Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,915 members, 7,824,841 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread (34114 Views)

Liverpool vs Leicester city thread closed due to nairaland mod hegemony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:32pm On Oct 24, 2016
[size=14pt]City Defenders Need Time To Gel[/size]

It was another horrendous mistake when John Stones made a pass to Vincent Kompany who left his place before the pass.

Redmond of Southampton did not make any mistake when he chose to round Bravo and score. It was another error that caused City their chance to win a game after four matches without a win.

With John Stones hand dug deep into his hair, we can guess a million questions ran through his mind. It is frustrating with City gifting goals to the opposing teams but the defence was sharp in the last game.

Apart from the mistake from Kompany, the defence played well and coped with pressing of the Southampton forward players. Most of the misplaced passes came from the midfielders and Guardiola will sort it out.

Vincent Kompany was solid in defence. He made few passing errors but built-up play with some brilliant passes. Otamendi defended well and Stones made some tidy interceptions.

Kompany returned to the team after a long time out due to his reoccurring injuries. John Stones is a new player in the team and he did not know the mobile nature of Kompany's playing style. With time, such errors will not occur and the team will concede less goals.

Just like Kolarov's mistakes against Celtic and Tottenham Hotspur. Those occurred because he has not played under such intense pressure with Guardiola's system. That was the reason he made those mistakes. When he gets familiar with playing under such intensity, the errors will cut.

The English Premier League is a marathon and Guardiola did not expect the team to walk away with the title before December. The team is growing into the system and the second half showed that City can attack with high intensity.

The players are learning to play under the system and the City fans should give them chance to grow.

http://www.justcityzens.tk/2016/10/city-defenders-need-time-to-gel.html?m=0

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by justicejay(m): 7:54am On Oct 25, 2016
TheGoodJoe:
[size=14pt]City Defenders Need Time To Gel[/size]

It was another horrendous mistake when John Stones made a pass to Vincent Kompany who left his place before the pass.

Redmond of Southampton did not make any mistake when he chose to round Bravo and score. It was another error that caused City their chance to win a game after four matches without a win.

With John Stones hand dug deep into his hair, we can guess a million questions ran through his mind. It is frustrating with City gifting goals to the opposing teams but the defence was sharp in the last game.

Apart from the mistake from Kompany, the defence played well and coped with pressing of the Southampton forward players. Most of the misplaced passes came from the midfielders and Guardiola will sort it out.

Vincent Kompany was solid in defence. He made few passing errors but built-up play with some brilliant passes. Otamendi defended well and Stones made some tidy interceptions.

Kompany returned to the team after a long time out due to his reoccurring injuries. John Stones is a new player in the team and he did not know the mobile nature of Kompany's playing style. With time, such errors will not occur and the team will concede less goals.

Just like Kolarov's mistakes against Celtic and Tottenham Hotspur. Those occurred because he has not played under such intense pressure with Guardiola's system. That was the reason he made those mistakes. When he gets familiar with playing under such intensity, the errors will cut.

The English Premier League is a marathon and Guardiola did not expect the team to walk away with the title before December. The team is growing into the system and the second half showed that City can attack with high intensity.

The players are learning to play under the system and the City fans should give them chance to grow.

http://www.justcityzens.tk/2016/10/city-defenders-need-time-to-gel.html?m=0
We should still press further in getting bonucci, I think chelsea are in his race too.
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:11am On Oct 25, 2016
justicejay:

We should still press further in getting bonucci, I think chelsea are in his race too.

As much I am blown away by Bonucci's brilliance, I do not want him because of his age. Too old for our aging defence. I think we should find a younger option.

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:31pm On Oct 25, 2016
[size=14pt]Aguero Can Improve Under Guardiola[/size]

Aguero started this season well. He scored some brilliant goals and put up a memorable display against Steaua Bucharest.

Despite receiving a three match ban after he swung his elbow towards West Ham United’s Winston Reid, he still score 11 goals this season. It shows how important the Argentine striker is to Manchester City.

In recent games, Aguero did not look as sharp and dynamic as he was in other games. Guardiola dropped him from the starting line-up in the game against Everton and Barcelona.

Despite these, Aguero’s brilliant history with Manchester City makes him an asset to the team. He is a great player but if he sticks to the plan of Guardiola, we might see a better player.

In the game against Southampton, Kelechi Iheanacho came in an brought in freshness. The energetic play of the Nigerian international made the midfield of the City team fluid.

Iheanacho dropped deep with his back to the opponents post and helped in build-up plays. He also scored in his brilliant display and helped City draw the game.

City needs a more dynamic performance for Aguero and it requires Aguero to push himself to give the team more. We can not deny his devotion to the club but the Argentine striker must work hard to show a different dimension to his game.

