Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,459 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:53 AM

How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja - Agriculture (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja (57886 Views)

Concrete Pond Vs Earthen Pond / How To Start A Fish Farming Business In Nigeria / How I Started My EXPORT Business With ZERO Initial Capital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by miqos02(m): 7:52pm On Apr 21, 2017
Kaykaymil:
so Far so good fishes has been doing good inspite os the draught of rain for over 2 weeks but God has been faithful. Just taking a eye sample my fishes are weighing on the average of 0.7kg per fish I intend to sell at the end of the month when they are four months Old by then a whole chunk of them would be weighing 1Kg and the current price the farm beside me sold in Abuja here was N650 for 1k -1.3kg and N560 for melange I would soon update the current size of my fishes just watch out. It has been God all the way inspite of several challenges thank to @ttalk He was Godsent
no update?
Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by hollumighty95(m): 8:56pm On Jun 29, 2017
pls sir @kaykaymil I will b glad if u can send me those materials my mail.. hollumighty95@gmail.com thanks in anticipation
Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by Kaykaymil(m): 10:42am On Jul 02, 2017
Okay Guys another farming season has started last week I would say sorry for not being able to post since. I have just been ovewhelmed with alot of activities. I know alot would like to know if I did well in my last harvest I would say Yes it was and I learnt a valuable lesson. I would post soon but my fishes are 1month and 1 week old already and I have dug extra ponds for harvesting.
Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by FIIRM: 8:34am On Jul 07, 2017
Dear @KayKaymil

Nice job on here. I wish i could take up the challenge you set up. Kindly share with me the material that may be of help to me. mikola0507@yahoo.com

Also, am in Abuja and might wish to come for farm visit.

Thanks
Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by senatorken01(m): 6:09pm On Aug 06, 2017
Mr Kaykaymil, kindly share me with some of the materials too on agboolakehindeisrael@gmail.com.
Thanks
Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by mozel247: 1:23am On Aug 07, 2017
My dey sir..
Just stumbled on ur post and have to stay all night to read all including comments.. Some were very funny and some useful.. I had saved whole lot of number..

Currently running rented earthen pond with 4k fingerlings.. (doing well in their 3rd week) advance stage of setting up my hatchering at home so I can only stock a juvenile which may b too costly to purchase..

My problem is I need a location I can buy.. Pls can u send me a mail so I can have discussion with u on that..?

mosesehinlaro@gmail.com

2ndly I just got an lpo for extruder that pellet floating Foo for less than 3m for 4tonne per hour.. Though much for me.. I have requested for lpo for that of 1ton or 1/tone if available.. But will only try raise d fund if I get permanement location.. So I can't move in my hatchery, the extruder and get my ponds..

Recently graduated and wished to take it as full time job.. Will b pleased to hear from u sir
Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by feran15(m): 7:45pm On Oct 28, 2017
Kaykaymil:
After digging the pond and bagged all the edges I bought the following

Nets- 6000 I used 2 which is 12,000: this net is used to protect the fish from predators such as frog, Snakes, birds......
Four 6 inches PVC pipes one cost 3,500 I bought 4 which is 15,000: This is the exit way for the water to come out of the pond through a flow through system.
2X2 wood cut into 1ft size to be used as pegs to hold the net.
Industrail salt 1,500 naira: This is used to lime the ponds to kill bacteria, reduce PH, drive away predators and also bring out nutrients from the soil. The Salt was used for the process called liming .

please what measurment was the net you bought for 6000? and the mesh size
Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by Nuliberry: 8:45pm On Nov 20, 2017
Plz where is the OP for this thread?
If u ar reading ds could u plz respond.
Quite a while now
Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by senatorken01(m): 8:52pm On Jan 26, 2018
https:///HjZ57GbL8iU3AImEGi8DHq
Join this forum to discuss fish business and other issues especially farmers in Abuja. We can get links and even be best of business partner. Thanks
Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by Cassie74: 6:39pm On Mar 09, 2018
dondo83:

Im in abuja and also into fish farming. I will like to learn the trick from you oh. how 120naira will feed a juvenile to 1kg. even with local feed is it possible to formulate at@120 /kg? I need your knowledge thanks

e: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by Kaykaymil(m): 10:33pm On Aug 20, 2016
dondo83:

Im in abuja and also into fish farming. I will like to learn the trick from you oh. how 120naira will feed a juvenile to 1kg. even with local feed is it possible to formulate at@120 /kg? I need your knowledge thanks

Okai I can send You materials and video link on how to substitute so that Your fishes weight 1kg and not look like they would weigh 1kg

This is what I am looking for. Cheers
Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by numen(m): 5:15am On Mar 10, 2018
Kaykaymil:
Okay Guys another farming season has started last week I would say sorry for not being able to post since. I have just been ovewhelmed with alot of activities. I know alot would like to know if I did well in my last harvest I would say Yes it was and I learnt a valuable lesson. I would post soon but my fishes are 1month and 1 week old already and I have dug extra ponds for harvesting.

