Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

Buhari Wants Emergency Powers To Fund ECA. Same ECA That Apc Took Gej To Court - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Wants Emergency Powers To Fund ECA. Same ECA That Apc Took Gej To Court (4879 Views)

Senators Reject Buhari’s Emergency Powers Bill, Say It’ll Turn Him Into A Tyrant / BREAKING NEWS: Buhari Seeks Emergency Powers To Tackle Economy / Iweala: My Mother Was Kidnapped Because I Advised GEJ To Remove Fuel Subsidy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Wants Emergency Powers To Fund ECA. Same ECA That Apc Took Gej To Court by amtalkin(f): 2:26pm On Aug 25, 2016
Pls Seun should provide delete button where you can delete your post.

I just rush to book space, now i don't know what to post embarassed
Re: Buhari Wants Emergency Powers To Fund ECA. Same ECA That Apc Took Gej To Court by obailala(m): 2:28pm On Aug 25, 2016
APCHaram:

Times are hard because I never thought Nigerians can be so stupid.

As for me and my family we have prepared long before May 29 for the inevitable.

Enjoy your famine.

Boy you are just another pained jonathanian who has refused to recover from election loss trauma... shift go one side abeg.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Wants Emergency Powers To Fund ECA. Same ECA That Apc Took Gej To Court by NOETHNICITY(m): 3:10pm On Aug 25, 2016
obailala:
Hahaha.. Very very lame attempt at passing blame for a monumental failure of leadership on the path of GEJ. Amaechi has suddenly become 36 governors, Amaechi spoke up and the remaining over 25 PDP governors were all deaf and dumb, Amaechi made unilateral decisions right?.... Amaechi also took OBJ to court right?... This same Amaechi also took Yaradua to court right?... So can you please tell us why GEJ was the only person who yielded?

Oh now you agree GEJ spent 51% of the funds on LANDMARK projects?.. So if you agree GEJ spent the money, which money was he intending to save?... Was he intending to save only the portion of the funds belonging to States while he squandered the remaining on ghost LANDMARK projects?

Abuja to Kaduna rail cost $874 million, that's roughly about N139 billion (at prevailing exchange rate of N160 to $1 at the time). Out of that $874m, the Chinese Exim bank supplied $500million while FG supplied $374million (~N60billion). May I also remind you that out of this N60 billion, Buhari's government even paid off about N17 billion being the final balance of the counterpart funds to get the project sealed and commissioned and Buhari's government is presently servicing the loan ($500m) to the Chinese. But you obviously don't think the present govt deserves even a tiny honour for that job. Now that isn't the case, the real case is, besides this N60billion Abuja to Kaduna rail, what are these landmark projects that gulped 51% (about $10billion) of the ECA funds which you claimed Amaechi made GEJ to spend?
OLADD ur attention is urgently needed here.
Re: Buhari Wants Emergency Powers To Fund ECA. Same ECA That Apc Took Gej To Court by seunmsg(m): 3:41pm On Aug 25, 2016
APCHaram:

Nonsense rubbish.

I posted on your useless APC wanting to restart the ECA that your useless wizards and witches forced GEJ to shut down.

Every other silly distraction you are posting remains invalid and not worth my time.

So please kindly take your cheap derailing and shove it

The excess crude account is still in operation and it was never shut down at any time since it was created by the OBJ administration. Some of you wailers seriously need to get yourself educated before opening threads to discourse what you know little or nothing about.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Wants Emergency Powers To Fund ECA. Same ECA That Apc Took Gej To Court by omoharry(f): 3:47pm On Aug 25, 2016
OkoNDOoBo:

Can u please share the link to supreme court judgement, and stop all this beer palour gist..?

After posting the link pls answer the remaining questions

2) If Apc governors forced GEJ to dip into ECA why can't
PDP
states reject and keep their share with FG.?

3) What did gej do with the 51% share fg collected

Thank youcheesygrin
He said you should visit google or have fingers been cut off.abi you dont know how to back up your comment with fact again.? una hunger never start..the change that you guys voted in just is still downloading..na to cue for food nai remain for una..make una no worry.seeeeeeeeeee baabaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..sei buhaaaaaaaaaaaaaari..hahahahaha grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Buhari Wants Emergency Powers To Fund ECA. Same ECA That Apc Took Gej To Court by wirinet(m): 3:48pm On Aug 25, 2016
CHIJIOKE1314:

It would have been easier and more convenient to disprove his points, don't you agree?

Instead of people to start spluttering saliva allover the place like convulsive patients..Just point out the parts that did nut add up and apply the correctional sledge hammer..but, No!
He has no point, he was just trying to justify the squandering of our oil boom by Jonathan. How can he say APC took GEJ to court, when APC was not even in existence until about two and a half years ago? He should provide evidence that APC or any other body took GEJ to court. The only president that I was aware that was actually taken to court by the governors forum was OBJ.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Wants Emergency Powers To Fund ECA. Same ECA That Apc Took Gej To Court by APCHaram: 3:52pm On Aug 25, 2016
seunmsg:

The excess crude account is still in operation and it was never shut down at any time since it was created by the OBJ administration. Some of you wailers seriously need to get yourself educated before opening threads to discourse what you know little or nothing about.