He helps the team in build-up plays and makes wide runs to create space for the midfielders to press forward. City needs him to do this at a faster pace. He needs to increase playing intensity and he will make the team do better.

http://www.justcityzens.tk/2016/10/aguero-can-improve-under-guardiola.html?m=0

2 Likes

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by iPopAlomo(m): 9:29am On Oct 26, 2016
Who's hosting today's party...?!!!
****follows thread****

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by Nobody: 10:15pm On Oct 26, 2016
Lol.. Classic Mourinho and his cowardly tactics.. But it's okay, pep is flexible enough for him..

Score Mourinho first, do your changes later..

Once you lead Mourinho, you outplay him.. He hates that, then anger makes him take dumb decisions, that's how he loses...

Nevertheless, city looked less of the team they ought to be.. We require improvements..

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:49pm On Oct 26, 2016
[size=14pt]City's Success Is A Long Term Process[/size]

It was a tough loss because the players of Manchester City worked hard to win today. It was a game that showed how promising our young players are. Maffeo and Aleix Garcia were amazing. Aleix Garcia's movement and passes were close to poetry on the field.

Iheanacho worked hard but we paid for his early miss. After a typical Nacho movement of dropping deep and spreading the ball. He ran into the 18 yard box and the perfect cross came. He failed to bury it with his head and that was the best chance we had all night. It came too early.

City did not win but the players played well. We created chances and showed brilliance on the ball. There were some mind-blowing moves of Sane that had the fans applauding. Navas showed some brilliant touches that left many United players stunned.

City still have lots of room for improvement but the players showed where City is going. City heads to a point where we will play brilliantly, punish teams with brilliant intelligent play to open gaps and score.

City lacked sharpness in our passes around the opponents 18 yard box but it will come with time. It is a long-term plan. Not some cheap tactics to win a game.

City players worked hard until the end of the game. City played at a high intensity and made it difficult for Manchester United players to keep the ball. City exchanged passes and kept the ball under pressure. What was impressive was how hard they worked until the last whistle.

With time, City will become the kind of team that the City fans will watch walk into the pitch and win teams with brilliant performances.

http://www.justcityzens.tk/2016/10/city-success-is-long-term-process.html?m=0

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:09pm On Oct 26, 2016
[size=14pt]That Was An Unfair Way To Lose[/size]

The EFL Cup game against Manchester United started promising after Iheanacho missed an early chance to take the lead. He headed a nice cross wide. It seemed a day City was going to play brilliantly but City were not sharp enough in breaking down the compact defensive set-up of Jose Mourinho.

It later looked as if it was going to become a long night until the referee allowed two fouls against Otamendi and Fernando go unpunished. The result was Mata having a good chance to score and the little Spanish player scored the ball.

Even though City lost, that is not a way City should win. Fouling players and the referees watching is disgusting. That is why City players should listen and work with Guardiola. City does not need to resort to cheating and fouling to win games.

The result seems poor but the team looks better. This was one of our best performances today. City should draw strength from that because as long as the team keeps getting better, City will become a strong force.

The fans should not bother themselves about losing this way because it is a long-term process to get a team that will outplay their opponents.

City can feel sad this night but they will have lots of joyous games in the future. It was a brilliant show. Kompany was good. Made some faulty passes but this is due to his long layoff due to his injuries. Maffeo was one of the most impressive players this night. Definitely he was the target but the young man showed bravery. He worked hard and put an impressive performance against some respected players. He showed stamina throughout the game, running front and back with confidence.

City needs to keep working hard to improve their play and master the system Guardiola is teaching. With time, the good results will come.

http://www.justcityzens.tk/2016/10/that-was-unfair-way-to-lose.html?m=0
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by justicejay(m): 6:46am On Oct 27, 2016
It was same story.. Played brilliantly but refused to net. Well am not disappointed with the game. Cos man u played against our youth team.
I just don't understand why some people are angry that pep field a youth team in EFL cup which suppose to be meant to develop young players and this same set of people are one crying that city doesn't give youth players chances.
Anyway I was impressed with garica and maffeo. Infant pep can field maffeo against westbrom
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by justicejay(m): 7:28am On Oct 27, 2016
TheGoodJoe:
[size=14pt]That Was An Unfair Way To Lose[/size]

The EFL Cup game against Manchester United started promising after Iheanacho missed an early chance to take the lead. He headed a nice cross wide. It seemed a day City was going to play brilliantly but City were not sharp enough in breaking down the compact defensive set-up of Jose Mourinho.

It later looked as if it was going to become a long night until the referee allowed two fouls against Otamendi and Fernando go unpunished. The result was Mata having a good chance to score and the little Spanish player scored the ball.

Even though City lost, that is not a way City should win. Fouling players and the referees watching is disgusting. That is why City players should listen and work with Guardiola. City does not need to resort to cheating and fouling to win games.

