Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,365 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:41 PM

Gov. Ohakim To Sack ASUU President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov. Ohakim To Sack ASUU President (1850 Views)

Pay Me Back My 1billion Naira, Ikedi Ohakim To Senator hope Uzodinma. / Honorable Patrick Obahiagbon Mourns Ex ASUU President With Big Grammar / Jonathan Helping Ohakim To Cling On Desperately In Imo ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov. Ohakim To Sack ASUU President by chosen04(f): 9:15am On Sep 29, 2009
National President of the Academic Staff Union of Universities, Prof. Ukachukwu Awuzie, has described the threat by the Imo State Governor, Chief Ikedi Ohakim, to sack him from his job as the greatest joke of the century. Awuzie is a Professor of landscape architecture at the Imo State University.
The ASUU president, who was reacting to Ohakim's threat during an interactive session with newsmen in Jos recently, said that Ohakim could not sack him since he was not in his employment. He added that he is an employee of the Imo State University. He said, "Sacking me? I have no problem with sacking me because even the Nigerian government cannot replace me. I am the only professor of landscape architecture in Nigeria. The first and the only one: go and check. So, I am doing them a favour by being there. I don't need them, they need me. Governors also dont have any right to sack anybody because a governor does not employ.
The Imo State Government had accused Awuzie of using his national position in ASUU to stop the IMSU (Imo State University) chapter of the union from calling off the ongoing strike and resuming lectures. The governor threatened to sack Awuzie and all the lecturers if they failed to return to class rooms within 14 (fourteen) days.
Re: Gov. Ohakim To Sack ASUU President by nethacker(m): 10:50am On Sep 29, 2009
the governor dey craze for yanch grin grin
Re: Gov. Ohakim To Sack ASUU President by chosen04(f): 12:55pm On Sep 29, 2009
nethacker:

the governor dey craze for yanch grin grin

LOL
Re: Gov. Ohakim To Sack ASUU President by MrCrackles(m): 12:56pm On Sep 29, 2009
Topic
Only in Nigeria. . . .
Re: Gov. Ohakim To Sack ASUU President by chosen04(f): 12:58pm On Sep 29, 2009
But what will happen, if the governor carrys out his threat?
Re: Gov. Ohakim To Sack ASUU President by bibiking1(m): 1:12pm On Sep 29, 2009
This only shows the decay our political leaders come to represent!
Without any form of restraint or diplomacy, they open their dingy mouth in public!
Re: Gov. Ohakim To Sack ASUU President by TheSeeker(m): 1:21pm On Sep 29, 2009
Wow! I'm impressed! The only professor in that field? Please, ask the governor, what school did he go to (if he went at all)?
Re: Gov. Ohakim To Sack ASUU President by nethacker(m): 1:24pm On Sep 29, 2009
chosen04:

But what will happen, if the governor carrys out his threat?
Its not possible cos what he thinks he can do is beyond his jurisdiction. What a Nonsense!!!!!!
An ordinary OND holder threatening a prof shocked  only in 9ja.Only if he knows wat it takes to be a prof angry he wouldnt have senselessly uttered those words hence "The Threat"  grin
Re: Gov. Ohakim To Sack ASUU President by kokoA(m): 2:23pm On Sep 29, 2009
The guy is a joker!
Re: Gov. Ohakim To Sack ASUU President by chosen04(f): 2:05pm On Sep 30, 2009
nethacker:

Its not possible cos what he thinks he can do is beyond his jurisdiction. What a Nonsense!!!!!!
An ordinary OND holder threatening a prof shocked only in 9ja.Only if he knows wat it takes to be a prof angry he wouldnt have senselessly uttered those words hence "The Threat" grin

LOL
Re: Gov. Ohakim To Sack ASUU President by nethacker(m): 2:31pm On Sep 30, 2009
me i knw say no one elected the goat there so he wont value the office. Bloody and senseless scoundrel angry angry
Re: Gov. Ohakim To Sack ASUU President by smile4kenn(m): 2:51pm On Sep 30, 2009
chosen04:

The first and the only one: go and check. So, I am doing them a favour by being there. I don't need them, they need me.

