Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,294 members, 7,811,883 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:12 PM

HEROES OF NIGERIA: Meet The Best Governors By Geopolitical Zones Since 1999 - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / HEROES OF NIGERIA: Meet The Best Governors By Geopolitical Zones Since 1999 (28222 Views)

2016 Internally Generated Revenue By Geopolitical Region / Democracy Day Scorecard: Top 5 Best Governors! / Table Showing Buhari’s Appointments By Geopolitical Zones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HEROES OF NIGERIA: Meet The Best Governors By Geopolitical Zones Since 1999 by forgiveness: 10:04am On Aug 25, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

On Tinubu, what some people don't know is that Fash might or would have ended up lamenting like Buhari and blaming a certain predecessor if he hadn't met something tangible to build on(Don't forget that BAT met a dying Lagos but kept his focus on the job without blaming the military or Obj's distraction/witchhunt).

Some people will tell you road contracts, but Tinubu hand is everywhere from the Lekki-Epe Express road which was conceived and initiated by BAT, to the Ikoyi-Lekki beautiful bridge that was equally conceived by BAT but OBJ refused permission until Yaradua gave Fash.

Tinubu created Central Business Districts that attracted lots of revenues for Lagos, he ensured that commercial hub were on track and they operated in healthy environment.

No wonder his Aides were fully part of the government of his successors which ensured continuity.

But again, that does not erode the sterling performance of Fash, a worthy administrator in his own right.

@bolded is how I know you know shumthing.

That was the blueprint to development in Lagos and that was why in his first tenure he concentrated on the Island. I remembered we living in the Mainland was angry with his plans but it paid off afterall.

That CBD was what Tinubu used to generate revenue.
Re: HEROES OF NIGERIA: Meet The Best Governors By Geopolitical Zones Since 1999 by forgiveness: 10:09am On Aug 25, 2016
aresa:
This remains the most beautiful and sophisticated bridge on the whole of West Africa and it. was built by Fashola in less than 3 years while the whole of SE and the FG still can not build ordinary 2nd NB 30 years later..

Till today, it's yet to be duplicated by any government in Nigeria...

This bridge is not only an achievement, it's a ground breaking landmark..

You are right, Sir. Fashola built bridges and planted flowers but Tinubu established institutions.

The difference is clear. Tinubu ni.

Please, I would like to know if there is any institution established by Fashola.

Thanks Sir.
Re: HEROES OF NIGERIA: Meet The Best Governors By Geopolitical Zones Since 1999 by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:15am On Aug 25, 2016
betterABIAstate:
all the roads I mentioned are not in enugu city, you seem to be ignorant in this discourse.

Let me give you more that I know

Chime revamped the district hospital in Nsukka

He built primary health centers in almost all communities

More still loading, do your research well.
The difference between Obi and Chime is that one concentrated more on infrastructure (with 60% in Enugu city), while the other was more of institutions that will guarantee infrastructure in the future. This is evident in Anambra state today

2 Likes

Re: HEROES OF NIGERIA: Meet The Best Governors By Geopolitical Zones Since 1999 by Iscoalarcon: 10:22am On Aug 25, 2016
NORTHEAST GEOPOLITICAL ZONE:
Unfortunately, I can't really write much here as the region has been engulfed from one crises to the other. Pardon please...
[/quote] Hava tonye undecided So you don't know anything about Former Governor of Gombe State Alh Danjuma Goje? embarassed
Re: HEROES OF NIGERIA: Meet The Best Governors By Geopolitical Zones Since 1999 by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:24am On Aug 25, 2016
forgiveness:

@bolded is how I know you know shumthing.

That was the blueprint to development in Lagos and that was why in his first tenure he concentrated on the Island. I remembered we living in the Mainland was angry with his plans but it paid off afterall.

That CBD was what Tinubu used to generate revenue.

I lived on the Island all through BAT's tenure and the BRF's first tenure(was born and raised there). An Aunt that stays on the Mainland always say that 'Na una de enjoy Tinubu pass' whenever she comes visiting but an uncle(that is very enlightened) will tel her that "Island is commercial hub and must be captured to use the money to develop others". he would jokingly say that "you cannot use the money from Ajegunle to develop Ikoyi but you can use Ikoyi money to develop Ajegunle". At last, it paid off.