Bro am seriously waiting for your update. Thanks for this informative thread and for being very liberal with information. Please also find time in your busy schedule to send me the materials at bitcrossng AT yahoo DOT COM.

Thanks and God bless you richly nwa afo!
Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by Cassie74: 8:59am On Mar 10, 2018
dondo83:

seen . I will look into it thanks

I tot you said he didn't?
Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by wazilo: 6:40pm On Apr 18, 2018
Kindly oga sir I would very well be happy to get my hands on that materials and videos...my email engineerokpoko1@yahoo.com
Am so humbly on your kind gestures.
Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by hajlat2(m): 8:03am On Apr 19, 2018
Good morning mr Kaykaymil ,pls kindly send me the e-book and the videos thanks. My email is : lateefadeleye41@gmail.com
Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by dotunibrahim7(m): 10:06am On Apr 19, 2018
Kaykaymil:

well done bro...pls what did you study in uni?
Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by webhostbiz: 1:08pm On Apr 19, 2018
Good morning mr Kaykaymil ,pls kindly send me the e-book and the videos thanks. my email address is : felixakomolafe@gmail.com
Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by dbynonetwork: 4:38pm On Oct 25, 2018
I have a locally fabricated oven for sale... It can dry up to 100 fishes at once.... Contact and whatsapp me on 08135328835..
Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by jamace(m): 10:24am On Oct 27, 2018
Kaykaymil:

Update sir.
Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by Stevolam(m): 9:50pm On Oct 14, 2019
jay7:
Whenever I see agricultural topics like this am just too happy, I will post a local feed formula for fish this week on this platform but I will also advise interested farmers to join my Agro allied whatsapp group through this invite link

https:///Eu94EGJtBT5Ap0IPzQL5Fp

or add message me on whatsapp with this number 08070872196.

we are still expecting the formula you said you would post. thank you
Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by jay7(m): 6:05am On Oct 15, 2019
Stevolam:

we are still expecting the formula you said you would post. thank you

Would do that when it's time sir
Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by waleyp(m): 1:53pm On Jan 14, 2020
I'm into fish farming and I am thinking of starting up but it is not going to be easy because funds would be needed, fish farming is very lucrative and its a good business, I am just looking for interested people who Can partner or invest in it. Someone we share same goals
N.B if anyone knows how to get funds too. i will appreciate that
Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by wengerman: 2:45pm On Jan 14, 2020
if you are in Lagos you can apply for the Lagos/world Bank appeals project grant which is worth about 1.2m
Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by wengerman: 2:49pm On Jan 14, 2020
waleyp:
I'm into fish farming and I am thinking of starting up but it is not going to be easy because funds would be needed, fish farming is very lucrative and its a good business, I am just looking for interested people who Can partner or invest in it. Someone we share same goals
N.B if anyone knows how to get funds too. i will appreciate that
if you are in Lagos you can apply for the Lagos/world Bank appeals project grant which is worth about 1.2m
Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by waleyp(m): 8:26pm On Jan 14, 2020
Thanks but how do u apply
wengerman:
Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by Olamide160382: 10:13pm On Aug 06, 2020
Many thanks for the information sir.
I am considering earth pound for a start. I will appreciate your professional advice pls.
Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by waleyp(m): 1:48pm On Aug 07, 2020
earten ponds make sense
Olamide160382:
Many thanks for the information sir.
I am considering earth pound for a start. I will appreciate your professional advice pls.
Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by OmoOshodi(m): 5:38am On Aug 27, 2020
Follow all he posted at ur own peril....how can one stock 18,000 fishes in that small pond and expect a good outcome.

N.B: the reason why the guy no come back to update is simple......E DON FAIL after harvest.......

In my 10yrs of fish farming.....they won't listen to you until harvest day....they will now start crying

Guy dn learn hard way.....e dn chop gbese grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How I Started My Earthen Pond Fish Farming In Abuja by solarized: 12:23pm On Feb 08
it's an old thread but it will seem you are more interested in his failure from the way you commented (without even reading what he said correctly).
FYI, he stocked 4,625 per pond. He has each pond at 40 x 40 x 4ft or (12 x 12 x 1.2m) which gives about 172,800L of water per pond. Meaning, each fish has about 37.4L. How is this over-stocking?

OmoOshodi:
Follow all he posted at ur own peril....how can one stock 18,000 fishes in that small pond and expect a good outcome.

N.B: the reason why the guy no come back to update is simple......E DON FAIL after harvest.......

In my 10yrs of fish farming.....they won't listen to you until harvest day....they will now start crying

Guy dn learn hard way.....e dn chop gbese grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Plantain Sucker Planting Season / Hardworking Female Farmer Processing Garri (Photos) / The Big Gaboon Viper Killed In My Farm Yesterday (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.