Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,034 members, 7,825,256 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

Is Being Single In My Twenties A Bad Thing ? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Being Single In My Twenties A Bad Thing ? (1903 Views)

Rude Questions Not To Ask A Lady In Her Twenties / Thread For All Those Still Single In 2017: What's The Way Forward? / 6 Quotes Ladies Say To Justify Themselves For Being Single (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Being Single In My Twenties A Bad Thing ? by deturla: 2:19pm On Aug 22, 2016
We had a family re-union in our family house last month. It was fun, all my cousins were around, reminding me of how we were when we were kids. My eldest brother came with his wife and their 2 months old baby, my elder brother came with his wife and my younger sister came with her fiance. My married cousins too came with their spouse.

Then there was me, with no girlfriend and in my late twenties. The women in my family started asking questions, obviously concerned.

‘Deedee, where is your girlfriend’

‘Deedee, when are you getting married’

‘Deedee, you are a master of the art, you should have loads, bring one home will you?’

Everyone acting like, I have a problem with being single. My folks did not help matters as well, sneaking on my calls and wanting to know about every girl that calls me. Creepy, isn’t it?

Is being single in my late twenties really a terrible thing? The simple answer is NO!

There is nothing bad in having someone who understands your awesomeness and wants to be with you along the way, but if that special girl isn’t here yet, then being single isn’t as bad as people portray.

To begin with, you need time to be you, to be selfish

For me, other than work, tdeedeesblog and photography, I don’t need to be on a particular routine. Don’t you know how it feels to be free, and alive to make whatever choices and do whatever it is you want to do?

This is the best time in your life to make choices, mistakes and learn. This is the time to do anything you want to do, when you want to do them. No obligations, no strings.

This is the time for you to grow, to focus on your dreams and aspirations. This is the time to learn to put the mechanics of your plans into motion. Having a relationship means you have someone to take care of, someone you should provide full details of your achievements and goals.

Before you can begin to take care of another, you need to take care of yourself first. Understand your priorities and secure your career and future. What is the point of having a relationship when you haven’t even dealt with yourself properly? Your twenties is the only time in your life where you’ll be able to focus only on yourself.

Your ability to combine your experiences as you hit the threshold of your late twenties with your budding career will make you a bachelorto be craved for. As you grow in your early twenties, into mid and late, you make mistakes.

Better for you to make mistakes on your own and learn than making with someone and dragging that innocent individual into your mess; passing all your responsibilities to that person? Your late twenties build you into becoming a man, to mature, to make mistakes and learn. Having someone by your side gives you an unnecessary sense of responsibility.

The ability to be careless and get away with it or the onus to make mistakes and learn brings forth a manly man.

You get the very best of life.

There are so many times when we allow the fear of being alone to make us rush and get some pretty Barbie. Dele my friend complained to me late 2014 that he was scared of being too old to have a decent relationship.

I responded, ‘are you for real? Where is your confidence? You are smart and you’ve got things going well for you. Your dreams are falling into place. You get a couple of ‘1 night stand’ You make mistakes and have learned, do you think ‘all’ of this might be possible when you know you have to be careful about certain risks you take and decisions you make because you have;someone you are responsible to?’ oh come on!

Now Dele is happily married to the most beautiful girl ever after working on being ready for the life after his late twenties.

Enough of the side talks, family complaining, friends probing, colleagues jesting. Whatever their schools are? Let them keep learning there. You have created your options and it will make you better.

Work on yourself, take advantage of your singleness, lean on positivity, match your strength with dreams and passion, leverage the consciousness of being alone to think straight and have fun while at it. You will be ready, and you will see.

Your twenties are a very crucial and critical period in your life, these years prepare you for the rest of of your time. You don’t have to think of anybody as you get your life in order. Invest in yourself and figure out who you are. There is a unique confidence that grows in you when you have achieved all and then you are know you are very ready.

Yours in Love

Deedee

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Being Single In My Twenties A Bad Thing ? by benedictnsi(m): 2:21pm On Aug 22, 2016
Dem d pay people weh d date in their twenties

2 Likes

Re: Is Being Single In My Twenties A Bad Thing ? by Nobody: 2:24pm On Aug 22, 2016

people need to get A hobby! lipsrsealed

I mean what's their business if you're 49 and still single? rubbish!

