Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,962 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:06 AM

Jonathan Helping Ohakim To Cling On Desperately In Imo ! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Helping Ohakim To Cling On Desperately In Imo ! (2633 Views)

PHOTOS : Patience Jonathan Helping Her Husband Pack Out Of Aso Rock / Pay Me Back My 1billion Naira, Ikedi Ohakim To Senator hope Uzodinma. / Ohakim to Imo Youths: Win 6 Picanto Cars, 50 Blackberries, 2500 Prizes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Helping Ohakim To Cling On Desperately In Imo ! by Gbawe: 6:13pm On Apr 29, 2011
This is the man devoted to free and fair elections? Thank God GEJ knew Nigeria would burn if he attempted to help Alao Akala and olurin in the SW . Such is the treachery of GEJ. The good people of the SE and SS voted for him yet he denied them the Governor they wanted in Delta and is attempting to do the same in Imo .

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/inec-crucial-meeting-how-ease-gov-ohakim-out

INEC In Crucial Meeting On How To Ease Gov. Ohakim Out
Posted: April 29, 2011 - 17:34
Ikedi Ohakim

The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) is holding an emergency meeting over the Imo state election. The Commission said it will make its position on the gubernatorial election there public as soon as the meeting is concluded.

The principal item on the agenda of the crucial meeting, which commenced at 5:00 PM Nigerian time, is the "inconclusive" gubernatorial election. As SaharaReporters revealed on Tuesday, the day of the election, the unpopular incumbent, Ikedi Ohakim, was thoroughly defeated by the APGA candidate, Rochas Okorocha, but unscrupulous INEC officials helped him boost his votes in the Okigwe area.

Despite that illegal intrusion, Mr. Ohakim still lost.

An INEC official told SaharaReporters that[b] but for pressures from the Goodluck Jonathan government which had helped prolong the crisis in Imo, INEC would have declared Rochas Okorocha winner by now as it was clear that Ohakim had lost.

Imo is of critical interest to Mr. Jonathan, who is a personal friend of Mr. Ohakim. Campaigning there on February 23, he told the people, “For us to succeed, we at the centre will work with you and we know that you will vote for Ohakim because I need him. I need to work with somebody like him to make sure that these good things will come to Imo State.”[/b]

Today, an INEC source told us that an election rerun would likely take place in one local government area—Ngor Mpala LGA—in order to finally conclude the Imo state logjam. An election they hope will legitimize results from Oguta LGA and Ohaji/Egbeema LGA.

SaharaReporters has further learned that President Jonathan and Ohakim want elections to be redone in three local governments that would hand Ohakim a winning advantage by rigging particular in Oguta LGA area.

Meanwhile, there is palpable tension in Owerri as citizens there await the outcome of INEC's decision which is expected to follow the meeting in progress. If the issue is not resolved, a constitutional crisis will emerge, as it would mean that the Imo state election was not conducted or resolved 30 days before handing over on May 29 2011. That is a scenario that would help Jonathan take over the state and then fertilize the ground for the PDP to overcome the current resistance in the state.
Re: Jonathan Helping Ohakim To Cling On Desperately In Imo ! by Obiagu1(m): 6:27pm On Apr 29, 2011
I suspect that was what was happening. The same trick they used against Dora in Anambra Central Senatorial zone they now want to apply in Imo State. Declare the election inconclusive, know the margin of loss and call for re-election in some areas and simply make up numbers to give the desired candidate the winning majority even if it's just by 1 vote.

So sad    angry
Re: Jonathan Helping Ohakim To Cling On Desperately In Imo ! by Nobody: 6:30pm On Apr 29, 2011
You people should stop all this irresponsible reporting abeg.

It defeats the essence of activitism if it is taken to the point where we simply take a biased view on everything based on who we percieve as the establisment and who is'nt.

