Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,737 members, 7,824,085 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:26 PM

How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja (57951 Views)

Concrete Pond Vs Earthen Pond / How To Start A Fish Farming Business In Nigeria / How I Started My EXPORT Business With ZERO Initial Capital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by Youngzedd(m): 2:59pm On Aug 22, 2016
Sir Kaykaymil

How do you change the water, is that not stagnant water?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by desm2437: 3:03pm On Aug 22, 2016
Bro, pls budget more #1500000-2000000naira feeds money for 18000fishes. Am telling based on experience. Fish tend to consume more feeds when they are getting older. My farm is located in onitsha. Good luck.
Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by russigin(m): 3:09pm On Aug 22, 2016
Kaykaymil:

Okai I can send You materials and video link on how to substitute so that Your fishes weight 1kg and not look like they would weigh 1kg

Please I need your help with those materials and video link. Kindly send it to nwankwoprince01@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by sunkyrazzy(m): 3:17pm On Aug 22, 2016

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by raynold(m): 3:19pm On Aug 22, 2016
Kaykaymil:
Now after all of that I have stocked the pond with 18,500 pieces of Juveniles not fingerlings. Fingerlings are too fragile for earth pond and would require heavy sorting after one month. juveniles of about 4-6 weeks old were procured at 20 naira each from Kado market in abuja from a reliable dealer. From the market to the farm the fishes were transported and are now 1 week old with a mortality of 18 so far minus cannibalism but so far so good the fishes are active and have adapted to the environment and feeding pattern all thanks to God and no problem from the community.
how can i reach you?
Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by Topestbilly(m): 3:41pm On Aug 22, 2016
Kaykaymil:

Okai I can send You materials and video link on how to substitute so that Your fishes weight 1kg and not look like they would weigh 1kg

Good day Sir, I'm into fish farming 2, on a small scale tho but will definitely enlarge it soon. My fishes are 5months today, like 70% hav grown to expectation. I will really appreciate if u can help me wilth the material and video link Sir. Thanks

topebilly@gmail.com
Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by Topestbilly(m): 3:53pm On Aug 22, 2016
lexiconkabir:
God bless your hustle, also thinking of this when i graduate, but the expense ehn shocked

Is not necessary u go in big, u can start on a small or medium scale.
Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by Nobody: 3:57pm On Aug 22, 2016
Topestbilly:

Is not necessary u go in big, u can start on a small or medium scale.

Really? Sir if i want to start small, how much will i need? Thanks!
Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by Stmiceel(m): 3:58pm On Aug 22, 2016
The cost of fingerlings procurement is high,you would have saved half of it for feeds if you buy @10.
Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by Stmiceel(m): 3:58pm On Aug 22, 2016
The cost of fingerlings procurement is high,you would have saved half of it for feeds if you buy @#10.
Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by lionphil(m): 4:02pm On Aug 22, 2016
Lovely!
Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by lionphil(m): 4:05pm On Aug 22, 2016
[quote author=Kaykaymil post=48661430]

Okai I can send You materials and video link on how to substitute so that Your fishes weight 1kg and not look like they would weigh 1kg[/quote

1 Like

Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by abike12(f): 4:15pm On Aug 22, 2016
This is inspiring. More grease to your elbow OP, and I wish you best of luck
Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by aumoria(m): 4:18pm On Aug 22, 2016
OP, you will need to be careful with your projection for feeding. With FCR of, at best 1:1, even with using locally formulated feed at about 250/kg, you will need #250000x18 (#4.5m) to raise the stock to 1kg excluding other costs. Good luck.
Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by Topestbilly(m): 4:19pm On Aug 22, 2016
lexiconkabir:

Really? Sir if i want to start small, how much will i need? Thanks!

Dat will depend on how small, 500 to 1000 is also small. I started with jus 200p but thank God today.

If u don't have enough capital u can start with tank instead of concrete or earthen.

The important things are:

Land space to install the tank

Borehole or good quality uninterrupted tape water.

