Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,700 members, 7,809,655 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:33 PM

I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan (4443 Views)

I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan / Those Who Want Oyegun Out As National Chairman Are Targetting Buhari --dr Chris / Picture Of A Nairalander With Dr Goodluck Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan by erinolu(m): 4:55pm On Aug 23, 2016
Former President, Goodluck Jonathan has replied his critics who accused him of handing over a nation at the verge of collapse to his successor, President Muhammadu Buhari.
Jonathan recounted the achievements of his government to include, handing over a country that produced the richest man in Africa.
Jonathan said, “I took over a Nigeria that was the second largest economy in Africa with a GDP of $270.5 billion in 2009, I handed over a Nigeria that had grown to become the largest economy in Africa and the 24th largest economy in the World with a GDP of $574 billion.
“I inherited a Nigeria in which the trains were not working, and handed over a Nigeria in which citizens can safely travel by trains again.
I inherited a Nigeria that was a net importer of cement, and handed over a Nigeria that is a net exporter of cement.
In 2009 the richest Nigerian was the 5th richest man in Africa, but I handed over a Nigeria that produced the richest man in Africa.
”The former President stated that democracy will continue to grow in the African continent if leaders value the process of elections more than the product of the process.
He said, “Even in the 2015 general elections in my country, Nigeria, there was potential for major crisis if I was not a President duly elected by the will of the people.
“The campaigns leading to the elections almost polarized the country into Christian vs Muslims and North vs South divide.
Most World leaders were worried that our elections will result into major crisis.
Some pundits even from here in the United States said that those elections would spell the end of Nigeria and that we would cease to exist as a nation because of the polls.
That is where the leadership question comes into play.
As a leader that was duly elected by the people, I considered the people’s interest first.
How do I manage my people to avoid killings and destruction of properties?
With the interest of the people propelling all the decisions I took, we were able to sail through.
Indeed, we sail through because I refused to interfere with the independence of the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, having appointed a man I had never met in my life to run it.
My philosophy was simple. For elections to be credible, I as a leader, must value the process more than the product of the process. And the citizens must have confidence in the electoral body.

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan by divinehand2003(m): 5:03pm On Aug 23, 2016
NOOOOOOOOOO NOW.

You handed a country that has already been swallowed up by the cancer called CORRUPTION, bastardized by STEALING, LOOTING, and THIEFING by the high and mighty, and drowned plus suffocated with UNEMPLOYMENT, POVERTY AND HATRED.

You handed over a country that was almost dethroned by Boko Haram, and with a military that had lost its morals and courage to protect the sovereignty of the nation.

You handed over a country that was the fastest growing economy on paper but in reality it's characterized by starving in the midst of plenty.

You handed over a country that was in a near death and comatose State only for this new man at the helm of affairs to bury it the more.

Come 2019, I wonder what their slogan and manifesto will be. Maybe '' LET'S RETURN TO TRANSFORMATION AGENDA".

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 5:11pm On Aug 23, 2016
you sure didn't.. we didn't see it coming, we were too gullible and forgot the old wise saying

"the devil you know is better than the angel you don't"

come 2019, I rather vote KOWA than make the same mistake twice

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 5:14pm On Aug 23, 2016
divinehand2003:
NOOOOOOOOOO NOW.

You handed a country that have already been swallowed up by the cancer called CORRUPTION, bastardized by STEALING, LOOTING, and THIEFING by the high and mighty, and drowned plus suffocated with UNEMPLOYMENT, POVERTY AND HATRED.

You handed over a country that was almost dethroned by Boko Haram, and with a military that had lost its morals and courage to protect the sovereignty of the nation.

young man, how much was a bag of rice??

What was the exchange rate then??

how many bankers lost their job then??

Has book haram been scrapt off now??

How many foreign investors did leave Nigeria then??

think before you type and not otherwise

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 5:28pm On Aug 23, 2016
Goodluck handed over a packaged country, It crumbled in the hands of Buhari.

10 Likes

Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan by divinehand2003(m): 5:29pm On Aug 23, 2016
splenzard:

OP, even I can testify that you joined in calling GEJ '' CLUELESS '' during his administration.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 5:49pm On Aug 23, 2016
divinehand2003:

OP, even I can testify that you joined in calling GEJ '' CLUELESS '' during his administration.

we didn't start calling him that until APC presented us with lies that were too good to be true...

13 Likes

Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan by Bethelwealthy(m): 6:29pm On Aug 23, 2016
even with evidences, a man whose brain cells are on lock-down will still doubt the truth.
Joanthan left a Nigeria with Promising economic advances, such that even the world was speculating a rise into succession. But i guess the SLAVE-TAKERS preffer backwardness.
............here we are.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan by adeowo84(m): 6:36pm On Aug 23, 2016
OK o, healthy economy with corrupt foundation in all ramifications...
Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan by activeguy: 6:47pm On Aug 23, 2016
When you cannot dance, you say the drum is bad.
-Ashanti

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan by omogidi234(m): 6:53pm On Aug 23, 2016
Merhink Oga Jona shouldn't be joining issues with anyone.