The result seems poor but the team looks better. This was one of our best performances today. City should draw strength from that because as long as the team keeps getting better, City will become a strong force.

The fans should not bother themselves about losing this way because it is a long-term process to get a team that will outplay their opponents.

City can feel sad this night but they will have lots of joyous games in the future. It was a brilliant show. Kompany was good. Made some faulty passes but this is due to his long layoff due to his injuries. Maffeo was one of the most impressive players this night. Definitely he was the target but the young man showed bravery. He worked hard and put an impressive performance against some respected players. He showed stamina throughout the game, running front and back with confidence.

City needs to keep working hard to improve their play and master the system Guardiola is teaching. With time, the good results will come.

http://www.justcityzens.tk/2016/10/that-was-unfair-way-to-lose.html?m=0
I hate shifting blame to referee for a match loss, but mike dean was a real jerk yesterday night...man u made two fouls in the buildup to their goal. And that valencia foul was a red not yellow. Wth? Too high and didn't go for the ball. Mike dean also showed me yesterday dat you can get a yellow for slipping.. Nevertheless pep should work harder in our front line

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:59am On Oct 27, 2016
justicejay:

I hate shifting blame to referee for a match loss, but mike dean was a real jerk yesterday night...man u made two fouls in the buildup to their goal. And that valencia foul was a red not yellow. Wth? Too high and didn't go for the ball. Mike dean also showed me yesterday dat you can get a yellow for slipping.. Nevertheless pep should work harder in our front line

I agree. The team is close to becoming good. The front line needs to move the ball quicker and stay close. I have no doubt that Pep will fix it. Let us wait for the reinforcements of Gabriel and Moreno.
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:02am On Oct 27, 2016
justicejay:
It was same story.. Played brilliantly but refused to net. Well am not disappointed with the game. Cos man u played against our youth team.
I just don't understand why some people are angry that pep field a youth team in EFL cup which suppose to be meant to develop young players and this same set of people are one crying that city doesn't give youth players chances.
Anyway I was impressed with garica and maffeo. Infant pep can field maffeo against westbrom

There are too much games for our tedious style of play this season. I am okay with fielding the B team. Maffeo and Aleix made big statements yesterday. Maybe we have enough cover with our young lads. I hope Guardiola give more chances.

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by Nobody: 10:03am On Oct 27, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

I agree. The team is close to becoming good. The front line needs to move the ball quicker and stay close. I have no doubt that Pep will fix it. Let us wait for the reinforcements of Gabriel and Moreno.

Yoy know, I think pep has shown man city is just a team of average players..

I mean, the real superstars always have that finesse, that personal ability no one else has..

The attack needs that superstar that changes everything..

Look at Messi, all he needs to do is play the match and Barcelona wins well... When he doesn't play.. There's problems.. Not that his defensive duties are much.. But the influence of his consistency...

Man city needs a slice of that.. Pep would love that..
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by justicejay(m): 10:26am On Oct 27, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Yea I just can't wait for Gabriel to resume duty. I think pep is gonna play him wide instead of striker or what's your thought.

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:28am On Oct 27, 2016
justicejay:

Yea I just can't wait for Gabriel to resume duty. I think pep is gonna play him wide instead of striker or what's your thought.

I see him playing wide too. Although we will have a lot of rotations and formations this season. So we might find him play as a false 9 and a support striker.

2 Likes

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by landinfo: 6:48pm On Oct 27, 2016
Excuses everywhere!!!!!!

Pep is a fraud!!!!!

Well.cum 2 the epl, Pep!!!!!

Should Pep win the league, the excuse will be that Mancini & Pellegrini have done that!!!!!!!

Should he win the league the 2nd time, OH, he was brought to win the UCL so what is special about winning the league 2wice!!!!!!!

When he finally wins the UCL, Oh, he isn't ashamed, he is winning the UCL after spending almost 1billion pounds!!!!!!
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by justicejay(m): 5:41pm On Oct 29, 2016
Back to the topcheesy grin Another clean sheet kiss cool

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by justicejay(m): 5:44pm On Oct 29, 2016
Great game today.
Good confidence boost ahead of barca.

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by Nobody: 6:04pm On Oct 29, 2016
cheesyGreat game!

But I'm worried about kun.. He needs to start delivering in big matches..

Wonderful game!

Way to reply haters pep!

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by justicejay(m): 9:20pm On Oct 29, 2016
OBTSubtle:
cheesyGreat game!

But I'm worried about kun.. He needs to start delivering in big matches..

Wonderful game!

Way to reply haters pep!
Big matches like? He always deliver in big games too, talk of man u, chelsea his favorite, scored some couples of goals again bayern too. I think he gut needs to gell well to pep style.
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by Nobody: 9:34pm On Oct 29, 2016
justicejay:

Big matches like? He always deliver in big games too, talk of man u, chelsea his favorite, scored some couples of goals again bayern too. I think he gut needs to gell well to pep style.
Like the big guns...

