Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,975 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:49 AM

How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja - Agriculture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja (57929 Views)

Concrete Pond Vs Earthen Pond / How To Start A Fish Farming Business In Nigeria / How I Started My EXPORT Business With ZERO Initial Capital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by miqos02(m): 7:55pm On Sep 29, 2016
boss man, how often do u change water sir? and also how do you prevent the nets from entering the water
Kaykaymil:
Pictures for people who do not have data to watch videos You might be not be able to see their actual size.
Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by Kaykaymil(m): 8:19pm On Sep 29, 2016
I dont change the water we run a flow through system fresh water flows in and stale water comes out from the pipe on the other end. In order to prevent the nets there is a twine You run from peg to peg. The net relaxes upon this twine which makes it stronger for it to catch birds and frogs that jump on it without sinking.

miqos02:
boss man, how often do u change water sir? and also how do you prevent the nets from entering the water
Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by princenomics: 8:51pm On Sep 29, 2016
Great one. please I just bought an earthen pond and will want to start my fish farming soon. can you please send me the material. my email is : princenomics@yahoo.com
regards and all the best

1 Like

Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by Kaykaymil(m): 8:54pm On Sep 29, 2016
Sent
princenomics:
Great one. please I just bought an earthen pond and will want to start my fish farming soon. can you please send me the material. my email is : princenomics@yahoo.com
regards and all the best
Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by miqos02(m): 9:46pm On Sep 29, 2016
Kaykaymil:
I dont change the water we run a flow through system fresh water flows in and stale water comes out from the pipe on the other end. In order to prevent the nets there is a twine You run from peg to peg. The net relaxes upon this twine which makes it stronger for it to catch birds and frogs that jump on it without sinking.

thanks sir and goodluck
Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by Yinkame123(m): 9:49pm On Sep 29, 2016
Bros thanks for this wonderful thread. Am starting my own earthen pond God willing this month please I need the material as well. Could you please send it to jimoh.yinka50@gmail.com

Regards

1 Like

Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by senatorken01(m): 4:43am On Sep 30, 2016
Pls where can I get chemicals used in producing fry in abuja, oval prem n Artemia. Wanna start producing fry in small quantity . thanks
Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by Kaykaymil(m): 6:52am On Sep 30, 2016
You can get it at Kado fish Market near life camp round about. You can hit me up in my signature whatsapp only.

senatorken01:
Pls where can I get chemicals used in producing fry in abuja, oval prem n Artemia. Wanna start producing fry in small quantity . thanks
Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by Kaykaymil(m): 7:20am On Sep 30, 2016
Sent

Yinkame123:
Bros thanks for this wonderful thread. Am starting my own earthen pond God willing this month please I need the material as well. Could you please send it to jimoh.yinka50@gmail.com

Regards
Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by lanre2009: 8:20am On Sep 30, 2016
Thanks for the good job you are doing....please can you educate me on the advantages of rearing fish on this earthen pond system over other systems of fish farming. thanks

Kaykaymil:
Sent

Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by Nobody: 6:50pm On Sep 30, 2016
eay:

What's wrong with youths of nowadays? undecided
Is it your right to get a picture?
He feels like sharing his knowledge and experience...at least you will commend him for that.

Is it e-learning or social platforms that is siphoning respect out of most youths?

Be grateful nd appreciate ppl that inconvenience themselves to help u.
what do u mean by youth of these days? please watch how you talk to me.. I have been following the thread from day one..and I am certain that you have not seen my previous comment commending him. As a fish farmer too, I am interested in the progress but would love to see pictures, as pictures talks just as much. Even the OP responded positively.. I really don't understand how it is your business or who you are in the first place... please just excuse me..

