Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,443 members, 7,823,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:09 PM

President Buhari Is Not The Cause Of Economic Hardship In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Is Not The Cause Of Economic Hardship In Nigeria (1811 Views)

Charly Boy, Sowore, NLC Protest In Lagos Over Economic Hardship (Photos) / Reports Of Hardship In Nigeria ‘mere Propaganda’ – NAN Chief, Onanuga / APC Not Responsible For Current Economic Hardship – Akpabio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Buhari Is Not The Cause Of Economic Hardship In Nigeria by Orikinla(m): 4:42pm On Aug 23, 2016
President Buhari is not the Cause of Economic Hardship in Nigeria

Many ignorant and poorly educated Nigerians have been calling President Muhammadu Buhari all sorts of derogatory names, cursing and swearing as they blame him for the current economic hardship majority of people are suffering in Nigeria. But unknown to them, the current recession is a global development that is affecting all the continents and in fact Nigerians should be thanking God, because the hardship would have been worse.
Nigeria is not even among the worst economic performers and not among the top ten most affected countries in the world and they include mighty Japan, Italy, Taiwan and Ireland without even mentioning the weeping baby of Europe, Greece.

US Secretary of State, John Kerry currently visiting Nigeria knows that America is also facing economic challenges and will discuss the global recession with Nigerian President Muhammadu Buhari.

[size=14pt]According Bloomberg:
Oil-rich Venezuela will contract by 3.3 percent this year, the worst forecast of any of the 93 countries in our analysis, followed by junk-rated Brazil, debt-laden Greece and commodities-ravaged Russia. [/size]

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-01-11/meet-2016-s-worst-economic-performers-flirting-with-disaster

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xY7HwALKKwY

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Is Not The Cause Of Economic Hardship In Nigeria by taylor88(m): 4:55pm On Aug 23, 2016
Thunder where are thou
Re: President Buhari Is Not The Cause Of Economic Hardship In Nigeria by dunkem21(m): 5:15pm On Aug 23, 2016
It is Emefiele cheesy
Re: President Buhari Is Not The Cause Of Economic Hardship In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:27pm On Aug 23, 2016
Orikinla, you nor the article didn't really tell us how he's not the cause. Let's leave that now. Please tell me, what aspect of our economy right now is President Buhari's economic policies responsible?

7 Likes

Re: President Buhari Is Not The Cause Of Economic Hardship In Nigeria by PaulIdu: 5:30pm On Aug 23, 2016
Orkinla working hard to earn his pay

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari Is Not The Cause Of Economic Hardship In Nigeria by PaulIdu: 5:32pm On Aug 23, 2016
Thunder please do your work ASAP
Re: President Buhari Is Not The Cause Of Economic Hardship In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:44pm On Aug 23, 2016
PaulIdu:
Orkinla working hard to earn his pay
Something happened to the guy. He wasn't like this. Watch his next thread and see new reasons why Buhari is not responsible for Forex.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Is Not The Cause Of Economic Hardship In Nigeria by Miiirage: 5:54pm On Aug 23, 2016
OP, who made you his spokesperson?
Re: President Buhari Is Not The Cause Of Economic Hardship In Nigeria by tuniski: 5:55pm On Aug 23, 2016
Perhaps the Op is responsible. No excuse or reason can exonerate Buhari as the president of nigeria right now!
By not owning up, buhari is on the journey of no return in disaster!

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Is Not The Cause Of Economic Hardship In Nigeria by 4Play(m): 5:58pm On Aug 23, 2016
This Venezuela comparison is the sort of argument aimed at exploiting Nigerians ignorance. The reality is that Venezuela has deeper economic problems and that Nigeria has been doing better than Venezuela since at least the GEJ era. Here is my previous post on this:

4Play:
These online propagandists get emailed talking points which they promote endlessly - for APC propagandists, their recent talking points include the misleading comparison to Venezuela.

At the heart of the talking point is that the present government deserves praise as Nigeria's present economic performance is not as bad as Venezuela's, a fellow oil producer. The problem with this line of argument is that it masks a major piece of irony: if Nigeria's relative outperformance vis-a-vis Venezuala constitutes a basis for praising the present government, it is also a basis for praising the PDP government. This is because Nigeria has been outperforming Venezuala for a while. Here is an extract from a January 2014 article about the Venezuelan economy:

If there were an award for the messiest year in Latin America, Venezuela would win it by a landslide. Currency problems, drastic shortages and political wars marked a 2013 that began with the death of Comandante Hugo Chávez in early March. Since then, successor and current President Nicolás Maduro has been trying to carry on his legacy at any cost -- and many fear that is bringing the country close to collapse.