2 Likes

Re: Is Being Single In My Twenties A Bad Thing ? by Goldenheart(m): 2:24pm On Aug 22, 2016
Live free my friend.. ....the Ladies out there are possessed ..... wink
Re: Is Being Single In My Twenties A Bad Thing ? by Pinkiwinki(m): 2:30pm On Aug 22, 2016
Dont even know what to type again.
Re: Is Being Single In My Twenties A Bad Thing ? by deturla: 2:30pm On Aug 22, 2016
Estharfabian:

people need to get A hobby! lipsrsealed

I mean what's their business if you're 49 and still single? rubbish!

My Dear, I am tired already. Mbok.

I just needed to do this because I know I'm not the only one!
Re: Is Being Single In My Twenties A Bad Thing ? by Pinkiwinki(m): 2:30pm On Aug 22, 2016
Goldenheart:
you gat jokes mehnn.
Re: Is Being Single In My Twenties A Bad Thing ? by NigerDeltan(m): 2:34pm On Aug 22, 2016
If they force you in, you will force youself out
By then things don spoil

My 2cent
Re: Is Being Single In My Twenties A Bad Thing ? by Nobody: 2:36pm On Aug 22, 2016
deturla:

My Dear, I am tired already. Mbok.

I just needed to do this because I know I'm not the only one!

dah, leave 'em jaweh!

Talk is cheap, everyone seems to wanna butt into people's lives. everyone wanna have opinions. we just gotta do what's best for us all and ignore riffraffs.smiley
Re: Is Being Single In My Twenties A Bad Thing ? by Nobody: 2:36pm On Aug 22, 2016
am sure that at the right time it would happen

meanwhile when youre ready check for #fuddies and ace events # on nairaland we can take care of your events for you cheesygringrin
Re: Is Being Single In My Twenties A Bad Thing ? by deturla: 2:38pm On Aug 22, 2016
Goldenheart:

Possessed kwa?
Re: Is Being Single In My Twenties A Bad Thing ? by deturla: 2:39pm On Aug 22, 2016
baddestchic:
am sure that at the right time it would happen

meanwhile when youre ready check for #fuddies and ace events # on nairaland we can take care of your events for you cheesygringrin

LOL....Baddest!.....

When you want to take pictures of your events. Contact me too. We've got bad ass photographers. Check my signature!LOL!!
Re: Is Being Single In My Twenties A Bad Thing ? by Nobody: 2:41pm On Aug 22, 2016
deturla:

LOL....Baddest!.....

When you want to take pictures of your events. Contact me too. We've got bad ass photographers. Check my signature!LOL!!

oya na.... no wahala...
Re: Is Being Single In My Twenties A Bad Thing ? by deturla: 2:42pm On Aug 22, 2016
baddestchic:

oya na.... no wahala...

http://deedeesblog.com/about/

baddestchic
Re: Is Being Single In My Twenties A Bad Thing ? by Nobody: 2:44pm On Aug 22, 2016
deturla:

http://deedeesblog.com/about/
baddestchic

hehehe....
Re: Is Being Single In My Twenties A Bad Thing ? by Goldenheart(m): 2:52pm On Aug 22, 2016
deturla:

Possessed kwa?

There is a spirit, no matter how rich, cute, romantic or wild......a lady will always Bleep-up one way or the other.... .the day I understood this spirit I stopped blaming them ladies.

kiss
Re: Is Being Single In My Twenties A Bad Thing ? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Aug 22, 2016
Goldenheart:

There is a spirit, no matter how rich, cute, romantic or wild......a lady will always Bleep-up one way or the other.... .the day I understood this spirit I stopped blaming them ladies.

kiss

so from thiz your definition and analysis now.... it means guys have the same problem and it cant be helped bah..... so thats y we shouldn't blame guys?
Re: Is Being Single In My Twenties A Bad Thing ? by Nobody: 3:05pm On Aug 22, 2016
being single is not necessarily a bad o..... i tire,its no big deal
gives you time to work on your self and decide on what you really want....its just that as nigerians (dont know about the whole world) parents and the society start pressuring you if youre still single... but its okay, what if nobody actually cares.... i didnt say anything o before someone would comman throw stones at me...

