Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,040 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

Olayinka Oduwole Makes Oxford University’s ‘Woman In Engineering’ List (Pics) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Olayinka Oduwole Makes Oxford University’s ‘Woman In Engineering’ List (Pics) (25355 Views)

"Cat Turns Into An Old Woman In Lagos After Being Stoned By Boy" - Facebook User / "Flying Bird Falls & Turns Into A Woman In Port Harcourt" - Lady Claims (Pics) / Edo Pastor Caught Sleeping With Married Woman In Church Office (Pics, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Olayinka Oduwole Makes Oxford University’s ‘Woman In Engineering’ List (Pics) by Makweembo: 8:26pm On Aug 19, 2016
TB Joshua Female Scholar Makes Nigeria Proud In Oxford University (VIDEO)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFtamNfRlVM

A prodigious Nigerian student is proudly flying the flag for both country and continent in the University of Oxford, United Kingdom.

Olayinka Oduwole has been highlighted as the sole African representative in Oxford University’s ‘Woman In Engineering’, a list containing just 25 female scholars who are excelling in their chosen fields.

“I have been privileged to meet enormously gifted personalities, who are not just academically strong but with ambition to change the world in which they live and leave a permanent footprint in history,” Olayinka wrote in her profile, featured prominently on the University of Oxford’s Department of Engineering Science website.

The University of Lagos graduate is at the tailend of a Ph.D. program at Kellogg College, Oxford, after the completion of a successful Master’s degree at University College London, UK.

In contrast to several Nigerian prodigies who are functioning abroad, Oduwole has already stated her resolve to use her invaluable experience to develop her country of origin.

“I intend to use my skills to help encourage young ones in my country into pursuing science and engineering; I intend to help revive the declining state of research in my country,” Olayinka stated on the Oxford University website, who used her as an example of an African student who was excelling amidst the competitive environment of the prestigious university.

The story of Olayinka is inspirational to say the least. From a poverty-stricken home, she was working diligently in church when spotted by Nigerian Pastor and philanthropist, T.B. Joshua.

Recognising her academic prowess and her meagre financial backing, the cleric sponsored her tertiary education in its totality.

“What you make happen for others, God will make happen for you,” Joshua told congregants when announcing he was supporting the young student with £100,000 (N45,000,000) to pursue her Ph.D. in Oxford in 2012.

In a clip uploaded to Joshua’s official YouTube channel Emmanuel TV, Olayinka gives clear advice to her fellow students seeking academic success: “Pray as if everything depends on God and work as if everything depends on you.”

With graduation around the corner, a bright future lies squarely ahead for the young Nigerian engineer.

SOURCE: http://www.thetrentonline.com/oxford-tb-joshua/

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olayinka Oduwole Makes Oxford University’s ‘Woman In Engineering’ List (Pics) by prinsam30: 9:06pm On Aug 19, 2016
I love this

But some folks will start rushing in and start their Tribal Bigotry from there it will generate to Religious Caucus and at the end of the day there will be no body to blame because good things like this don't associate with neither Bubu nor GEJ

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olayinka Oduwole Makes Oxford University’s ‘Woman In Engineering’ List (Pics) by Nobody: 9:10pm On Aug 19, 2016
Lalasticlala, this is front page worthy. At least, TB Joshua's haters would know that the man does good things, and that UNILAG is a great school.
Thumbs up for the Yorubas! Always making naija proud!

15 Likes

Re: Olayinka Oduwole Makes Oxford University’s ‘Woman In Engineering’ List (Pics) by kennyjam: 9:15pm On Aug 19, 2016
i have been following her on Emmanuel Tv. She's an Alumi of Unilag. God bless TB Joshua and the Emmanuel Tv sponsors. May God continue to see her true. We're proud of you!!!! I tap from your blessing by Faith.

4 Likes

Re: Olayinka Oduwole Makes Oxford University’s ‘Woman In Engineering’ List (Pics) by kennyjam: 9:15pm On Aug 19, 2016
[color=#990000][/color]i have been following her on Emmanuel Tv. She's an Alumi of Unilag. God bless TB Joshua and the Emmanuel Tv sponsors. May God continue to see her true. We're proud of you!!!! I tap from your blessing by Faith.

7 Likes

Re: Olayinka Oduwole Makes Oxford University’s ‘Woman In Engineering’ List (Pics) by CaptEColeJnr: 9:29pm On Aug 19, 2016
Emmanuel!!!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olayinka Oduwole Makes Oxford University’s ‘Woman In Engineering’ List (Pics) by Makweembo: 10:50pm On Aug 19, 2016
“What you make happen for others, God will make happen for you,” - LOVE this message!

6 Likes

Re: Olayinka Oduwole Makes Oxford University’s ‘Woman In Engineering’ List (Pics) by GdexFolami(m): 11:01pm On Aug 19, 2016
I'm impressed ,BT if we sef see chance go we go kill them for there nah

1 Like

Re: Olayinka Oduwole Makes Oxford University’s ‘Woman In Engineering’ List (Pics) by osasu8876: 8:27am On Aug 20, 2016
sarzy:
Nigerians are great, thanks to the Yorubas! Yorubas don't need to beat chests, the world knows they are the giants of Africa.

