Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,316 members, 7,954,277 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:51 PM

The Friend Zone "Doesn't Exist" Reason Why. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Friend Zone "Doesn't Exist" Reason Why. (1795 Views)

8 Signs You Are Deep In The Friend Zone For Life / 'Started In The Friend Zone, Now We Are Getting Married' - US Basketball Player / The Life Of A Girl In The Friend-zone *HILARIOUS PICTURES* (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Friend Zone "Doesn't Exist" Reason Why. by Nobody: 5:49pm On Aug 23, 2016
Before we argue the existence or lack thereof of something, it's important to define the subject at hand.

To 'friend zone' a person is to purposely deny them the chance of anythingmore than a platonic friendship, usually because that person lacks the traits or qualities the other desires in a romantic partner. The person who is denied a relationship is said to be in a place known as the 'friend zone'.

Reason why it doesn't exist and why this bullshit has to stop

What exists is liking a person but not being romantically attracted to him. I've never met a single person who denies that happens. For almost all of us, there are people we like who we're not interested in romantically. It's such a common feeling, even people who have never experienced it (if they exist) surely know many other folks do. So if that's all you mean by "friendzone," you're wrong that people claim it doesn't exist.

Do you really think anyone is claiming, "Actually, women are sexually attracted to all men they like as friends. It's physically impossible for a woman to just like a guy as a friend and be uninterested in him romantically. That can never happen"? I promise you, no one is claiming that.

Many people just don't use the word "friendzone" to label "not being romantically attracted to a friend." I'm one of them. Describing feelings of friendship without romantic attraction as a "zone" seems silly and misleading to me.

It sounds purposeful, as if the woman has chosen to put the guy in some special place or category: "Let's see, Bill ... What should I do with him ... Well, I could marry him, I could date him, I could Bleep his brains out, I could ... Hmm ... Ah! I know! I'm put him in the friendzone!" Usually, that's not what happens. Instead, she's just not attracted to Bill as a romantic partner, but she thinks he's fun to hang out with as a friend.

There's also something vaguely accusatory about it, and it's unfair to accusing someone of wrongdoing if they just don't happen to be into you. They can't force themselves to feel attraction they don't feel. But it's easier to say "That bitch put in the friendzone" than "That bitch likes me and wants to be my friend, but she isn't attracted to me sexually or romantically."

The other way "friendzone" is misleading is that zones tend to be static. I've had romances with people who were once platonic friends and I've become platonic friends with former lovers. It doesn't always happen, but it can. And I know that in the case of people I'm not into romantically, it doesn't feel at all like I've put then in a zone.

A relationship is a two way thing, each person has to feel the same about the other for it to work. There’s chemistry between them, it’s a mutual attraction, not one person pursuing the other.

We don't talk about the boyfriendzone, the girlfrienzone, the you'vepissedmyoffzone, the yuckyou'regrosszone, or the youowemyfivedollarszone, so I'm not sure what the point is of referring to liking-someone-platonically as a zone

Hope you guys will learn and stop this friendzone nonsense.

©Lalasticala
Farano

Mynd44

Fynestboi

Ishilove
Re: The Friend Zone "Doesn't Exist" Reason Why. by Nobody: 5:51pm On Aug 23, 2016
Hmmmmmm
Re: The Friend Zone "Doesn't Exist" Reason Why. by bolt000(m): 5:58pm On Aug 23, 2016
Chai!! So Friendzone can pain someone like this? undecided
ADONBILIVIT

4 Likes

Re: The Friend Zone "Doesn't Exist" Reason Why. by mizzbouqui(f): 5:59pm On Aug 23, 2016
I quote the whole post and agreed with the op and some people are just ******

Op I said ok to your post, please what is wrong in doing that
Re: The Friend Zone "Doesn't Exist" Reason Why. by Nobody: 6:07pm On Aug 23, 2016
bolt000:
Chai!! So Friendzone can pain someone like this? undecided

ADONBILIVIT

Lol bros.