Mr. Prof. your statement is totally unpatriotic

According to JF Kennedy, "Think of what you can do for your country and not what your country can do for you"
Re: Gov. Ohakim To Sack ASUU President by Witi(m): 3:23pm On Sep 30, 2009
smile4kenn:

According to JF Kennedy, "Think of what you can do for your country and not what your country can do for you"

You are very funny grin. JFK's statement is not applicable in Nigeria dude. The word Patriotism is not in our dictionary and it is justified for not being there. How many patriotic Nigerians have been paid back accordingly sports Men, Inventors, Researcher's? Give me a good reason to be patriotic and I will become patriotic. Provided you keep your Integrity intact as a person you are okay nobody can be blamed in Nigeria for not being patriotic. There are a lot of Retired civil servants in Nigeria who were patriotic during there time in service and where are they today? You will see them in the Pension Board office in your state looking sick and frail, only those who are fortunate to have one or two wards that are okay will be looking good.
Re: Gov. Ohakim To Sack ASUU President by smile4kenn(m): 3:28pm On Sep 30, 2009
Witi:

You are very funny grin. JFK's statement is not applicable in Nigeria dude. The word Patriotism is not in our dictionary and it is justified for not being there. How many patriotic Nigerians have been paid back accordingly sports Men, Inventors, Researcher's? Give me a good reason to be patriotic and I will become patriotic. Provided you keep your Integrity intact as a person you are okay nobody can be blamed in Nigeria for not being patriotic. There are a lot of Retired civil servants in Nigeria who were patriotic during there time in service and where are they today? You will see them in the Pension Board office in your state looking sick and frail, only those who are fortunate to have one or two wards that are okay will be looking good.

I feel you my broda, The problem of Nigeria today is from the ordinary people( me and you) to the government. All of us, we are not patriotic. You believe you cannot be patriotic, and it can be justified. We believe people of power can talk anyhow and behave anyhow, then the younger generation grows with that ideology. Nigeria needs to be refurbished including a day old child to the oldest person living.
Re: Gov. Ohakim To Sack ASUU President by muhsin(m): 4:01pm On Sep 30, 2009
kokoA:

The guy is a joker!

A real one. cheesy
Re: Gov. Ohakim To Sack ASUU President by chosen04(f): 9:16am On Oct 02, 2009
smile4kenn:

But ur country still has a whole lot to do for u. Thus, any country that cant give her citizenry the basic necessarities of life should expect much from them
Re: Gov. Ohakim To Sack ASUU President by udezue(m): 9:22am On Oct 02, 2009
Naw Ohakim should be sacked. Moronic nitwit.
Re: Gov. Ohakim To Sack ASUU President by Nobody: 10:03am On Oct 02, 2009
Ohakim is a fool.
Re: Gov. Ohakim To Sack ASUU President by talk2eddy2: 1:59pm On Oct 02, 2009
Ohakim is a man that Lacks manners and proper public address etiquette, Im so ashamed of him as the governor of my state, When there is mass unemployment in the state, he is busy trying to increase the tally,
Re: Gov. Ohakim To Sack ASUU President by chosen04(f): 6:24pm On Oct 02, 2009
talk2eddy2:

Ohakim is a man that Lacks manners and proper public address etiquette, Im so ashamed of him as the governor of my state, When there is mass unemployment in the state, he is busy trying to increase the tally,

He is now dancing the PDP tune

(1) (Reply)

Jos Killings: Jonathan Is Weak – Chinua Achebe / Fec Approves N21bn For 3 New Presidential Jets / E.k Clark Risks Expulsion From Pdp …as President Jonathan Insist It's Uduaghan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.