While some people are spoiling Nigeria's name for drug trafficking and related offences, Yorubas are refining. If the Yorubaland decides to secede today, it will become the greatest country in Africa, and top 10 globally. The Jews will keep rushing down here as immigrants!
Congrats, girl! And thanks, TB Joshua!
stupidity at its fullest maximum

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Olayinka Oduwole Makes Oxford University’s ‘Woman In Engineering’ List (Pics) by omusiliyu(m): 11:58am On Aug 20, 2016
Brown roof and ewedu republic ti take over

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olayinka Oduwole Makes Oxford University’s ‘Woman In Engineering’ List (Pics) by thundabot(f): 11:59am On Aug 20, 2016
nice one,

kudos to u
Re: Olayinka Oduwole Makes Oxford University’s ‘Woman In Engineering’ List (Pics) by Nobody: 12:00pm On Aug 20, 2016
Congrats
Re: Olayinka Oduwole Makes Oxford University’s ‘Woman In Engineering’ List (Pics) by demarc001: 12:02pm On Aug 20, 2016
congrats
Re: Olayinka Oduwole Makes Oxford University’s ‘Woman In Engineering’ List (Pics) by realmenrealhats(m): 12:02pm On Aug 20, 2016
The girl say she wan use her knowledge develop Nigeria
Na wah oh. She don hear of Dora Akunyili? Nigeria no be country way dem day help oh. If she know wetin day make she follow the legs of wise men oh.
Abeg who know how much Agofure and Goddy Edosa day charge now from Lagos to warri?

1 Like

Re: Olayinka Oduwole Makes Oxford University’s ‘Woman In Engineering’ List (Pics) by Efewestern: 12:03pm On Aug 20, 2016
Nice 1
Re: Olayinka Oduwole Makes Oxford University’s ‘Woman In Engineering’ List (Pics) by Efewestern: 12:04pm On Aug 20, 2016
sarzy:
Nigerians are great, thanks to the Yorubas! Yorubas don't need to beat chests, the world knows they are the giants of Africa.

While some people are spoiling Nigeria's name for drug trafficking and related offences, Yorubas are refining. If the Yorubaland decides to secede today, it will become the greatest country in Africa, and top 10 globally. The Jews will keep rushing down here as immigrants!

Common sense is not really common.. look at the way you made fool of yourself.. must you insult pther tribe to drive home your point ?

So tell me what do you benefit from all this ?, Are you been paid ?.. Goshh.. hiiaannnnnhhh

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olayinka Oduwole Makes Oxford University’s ‘Woman In Engineering’ List (Pics) by mhisbliss(f): 12:05pm On Aug 20, 2016
those with tribalism coursing through their veins will soon come and check names
Re: Olayinka Oduwole Makes Oxford University’s ‘Woman In Engineering’ List (Pics) by Orikinla(m): 12:05pm On Aug 20, 2016
sarzy:

[size=18pt]
What of the Yorubas wanted for drug trafficking in the US.
Are you ignorant of the news?[/size]

14 Likes

Re: Olayinka Oduwole Makes Oxford University’s ‘Woman In Engineering’ List (Pics) by Uchizzy(m): 12:06pm On Aug 20, 2016
Good for her
Re: Olayinka Oduwole Makes Oxford University’s ‘Woman In Engineering’ List (Pics) by cheleku(m): 12:06pm On Aug 20, 2016
sarzy:

You're indeed an illiterate. I pity whoever wasted time and resources in educating you. A shame the average Nigerian graduate is myopic, ethnically bigoted and plain stupid.

8 Likes

Re: Olayinka Oduwole Makes Oxford University’s ‘Woman In Engineering’ List (Pics) by xsanctus(m): 12:06pm On Aug 20, 2016
Re: Olayinka Oduwole Makes Oxford University’s ‘Woman In Engineering’ List (Pics) by kgr8mike(m): 12:07pm On Aug 20, 2016
This is a beautiful story. If more of this kind is created by our political, musical, religious, academic, celebrity, etc heavyweights, Nigeria will start its journey of greatness.
Re: Olayinka Oduwole Makes Oxford University’s ‘Woman In Engineering’ List (Pics) by Nobody: 12:08pm On Aug 20, 2016
sarzy:

It's high time we Nigerians start viewing ourselves as Nigerians and as not as same tribe or different tribe. Don't be a racist who thinks his tribe is superior

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olayinka Oduwole Makes Oxford University’s ‘Woman In Engineering’ List (Pics) by makdcash(m): 12:14pm On Aug 20, 2016
I think u have lost something upstairs

sarzy:

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olayinka Oduwole Makes Oxford University’s ‘Woman In Engineering’ List (Pics) by MadCow1: 12:16pm On Aug 20, 2016
Another reason why UNILAG is better than UNIBEN..

If she attended UNIBEN, we all know she would have been in Italy not studying.. angry

6 Likes

Re: Olayinka Oduwole Makes Oxford University’s ‘Woman In Engineering’ List (Pics) by Nobody: 12:18pm On Aug 20, 2016
sarzy:

sometimes I laughed in China when some ppl call themselves intellectuals and begin to make atrocious and hypothetical comments.......... Who told u Yorubas don't deal with drugs trafficking?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olayinka Oduwole Makes Oxford University’s ‘Woman In Engineering’ List (Pics) by Pouyan: 12:21pm On Aug 20, 2016
Wow mice.

Btw the poster above me. Only heaven knows what uniben did to him
Re: Olayinka Oduwole Makes Oxford University’s ‘Woman In Engineering’ List (Pics) by shadeyinka(m): 12:26pm On Aug 20, 2016
It actually proves that we may be backward educationally in Nigeria yet intellectually brilliant!

Kudos to the lecturers at Unilag and other Nigerian Tertiary Institutions.
Re: Olayinka Oduwole Makes Oxford University’s ‘Woman In Engineering’ List (Pics) by ChinonsoDike2: 12:27pm On Aug 20, 2016
sarzy:

One Yoruba. You're getting overly excited over one person. Her success does not cover the failures in her race.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Celebrating An Icon - Happy Birthday To Pastor Chris Oyakhilome / Family Of Francis Atsu Vondee Ebony's Bodyguard To Visit Shrine Over Son’s Death / Should I Be Worried Seeing Dead People In My Dreams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.