Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,149 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:27 AM

Sun International Leaves Nigeria Over ‘Hostile Environment’ - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Sun International Leaves Nigeria Over ‘Hostile Environment’ (37474 Views)

Access Bank Takes Over Etisalat Nigeria Over N541 Billion Debt / Etisalat May Leave Nigeria Over $1.2bn Loan Default / Three Banks To Take Over Etisalat Nigeria Over N541.8 Billion Debt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sun International Leaves Nigeria Over ‘Hostile Environment’ by exco90(m): 10:21pm On Aug 22, 2016
I don't know if its my duty to sympathize with dis government. As a wailer.

1 Like

Re: Sun International Leaves Nigeria Over ‘Hostile Environment’ by Onogiede(m): 10:22pm On Aug 22, 2016
The next thing one will see there is groud of cattles taking over & we are in state of CHANGE

3 Likes

Re: Sun International Leaves Nigeria Over ‘Hostile Environment’ by Nobody: 10:24pm On Aug 22, 2016
As far as buhari the DULARDINO is still the president, that's how they continues to live

1 Like

Re: Sun International Leaves Nigeria Over ‘Hostile Environment’ by Arijude(m): 10:25pm On Aug 22, 2016
Iya laya south africa and it's wag wayo business.

2 Likes

Re: Sun International Leaves Nigeria Over ‘Hostile Environment’ by wristbangle: 10:26pm On Aug 22, 2016
When will MTN leave Nigeria? That useless network. sad

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sun International Leaves Nigeria Over ‘Hostile Environment’ by Nobody: 10:27pm On Aug 22, 2016
I know most people will be quick to blame GEJ for the economy problem we are experiencing. But the questions are:

What has PMB be doing in the past 15 months?
How is he spending the millions he claimed to have recovered?
What effort is the government making to encourage foreign investors?
What is the value of revenue earned by Nigeria in the past 15 months?

If the truth must be told, PMB actions and inactions is making our economy woes worst. I just observed that a lot of Zombies are commenting less these days because they cannot afford data. Let call a spade a spade, PMB needs help on the economy!

7 Likes

Re: Sun International Leaves Nigeria Over ‘Hostile Environment’ by sunsewa16: 10:28pm On Aug 22, 2016
what an adult saw sitting,a teenager can never see it standing,how can u give a government to a group of I no go gree,l no go gree retards,being led by uneducated aged man lacking modern ideas,and also been assisted majorly with unqualified ministers,the answer is this,we saw it coming.

2 Likes

Re: Sun International Leaves Nigeria Over ‘Hostile Environment’ by Nobody: 10:28pm On Aug 22, 2016
ZERO-ECONOMY loading......77%

1 Like

Re: Sun International Leaves Nigeria Over ‘Hostile Environment’ by Faraidi(m): 10:33pm On Aug 22, 2016
braine:
Good. Let them go. Corrupt thieves. I don't see the value they add to ordinary Nigerians anyway. They should pave way for our indigenous hospitality.

We don't need people who fidget when things are bad when everyone knows that everyday is not Christmas.

Nigeria will bounce back, and when she does, it would be nice to be rest assured that the weaklings have already left.
keep dreaming. Your eyes will soon clear.

5 Likes

Re: Sun International Leaves Nigeria Over ‘Hostile Environment’ by damzy88: 10:34pm On Aug 22, 2016
MrPresident1:
Byebye sad

From the 3rd fastest growing economy in the world, backed with empirical evidence, to somalia-like economic conditions in less than 2years?

Haba!!!

Where are the people who told us Buhari is our lord and saviour? angry angry angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sun International Leaves Nigeria Over ‘Hostile Environment’ by GloriaNinja(f): 10:52pm On Aug 22, 2016
Nigeria so deeply cursed
Re: Sun International Leaves Nigeria Over ‘Hostile Environment’ by ahahnow: 10:54pm On Aug 22, 2016
Good, All South Africa companies should carry their rubbish out of Nigeria. We don;t want their nonsense

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sun International Leaves Nigeria Over ‘Hostile Environment’ by Amah70: 10:56pm On Aug 22, 2016
President Buhari and his sai Baba folks can't give a fcuckk over this, so long as proceeds from crude oil still comes into the federal purse to sustain the government. Economic growth and citizens welfare is irrelevant.

