Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,878 members, 7,956,317 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 09:51 AM

Why Are Africans Obsessed With Night Vigils - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Africans Obsessed With Night Vigils (7221 Views)

Police Apprehends Supposed Church Rapists Who Rapes During Night Vigils / Why Are Africans Still In Bondage Today? / How Many Night Vigils Does Nigeria Need To Be Great? 10? 1000? 100000? 1m? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Africans Obsessed With Night Vigils by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:48pm On Aug 23, 2016
JFAH:

Denmark still has a state church, which means that people automatically become members on birth.

How is this germane

In Denmark , there are adherents of Islam , Baha'i Faith , Buddhism , and Neopaganism - these only constitute 20 percent of Denmark's population .

Norway made it possible for people to opt out from the state church just last week and only 15,000 opted out with 3.8 million Norwegians opting to stay back as members of the church .

1 Like

Re: Why Are Africans Obsessed With Night Vigils by JFAH: 9:01pm On Aug 23, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

You just presented data from online polls where a picayune percentage of the population participated cheesy. Atheism is no where close to a majority in Europe . As at 2010 the number of atheists globally are only 136 million .

Don't confuse irreligion with atheism .

There is no proof you are Swedish . Stop making claims - no one is concerned with where you came from

Notoriously hard to estimate faith. At the end self reporting is the only actual figure. And I don't confuse atheism with irreligiousness. I have never stated that the majority is self proclaimed atheists... I am because I have choose to adopt the label, which makes me odd, as non belief is assumed. It's nothing I need to say. As I said in another thread, saying I am an atheist is like proclaiming 'I dont collect stamps!' People find it weird that such a thing is needed. It isn't needed in scandinavia, but it's seems to be another story in certain countries :-)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Africans Obsessed With Night Vigils by JFAH: 9:05pm On Aug 23, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

How is this germane

In Denmark , there are adherents of Islam , Baha'i Faith , Buddhism , and Neopaganism - these only constitute 20 percent of Denmark's population .

Norway made it possible for people to opt out from the state church just last week and only 15,000 opted out with 3.8 million Norwegians opting to stay back as members of the church .

It requires an actual opt out. Most people simply don't bother. Religion is simply put not important enough to bother about here. I do, because I see the harm of it in other countries. That its no longer affect normal life in the nordics doesn't mean irrational belief systems is good.
Re: Why Are Africans Obsessed With Night Vigils by Deicide: 9:10pm On Aug 23, 2016
Its difficult to Educate Ebuka As feargodandlive mentioned earlier I told him Human being no be church but the guy would still click to his ignorance the same way he keep making mistake on what atheism means

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Africans Obsessed With Night Vigils by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:17pm On Aug 23, 2016
JFAH:

It requires an actual opt out. Most people simply don't bother. Religion is simply put not important enough to bother about here. I do, because I see the harm of it in other countries. That its no longer affect normal life in the nordics doesn't mean irrational belief systems is good.

Atheism is an irrational belief system and has held its adherents in mental slavery for a long time . E.g Soviet Union , North Korea and 20th century China .

Do you know that atheists have made very little accomplishments through out the history of mankind ? Do you know that atheism is culpable for the death of millions ?

Do you know that atheists are filled with so much hatred and anger ?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Africans Obsessed With Night Vigils by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:21pm On Aug 23, 2016
Deicide:
Its difficult to Educate Ebuka As feargodandlive mentioned earlier I told him Human being no be church but the guy would still click to his ignorance the same way he keep making mistake on what atheism means

I'm comfortably defending my points while he keeps failing to defend his . cool .

1 Like

Re: Why Are Africans Obsessed With Night Vigils by FearGodAndLive: 9:21pm On Aug 23, 2016
Deicide:
To be honest, it's not Kingebukasblog fault. Christianity propagated itself by demonizing alternative world views and ideologies. For Christianity to be true, all other religions must be false. They deceive themselves they have something special, whole we see them for the nonsense they are - grown kids wishing for superpowers.
Re: Why Are Africans Obsessed With Night Vigils by Nobody: 9:21pm On Aug 23, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Atheism is an irrational belief system and has held its adherents in mental slavery for a long time . E.g Soviet Union , North Korea and 20th century China .

Do you know that atheists have made very little accomplishments through out the history of mankind ? Do you know that atheism is culpable for the death of millions ?

Do you know that atheists are filled with so much hatred and anger ?
Ebuka, how did you do that? I mean the redirects with those words.
Re: Why Are Africans Obsessed With Night Vigils by FearGodAndLive: 9:24pm On Aug 23, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Funny, every country on that list is far better than us in every societal index, including North Korea. You're just a typical Nigerian Christian with little knowledge of the world, apart from your Google search lists.

Imagine yourself to be a foreigner and do some searches for Nigeria. You'd be marvelled at the achievements of its Christian leaders.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Africans Obsessed With Night Vigils by FearGodAndLive: 9:25pm On Aug 23, 2016
Reyginus:
Rage-in-us, how body? cheesy
Re: Why Are Africans Obsessed With Night Vigils by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:26pm On Aug 23, 2016
Reyginus:

Highlight the text you want to hyperlink and then click on the "insert hyperlink icon" . After the first [url] , include an equal to sign , like this [url=
, then include the link after the equal to sign .