Whether Maduro's failing policies or the so-called “economic war” Maduro is accusing his opposition of waging are to blame, Venezuela entered a recession in 2013. GDP suffered a 0.4 percent contraction this year, according to estimates by Trading Economics. This, in a year when Venezuela dealt with 42 percent inflation, and the Venezuelan bolívar dropped 32 percent against the U.S. dollar
[url]
http://www.ibtimes.com/venezuelas-economy-will-continue-suffer-2014-analysts-predict-further-recession-1535334[/url]

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari Is Not The Cause Of Economic Hardship In Nigeria by able20(m): 6:03pm On Aug 23, 2016
Op please remove this junkyard analysis from here please before the folks send curses and Thunders to strike you
Re: President Buhari Is Not The Cause Of Economic Hardship In Nigeria by Abagworo(m): 6:14pm On Aug 23, 2016
Whoever claims Buhari is the cause is either out for mischief or is ignorant. I've written it elsewhere that with destruction of our export lines by Avengers coupled with declined oil prices, I will rate Buhari's Government as probably the best in handling this economic crisis among all the world leaders.

In fact it is a miracle that our economy has not been grounded by now as planned by PDP before hand over using NDA as a tool.

4 Likes

Re: President Buhari Is Not The Cause Of Economic Hardship In Nigeria by PaulIdu: 6:16pm On Aug 23, 2016
Reyginus:
Something happened to the guy. He wasn't like this. Watch his next thread and see new reasons why Buhari is not responsible for Forex.

Maybe it's the current hardship in the country that has affected his brain in a reverse process

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Is Not The Cause Of Economic Hardship In Nigeria by Bethelwealthy(m): 6:20pm On Aug 23, 2016
.........Brof, writing is not your destiny. .........for you to have writen this pig-shit, you are fired.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Is Not The Cause Of Economic Hardship In Nigeria by fendorf(m): 6:30pm On Aug 23, 2016
Nigeria will bounce back
Re: President Buhari Is Not The Cause Of Economic Hardship In Nigeria by ElCount: 6:48pm On Aug 23, 2016
Off course it isn't buhari I am the cause

*I am the one who went to an intl event and said all nigerians are criminals because I know there are still crazy investors who will invest in a country filled with criminals

*I am the one who ran the country for 6months without ministers as well as an economic policy.
And presently I still don't have an economic policy because "Who Economic Policy Epp!"

*I am the one who runs the country with an economic team that's being headed by a professor in Law

OP you just showed us that thinking isn't ur strong point so kindly donate ur brains to a science lab for research purposes. Thank me later

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari Is Not The Cause Of Economic Hardship In Nigeria by Orikinla(m): 7:10pm On Aug 23, 2016
ElCount:
Off course it isn't buhari I am the cause
*I am the one who went to an intl event and said all nigerians are criminals because I know there are still crazy investors who will invest in a country filled with criminals
*I am the one who ran the country for 6months without ministers as well as an economic policy.
And presently I still don't have an economic policy because "Who Economic Policy Epp!"
*I am the one who runs the country with an economic team that's being headed by a professor in Law
OP you just showed us that thinking isn't ur strong point so kindly donate ur brains to a science lab for research purposes. Thank me later

Re: President Buhari Is Not The Cause Of Economic Hardship In Nigeria by hopilo: 7:25pm On Aug 23, 2016
Since he is not the cause, is that why he cannot solve the economic crisis?
Re: President Buhari Is Not The Cause Of Economic Hardship In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:31pm On Aug 23, 2016
Abagworo:
Whoever claims Buhari is the cause is either out for mischief or is ignorant. I've written it elsewhere that with destruction of our export lines by Avengers coupled with declined oil prices, I will rate Buhari's Government as probably the best in handling this economic crisis among all the world leaders.

In fact it is a miracle that our economy has not been grounded by now as planned by PDP before hand over using NDA as a tool.
Lol. Are you for real? But our economy started suffering before Avengers began their bombings in February. You don't think running a country for six months without ministers or restricting forex is also responsible for the problems we are feeling? Tell me another story please.

Okay. Let me pose you same question I asked Orikinla which he's yet to answer. Please tell us, what exact policy has Mr Buhari employed that is helping the economy regain its feet from the 'technical' recession this country us in?

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Is Not The Cause Of Economic Hardship In Nigeria by LORDOFAFONJAS: 7:39pm On Aug 23, 2016
Abagworo:

poor dude smh....

