Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,515 members, 7,819,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:41 AM

Garba Shehu Wasting His Talent On Wrong Priorities, Ezekwesili Blasts FG Again - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Garba Shehu Wasting His Talent On Wrong Priorities, Ezekwesili Blasts FG Again (764 Views)

Oby Ezekwesili Blasts NASS: "Senate Of Scandals, Fat Allowances, Tragi-Comedian" / "Anu Ofia" Oby Ezekwesili Blasts Internet Troll / Garba Shehu Wasting His Talent On Wrong Priorities, Ezekwesili Blasts FG Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Garba Shehu Wasting His Talent On Wrong Priorities, Ezekwesili Blasts FG Again by VillageParrot: 10:16am On Aug 23, 2016
Former Minister of Education and Bring Back Our Girls Convener, Dr. Oby Ezekwesili has denied saying President Buhari doesn't deserve to be President over the way he has handled the plight of 2,000 immigration service recruits who slept at the entrance of Aso Villa from last Friday till Saturday morning.

She also took a fresh swipe at the Presidency, attacking presidential spokesman Garba Shehu whom she labeled as a man wasting his talents on wrong priorities.

According to the initial report by The Nigerian Tribune, Ezekwesili, while appealing to the protesters to maintain decorum, also challenged President Buhari to come out and publicly address the alleged illegal recruitment which has permeated his administration in the last couple of months, saying “that was not the change Nigerians voted for.”

“You are great Nigerians. So, you slept here, Oh my God! Inside this cold of Abuja. Somebody holds you a better explanation, and if President Muhammadu Buhari says he doesn’t know that you slept here since yesterday, it means he doesn’t deserve to be there.

“This government should not punish those who did not deserve to be punished. Nothing should be done secretly. This is not the change Nigerians voted for. President Buhari should come out and address the allegation of illegal recruitment going on in the civil service,”
The Nigerian Tribune quoted Ezekwesili.

The report immediately attracted the anger of the Buhari Presidency with presidential spokesman Garba Shehu lashing out at Ezekwesili, challenging her to contest for President in 2019 if she felt she was better qualified than Buhari.

Garba Shehu advised Ezekwesili to form a political party to run for presidency if she felt Buhari was not doing well.

He told The Nigerian Tribube in Abuja that if she did so and won the election, Buhari would hand over to her.

Asked to react to Ezekwesili’s claims, Shehu said: “Did I hear you say that Madam Ezekwesili said President Muhammadu Buhari is not fit to be in that office?

“That is a political statement. What I will advise her to do is to come out of the shadow of the grieving Chibok parents, register a political party and go into the election against the APC and President Muhammadu Buhari.

“If she thinks she is a better person to be in that office, let her present herself to the Nigerian people in an election. She has the right to do so under our constitution.”

“The issue of democracy is that there is a right to vote and be voted for. If anybody thinks that they can do a better job than President Muhammadu Buhari as president of Nigeria, let them go and run for the office to win election and take over.”

Apparently embarrassed by the ensuing drama that followed, Ezekwesili reached out to The Nigerian Tribune denying she ever made the statement attributed to her. According to a statement personally signed by Ezekwesili herself, The Nigerian Tribune has now apologised to her for misquoting her.

Read her statement below...

I woke up yesterday to read a fictitious report credited to me by Sunday Tribune that I claimed President Muhammadu Buhari does not deserve to be president. And on the basis of the fiction weaved together by a reporter, he let loose one of those now-very-common indecorous and rumor- inspired verbal assault from presidential spokesman, Mallam Garba Shehu.

Read more via http://www.signalng.com/garba-shehu-wasting-talent-wrong-priorities-ezekwesili-blasts-fg/

Re: Garba Shehu Wasting His Talent On Wrong Priorities, Ezekwesili Blasts FG Again by faorex(m): 10:23am On Aug 23, 2016
the thing too long faaa
Re: Garba Shehu Wasting His Talent On Wrong Priorities, Ezekwesili Blasts FG Again by westlius(m): 10:36am On Aug 23, 2016
i believe bubu go send his dogs dss and efcc to catch oby
Re: Garba Shehu Wasting His Talent On Wrong Priorities, Ezekwesili Blasts FG Again by Harrisee(m): 10:41am On Aug 23, 2016
Ezekwesili Obiageli, please find attached a copy of wailers form. Do fill and return to any branch of our offices across the country. Also remember that a token of fifty thousand naira will be charged for late registration.

Harrisee
Corporate Affairs manager

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Garba Shehu Wasting His Talent On Wrong Priorities, Ezekwesili Blasts FG Again by sarrki(m): 10:45am On Aug 23, 2016
All this blog site I know trust if he know be nairaland, & reputable media coy I know believe

Just trying to sow discord that won't work

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Garba Shehu Wasting His Talent On Wrong Priorities, Ezekwesili Blasts FG Again by praxisnetworks: 10:51am On Aug 23, 2016
madam doN press P
Re: Garba Shehu Wasting His Talent On Wrong Priorities, Ezekwesili Blasts FG Again by QuotaSystem: 10:55am On Aug 23, 2016
Lies!

The woman was simply responding to Garba Shehu's reaction to what she was wrongly reported to have said against the President.

The presidential spokesman never knew she never said Buhari doesn't deserve to be President which is likely why he went on the defensive. I expect him to apologize to her.

Ezekwesili has restated her support and belief in Buhari, and like every Nigerian, voices concerns when such arise.

To the dismay of the wailers, Ezekwesili has DENIED speaking against PMB vehemently.

VillageParrot:

I woke up yesterday to read a fictitious report credited to me by Sunday Tribune that I claimed President Muhammadu Buhari does not deserve to be president.

And on the basis of the fiction weaved together by a reporter, he let loose one of those now-very-common indecorous and rumor- inspired verbal assault from presidential spokesman, Mallam Garba Shehu.

Re: Garba Shehu Wasting His Talent On Wrong Priorities, Ezekwesili Blasts FG Again by hommespecia: 11:20am On Aug 23, 2016
You have to be careful when addressing the press so the don't misquote you.
Re: Garba Shehu Wasting His Talent On Wrong Priorities, Ezekwesili Blasts FG Again by proeast(m): 11:36am On Aug 23, 2016
This country has finally gone to the dogs, little wonder the principle actors like buhari and lai muhamed are now being named after dogs!
Re: Garba Shehu Wasting His Talent On Wrong Priorities, Ezekwesili Blasts FG Again by Clerverly: 11:47am On Aug 23, 2016
IPOB yoots dragging Ezekwesili along by force grin grin...planting fake news in her name just to make it look she is fighting Buahri...

The same they cursed daylight of.....IPOB yoots are really Useless... grin grin
Re: Garba Shehu Wasting His Talent On Wrong Priorities, Ezekwesili Blasts FG Again by able20(m): 11:58am On Aug 23, 2016
Harrisee:
Ezekwesili Obiageli, please find attached a copy of wailers form. Do fill and return to any branch of our offices across the country. Also remember that a token of fifty thousand naira will be charged for late registration.

Harrisee
Corporate Affairs manager
Bravo!!! Ezekwesili finally admitted to the Prestigious WAILERS club. Zombie na Disease I tell ya.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

If You're A Moderator Who Would You Ban / Time To Rally Around Tinubu. / Hon. Jibrin Reveals More Shocking Details Of Corruption In House (part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.