Saharareporters does not vet its news properly, it just reports anything it gets from their anti-establisment sources and sometimes these views are not always balanced or accurate.
Re: Jonathan Helping Ohakim To Cling On Desperately In Imo ! by Nobody: 6:32pm On Apr 29, 2011
let us allow INEC do their job!!!!!!!

this kind of reporting is capable of setting Imo on fire.
Re: Jonathan Helping Ohakim To Cling On Desperately In Imo ! by Obiagu1(m): 6:34pm On Apr 29, 2011
mikeansy:

Like we allowed INEC to do their job in Anambra *sigh*
Re: Jonathan Helping Ohakim To Cling On Desperately In Imo ! by Nobody: 6:39pm On Apr 29, 2011
What is your solution to the problem?

If you have your own results announce it then?
Re: Jonathan Helping Ohakim To Cling On Desperately In Imo ! by Obiagu1(m): 6:41pm On Apr 29, 2011
mikeansy:

What is your solution to the problem?

If you have your own results announce it then?

They have the results complete. This is just a trick they developed in Anambra and want to perfect in Imo.
Let them go to hell, they can only do it to APGA.
Re: Jonathan Helping Ohakim To Cling On Desperately In Imo ! by EzeUche3(m): 6:43pm On Apr 29, 2011
Calm down people. No need to spread this type of reporting, which can put a SE state over the edge.
Re: Jonathan Helping Ohakim To Cling On Desperately In Imo ! by Nobody: 6:43pm On Apr 29, 2011
How do you know what INEC has and does not have?

They say the results are inconclusive, if you say it is not provide proof.

Remember you are entitled to your own opinion not your own facts.
Re: Jonathan Helping Ohakim To Cling On Desperately In Imo ! by Obiagu1(m): 6:47pm On Apr 29, 2011
Let INEC declare Rochas the winner. After that, they should go to tribunal with Rochas the incumbent. There's no way INEC could pull this trick again if a re-run is conducted.
Why is Peter Obi so quiet? APGA needs to be more aggressive!
Re: Jonathan Helping Ohakim To Cling On Desperately In Imo ! by Nobody: 6:50pm On Apr 29, 2011
Obiagu1:

Let INEC declare Rochas the winner. After that, they should go to tribunal with Rochas the incumbent. There's no way INEC could pull this trick again if a re-run is conducted.
Why is Peter Obi so quiet? APGA needs to be more aggressive!

Right so you simply want your wish to be elevated as the official result when there is not enough grounds to do so?

Grow up son the world does not work like that.
Re: Jonathan Helping Ohakim To Cling On Desperately In Imo ! by texazzpete(m): 6:50pm On Apr 29, 2011
mikeansy:

Imo is already on the brink of fire, sorry.
A colleague of mine came back from leave today, she had been in Owerri for the past couple of days. According to her, the support for Rochas is massive, even the 20,000 votes difference between Ohakim and Rochas is due to massive rigging. She shared tales of late night meetings, desperate bribes being paid to induce voters, massive thumb printing and other nefarious means to ensure one of the worst governors in Nigeria is kicked out.
According to her, even the elderly people in her village proudly tell her that they voted for 'chicken' (APGA party symbol).

As we speak, youths are on edge in Imo state, waiting for any sign that Ohakim's rigging machine is gearing up. It seems the people of Imo are not as cowardly as their Abia State brothers afterall.
Re: Jonathan Helping Ohakim To Cling On Desperately In Imo ! by aljharem(m): 6:51pm On Apr 29, 2011
gbawe of havard thank u cool
Re: Jonathan Helping Ohakim To Cling On Desperately In Imo ! by Gbawe: 6:56pm On Apr 29, 2011
mikeansy:

You people should stop all this irresponsible reporting abeg.

It defeats the essence of activitism if it is taken to the point where we simply take a biased view on everything based on who we percieve as the establisment and who is'nt.

Saharareporters does not vet its news properly, it just reports anything it gets from their anti-establisment sources and sometimes these views are not always balanced or accurate.
The biggest and most blatant irregularities so far have been seen in the SE and SS !!! Do you think the SW does not have brazen and hardened election riggers who are not just as desperate as those in the SS and SE?

