

But lemme also mention that Lagos is more crowded than Enugu, Ondo and your so-called-peaceful states that's why those states look peaceful and quiet unlike Eko smiley

I know it's a lot more crowded not disputing that, hence the madness and you can't be completely isolated from that madness even if you stay on the island, it won't stop you from being stuck in traffic for hours..... Anyway, different strokes

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ranks World’s 3rd Worst City To Live In by uzolexis(f): 8:41pm On Aug 19, 2016
huntila:
Uzo....biko come back to Lagos. We love you here

Lol...I love you guys too but I will send the love from here Biko, don't have to be present physically to show the love. If I ever get to settle back in Nigeria, it won't be Lagos, maybe until you make a positive change when we elect you grin wink smiley cheesy

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ranks World’s 3rd Worst City To Live In by Bifwoli: 9:05pm On Aug 19, 2016
Lagos is a hellhole not worth living in.Area boys,cratered+potholed roads,no water ,no 24/7 power,trash everywhere,overcrowding+hawkers on every corner and filthy slums galore.

The well planned Portuguese and later British city of yesteryears has now been turned into 3rd worst nightmare by the locals.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Ranks World’s 3rd Worst City To Live In by Ghost447(m): 9:52pm On Aug 19, 2016
yeyeboi:
With all the banana island and VGC? Idontbelieveit cheesy
Even if you live in BI or VGC, you will still have reasons to go to other parts of Lagos. The truth is, living in Lagos is worse than hell, you will perpetually live a life of rush and hurry, you will not sleep well and you will end up working like an elephant and eating like ant. The same distance I used to spend over 3 hours when I was in Lagos, I now spend 45 to 50 minutes in Abuja. Today, even if you give me a job offer that's 20% better in Lagos than the one I'm doing in Abuja , I will still not live in Lagos because this life is too short to start suffering like that in Lagos. Agbero is another sour thing in Lagos, omonile is another issue, security is something else, street fight everywhere, the noise is unimaginable, etc. Guy, Lagos is not for me.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Ranks World’s 3rd Worst City To Live In by uncleade(m): 12:03am On Aug 20, 2016
ooshinibos:

honestly I don't understand Nigerians , I have lived in New York , London , Frankfurt , Stockholm , and the difference is clear when you compare these to Lagos ..an average Nigerian does not know they are living sub-standardly , even the rich Nigerians that use generators ,gated houses and party life cannot be compared to the poorest people in the west , how can a country like Nigeria still not boost of 24hrs electricity and healthcare ?? , what about portable water , why , why why ...it is annoying
u are nothing but a bastard who take another man country to boast.
Re: Lagos Ranks World’s 3rd Worst City To Live In by yeyeboi(m): 8:58am On Aug 20, 2016
Ghost447:
Even if you live in BI or VGC, you will still have reasons to go to other parts of Lagos. The truth is, living in Lagos is worse than hell, you will perpetually live a life of rush and hurry, you will not sleep well and you will end up working like an elephant and eating like ant. The same distance I used to spend over 3 hours when I was in Lagos, I now spend 45 to 50 minutes in Abuja. Today, even if you give me a job offer that's 20% better in Lagos than the one I'm doing in Abuja , I will still not live in Lagos because this life is too short to start suffering like that in Lagos. Agbero is another sour thing in Lagos, omonile is another issue, security is something else, street fight everywhere, the noise is unimaginable, etc. Guy, Lagos is not for me.

Brah woooooolooooop, it seems u haven't been to lagos lately or u haven't been reading news. For ur information no more omo onile in lagos and moreover u can't imagine lagos until u see for ur self cool grin
Re: Lagos Ranks World’s 3rd Worst City To Live In by noah91(m): 10:05am On Aug 20, 2016
Anything good that comes from Lagos is for all Nigerian s but the bad is for the Yorubas. Yes, we accept the bad. Lagos remains our land and we are proud of it good or bad. Your cities are not even rated as such according to global standards
Re: Lagos Ranks World’s 3rd Worst City To Live In by Ghost447(m): 11:36am On Aug 20, 2016
yeyeboi:

Brah woooooolooooop, it seems u haven't been to lagos lately or u haven't been reading news. For ur information no more omo onile in lagos and moreover u can't imagine lagos until u see for ur self cool grin
Lol, just because Ambode assented to a Law criminalizing omonile activities few days ago doesn't mean omonile will cease to exist in Lagos. They have been operating outside the law & they will continue to do so.
Re: Lagos Ranks World’s 3rd Worst City To Live In by ooshinibos: 2:12pm On Aug 20, 2016
uncleade:
u are nothing but a bastard who take another man country to boast.
uncleade there lies your problem , aggressive Nigerian with no electricity and basic infrastructures , if you were this aggressive in the pursuit of building infrastructure your country will be way ahead in the league of nations , who is the bastard here ? , your leaders that have awarded billions of dollars for electricity infrastructure and still nothing has surfaced ..they are the ones that you should call bastards .. its your Nigerian mentality that have finished you uncleade..rubbish mentality leads to rubbish leaders , the rest is history , I have already left Nigeria ...I cant live in darkness in the midst of wealth uncleade
Re: Lagos Ranks World’s 3rd Worst City To Live In by yeyeboi(m): 3:57pm On Aug 20, 2016
Ghost447:
Lol, just because Ambode assent to a Law criminalizing omonile activities few days ago doesn't mean omonile will cease to exist in Lagos. They have been operating outside the law & they will continue to do so.

Let's watch and see

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

International Flights To Resume On September 5 / What Do You Think Of America? / Dilapidated Nature Of Ijoko Road, Ifo LG And Itoki Road In Ogun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.