That Lagos is on the move today Is no fluke, but I will forever respect Fash and Ambo for sustaining it and consolidating in it. some people would rather seek to reverse gains of predecessors just to "prove a point' as it is done in almost every States.

1 Like

Re: HEROES OF NIGERIA: Meet The Best Governors By Geopolitical Zones Since 1999 by forgiveness: 10:44am On Aug 25, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

I lived on the Island all through BAT's tenure and the BRF's first tenure(was born and raised there). An Aunt that stays on the Mainland always say that 'Na una de enjoy Tinubu pass' whenever she comes visiting but an uncle(that is very enlightened) will tel her that "Island is commercial hub and must be captured to use the money to develop others". he would jokingly say that "you cannot use the money from Ajegunle to develop Ikoyi but you can use Ikoyi money to develop Ajegunle". At last, it paid off.

That Lagos is on the move today Is no fluke, but I will forever respect Fash and Ambo for sustaining it and consolidating in it. some people would rather seek to reverse gains of predecessors just to "prove a point' as it is done in almost every States.

You are right on point once again. You know the genesis of the development of Lagos from Tinubu to Ambode.

Lagos before Tinubu was dirty, disorganised, unruly, infrastructurally deficit, etc

My mother na Lagosian, Na Lagos I take open eyes.

Fashola try but Tinubu na the Oga.
Re: HEROES OF NIGERIA: Meet The Best Governors By Geopolitical Zones Since 1999 by OkoNDOoBo: 11:12am On Aug 25, 2016
Alphaoscar:

Tinubu's achievement in Lagos is grossly underrated . This is someone that started with paltry #14.2b as annual budget in 1999 and he was able to increase that amount to #240b by 2007.

Governance goes beyond building infrastructure but formulating lasting policies for the future of the state. All the revenue generating institutions in Lagos were put in place by Tinubu.

Lagos as a state was near bankruptcy in 1999 but he handed over a buoyant , rich and self sustaining state in 2007 despite the facts that over #10b of the states allocation was withheld by the FG.

Tinubu is the real deal as far as Lagos is concerned.
Honestly the only thing he lacked then was media publicity, without media fashola will never be rated with tinubu.
Re: HEROES OF NIGERIA: Meet The Best Governors By Geopolitical Zones Since 1999 by globe16: 11:55am On Aug 25, 2016
freshdude99:

[s]Since when is dualizing a road a yardstick for judging a leaders administration?
All I know is this, with all ur handles freeglobe, globe, globe1 et al. u can't see farther than over 150mil Nigerians. Obi did so well judging from where anambra was before. Chime did well as well but have it in mind that Enugu has everything that Anambra never had because of her position as the eastern capital. I will advice u try and see things from that perspective rather than allowing hate and sentiment cloud ur site and mind. Good day[/s]
I can never take a governor eho failed to dualize a single road in 8 years seriously. Such a governor is not only mediocre but also lacks vision.. 150 million nigerians have never rated Obi ahead of Sullivan.. Only the uninformed Tonyebarcanista did of which he must have seen he was wrong.. Chime is not even dragging for the best governor in the east, Chime is one of the best governors in Nigeria since 1999.. Roads chime built can only compare with Abuja roads.. He touched every facet of development in the state.. Chime mandated LG chairmen to build roads with streetlights in Villages whereas Peter obi ran government with LG chairmen for 8 years.. Obi declared 500 million as Anambra IGR for 8 years, Enugu is one of the higest IGR generating states in Nigeria thanks to Chime.. Compare what Fashola and Akpabio receives from Allocations and what what Chime received with their projects and you will agree that Chime was the best performing governor in Nigeria for the last 16 years.. Facts Only
Re: HEROES OF NIGERIA: Meet The Best Governors By Geopolitical Zones Since 1999 by osita76(m): 11:59am On Aug 25, 2016
globe16:

meanwhile, It was Ngige that returned the teachers to school after the year strike during mbadinuju tenure.. You see why I say you lack information
For clarity sake when Ngige came to power he started paying teachers salaries he didn't pay outstanding salaries been owed them by Mbadinuju it was Peter Obi who cleared all outstanding unpaid salaries of teachers and also outstanding debt to pensioners in the state by Mbadinuju administratio, so that credit goes to Peter Obi
Re: HEROES OF NIGERIA: Meet The Best Governors By Geopolitical Zones Since 1999 by globe16: 12:00pm On Aug 25, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