It is obvious that it is only in the SE and SS that election riggers were emboldened to act with total abandon and brazen impugnity !!! You give me a reason for this , knowing our history well and taking it together with GEJ's past actions , that is different to the notion that they did what they did because they know they had the tacit support of GEJ.

We saw OGD acting with impugnity when he had the support of GEJ and you were here , recently , when Akpabio  and Ringim were refusing to comply with the judgement of a Nigerian Court ordering them to release akpanudoedehe . These guys (Ohakim and Uduaghan ) know what they can get away with. That is what encouraged their behaviour not seen anywhere else.  That is my opinion.
Re: Jonathan Helping Ohakim To Cling On Desperately In Imo ! by Obiagu1(m): 6:59pm On Apr 29, 2011
mikeansy:

Right so you simply want your wish to  be elevated as the official result when there is not enough grounds to do so?

Grow up son the world does not work like that.

Not that I want to elevate my wish, I want to elevate the truth!
Just like when Ngige cheated Obi in Anambra governorship election after Anambra had one of the worst governors in the country in the name of Mbadinuju (PDP), Anambra went APGA massively but was rigged out, Imo now have one of the worst governors and there's no way in hell Ohakim (PDP) could pull a win over Rochas (APGA). It's near impossible.
Re: Jonathan Helping Ohakim To Cling On Desperately In Imo ! by Nobody: 7:01pm On Apr 29, 2011
texazzpete:

Imo is already on the brink of fire, sorry.
A colleague of mine came back from leave today, she had been in Owerri for the past couple of days. According to her, the support for Rochas is massive, even the 20,000 votes difference between Ohakim and Rochas is due to massive rigging. She shared tales of late night meetings, desperate bribes being paid to induce voters, massive thumb printing and other nefarious means to ensure one of the worst governors in Nigeria is kicked out.
According to her, even the elderly people in her village proudly tell her that they voted for 'chicken' (APGA party symbol).

As we speak, youths are on edge in Imo state, waiting for any sign that Ohakim's rigging machine is gearing up. It seems the people of Imo are not as cowardly as their Abia State brothers afterall.

How do you people know these things.

Let INEC do their job, whoever gets announced victor we will support.

If your freind from Imo is a Rochas supporter, there is every chance he/she will spend more time speaking to their fellow Rochas supporters. So if you sample 10 of his/her friends and you get 100% for Rochas, to extrapolate that and say it is reflective of the general will of the people of Imo is misleading.

So let us chill and allow INEC do their job. Talking about thugs, Arureme controls the thugs in Imo and the man is doing everything to see Ohakim out of power. But there is also the voice of the siilent majority who we will know where they cast their vote when INEC release the official result.

so folks chill.
Re: Jonathan Helping Ohakim To Cling On Desperately In Imo ! by Obiagu1(m): 7:04pm On Apr 29, 2011
@ mikeansy

I just heard the Rochas Okorocha has been declared winner.

The truth shall set us all free.
Re: Jonathan Helping Ohakim To Cling On Desperately In Imo ! by Nobody: 7:07pm On Apr 29, 2011
Nigerians also have to get away from this very dangerous culture of "electoral prejudice".

Folks just make up their minds that if Mr A wins then such election must be free and fair, but if Mr B wins then the election must have been rigged. Nothing destroys a society like such a mindset. There are all too many reasons why anybody can loose elections including simple things as get-out-the-vote drive on election day, or whose base actually turned out to vote on election day.

It does not matter what the opinion polls say. If you do not get out the votes on election day you can loose.

So nothing can be more naive or half-baked than to assume that if Ohakim is announced winner then the election must have been rigged but if Rochas is announced winner then the election must have been free and fair.

let us wait for INEC's official result.
Re: Jonathan Helping Ohakim To Cling On Desperately In Imo ! by Gbawe: 7:08pm On Apr 29, 2011
mikeansy:

How do you people know these things.

Let INEC do their job, whoever gets announced victor we will support.

If your freind from Imo is a Rochas supporter, there is every chance he/she will spend more time speaking to their fellow Rochas supporters. So if you sample 10 of his/her friends and you get 100% for Rochas, to extrapolate that and say it is reflective of the general will of the people of Imo is misleading.