2 Likes

Re: Sun International Leaves Nigeria Over ‘Hostile Environment’ by lordkhalifa(m): 11:02pm On Aug 22, 2016
Bughari is working

1 Like

Re: Sun International Leaves Nigeria Over ‘Hostile Environment’ by Hedonistically: 11:05pm On Aug 22, 2016
davide470:
Well, Tiger Brands left Dangote Flour after years of recording losses. Within a year of their exit, Dangote brought back Dangflour to a profitability status.

Sun is leaving Federal Palace Hotel citing unrealised loss of foreign exchange bla bla.. Though it is not a public quoted firm, I can bet you after their exit, Federal Palace Hotel would bounce back.

So you see why foreign investors are skeptical?

Na by ourself we dey kill ourself!..

Don't be so myopic and shallow. Did you see where it was stated that the EFCC detained 5 employees of the company and confiscated their passports for several months even without any concrete charges or evidence of guilt? Does that make any sense to you? What signal do you think such primitive action and arbitrary lawlessness would send to current and potential foreign investors?

If your mental faculties permit, what do you reckon this shabby state of affairs portends for our already comatose economy in the future - in terms of the big picture? THINK.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sun International Leaves Nigeria Over ‘Hostile Environment’ by koxi: 11:07pm On Aug 22, 2016
Soon the entity called Nigeria will be discussed in retrospect. Then only God knows...
Re: Sun International Leaves Nigeria Over ‘Hostile Environment’ by Nobody: 11:22pm On Aug 22, 2016
Wake me up whn MTN leave, e ti ya werey.
Re: Sun International Leaves Nigeria Over ‘Hostile Environment’ by dotun365: 11:31pm On Aug 22, 2016
braine:
Good. Let them go. Corrupt thieves. I don't see the value they add to ordinary Nigerians anyway. They should pave way for our indigenous hospitality.

We don't need people who fidget when things are bad when everyone knows that everyday is not Christmas.

Nigeria will bounce back, and when she does, it would be nice to be rest assured that the weaklings have already left.
look at their lame excuses: Ebola and book Haram, in 2016. they should go jare. Its an opportunity for nigerians to progress. My only prayer is that we take it
Re: Sun International Leaves Nigeria Over ‘Hostile Environment’ by abumeinben(m): 11:36pm On Aug 22, 2016
davide470:
Well, Tiger Brands left Dangote Flour after years of recording losses. Within a year of their exit, Dangote brought back Dangflour to a profitability status.

Sun is leaving Federal Palace Hotel citing unrealised loss of foreign exchange bla bla.. Though it is not a public quoted firm, I can bet you after their exit, Federal Palace Hotel would bounce back.

So you see why foreign investors are skeptical?

Na by ourself we dey kill ourself!..
yeah! thats because Mr. Dangote is a monopolist. With Hotels, on the axis where you have Fed Palace hotel in VI, there's Best Western Hotel, Eko Hotel and Suite, others 5 stars hotels. Not the Fed palace that has not been painted since 1972.

2 Likes

Re: Sun International Leaves Nigeria Over ‘Hostile Environment’ by ibkgab001: 11:51pm On Aug 22, 2016
People living in diaspora pushed us to vote for Buhari ... it shall not be well with them everywhere they may be..
Re: Sun International Leaves Nigeria Over ‘Hostile Environment’ by Reucole: 11:59pm On Aug 22, 2016
I think we need something to be our targets. Nairalanders lets work and get out of this nation hardship. No politician is ready to listen to masses.
Re: Sun International Leaves Nigeria Over ‘Hostile Environment’ by LoveDecay(m): 12:11am On Aug 23, 2016
Reucole:
I think we need something to be our targets. Nairalanders lets work and get out of this nation hardship. No politician is ready to listen to masses.