But he did well..

His stats under pep is good enough, what more could you require as regards gell?

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by justicejay(m): 10:15pm On Oct 29, 2016
OBTSubtle:
Like the big guns...

But he did well..

His stats under pep is good enough, what more could you require as regards gell?
He has to start releasing pass for the best man in good position. He holds the ball real good and his dribbles skills is not bad. But you knw pep fancy pass.

2 Likes

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by taiocol: 12:21am On Oct 30, 2016
wink wink

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:05am On Oct 30, 2016
taiocol:
wink wink

Impressive.
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by justicejay(m): 10:54pm On Nov 01, 2016
What a game, what a performance. That's the best of my club have seen this season.. ctifd

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by justicejay(m): 11:00pm On Nov 01, 2016
What a good way to start a new month.

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by justicejay(m): 5:19am On Nov 04, 2016
Yaya toure orders seluk to apologize to pep.

Though seluk has spoiled our legend legacy but I hope they resolve this. Yaya deserves a
proper send off. It'll be a really sad end to his
great city career if he leaves without playing
again.

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:52am On Nov 04, 2016
justicejay:
Yaya toure orders seluk to apologize to pep.

Though seluk has spoiled our legend legacy but I hope they resolve this. Yaya deserves a
proper send off. It'll be a really sad end to his
great city career if he leaves without playing
again.

Thanks for the information. I hope Pep Guardiola repays Yaya Toure's loyalty to the Cityzens with some game time. Respect.

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by justicejay(m): 2:55pm On Nov 04, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Thanks for the information. I hope Pep Guardiola repays Yaya Toure's loyalty to the Cityzens with some game time. Respect.
Just few hours ago his agent has claimed he has nothing to apologize for.
The man is a fucking asshole
Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:45pm On Nov 04, 2016
justicejay:

Just few hours ago his agent has claimed he has nothing to apologize for.
The man is a fucking asshole

I read it. Seluk went from an angel to Yaya, to a devil. Yaya put out an apology but Seluk is still pulling our hero down.

Yaya might end his friendship with him. I still hope Guardiola plays him.

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:55pm On Nov 05, 2016
[size=14pt]City Deserved A Win Against Middlesbrough[/size]

Manchester City players started brilliantly in the game against Middlesbrough. They planned to continue the momentum after winning two games in brilliant styles. The first one was in a thrilling brilliant performance against West Brom followed by a historic performance against Barcelona. Defeating the Catalans in a brilliant fashion at the Etihad.

Despite playing brilliantly, City went through a difficult task breaking a resolute defending Middlesbrough. Aitor Karanka had a simple game plan, stop the City forward players from scoring.

We saw Silva, Gundogan and Fernandinho play some exquisite passes to break down the Middlesbrough defence but it was difficult. When City broke through, former Barcelona goalkeeper, Valdes proved a stumbling block for City.

It took Kevin De Bruyne to make one of the best passes we will see all season and a brilliant movement from Aguero to get the goal late in the first half.

Middlesbrough came out strong in the second half, caused City problems but it did not change how brilliantly City played. We saw a comfortable back four under pressure and Stones growing into the exceptional defender we expect him to become under Guardiola. Stones moved with the ball repeatedly to help build-up plays.

Despite City playing well, Aguero and Kevin De Bruyne squandered two great opportunities. Aguero missed a glorious chance created by the intelligent choice from the quick thinking winger Navas. Aguero failed to look up to pick the right angle and missed the top corner, shooting wide.

Kevin De Bruyne had a clear chance to score when Valdes spilled a header into the path of De Bruyne but the World Class City midfielder shot wide.

City paid for their missed opportunities when De Roon of Middlesbrough pounced on a wonderful cross and beat Claudio Bravo.

Despite City Not winning, it felt like a loss because City had all it took to win that game. With 25 shots City made in the game, we are to come out of games like this as winners.

City fans should keep in mind that we are getting to understand the system and we can see how good we can play. Guardiola will fix the conversion rate of the team and City will win lots of games playing this way.

What is important is we keep playing well and the good results will come. It takes patience to build a great side.

http://www.justcityzens.tk/2016/11/city-deserved-win-against-middlesbrough.html?m=0

1 Like

Re: Just Cityzens - Manchester City Thread by coded01: 5:47pm On Nov 19, 2016
Happy to watch yaya play his first game since ousted by Pep... Scored 2 goals... cheesy

Pep for hear am today... grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (29) (Reply)

Liverpool Vs Chelsea (2 - 0) On 14th April 2019 / The Best FIFA Awards: Revealed Who Ronaldo & Messi Voted For / Real Madrid Vs Chelsea UCL (2 - 0) On 12th April 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.