So let us chill and allow INEC do their job. Talking about thugs, Arureme controls the thugs in Imo and the man is doing everything to see Ohakim out of power. But there is also the voice of the siilent majority who we will know where they cast their vote when INEC release the official result.

so folks chill.

My brother , we are doing that but nothing should stop us from responding to allegations from investigative Journalists or 'whistleblowers' because they usually reveal things others want hidden . Many examples abound of Jonathan abetting wrong-doing . So pardon our suspicion that he has a hand in issues here .
Re: Jonathan Helping Ohakim To Cling On Desperately In Imo ! by Nobody: 7:16pm On Apr 29, 2011
Obiagu1:

@ mikeansy

I just heard the Rochas Okorocha has been declared winner.

The truth shall set us all free.

I started hearing that news 2 days ago!!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan Helping Ohakim To Cling On Desperately In Imo ! by Obiagu1(m): 7:18pm On Apr 29, 2011
mikeansy:

I started hearing that news 2 days ago!!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin

Hahaha, you wan kill me with laugh.
Ol' boy, I dey wait for it to come up on any news media. I don tire.
Re: Jonathan Helping Ohakim To Cling On Desperately In Imo ! by Nobody: 7:22pm On Apr 29, 2011
Rochas is a good man, I hope he makes a good Governor if he wins.
Re: Jonathan Helping Ohakim To Cling On Desperately In Imo ! by Gbawe: 7:27pm On Apr 29, 2011
mikeansy:

Rochas is a good man, I hope he makes a good Governor if he wins.

This is precisely why I am speaking also . If you remember , we all agreed before the elections that good people who have the mandate of the people are those we want to see in important positions . It is the best template to move the whole of Nigeria forward . Yes , I may judge GEJ rashly but I have seen him blatantly ignoring the wrongdoing of 'his pals' in the past to the extent that it becomes hard for one not to be suspicious . Rochas won and INEC should declare him the winner. No mago mago angry angry
Re: Jonathan Helping Ohakim To Cling On Desperately In Imo ! by Nobody: 7:31pm On Apr 29, 2011
Gbawe:

This is precisely why I am speaking also . If you remember , we all agreed before the elections that good people who have the mandate of the people are those we want to see in important positions . It is the best template to move the whole of Nigeria forward . Yes , I may judge GEJ rashly but I have seen him blatantly ignoring the wrongdoing of 'his pals' in the past to the extent that it becomes hard for one not to be suspicious . Rochas won and INEC should declare him the winner. No mago mago angry angry

But the trouble is being a good man only says he has a kind heart and I am attesting also to his generosity. It does not guarantee he will accomplish anything as a political leader. We can only wait and see.

It is one thing to be a good man and quite another to be a good leader.

Rochas won sounds like a statement of fact, but the facts are yet to emerge. Lets allow INEC to do their job.
Re: Jonathan Helping Ohakim To Cling On Desperately In Imo ! by Beaf: 7:33pm On Apr 29, 2011
Its really dim to keep bringing up Jonathans name in all sorts of silly ways. But little more can be expected of core-Northern cabal lackeys, the likes of Ciroma, IBB and Atiku say jump and the fools ask, "how high?" Its always been the way the South and Middle Belt were kept in bondage.
In the recent past, it was all the rage for the enslaved to shoot themselves in the foot by claiming that being thoughtful and following procedure was somehow a display of weakness, while throwing stones and other uncivilised brainless displays of brawn in the street were the peak of courageous "leadership."

The cabal has been defeated and the country is sailing forward, the last few lackeys are going to begin looking as dimwitted as they really are.
Only a fool thinks he can campaign by impugning GEJ's name.