He has done his best and he should be seen giving advice and not joining issues. Without mincing word, even though PMB had made some major unpopular decisions on the economy , PMB good decision couldn't have saved the impending crisis.

Even, NOI recently confirmed that the last administration was just spending and didn't save for the raining days.
Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan by Omudia11: 6:55pm On Aug 23, 2016
we know you didn't sir. God is with you.

1 Like

Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan by omolami: 7:25pm On Aug 23, 2016
The IQ of a Phd holder must be different from a primary school certificate holder

9 Likes

Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan by moski5(m): 9:13pm On Aug 23, 2016
Nigeria had challenges, unknown to Nigerians I included Gej managed them well
Any1 who says otherwise and Quote me Anywhere Anytime
Is benefiting from the Nations current MESS

4 Likes

Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan by 4wrd9ja: 9:34pm On Aug 23, 2016
splenzard:

Don't mind the fool, their stupidity stinks he and his ilks they still think this is pre 2015 elections and they think they can continually pull the wool over our eyes,we now have bases for comparison and so far the present administration is not measuring up and their propaganda and lies can't cover for it, the people are wiser now.

10 Likes

Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan by Ekugbeh(m): 9:44pm On Aug 23, 2016
Searchin 4 saint in six months n u came out with politicians instead of technochrats. Yet u stil blame GEJ.

JP Morgan deleted Nigeria bonds in whose tenure? Jez because u were slow 2 appoint advisers, now it's bitin hard on u, yet u yell 'PDP 16yrs of misrule'

Was it the PDP that forced u to peg d Naira at an unreallistic rate yet u came back to ur vomit?

We had a very poor outing in Rio Olympics, hope u ain't gnna blame PDP too.

We all knw GEJ had his shortcomings buh that shuldn't becloud our sane minds.

15 Likes

Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan by 4wrd9ja: 9:49pm On Aug 23, 2016
erinolu:
Former President, Goodluck Jonathan has replied his critics who accused him of handing over a nation at the verge of collapse to his successor, President Muhammadu Buhari.
Jonathan recounted the achievements of his government to include, handing over a country that produced the richest man in Africa.
Jonathan said, “I took over a Nigeria that was the second largest economy in Africa with a GDP of $270.5 billion in 2009, I handed over a Nigeria that had grown to become the largest economy in Africa and the 24th largest economy in the World with a GDP of $574 billion.
“I inherited a Nigeria in which the trains were not working, and handed over a Nigeria in which citizens can safely travel by trains again.
I inherited a Nigeria that was a net importer of cement, and handed over a Nigeria that is a net exporter of cement.
In 2009 the richest Nigerian was the 5th richest man in Africa, but I handed over a Nigeria that produced the richest man in Africa.
”The former President stated that democracy will continue to grow in the African continent if leaders value the process of elections more than the product of the process.
He said, “Even in the 2015 general elections in my country, Nigeria, there was potential for major crisis if I was not a President duly elected by the will of the people.
“The campaigns leading to the elections almost polarized the country into Christian vs Muslims and North vs South divide.
Most World leaders were worried that our elections will result into major crisis.
Some pundits even from here in the United States said that those elections would spell the end of Nigeria and that we would cease to exist as a nation because of the polls.
That is where the leadership question comes into play.
As a leader that was duly elected by the people, I considered the people’s interest first.
How do I manage my people to avoid killings and destruction of properties?
With the interest of the people propelling all the decisions I took, we were able to sail through.
Indeed, we sail through because I refused to interfere with the independence of the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, having appointed a man I had never met in my life to run it.
My philosophy was simple. For elections to be credible, I as a leader, must value the process more than the product of the process. And the citizens must have confidence in the electoral body.
your reply does not matter again, you allowed their lies to go unchallenged for too long until people bought into it , the damage had been done, I wonder what you want to achieve by this,you brought about this because you presented like a weakling, that was your original sin not corruption .the corruption was a means to an end for them, all past leaders are corrupt including the current one forming saint

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan by DeZoro(m): 9:53pm On Aug 23, 2016
pls let Buhari led the way to beg GEJ for forgiveness

5 Likes

Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan by MENZPRIDE(m): 9:54pm On Aug 23, 2016
splenzard:

You quoted him halfway and failed to catch the joke- Mark Twain style...
Saying the truth in an ironic and satirical style.

1 Like

Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan by MENZPRIDE(m): 10:01pm On Aug 23, 2016
4wrd9ja:

your reply does not matter again, you allowed their lies to go unchallenged for too long until people bought into it , the damage had been done, I wonder what you want to achieve by this,you brought about this because you presented like a weakling, that was your original sin not corruption .the corruption was a means to an end for them, all past leaders are corrupt including the current one forming saint

A very reasonable and matured opinion!
This is Fantastically Impresive!!
Well Done, Op.