Excess Crude Account has been shut down and replaced with the Soverign Wealth Fund.

The current administration stated that the ECA had no legal backing since it was formed under a political arrangement by previous adminsitrations.

http://www.swfinstitute.org/swfs/excess-crude-account/

Who be the dunce now?
Re: Buhari Wants Emergency Powers To Fund ECA. Same ECA That Apc Took Gej To Court by wirinet(m): 4:05pm On Aug 25, 2016
APCHaram:

Excess Crude Account has been shut down and replaced with the Soverign Wealth Fund.

The current administration stated that the ECA had no legal backing since it was formed under a political arrangement by previous adminsitrations.

http://www.swfinstitute.org/swfs/excess-crude-account/

Who be the dunce now?
And the SWF have legal backing? The SWF is the same as the excess crude account, it is to save the money earned in excess of the oil bench mark. In fact the money remaining in the excess crude account was transferred to the Sovereign Wealth Fund.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Wants Emergency Powers To Fund ECA. Same ECA That Apc Took Gej To Court by OkoNDOoBo: 4:12pm On Aug 25, 2016
omoharry:
He said you should visit google or have fingers been cut off.abi you dont know how to back up your comment with fact again.? una hunger never start..the change that you guys voted in just is still downloading..na to cue for food nai remain for una..make una no worry.seeeeeeeeeee baabaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..sei buhaaaaaaaaaaaaaari..hahahahaha grin grin grin grin grin grin

u have been noticed

1 Like

Re: Buhari Wants Emergency Powers To Fund ECA. Same ECA That Apc Took Gej To Court by APCHaram: 4:12pm On Aug 25, 2016
wirinet:

And the SWF have legal backing? The SWF is the same as the excess crude account, it is to save the money earned in excess of the oil bench mark. In fact the money remaining in the excess crude account was transferred to the Sovereign Wealth Fund.

The SWF is not the same as the ECA as the funds in the SWF are routinely shared among the Federal, States and Local Govts unlike the ECA which was shored up by the FG.

Under the current arrangement, funds from the ECA which are now domiciled under the SWF are routinely disbursed to all three tiers.
Re: Buhari Wants Emergency Powers To Fund ECA. Same ECA That Apc Took Gej To Court by CHIJIOKE1314: 4:40pm On Aug 25, 2016
wirinet:

He has no point, he was just trying to justify the squandering of our oil boom by Jonathan. How can he say APC took GEJ to court, when APC was not even in existence until about two and a half years ago? He should provide evidence that APC or any other body took GEJ to court. The only president that I was aware that was actually taken to court by the governors forum was OBJ.

Let's leave at that because you weren't aware that Amechi lead faction of the governors forum fought tooth and nail to ensure Jonathan never saved...

They actually went to court but, later had to settle out of court..

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Wants Emergency Powers To Fund ECA. Same ECA That Apc Took Gej To Court by shaqhead: 5:37pm On Aug 25, 2016
CHIJIOKE1314:

Let's leave at that because you weren't aware that Amechi lead faction of the governors forum fought tooth and nail to ensure Jonathan never saved...

For the umpteenth time how did the 36 state govs become Amaechi-led faction? Why u trying to change factual narrative to suit your obvious prejudice:
Read: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/09/govs-drag-jonathan-to-court/
Re: Buhari Wants Emergency Powers To Fund ECA. Same ECA That Apc Took Gej To Court by yorhmienerd(m): 7:23pm On Aug 25, 2016
Speechless
Re: Buhari Wants Emergency Powers To Fund ECA. Same ECA That Apc Took Gej To Court by wirinet(m): 12:17am On Aug 26, 2016
CHIJIOKE1314:

Please provide evidence that the governors actually took the FG to court over saving money in the ECA/SWF.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Wants Emergency Powers To Fund ECA. Same ECA That Apc Took Gej To Court by wirinet(m): 12:26am On Aug 26, 2016
shaqhead:

For the umpteenth time how did the 36 state govs become Amaechi-led faction? Why u trying to change factual narrative to suit your obvious prejudice:
Read: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/09/govs-drag-jonathan-to-court/

This is what the link you pasted said;
THE thirty-six governors under the aegis of Nigeria Governors’ Forum, NGF, are poised for war with President Goodluck Jonathan and the Federal Government over what they described as excessive deductions from the excess crude account. It will be recalled that the governors have been having a running battle with the Federal Government over what they said was illegal deduction from the excess crude account jointly owned by both levels of government, just as both parties had opted for an out of court settlement on the matter early in the year. Rising from a meeting, Wednesday night, at the Rivers State governor’s Lodge, Asokoro, Abuja and expressing pain over the action of the federal government, the governors have resolved to drag the President to the Supreme Court to seek redress.