2 Likes

Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by Kaykaymil(m): 8:35pm On Sep 30, 2016
Okay the advantages of Using earthen ponds are as follows;
1. They are cheap to construct.
2. They reduce operational cost as You do not need a borehole during the rainy season as the water comes out naturally from the ground.
3. There is this myth, Buyers prefer fishes from earthen pond as they say they are more tasty than the concrete pond.
4. You do need a generator when running earthen pond which reduces cost of production as a result of not digging a borehole which reduces the cost of operation like literarily imagine buyin 10 ltres every two days.

However the advantages does not mean it dosent have it down side like;

1. Sorting Your fishes to various size is like hell.
2. Its easy for predators like snake and frog to attack.
3. Managing diseases is very hard if not done by an experince hand.
4. You cant stock fishes from fingerling stage only juveniles otherwise the mortality rate would be high.
5. Sharp changes in PH level. etc

lanre2009:
Thanks for the good job you are doing....please can you educate me on the advantages of rearing fish on this earthen pond system over other systems of fish farming. thanks

1 Like

Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by Nobody: 11:48am On Oct 02, 2016
Kaykaymil:
Pictures for people who do not have data to watch videos You might be not be able to see their actual size.
wow I'm so impressed by the progress... can't wait to see the fishes when they get really big

1 Like

Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by Kaykaymil(m): 1:27pm On Oct 02, 2016
Young shall grow
booqee:
wow I'm so impressed by the progress... can't wait to see the fishes when they get really big

1 Like

Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by Ifedayour007(m): 1:28pm On Oct 02, 2016
Kaykaymil:
Check the video link for update on my fish to see their sizes they are really doing well. I have been using aquamax though it is made in Nigeria I think it is cheaper for me and I get the desired result. I cant afford to use Durante which the prices are soaring off the roof now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMHNRVfy5gg

Wow, God bless you big for sharing this wonderful job. I like your courage and I am more than impressed. I am currently working on my hatchery cause I intend doing mass production for melange. Please kindly send me the materials , I am sure it will help me in learning more about catfish production. Thanks. Ifedayookunola@yahoo.com
Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by Kaykaymil(m): 1:38pm On Oct 02, 2016
I bought some feeds on friday about 30 Bags of 4MM aquamax which would last them for about two weeks for those thinking that there have not been challenges meen there are alot let me list them:

1. Sometimes we have issues with Land grabbers who would come with falsified documents to claim that some part of Your land falls into theirs thank God for the fence and the people of the community we are able to wade them off.

2. During very heavy rains the flood sometimes wash sand back into the pond and we have to clear the sand back out. Some of the Pond collapsed and we have to buy wood to basically hold it from crashing in.

3. Negligence of staff: they sometimes do not pay attention to detail like taking stock and when feeding alot does wasted the hit the ground and I have to supervise them every weekend to ensure they are going with the operational plan.

1 Like

Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by Kaykaymil(m): 2:23pm On Oct 02, 2016
Amen thanks, I have sent You a mail are Your located in Abuja?

Ifedayour007:

Wow, God bless you big for sharing this wonderful job. I like your courage and I am more than impressed. I am currently working on my hatchery cause I intend doing mass production for melange. Please kindly send me the materials , I am sure it will help me in learning more about catfish production. Thanks. Ifedayookunola@yahoo.com
Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by noeloge82(m): 7:06pm On Oct 02, 2016
Op ur doing great but a have a little advice for u in case of next time

Instead of using aqua max pls try top fish feed
The price difference is not more than 300 naira but check there protein content at this stage of ur fish growth they need more protein to shoot and with aqua max u can't get that type of result
When u want to sell and u scale ur fish u will understand the magic of profit margin if the cost will be too much then reduce the quantity so that after sales u will smile
If doubt me after sales quote me and proof me wrong
That's my little contribution
Kaykaymil:

1 Like

Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by Kaykaymil(m): 7:15am On Oct 03, 2016
Thanks Would look into it.

noeloge82:
Op ur doing great but a have a little advice for u in case of next time