[s]The difference between Obi and Chime is that one concentrated more on infrastructure (with 60% in Enugu city), while the other was more of institutions that will guarantee infrastructure in the future. This is evident in Anambra state today[/s]
Stop talking rubbish and mention the institutions.... You are now speaking as if you have ever visited Enugu to know ehere Chime concentrated more on.. No sane person will ever place obi ahead of chime after viewing their achievements.. Peter obis mates are Rochas and Orji
Re: HEROES OF NIGERIA: Meet The Best Governors By Geopolitical Zones Since 1999 by globe16: 12:08pm On Aug 25, 2016
osita76:
For clarity sake when Ngige came to power he started paying teachers salaries he didn't pay outstanding salaries been owed them by Mbadinuju it was Peter Obi who cleared all outstanding unpaid salaries of teachers and also outstanding debt to pensioners in the state by Mbadinuju administratio, so that credit goes to Peter Obi
I know many teachers that were affected by the strike personally.. Ngige took them back to classrooms and was paying them.. He didn't offset all their outstanding salaries due to his tenure was cut short.. But he started the payments of the outstanding salaries.. Peter obi only completed the payment.. Government is a continuum.. Obiano has also paid off several outstanding payments to several workers in the state that he inherited..
Re: HEROES OF NIGERIA: Meet The Best Governors By Geopolitical Zones Since 1999 by sorepco(m): 12:37pm On Aug 25, 2016
Chime focused on 1 city and obi focused on 1 state. Now u tell me...who was more focused?
globe16:

Why didnt you get proper information before opening threads like this? Have you visited Enugu Before? Peter obi that didn;t construct any dual carriage way for 8 years is who you call best governor in the SE.. These are some of Chime's projects. Its not by noise.
Re: HEROES OF NIGERIA: Meet The Best Governors By Geopolitical Zones Since 1999 by globe16: 12:44pm On Aug 25, 2016
sorepco:
Chime focused on 1 city and obi focused on 1 state. Now u tell me...who was more focused?
Chime focused on the state.. His development projects are there in Nsukka, Udi and the rest parts of the state.. Stop deceiving yourself... Atleast you agree Chime developed Enugu, where did obi develop?
Re: HEROES OF NIGERIA: Meet The Best Governors By Geopolitical Zones Since 1999 by betterABIAstate: 4:15pm On Aug 25, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

The difference between Obi and Chime is that one concentrated more on infrastructure (with 60% in Enugu city), while the other was more of institutions that will guarantee infrastructure in the future. This is evident in Anambra state today
where are the institutions bikonu? You are not even here, you are just typing rubbish. Is it because he built ANSUTH?

Where are the institutions, name them?
Re: HEROES OF NIGERIA: Meet The Best Governors By Geopolitical Zones Since 1999 by Doug07034780891(m): 4:20pm On Aug 25, 2016
Clown go and face Aba where there is no singular road. Are you not ashamed that Abia state is a total stinking mess? You should be worried at the horrible condition of your state than running around like a dunce.

[s]
betterABIAstate:
where are the institutions bikonu? You are not even here, you are just typing rubbish. Is it because he built ANSUTH?