1 Like

Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 10:37pm On Aug 23, 2016
MENZPRIDE:

You quoted him halfway and failed to catch the joke- Mark Twain style...
Saying the truth in an ironic and satirical style.

joke? he didn't sound like he was joking, he sounding like some one still basking in "sai baba syndrome"

1 Like

Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan by Samunique(m): 10:59pm On Aug 23, 2016
Relax the hero of democracy , we know who destroyed Nigeria, it Buhari and his change agents !

4 Likes

Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan by MENZPRIDE(m): 11:22pm On Aug 23, 2016
splenzard:

joke? he didn't sound like he was joking, he sounding like some one still basking in "sai baba syndrome"
I think he was. Albeit, in an ironical manner. Especially in the last 2 paragraphs.
As for the "Sai Baba" hordes, I think most persons are more knowledgeable and wiser now.
I hope you still have forms for Decampees, even if it's photocopy?

3 Likes

Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan by Nobody: 11:27pm On Aug 23, 2016
MENZPRIDE:

I think he was. Albeit, in an ironical manner. Especially in the last 2 paragraphs.
As for the "Sai Baba" hordes, I think most persons are more knowledgeable and wiser now.
I hope you still have forms for Decampees, even if it's photocopy?

lol..enough copy for late decampees

2 Likes

Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan by discusant: 11:42pm On Aug 23, 2016
Buhari has reduced Nigerians like this:

Jonathan did not hand over Nigerians like this to Buhari.

2 Likes

Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan by Richy4(m): 12:50am On Aug 24, 2016
I guess u did not

People were not crying this much then...
I noticed here on Nairaland that the rate of insult has increased like $, due to the fact that most are really sad...

The jolly good fellows that i used to know here, that brightened my weekends due to their comment now act like haters... I guess the wind of change has equally affected them....

I really wish things will be ok again over there.and people will smile once again....

2 Likes

Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan by naijaking1: 2:25am On Aug 24, 2016
GEJ didn't get it them, and it seems he still hasn't gotten it.
Running around Africa "teaching" people about democracy doesn't do him any good while his legacy is being rubbished endlessly by Buhari without any form of challenge.

2 Likes

Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan by Pidggin(f): 3:45am On Aug 24, 2016
divinehand2003:
[s]NOOOOOOOOOO NOW.

You handed a country that has already been swallowed up by the cancer called CORRUPTION, bastardized by STEALING, LOOTING, and THIEFING by the high and mighty, and drowned plus suffocated with UNEMPLOYMENT, POVERTY AND HATRED.

You handed over a country that was the fastest growing economy on paper but in reality it's characterized by starving in the midst of plenty.

You handed over a country that was in a near death and comatose State only for this new man at the helm of affairs to bury it the more.

Come 2019, I wonder what their slogan and manifesto will be. Maybe '' LET'S RETURN TO TRANSFORMATION AGENDA"[/s].

The eyes of the Lord preserves knowledge and He overthroweth the words of transgressors (Prov 22:12)
Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan by Pidggin(f): 3:50am On Aug 24, 2016
Ekugbeh:

Searchin 4 saint in six months n u came out with politicians instead of technochrats. Yet u stil blame GEJ.

JP Morgan deleted Nigeria bonds in whose tenure? Jez because u were slow 2 appoint advisers, now it's bitin hard on u, yet u yell 'PDP 16yrs of misrule'

Was it the PDP that forced u to peg d Naira at an unreallistic rate yet u came back to ur vomit?

We had a very poor outing in Rio Olympics, hope u ain't gnna blame PDP too.

We all knw GEJ had his shortcomings buh that shuldn't becloud our sane minds.

https://www.nairaland.com/3295504/jonathan-govt-blame-poor-rio#48582044

They did grin

1 Like

Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan by GoodofNaija: 5:36am On Aug 24, 2016
splenzard:

Mr Man, (calling another person young man), people like you are faint hearted and are easily moved by your present circumstances. You only look at the short term, you don't look at the long term.

You should judge the govt by their policies and not by the current prices of goods. Your knowledge of economics is obviously weak.

The policies of this govt are anti corruption, diversification, reduction of importation in order to boost local capacity, massive investment in infrastructure etc. To any discerning mind, this is the way to go in this oil doom era.

Any foreign investor that is leaving Nigeria at this time certainly does not have a good foundation in the first place, but only thriving on a weak corrupt foundation.

Most banks that are sacking now are only consolidating because they no longer have access to illicit cash flows and oil dollars that characterized the former administration.

Don't worry, I know most of the things I have typed here are difficult for you to understand because you cannot see beyond the present circumstance.

However, I must let you know that the man you quoted have a better understanding of the situation than you.

He obviously thinks better than you.

1 Like

Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan by oduastates: 5:45am On Aug 24, 2016
Will someone restructure this country and let this man run his side of the river.
Hopefully with full border controls.
Better still, make efri body waka go.
Re: I Didn't Hand Over A Collapsed Nation To Buhari - Dr. Goodluck Jonathan by agwom(m): 6:13am On Aug 24, 2016
hmmm

(1) (2) (Reply)

More Photos :Akpabio Defection to APC Rally / Unveiling Of Ebonyi international conference Center (photos) / Happening Now As IPOB Match In Solidarity(watch The Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.