Instead of using aqua max pls try top fish feed
The price difference is not more than 300 naira but check there protein content at this stage of ur fish growth they need more protein to shoot and with aqua max u can't get that type of result
When u want to sell and u scale ur fish u will understand the magic of profit margin if the cost will be too much then reduce the quantity so that after sales u will smile
If doubt me after sales quote me and proof me wrong
That's my little contribution
Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by baba11(m): 7:30am On Oct 03, 2016
Hello bro..kindly send the materials to me too @ a************@gmail.com

Thanks in anticipation!! cool

1 Like

Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by Ifedayour007(m): 9:15am On Oct 03, 2016
Kaykaymil:

I am in Akure, ondo state.
Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by Nerica(m): 12:09pm On Oct 03, 2016
Hello bro, i just got an earthen pond wish to stock juvenile soon.Pls send the material to aderemi20@yahoo.com. Thanks

1 Like

Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by Sunnysteve009(m): 2:51am On Oct 04, 2016
Good job, sir i intend starting fish farming soon need the material, sunnysteve009@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by baba11(m): 12:29pm On Oct 04, 2016
baba11:
Hello bro..kindly send the materials to me too @ a************@gmail.com

Thanks in anticipation!! cool

Seen...thanks&&&
Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by Ttalk: 1:40pm On Oct 04, 2016
I was at Kaykaymill farm in Abuja on Sunday and i instantly fell in love with earthen pond. His approach to his farm has been amazing and after listening to him for sometime i fond in him someone who knows his onions. He planned his business, from location of farm to construction to stocking and to choosing staff. The fish are very strong and healthy with equal growth. They are already at melange in less than 2months and it is certain they will attain very reasonable weight in 4 to 5 months.

Congrats for your courage and zeal and thanks for the entertainment.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by Nichowaleo: 2:37pm On Oct 04, 2016
Hello sir, please can you send me the ebook on fish farming to my email: nichowaleo@gmail.com. thanks boss in advance.

1 Like

Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by Hallams(m): 8:58pm On Oct 04, 2016
please snd the ebook to segunalamu7@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by Kaykaymil(m): 9:59pm On Oct 04, 2016
We thank God Boss, what would we do. Recession has got everybody working to make Nigeria a better place. You know You are still going to help in the transition to local feed.

Ttalk:
I was at Kaykaymill farm in Abuja on Sunday and i instantly fell in love with earthen pond. His approach to his farm has been amazing and after listening to him for sometime i fond in him someone who knows his onions. He planned his business, from location of farm to construction to stocking and to choosing staff. The fish are very strong and healthy with equal growth. They are already at melange in less than 2months and it is certain they will attain very reasonable weight in 4 to 5 months.

Congrats for your courage and zeal and thanks for the entertainment.

Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by Ttalk: 10:42am On Oct 05, 2016
Kaykaymil:
We thank God Boss, what would we do. Recession has got everybody working to make Nigeria a better place. You know You are still going to help in the transition to local feed.

Sir, kindly check your mail. I have sent the cost analysis

1 Like

Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by pearlyfish: 10:33pm On Oct 07, 2016
Kaykaymil:

Op God bless your hustle. I like your zeal. Kindly send me those alternatives and the video please. I am a newbie and have small fish farm hoping to expand in the nearest future. osifo353@gmail.com. Thank you in anticipation. God bless you and your farm.

1 Like

Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by saidu4urp(m): 7:14am On Oct 10, 2016
Good morning mr Kaykaymil ,pls kindly send me the e-book and the videos thanks. saidu4urp@gmail.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by Kaykaymil(m): 7:38pm On Oct 11, 2016
I weighed my fishes before transitioning today I weighed about 30 and too the average at two months and they weigh 0.3kg on the average after eating foreign food for 8weeks I stopped at 6MM because they were draining a borehole in my pocket

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Plantain Sucker Planting Season / Hardworking Female Farmer Processing Garri (Photos) / Imo Woman With Giant Cassava Tuber She Harvested From Her Farm (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.