Have never been in so-called friend zone situation because it doesn't exist, I just hear so many biggas complain she put me in friendzone

But the truth is you cant Bleep every girl and not every girl wants to Bleep you, just because she doesn't want to Bleep you mean you niggas start screaming friendzone ! friendzone! It's bullshit and so annoying.

1 Like

Re: The Friend Zone "Doesn't Exist" Reason Why. by Nobody: 6:12pm On Aug 23, 2016
mizzbouqui:

K

You quoted the whole post just to write k? grin
Be like the topic pain you Wella, lmao.

1 Like

Re: The Friend Zone "Doesn't Exist" Reason Why. by Nobody: 6:15pm On Aug 23, 2016
mizzbouqui:

K
Must u comment? undecided this thread is far better than all ur useless threads. cheesy stop forming relationship expert. angry

Gerrarahia jorr undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: The Friend Zone "Doesn't Exist" Reason Why. by Nobody: 6:17pm On Aug 23, 2016
Drew0:

imagine,i feel like giving her a hot slap.
Re: The Friend Zone "Doesn't Exist" Reason Why. by Nobody: 6:17pm On Aug 23, 2016
prettythicksme:
imagine,i feel like slapping sense into her.

Na weiten been dey my mind but she is not worth it. Lol
Re: The Friend Zone "Doesn't Exist" Reason Why. by austine4real(m): 6:18pm On Aug 23, 2016
shocked shocked shocked
abeg i need sumari oo
Re: The Friend Zone "Doesn't Exist" Reason Why. by Nobody: 6:19pm On Aug 23, 2016
Drew0:

Na weiten been dey my mind but she is not worth it. Lol
As in ehnnn,wat da fuvk is k? angry
Re: The Friend Zone "Doesn't Exist" Reason Why. by Nobody: 6:21pm On Aug 23, 2016
prettythicksme:
As in ehnnn,wat da fuvk is k? angry

grin k-leg.
Re: The Friend Zone "Doesn't Exist" Reason Why. by Nobody: 6:22pm On Aug 23, 2016
[quote author=austine4real post=48741261] shocked shocked shocked
abeg i need sumari oo[/quote

Ah bros read am e no dey boring, no lazy for this buhari era o.
Re: The Friend Zone "Doesn't Exist" Reason Why. by Nobody: 6:23pm On Aug 23, 2016
Drew0:

grin k-leg.
So annoying,who does dat?she don already kill ur thread. grin cry
Re: The Friend Zone "Doesn't Exist" Reason Why. by SafeDavid(m): 6:25pm On Aug 23, 2016
Drew0:

Lol bros.

Have never been in so-called friend zone situation because it doesn't exist, I just hear so many biggas complain she put me in friendzone

But the truth is you cant Bleep every girl and not every girl wants to Bleep you, just because she doesn't want to Bleep you mean you niggas start screaming friendzone ! friendzone! It's bullshit and so annoying.

You made a lot of sense bro!
Re: The Friend Zone "Doesn't Exist" Reason Why. by LuvU2: 6:27pm On Aug 23, 2016
True its an illusion
even sounds silly. Friendzone? ohpless
Re: The Friend Zone "Doesn't Exist" Reason Why. by Nobody: 6:29pm On Aug 23, 2016
prettythicksme:
So annoying,who does dat?she don already kill ur thread. grin cry

Lol, Na u and her self. Ur own dey ur body grin
Re: The Friend Zone "Doesn't Exist" Reason Why. by Nobody: 6:30pm On Aug 23, 2016
SafeDavid:

You made a lot of sense bro!

Tnx man smiley
Re: The Friend Zone "Doesn't Exist" Reason Why. by Nobody: 6:32pm On Aug 23, 2016
Drew0:

Lol, Na u and her self. Ur own dey ur body grin
I swear i did not,i love wat u wrote up there.There is so much sense in it.
Re: The Friend Zone "Doesn't Exist" Reason Why. by mizzbouqui(f): 6:33pm On Aug 23, 2016
prettythicksme:
Must u comment? undecided this thread is far better than all ur useless threads. cheesy stop forming relationship expert. angry