You can quote that post , to see how I did it .
Re: Why Are Africans Obsessed With Night Vigils by Nobody: 9:27pm On Aug 23, 2016
FearGodAndLive:
Rage-in-us, how body? cheesy
Body dey inside cloth. You are?
Re: Why Are Africans Obsessed With Night Vigils by Deicide: 9:29pm On Aug 23, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

I'm comfortably defending my points while he keeps failing to defend his . cool .
FearGodAndLive:

To be honest, it's not Kingebukasblog fault. Christianity propagated itself by demonizing alternative world views and ideologies. For Christianity to be true, all other religions must be false. They deceive themselves they have something special, whole we see them for the nonsense they are - grown kids wishing for superpowers.
U will never Learn if U think U always Right what do they call it again? I think it's Ignorance
Re: Why Are Africans Obsessed With Night Vigils by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:29pm On Aug 23, 2016
FearGodAndLive:

Funny, every country on that list is far better than us in every societal index, including North Korea. You're just a typical Nigerian Christian with little knowledge of the world, apart from your Google search lists.
Imagine yourself to be a foreigner and do some searches for Nigeria. You'd be marvelled at the achievements of its Christian leaders.

You guys and your pathetic reasoning cannot contend with Christians in those countries . Imagine discussing with a Christian in rich Denmark and you say " religion holds you back "

1 Like

Re: Why Are Africans Obsessed With Night Vigils by FearGodAndLive: 9:30pm On Aug 23, 2016
Reyginus:
Body dey inside cloth. You are?
The name's Musk, Musk Eeto.
Re: Why Are Africans Obsessed With Night Vigils by Nobody: 9:31pm On Aug 23, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Highlight the text you want to hyperlink and then click on the "insert hyperlink icon" . After the first [url] , include an equal to sign , like this [url=
, then include the link after the equal to sign .

You can quote that post , to see how I did it .
Okay. Let me try it. Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Africans Obsessed With Night Vigils by Nobody: 9:34pm On Aug 23, 2016
FearGodAndLive:

The name's Musk, Musk Eeto.
Lololol. The cat with copied consciousness. Lol. And JackBizzle and I mourned SonOfLucifer. Though he cane with his dancing shoes.
Re: Why Are Africans Obsessed With Night Vigils by Nobody: 9:38pm On Aug 23, 2016
Guys just trying to test this. You'd find muskeeto bites here
Re: Why Are Africans Obsessed With Night Vigils by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:39pm On Aug 23, 2016
Reyginus:
Guys just trying to test this. You'd find muskeeto bites here

tongue
Re: Why Are Africans Obsessed With Night Vigils by FearGodAndLive: 9:40pm On Aug 23, 2016
Reyginus:
Lololol. The cat with copied consciousness. Lol. And JackBizzle and I mourned SonOfLucifer. Though he cane with his dancing shoes.
Hahahaha, he's a fool in whose head I will live forever. It's nice to have free accommodation, you know.

Don't mourn me. Mourn the fact that the number 1 African forum has pervs, sickos and sadists as moderators. Led by a so-called atheist who questions God while acting like one. It's unbelievable - the iron for the irony fit build stadium.
Re: Why Are Africans Obsessed With Night Vigils by Nobody: 9:47pm On Aug 23, 2016
FearGodAndLive:

Hahahaha, he's a fool in whose head I will live forever. It's nice to have free accommodation, you know.

Don't mourn me. Mourn the fact that the number 1 African forum has pervs, sickos and sadists as moderators. Led by a so-called atheist who questions God while acting like one. It's unbelievable - the iron for the irony fit build stadium.
Lol. Yeah. He questions God but acts like one. Lol. Tufunja, our boy's safe.
Re: Why Are Africans Obsessed With Night Vigils by Deicide: 9:50pm On Aug 23, 2016
FearGodAndLive:

grin God gave only 10 commandments He gave us 22 shocked

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Africans Obsessed With Night Vigils by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:51pm On Aug 23, 2016
FearGodAndLive:

Silly kid, if you want to report a comment, be a man.

wink
Re: Why Are Africans Obsessed With Night Vigils by Nobody: 9:52pm On Aug 23, 2016
Deicide:
grin God gave only 10 commandments He gave us 22 shocked
Lololol.
Re: Why Are Africans Obsessed With Night Vigils by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:00pm On Aug 23, 2016
Reyginus:
Lol. Are you calling the entire squad on him? The insults Igbos and Yorubas dole out to each other every day is more virulent than the above.

Lolz . His vituperation of the mods is gratuitous anyway . I respect mods a lot

1 Like

Re: Why Are Africans Obsessed With Night Vigils by Nobody: 10:32pm On Aug 23, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Lolz . His vituperation of the mods is gratuitous anyway . I respect mods a lot
With mods banning me for 'misrepresenting the reason' for which I was previously banned I don't see how I'd respect them.
Re: Why Are Africans Obsessed With Night Vigils by JackBizzle: 11:04pm On Aug 23, 2016
FearGodAndLive:

lol....someone is pained.

But seriously, when I was shouting about wicked mods in 2012, 2013, 2014.......where was muskeeto?

Who you epp? grin grin
Re: Why Are Africans Obsessed With Night Vigils by JackBizzle: 11:07pm On Aug 23, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

You guys and your pathetic reasoning cannot contend with Christians in those countries . Imagine discussing with a Christian in rich Denmark and you say " religion holds you back "

A christian in Denmark?? He must be the awkward one in his office grin grin grin

sooo many non-believers in Denmark

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Five Muslim Countries Where Gay Is Legal / Prayer Warriors Say My Boyfriend Is Not The Husband For Me / Qu'ranites, Qu'ranists (hadith Rejecters)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.