Where are the institutions, name them?
[/s]
Re: HEROES OF NIGERIA: Meet The Best Governors By Geopolitical Zones Since 1999 by betterABIAstate: 4:24pm On Aug 25, 2016
globe16:

Stop talking rubbish and mention the institutions.... You are now speaking as if you have ever visited Enugu to know ehere Chime concentrated more on.. No sane person will ever place obi ahead of chime after viewing their achievements.. Peter obis mates are Rochas and Orji
I think tonyebarcanista is judging based on online songs, he has never stepped his feet in both states for proper research, obi of all governors? Hmmm

I'm waiting for him to name the institutions
Re: HEROES OF NIGERIA: Meet The Best Governors By Geopolitical Zones Since 1999 by OdenigboAroli(m): 4:32pm On Aug 25, 2016
globe16:

I know many teachers that were affected by the strike personally.. Ngige took them back to classrooms and was paying them.. He didn't offset all their outstanding salaries due to his tenure was cut short.. But he started the payments of the outstanding salaries.. Peter obi only completed the payment.. Government is a continuum.. Obiano has also paid off several outstanding payments to several workers in the state that he inherited..

Nwokem,shut up and stop disgracing yourself with your ssttupid lies. Earlier on this thread you lied that Anambra had the highest poverty rate during Obi's tenure and even posted a link that was contrary to your claim...WHAT a ffooll. Anybody who listens to you has too much time on their hands.
Re: HEROES OF NIGERIA: Meet The Best Governors By Geopolitical Zones Since 1999 by OdenigboAroli(m): 4:47pm On Aug 25, 2016
betterABIAstate:
I think tonyebarcanista is judging based on online songs, he has never stepped his feet in both states for proper research, obi of all governors? Hmmm

Another mad dog on the loose. I can bet my life you don't understand the true meaning of institution. You think institution is building white elephant projects that has no real impact on the masses. Itibolibo institution also needs to be run and maintained. This is the reason why Anambra has the best public school system in the country,the best road network,a well structured agricultural master plan,the best security system,the best healthcare system and more. You think you can build these things over night? Go to Enugu and see how Fulani are butchering people like cows because of your poor security network. Why is it not happening in Anambra? Obi made a strong foundation for the growth of Anambra.
Barcanister mentioned Obi not because he built a beautiful Anambra But because of the holistic approach he took in tackling infrastructural need in Anambra.
Re: HEROES OF NIGERIA: Meet The Best Governors By Geopolitical Zones Since 1999 by OdenigboAroli(m): 5:05pm On Aug 25, 2016
betterABIAstate:
Tonyebarcanista, please accept that you are wrong, what policies did obi develop?
Where can you compare chime and obi?

Is it economically? (Enugu igr started beating anambra, thanks to chime)

Infrastructurally? (You know what this means)

Security (how many Cars did obi donated to the police?)

Education? ( chime didn't do badly)

Or health? ( did obi build primary healthcare Centres for all communities?)

What stupid policies are you talking about?

There was never a time Anambra collected more IGR than Enugu because after the creation of the new Anambra state Enugu went with 90% of the structures already on ground and we had to start all over again.

In security,Chime had no real challenge in fighting insecurity because Enugu had no real economic activity. Obi started the fight against kidnapping and demolition of kidnappers den.

Education...We can't compare life and death...lol

In healthcare

It's on record that Obi was the one that rehabilitated all the old and ran down colonial hospitals like Borromeo,Iyi enu,Holy rosary,water side. He also build the brand new Anambra teaching hospital and Ihiala general hospitals. Need I say more ?
Do you wanna go to road connectivity?
How about agriculture?
Sports nko?

You people need to open your eyes and elect wise people.
Re: HEROES OF NIGERIA: Meet The Best Governors By Geopolitical Zones Since 1999 by betterABIAstate: 5:08pm On Aug 25, 2016
OdenigboAroli:
[s]

Another mad dog on the loose. I can bet my life you don't understand the true meaning of institution. You think institution is building white elephant projects that has no real impact on the masses. Itibolibo institution also needs to be run and maintained. This is the reason why Anambra has the best public school system in the country,the best road network,a well structured agricultural master plan,the best security system,the best healthcare system and more. You think you can build these things over night? Go to Enugu and see how Fulani are butchering people like cows because of your poor security network. Why is it not happening in Anambra? Obi made a strong foundation for the growth of Anambra.
Barcanister mentioned Obi not because he built a beautiful Anambra But because of the holistic approach he took in tackling infrastructural need in Anambra.
[/s] no sane person will vote obi ahead of chime, compare obi to rochas
Re: HEROES OF NIGERIA: Meet The Best Governors By Geopolitical Zones Since 1999 by OdenigboAroli(m): 5:17pm On Aug 25, 2016
betterABIAstate:
[/s] no sane person will vote obi ahead of chime, compare obi to rochas