1 Like

Re: Is Being Single In My Twenties A Bad Thing ? by Nobody: 3:12pm On Aug 22, 2016
No.
But if you want kids and a wife at a certain time it's best you get serious with dating and relationships
••••••••

And what is all this talk people do about "the ONE" ? undecided
Realistically speaking, there is not just 1 person in all the world that you would fit well with
There are many good fits all around.
•••••••
You just need 2 be realistic about what you NEED and what you want in love and marriage.
Re: Is Being Single In My Twenties A Bad Thing ? by deturla: 3:14pm On Aug 22, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
No.
But if you want kids and a wife at a certain time it's best you get serious with dating and relationships
••••••••

And what is as this talk people fdo about "the ONE" ? undecided
Realistically speaking there is not just 1 person in all the world that you would fit well with
There are many good fits all around.
•••••••
You just need 2 be realistic about what you NEED a and what you want in love and marriage.

I always love your responses. You should do a post on Deedeesblog sometime! wink
Re: Is Being Single In My Twenties A Bad Thing ? by Goldenheart(m): 3:15pm On Aug 22, 2016
baddestchic:

so from thiz your definition and analysis now.... it means guys have the same problem and it cant be helped bah..... so thats y we shouldn't blame guys?

I only dated girls so Am analysing from my angle...
wink
Re: Is Being Single In My Twenties A Bad Thing ? by bitchcrafts: 3:15pm On Aug 22, 2016
I no concur oh, no use ur irresponsibility form sensibility for us... Tell us say u no see urself leaving the enjoyment that comes with bachelorhood and we won't have issues ... All these long talks.. they kpansh pussiieess dey go nothing do u.
Re: Is Being Single In My Twenties A Bad Thing ? by Nobody: 3:17pm On Aug 22, 2016
Goldenheart:

I only dated girls so Am analysing from my angle... wink

grin; D; D hehehehe
Re: Is Being Single In My Twenties A Bad Thing ? by deturla: 3:18pm On Aug 22, 2016
bitchcrafts:
I no concur oh, no use ur irresponsibility form sensibility for us... Tell us say u no see urself leaving the enjoyment that comes with bachelorhood and we won't have issues ... All these long talks.. they kpansh pussiieess dey go nothing do u.

Oh My Father in Heaven!.....I am actually *rolling on the floor like ry now** grin grin grin grin
Re: Is Being Single In My Twenties A Bad Thing ? by Nobody: 3:18pm On Aug 22, 2016
deturla:

I always love your responses. You should do a post on Deedeesblog sometime! wink
Will you pay me? grin
•••••
If no..... Then no angry .....grin
Re: Is Being Single In My Twenties A Bad Thing ? by cinderellashoes(f): 3:20pm On Aug 22, 2016
Don't mind them.Take kiss kiss
Re: Is Being Single In My Twenties A Bad Thing ? by bitchcrafts: 3:22pm On Aug 22, 2016
deturla:

Oh My Father in Heaven!.....I am actually *rolling on the floor like ry now** grin grin grin grin
ehehn ! That kain thing, no be u go first busy making a living nah grin ,the bad boy that you are!
Re: Is Being Single In My Twenties A Bad Thing ? by deturla: 3:22pm On Aug 22, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
Will you pay me? grin
•••••
If no..... Then no angry .....grin

Funny but 'curt'. I like the sound of that.

Oya!.....What currency do you receive....LCY or FCY?

.....Let's talk!!.....
Re: Is Being Single In My Twenties A Bad Thing ? by Laredojohn(m): 3:23pm On Aug 22, 2016
Bro,nothing bad, it's always better you take your time, marriage and relationships are not worth rushing into, open your eyes and let God lead you, there is no late comer...when it your time you will definitely get yours.
Re: Is Being Single In My Twenties A Bad Thing ? by deturla: 3:23pm On Aug 22, 2016
bitchcrafts:
ehehn ! That kain thing, no be u go first busy making a living nah grin ,the bad boy that you are!

Chief?...You know me from somewhere? Something tells me 'aye'!! cheesy cheesy
Re: Is Being Single In My Twenties A Bad Thing ? by deturla: 3:24pm On Aug 22, 2016
Laredojohn:
Bro,nothing bad, it's always better you take your time, marriage and relationships are not worth rushing into, open your eyes and let God lead you, there is no late comer...when it your time you will definitely get yours.

Thank you Sir

cc: bitchcrafts
Re: Is Being Single In My Twenties A Bad Thing ? by Nobody: 3:27pm On Aug 22, 2016
deturla:

Funny but 'curt'. I like the sound of that.

Oya!.....What currency do you receive....LCY or FCY?

.....Let's talk!!.....
FCY. The US $ dollar to be exact.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fashion Or Madness, Sexy Or Thrashy / Did She Really Love Me? / See What Happened To A Woman Who Slept With Someone's Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.