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Is Not The Cause Of Economic Hardship In Nigeria by mercichoco(f): 7:44pm On Aug 23, 2016
Yes Op you're right. buhari is not the cause of hardship just as my grandmama is still a virgin
Re: President Buhari Is Not The Cause Of Economic Hardship In Nigeria by otokx(m): 7:45pm On Aug 23, 2016
We are not producing yet we want prosperity.
Re: President Buhari Is Not The Cause Of Economic Hardship In Nigeria by wowmenow: 7:46pm On Aug 23, 2016
They pay this kid 500 naira for this post

Is OK at least you doing what you paid for

Abagworo:

Re: President Buhari Is Not The Cause Of Economic Hardship In Nigeria by Femich18(m): 8:28pm On Aug 23, 2016
Lol...We will Blame GEJ
Re: President Buhari Is Not The Cause Of Economic Hardship In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:37pm On Aug 23, 2016
Bros eh..forget dat one..na gbo gbo..wash....
Make ask you..
You fit pack your new car for 6month without out service..talk more of nigeria second hand value..even if..
Buhari pack nigeria for more than 6month..the hustle ministers..why our wheel em dem..the flat..even those animals for our coat of arm no come see future..everybody find level..
By the time he come wan start our car..more damage don do am..adding tothe already done damage..
Na the matter bubu com fold 2 in one the give us yarning..
Omo we know eh..plenty yarn still dey d matter..but make we leave for here
Re: President Buhari Is Not The Cause Of Economic Hardship In Nigeria by ndcide(m): 9:04pm On Aug 23, 2016
A dead on arrival attempt to stop us from holding the government we voted for accountable for anything.

How about bringing the 16 years line or it's GEJ..

Buhari can do us a favour and resign.
Re: President Buhari Is Not The Cause Of Economic Hardship In Nigeria by Newmanluckyman(m): 9:40pm On Aug 23, 2016
Orikinla:

Many ignorant and poorly educated Nigerians have been calling President Muhammadu Buhari all sorts of derogatory names, cursing and swearing as they blame him for the current economic hardship majority of people are suffering in Nigeria. But unknown to them, the current recession is a global development that is affecting all the continents and in fact Nigerians should be thanking God, because the hardship would have been worse.
Nigeria is not even among the worst economic performers and not among the top ten most affected countries in the world and they include mighty Japan, Italy, Taiwan and Ireland without even mentioning the weeping baby of Europe, Greece.

US Secretary of State, John Kerry currently visiting Nigeria knows that America is also facing economic challenges and will discuss the global recession with Nigerian President Muhammadu Buhari.

Oil-rich Venezuela will contract by 3.3 percent this year, the worst forecast of any of the 93 countries in our analysis, followed by junk-rated Brazil, debt-laden Greece and commodities-ravaged Russia. [/size]

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-01-11/meet-2016-s-worst-economic-performers-flirting-with-disaster

... Of course my girlfriend is the cause of our economic woes. Hope ur happy now @ OP?
Re: President Buhari Is Not The Cause Of Economic Hardship In Nigeria by Emekamex(m): 9:44pm On Aug 23, 2016
Zombies will defend anything.

Re: President Buhari Is Not The Cause Of Economic Hardship In Nigeria by Orikinla(m): 5:15am On Aug 24, 2016
Join me in a growing movement of millions of people across the planet who are taking action to solve the world's biggest challenges.

#showup and Join the movement http://glblctzn.me/2aYLiY9

Let us make a difference today.

Re: President Buhari Is Not The Cause Of Economic Hardship In Nigeria by Amanwulu1(m): 6:04am On Aug 24, 2016
Ignorant n gullible op, come and see d cause here. U and I are d cause. Agree? Fine.
Re: President Buhari Is Not The Cause Of Economic Hardship In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:02am On Aug 24, 2016
Orikinla:

Zombie try harder, I am the cause you hear?
America is also facing economic challenges buh has added more jobs this year alone than the past 5years.
Nigerians are the most gullible and brainwashed people on earth, that's why Christians go to church every Sunday to listen to their pastor's version of the Bibl, getting brainwashed into non-biblical principles, leaving them worse off than they were.......... thats why dense and savage Muslim's who claim religion of peace would kill and maim fellow humans in trying to defend a defenseless god. You're always fighting for your god, that should make you a god urself.
Re: President Buhari Is Not The Cause Of Economic Hardship In Nigeria by otitokoroleti: 7:04am On Aug 24, 2016
Op, may God heal you

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Reduce Your Electricity Bill / Melaye Releases To Proof That He Graduated From ABU Zaria / When Will Nigerians Start Demanding The FG Tell The Truth About Buhari's Health?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.