Actually,nobody ever compared them but people like you ,because they are world apart. You people have been celebrating Enugu city since colonial days...lol
Nigga what's new....Wait, I have something new for you;watchout for the emerging Otuocha town in Aguleri,Ekwulobia town in old Aguata and and Okija-Ihiala town. You are still living in the past. Without UNN Nssukka would be worse than villages in Benue.

And don't you ever mention Rochas here again!
Re: HEROES OF NIGERIA: Meet The Best Governors By Geopolitical Zones Since 1999 by betterABIAstate: 5:27pm On Aug 25, 2016
OdenigboAroli:

Actually,nobody ever compared them but people like you ,because they are world apart. You people have been celebrating Enugu city since colonial days...lol
Nigga what's new....Wait, I have something new for you;watchout for the emerging Otuocha town in Aguleri,Ekwulobia town in old Aguata and and Okija-Ihiala town. You are still living in the past. Without UNN Nssukka would be worse than villages in Benue.

And don't you ever mention Rochas here again!
chime is the best governor in the east since 1999, only few people like you and tonyebarcanista think otherwise.
The facts are all there for all to see

1 Like

Re: HEROES OF NIGERIA: Meet The Best Governors By Geopolitical Zones Since 1999 by globe16: 5:40pm On Aug 25, 2016
OdenigboAroli:

[s]Nwokem,shut up and stop disgracing yourself with your ssttupid lies. Earlier on this thread you lied that Anambra had the highest poverty rate during Obi's tenure and even posted a link that was contrary to your claim...WHAT a ffooll. Anybody who listens to you has too much time on their hands.[/s]
who lied.. Go and confirm from NBS and stop ranting here like an unchained malnourished dog. When Soludo wrote about that statistics on his article even your thin god peter obi didnt deny it and you are here jumping up and down like a headless chicken.. Whether you like it or not, you must believe that peter obi was no different from theordore orji, only jobless people like you doing nothing in America that he pays to sing his priase thinks otherwise...
Re: HEROES OF NIGERIA: Meet The Best Governors By Geopolitical Zones Since 1999 by globe16: 5:45pm On Aug 25, 2016
betterABIAstate:

The only difference between Peter obi and Theordore orji in ratings is the ojukwu factor, Ojukwu adopted peter obi and hence people started seeing him as the face of ojukwu.. Peter obi won his second term not by performance but by ojukwu factor... He dragged a sick ojukwu to every campaign singing the song of voting him was ojukwus last wish.. This was peter obi that didnt conduct LG elections for 8 years, the same man his aide was caught in Lagos aiport trying to ferry 250 million in raw cash abroad, the same man that use Anambra money to build malls in Abuja and beer factories while he was governor.. Dont mind the jokers.. Ignore odenigboaroli, he is on the payroll of peter obi
Re: HEROES OF NIGERIA: Meet The Best Governors By Geopolitical Zones Since 1999 by globe16: 5:46pm On Aug 25, 2016
betterABIAstate:
chime is the best governor[b] in the east[/b] since 1999, only few people like you and tonyebarcanista think otherwise.
The facts are all there for all to see
Not in the east, chime is the best governor in Nigeria since 1999. Fact!
Re: HEROES OF NIGERIA: Meet The Best Governors By Geopolitical Zones Since 1999 by globe16: 5:52pm On Aug 25, 2016
OdenigboAroli:

[s]

And don't you ever mention Rochas here again[/s]!
Peter obi is in the same grade with rochas.. Dont mention that filthy name near Chime for any reason.. These are some of Chime's projects.. When kidnappers made Anambra unlivable during peter obi's tenure.. Peter obi the governor and many Anambra rich men ran to Enugu to live for their safety, even people like Victor Umeh still lives in Enugu..