Shame on you Gbawe.
Re: Jonathan Helping Ohakim To Cling On Desperately In Imo ! by Gbawe: 7:35pm On Apr 29, 2011
Beaf:

Its really dim to keep bringing up Jonathans name in all sorts of silly ways. But little more can be expected of core-Northern cabal lackeys, the likes of Ciroma, IBB and Atiku say jump and the fools ask, "how high?" Its always been the way the South and Middle Belt were kept in bondage.
In the recent past, it was all the rage for the enslaved to shoot themselves in the foot by claiming that being thoughtful and following procedure was somehow a display of weakness, while throwing stones and other uncivilised brainless displays of brawn in the street were the peak of courageous "leadership."

The cabal has been defeated and the country is sailing forward, the last few lackeys are going to begin looking as dimwitted as they really are.
Only a fool thinks he can campaign by impugning GEJ's name.

Shame on you Gbawe.

Abeg go and sit down. Who has time for you any longer?
Re: Jonathan Helping Ohakim To Cling On Desperately In Imo ! by Nobody: 7:38pm On Apr 29, 2011
BTW, 4 years from now . . . .Rochas will be unrecognsiable if he wins.

Our Imo State people are very opinionated and highly politically active.

Even Fashola will struggle to keep a good reputation in Imo once in power.

Thats the truth about Imo State Politics. People are naturally stubborn and crazy, which is why we simply do not recognise Godfathers. Its good for democracy though but sometimes confuses the efforts of some public servants. I maintain that Ohakim is not as bad as he has been potrayed.
Re: Jonathan Helping Ohakim To Cling On Desperately In Imo ! by sicily4u: 7:59pm On Apr 29, 2011
I strongle belive that Rochas will defeat Goodluck in presidential election, if there is no rigging.
Re: Jonathan Helping Ohakim To Cling On Desperately In Imo ! by Obiagu1(m): 8:08pm On Apr 29, 2011
sicily4u:

I strongle belive that Rochas will defeat Goodluck in presidential election, if there is no rigging.

If it were to be only Southern Nigeria, maybe possible, but if it were to be the whole Nigeria, NO! Rochas is an Igbo man.
Re: Jonathan Helping Ohakim To Cling On Desperately In Imo ! by Nobody: 8:13pm On Apr 29, 2011
Obiagu1:

If it were to be only Southern Nigeria, maybe possible, but if it were to be the whole Nigeria, NO! Rochas is an Igbo man.

Rochas speaks fluent Hausa and may get more votes in the North than in the SouthWest.

But forget about Presidential politics.

Let him face his battle in Imo 1st.
Re: Jonathan Helping Ohakim To Cling On Desperately In Imo ! by Beaf: 9:16pm On Apr 29, 2011
Gbawe:

Abeg go and sit down. Who has time for you any longer?

Those who live by the jaundiced word of Sahara Reporters and who pretend that FG and state level politics are the same wouldn't have my time of course. wink
I'll repeat that its only cabal lackeys that think there is currency in foolishly making up stories to bash GEJ. The vast majority Nigerians have been liberated, they feel reinvigorated and look forward to a great tomorrow; the country is also moving forward at a rate of knots. . . But we expect the usual lackeys to pick up their stones and spew gutter crap and rumour, cos they do not see that their Northern cabal masters, Ciroma etc, have been deservedly clobbered, diced and traunced.

Shame on you for your belief in Sahara Reporters.
Re: Jonathan Helping Ohakim To Cling On Desperately In Imo ! by houvest: 9:20pm On Apr 29, 2011
Soon it will be said that Jonathan made folks to fall sick, some to develop leprosy, and the hated to die. Give it up folks. GEJ has won and should be allowed his peace. Why should Ohakim's machinations be attributed to GEJ? The elections were not perfect but rigging can only go so far under Jega that is why with all his intrigues Ohakim is still trailing behind Rochas and will eventually lose. Ohakim is the culprit not Jonathan. Quoting what he said during his campaign in Imo is irrelevanmt. Do yoiu expect him to go to Imo and tell them that it is Rochas they should vote for no matter his inclinations. That is dumb and I expected folks here quoting that to be smarter than that.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Yorubas Are The Problem In Nigeria - Sanusi / Who Is Behind The Boko Haram? / Boko Haram Demands National Conference (interesting!)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.