Gerrarahia jorr undecided undecided
See me see wahala oo
Where you expecting me not to agree with the post
I see you don't understand the meaning of Okay
Check you dic for better understanding undecided
Re: The Friend Zone "Doesn't Exist" Reason Why. by SafeDavid(m): 6:36pm On Aug 23, 2016
mizzbouqui:

K

That's so wrong. Considering the fact that you create a lot of threads which are mostly copied, so i guess you dont know the effort it takes to put up something like this.
Re: The Friend Zone "Doesn't Exist" Reason Why. by Nobody: 6:39pm On Aug 23, 2016
mizzbouqui:

See me see wahala oo
Where you expecting me not to agree with the post
I see you don't understand the meaning of Okay
Check you dic for better understanding undecided
Reply me on ur thread,dont derail this sensible thread.Let us go derail urs cos no sense in it. undecided undecided
Re: The Friend Zone "Doesn't Exist" Reason Why. by Oahray: 6:50pm On Aug 23, 2016
Em... Op, you may have had good intentions but I don't think your message came across as you intended. In a nutshell, you simply assumed a definition for friendzone and then argued against the definition. That's what is called a strawman argument.

I think you missed it when you added "purposely" to your definition of friendzone.
Re: The Friend Zone "Doesn't Exist" Reason Why. by Peacetemi: 6:52pm On Aug 23, 2016
I love it when I read a very long but sensible post. Thumbs up Op
Mr Oahray you can also add your own definition I'm sure Op would appreciate it
Re: The Friend Zone "Doesn't Exist" Reason Why. by vizkiz: 6:53pm On Aug 23, 2016
prettythicksme:
Reply me on ur thread,dont derail this sensible thread.Let us go to derail urs cos no sense in it. undecided undecided

chai... 2-0 grin
Re: The Friend Zone "Doesn't Exist" Reason Why. by mizzbouqui(f): 6:53pm On Aug 23, 2016
Drew0:

Yeos cheesy
Re: The Friend Zone "Doesn't Exist" Reason Why. by austine4real(m): 6:58pm On Aug 23, 2016
grin grin[quote author=Drew0 post=48741356][/quote] grin grin
Re: The Friend Zone "Doesn't Exist" Reason Why. by mizzbouqui(f): 7:00pm On Aug 23, 2016
SafeDavid:

That's so wrong. Considering the fact that you create a lot of threads which are mostly copied, so i guess you dont know the effort it takes to put up something like this.
There is nothing wrong in responding okay to a post please
If the mods see anything wrong with that they should come and ban me
I dunno that agreeing to a post by saying "K" is now wrong
Re: The Friend Zone "Doesn't Exist" Reason Why. by Hillzy(m): 7:01pm On Aug 23, 2016
Op do u know that u're rite?
Re: The Friend Zone "Doesn't Exist" Reason Why. by Oahray: 7:02pm On Aug 23, 2016
Peacetemi:
I love it when I read a very long but sensible post. Thumbs up Op
Mr Oahray you can also add your own definition I'm sure Op would appreciate it

The friend zone is a situation in which one of two friends wishes to enter into a romantic or sexual relationship, while the other does not. It is generally considered to be an undesirable or dreaded situation by the lovelorn person.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friend_zone

Friend zone is just a fancy term for unrequited love in a friendship. One wants romance, the other wants just friendship.
Re: The Friend Zone "Doesn't Exist" Reason Why. by Nobody: 7:05pm On Aug 23, 2016
vizkiz:

chai... 2-0 grin

cheesy viz baba!no derailing.
Re: The Friend Zone "Doesn't Exist" Reason Why. by mercichoco(f): 7:15pm On Aug 23, 2016
Well to the lady mizzbouqui, you and i know that the reply with "k" is nonchalant and rude. i'm sure you've better ways to agree with the Op than simply typing k.

Op nice write up. Some male folks are good As just friends without any romantic attachment while others turn u on.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Attractive Words To Always Say To Your Girl / Love Vs Lust : 6 Creative Illustrations To Help Couples Find Their Status / To Y'all Sending Emails,I Get No Time For Emails. Chat Through My Page If U Like

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.