And the most important is their feed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by Nobody: 4:36pm On Aug 22, 2016
Topestbilly:

Dat will depend on how small, 500 to 1000 is also small. I started with jus 200p but thank God today.

If u don't have enough capital u can start with tank instead of concrete or earthen.

The important things are:

Land space to install the tank

Borehole or good quality uninterrupted tape water.

And the most important is their feed.

Thanks bro! appreciated smiley

1 Like

Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by dondo83(m): 4:37pm On Aug 22, 2016
Kaykaymil:

sent
seen . I will look into it thanks
Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by Emmanuel1903: 4:37pm On Aug 22, 2016
Please how much can i get a concrete fish pond i will love to go into it but i have #100,000 to start.
Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by dondo83(m): 4:38pm On Aug 22, 2016
Kaykaymil:

sent
Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by dondo83(m): 4:39pm On Aug 22, 2016
Kaykaymil:

sent
Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by thawgy(m): 4:50pm On Aug 22, 2016
Nice one OP.. I am guessing you got a plot of land along the Zuba deidei express right?.. never knew there could be a swampy water retaining land there, I know quite a lot about fishery and I am also familiar with the Abuja terrain and would relocate over there if I can be assured of getting these things at the same prices you quoted here.. God bless you man

1 Like

Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by oloet: 4:57pm On Aug 22, 2016
olu1759:
if ur post is 15#how much is ur juve sir nd how many gramm is it.
we sell juvenile when they place an order for it, we sell juvenile for #22 without logistics sir and it is 7 to 9gramms
Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by drinkmorewater: 5:43pm On Aug 22, 2016
vinneyville:
you got this wrong bro...

Please enlighten me and this thread more, we are still learning

especially when it comes to Aquaculture, The terms are very broad but the ones I have stated are more less the common usages of those terms.
Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by flokii: 5:48pm On Aug 22, 2016
Nice one OP.. But how do you change d water cos it will surely get dirty at some point in tym.

Gud project, all d best
Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by bulumoty: 6:26pm On Aug 22, 2016
Pls i also need you to send me the materials and video link on how to substitute so that my fishes weight 1kg and not look like they would weigh 1kg. My mail address is bulumoty@yahoo.com Thank you.
Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by Georgechris(m): 6:43pm On Aug 22, 2016
Pls send me d file for cat fish feeding too, meanwhile, u can reach usGeorge Christopher Fisheries : Contact us for construction of Ur Quality Tarpaulin fish ponds, fingerlings & mature cat fishes 07030815857.
Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by Nobody: 6:46pm On Aug 22, 2016
i hope u would keep updating the thread on the progress... I'd love to read the harvest story.. wish u luck and success
Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by angelemmanuel: 7:09pm On Aug 22, 2016
Sir, wonderful post. I appreciate your encouragement. Please you left out the height, width, and depth of each pond you dug. I'd really like to know the sizes. Also I'd like to know how often you change water (do you empty and refill with clean water or do you just top up). How often do you do this top up or refill? Finally, I'd like a copy of your feed mix formula. Wasapp me on 0818 223 6345. Thanks once again.
Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by Kaykaymil(m): 7:21pm On Aug 22, 2016
lionphil:

Please send materials to Ikekwere@gmail.com

sent check ur box
Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by Kaykaymil(m): 7:27pm On Aug 22, 2016
Topestbilly:

Good day Sir, I'm into fish farming 2, on a small scale tho but will definitely enlarge it soon. My fishes are 5months today, like 70% hav grown to expectation. I will really appreciate if u can help me wilth the material and video link Sir. Thanks

topebilly@gmail.com

Sent to Your Email at five months they should be already be weighing 1kg already You can email be back about Your feeding pattern let me explain to You.

1 Like

Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by CnCstore: 7:29pm On Aug 22, 2016
[quote author=Kaykaymil post=48713356]

sent check ur box[/quote
Thanks

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Plantain Sucker Planting Season / Hardworking Female Farmer Processing Garri (Photos) / Imo Woman With Giant Cassava Tuber She Harvested From Her Farm (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.