if jona atleast underperformed this people for no see excuse but jona did not perform at least thats what the voters said. Jonathan defeated buhari in the last elections.
Re: Sun International Leaves Nigeria Over ‘Hostile Environment’ by MrCounselor: 12:14am On Aug 23, 2016
Ollywhel:
Clearly the Nigerian economy is not encouraging foreign investors. Or even local investors. I have never seen Nigeria this bad.
Anything good can come out of this nation for the next three years now?
Re: Sun International Leaves Nigeria Over ‘Hostile Environment’ by Orikinla(m): 12:20am On Aug 23, 2016
[size=20pt]While Shoprite of South is expanding to more states.
MTN is expanding to more mobile telecommunications like the new MTN TV.

Eko Atlantic City alone has already attracted more than 100 foreign investors.

Any foreign company leaving Nigeria is not serious about doing business in the largest market in Africa.[/size].

6 Likes

Re: Sun International Leaves Nigeria Over ‘Hostile Environment’ by pippimp(m): 12:33am On Aug 23, 2016
Ollywhel:
Clearly the Nigerian economy is not encouraging foreign investors. Or even local investors. I have never seen Nigeria this bad.

It has always been this bad. Since independence in fact. The only reason you notice it now is because of the drop in oil revenue. If oil proceeds were still the same, everybody would still be living an illusion. I don't think you all realise the quagmire you are in yet. In the just concluded world conference on climate change, all countries have agreed to stop using crude oil based products to power cars, machinery, etc in 50 years. You guys are phucked in another half century.

3 Likes

Re: Sun International Leaves Nigeria Over ‘Hostile Environment’ by pippimp(m): 12:39am On Aug 23, 2016
Orikinla:
[size=20pt]While Shoprite of South is expanding to more states.
MTN is expanding to more mobile telecommunications like the new MTN TV.

Eko Atlantic City alone has already attracted more than 100 foreign investors.

Any foreign company leaving Nigeria is not serious about doing business in the largest market in Africa.[/size].

Yes. The largest un-conducive market in the world.

4 Likes

Re: Sun International Leaves Nigeria Over ‘Hostile Environment’ by PaulIdu: 1:27am On Aug 23, 2016
braine:

Like what you guys did with Nigerian hotels brand?
Re: Sun International Leaves Nigeria Over ‘Hostile Environment’ by AlexSon30: 1:39am On Aug 23, 2016
Nigerians neglect history and thus falls in the same shit overtime.
If yall recall, it was thus same Buhari that spiked "ghana must go" he also chased away every left british thus blacklisting us to them.
Well he is at it again
Re: Sun International Leaves Nigeria Over ‘Hostile Environment’ by shamecurls(m): 1:41am On Aug 23, 2016
[size=18pt]God bless His Excellency, President Mohammadu Buhari

God bless The Federal Republic of Nigeria
[/size]
Re: Sun International Leaves Nigeria Over ‘Hostile Environment’ by Nobody: 2:33am On Aug 23, 2016
shamecurls:
[size=18pt]God bless His Excellency, President Mohammadu Buhari

God bless The Federal Republic of Nigeria
[/size]
lol
Re: Sun International Leaves Nigeria Over ‘Hostile Environment’ by 9japrof(m): 2:49am On Aug 23, 2016
braine:

sometimes when I read some comments on nairaland, it beats my imagination that the parents of the person who wrote that small piece of comment would be beaming with pride and joy that they have a child who thinks rationally and uses his brain very well.

How on earth would your sick brains tell you that its better for them to go, do you know the attendant effects ? do you know how many who would directly lose their jobs, do u also know how many indirect jobs would also be lost? Do you know how much the govt at all levels would lose because they left ? do you know how their leaving dents an overly battered economy or would we talk about how the hostile environments affects those who would have loved investing in the country .

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

An Educated Moimoi Hawker, Uzoigwe Nwamaka AKA Mama Unizik / Invest And Earn Big In Haulage (truck) Business / FG Delists Loan Apps, Vows More Clampdowns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.