Re: HEROES OF NIGERIA: Meet The Best Governors By Geopolitical Zones Since 1999 by globe16: 5:57pm On Aug 25, 2016
OdenigboAroli:

[s]There was never a time Anambra collected more IGR than Enugu because after the creation of the new Anambra state Enugu went with 90% of the structures already on ground and we had to start all over again.

In security,Chime had no real challenge in fighting insecurity because Enugu had no real economic activity. Obi started the fight against kidnapping and demolition of kidnappers den.

Education...We can't compare life and death...lol

In healthcare

It's on record that Obi was the one that rehabilitated all the old and ran down colonial hospitals like Borromeo,Iyi enu,Holy rosary,water side. He also build the brand new Anambra teaching hospital and Ihiala general hospitals. Need I say more ?
Do you wanna go to road connectivity?
How about agriculture?
Sports nko?

You people need to open your eyes and elect wise people[/s].
when Chime was running standard mass transit schemes for the masses Peter obi was building his mall in Abuja with Anambra money and you want to compare two of their achievements? yeye

Re: HEROES OF NIGERIA: Meet The Best Governors By Geopolitical Zones Since 1999 by globe16: 6:01pm On Aug 25, 2016
OdenigboAroli:

These are roads done by Chime, these kind of roads can only be found in Abuja, I challenge you to post the best road done by Peter obi anywhere in Anambra let uninformed people like Tonyebarcanista judge for themselves. Guy no make me embarass you, Anambra is my state but I will always stand with the truth.. Nobody paid me to agree Obiano is performing!

Re: HEROES OF NIGERIA: Meet The Best Governors By Geopolitical Zones Since 1999 by globe16: 6:04pm On Aug 25, 2016
Tonyebarcanista this is Nsukka to Enugu road done by Chime.. So much for he concentrated his projects in Enugu city... You want to allowed a permanently confused odenigboaroli to deceive you. odenigboaroli more pictures coming up if you dont respect yourself and allow this thread to die a natural death

Re: HEROES OF NIGERIA: Meet The Best Governors By Geopolitical Zones Since 1999 by globe16: 6:06pm On Aug 25, 2016
Chime.. The best governor in the last 16 years.. This is who you want to compare with a mediocre Peter obi that didnt dualize a single road for 8 years

Re: HEROES OF NIGERIA: Meet The Best Governors By Geopolitical Zones Since 1999 by aresa: 6:06pm On Aug 25, 2016
michaelandre:
oga are u saying ambode is not working u need to think well currently ambode is the best governor in Nigeria awards have proved that. those roads u call few are very important to the everyday life of Lagos residents and Lagos indigenes. and u are saying it is easy to lay foundation and will agree with u but u have to have known that the foundation is the most important if the foundation is faulty there is no need for u to build because the building will definitely collapse. so that y we commend tinubu. though fashola is the best governor since Nigeria history but for the foundation and pain tinubu went through for Lagos thats y he deserves that position

I don't remember saying Ambode is not working, that was obviously something you made up and not me.

Btw, Nigerian awards are worthless so I'm really not interested in all that rubbish. Are we not talking about the same awards that goes to incompetent governors with nothing on the ground and zero programs and policies?

Ambode is working, but nothing ground breaking from him yet in the legendary scope f Tinubu and Fashola even though his budget is N100 billion larger than Fashola's largest budget.

Lagos state's budget today is the largest state budget in the history of Nigeria, it is 6 X larger than Anambra's state budget.

Give him time and to grow abeg..
Re: HEROES OF NIGERIA: Meet The Best Governors By Geopolitical Zones Since 1999 by globe16: 6:11pm On Aug 25, 2016
This is the only dual carriage road Peter obi completed in Awka.. The project was started by Ngige.. This is how mediocre peter obi projects are.. No proper drainage.. the is who some folks are mentioning side by side with the legend Chime

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Osinbajo Swore To Resign After 6 Months For Tinubu, Alleges Fani Kayode / Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe Tells Journalist To 'shut Up' On Live Radio / Okorocha Flees Nigeria As EFCC Queries Diversion of 2bn bailout- Thisday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.