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/09/govs-drag-jonathan-to-court/

The report said the governors accuse Jonathan of stealing from the ECA and threatened to drag the FG to the supreme court, so I do not get where wailers got the story of Amaechi dragging Jonathan to court to stop him from saving from.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Wants Emergency Powers To Fund ECA. Same ECA That Apc Took Gej To Court by mikolo80: 4:03am On Aug 26, 2016
CHIJIOKE1314:

The same mumu will still go out today and get involved with daily activities of which the cost has trippled but, has refused to acknowledge his own pain..
What kind of human are these people seeff. .
name 1 good that has tripled in cost
Re: Buhari Wants Emergency Powers To Fund ECA. Same ECA That Apc Took Gej To Court by ivandragon: 6:10am On Aug 26, 2016
OkoNDOoBo:

Can u please share the link to supreme court judgement, and stop all this beer palour gist..?

After posting the link pls answer the remaining questions

PDP

3) What did gej do with the 51% share fg collected

Thank youcheesygrin

1. the 36 state governors at the time took the FG to the Supreme Court which 'advised' that the case should be settled out of court. it stated that it would only continue the case if an amicable settlement could not be reached.

however, it certainly didn't look good for the FG winning that case & if the out of court settlement did not happen, the governors would have also challenged the SWF investment.

2. from 1. above, all the governors were involved. besides, if it has been determined that money should be shared among the states, why should a state reject such monies?

3. the FG used part of its share of ECA to fund fuel subsidies (that's what they said). on handing over, it left well over $2b in the ECA.

please, am just responding as an interested party in the issue. I am not supporting or defending any one please.
Re: Buhari Wants Emergency Powers To Fund ECA. Same ECA That Apc Took Gej To Court by wirinet(m): 6:46am On Aug 26, 2016
ivandragon:

1. the 36 state governors at the time took the FG to the Supreme Court which 'advised' that the case should be settled out of court. it stated that it would only continue the case if an amicable settlement could not be reached.

however, it certainly didn't look good for the FG winning that case & if the out of court settlement did not happen, the governors would have also challenged the SWF investment.

2. from 1. above, all the governors were involved. besides, if it has been determined that money should be shared among the states, why should a state reject such monies?

3. the FG used part of its share of ECA to fund fuel subsidies (that's what they said). on handing over, it left well over $2b in the ECA.

please, am just responding as an interested party in the issue. I am not supporting or defending any one please.

You are indeed responding as an interested party, interested in defending the Jonathan administration with lies and half truths.
1. Why did the governors threaten to take the FG to Court? (I am still searching for the link that proves that the governors actually filed a case against the FG). Was it to stop the FG from saving into the ECA/SWF or to stop Jonathan from unilaterally dipping his hands into the funds?
2. That is what the 36 governors want to find out. Why was the FG obsessed with saving the money due to other tiers of government but not interested in saving any if its own share?
3.This is a white lie. The FG claimed to use the ECA and not only its share of the funds to fund the fraudulent subsidy regime.
You said Jonathan handed over $2 billion on handover, are you aware of how much should have accrued the ECA over the close to 4 years crude was selling at over 100/barrel? Budget bench mark never went above $70/ barrel and for long periods crude was over $110 , now calculate the difference at $39/day for production volume of 2.2 million barrels/ day for over 4 years. I have not even put into consideration that Jonathan inherited $6.5 billion from Yar adua from the ECA.
Re: Buhari Wants Emergency Powers To Fund ECA. Same ECA That Apc Took Gej To Court by ivandragon: 7:19am On Aug 26, 2016
wirinet:

You are indeed responding as an interested party, interested in defending the Jonathan administration with lies and half truths.
1. Why did the governors threaten to take the FG to Court? (I am still searching for the link that proves that the governors actually filed a case against the FG). Was it to stop the FG from saving into the ECA/SWF or to stop Jonathan from unilaterally dipping his hands into the funds?
2. That is what the 36 governors want to find out. Why was the FG obsessed with saving the money due to other tiers of government but not interested in saving any if its own share?
3.This is a white lie. The FG claimed to use the ECA and not only its share of the funds to fund the fraudulent subsidy regime.
You said Jonathan handed over $2 billion on handover, are you aware of how much should have accrued the ECA over the close to 4 years crude was selling at over 100/barrel? Budget bench mark never went above $70/ barrel and for long periods crude was over $110 , now calculate the difference at $39/day for production volume of 2.2 million barrels/ day for over 4 years. I have not even put into consideration that Jonathan inherited $6.5 billion from Yar adua from the ECA.

ahh...

lies & half truths...

so if it rubs you the wrong way, its a lie or half truth.

but if I had insulted GEJ to the high heavens & wholly supported your assertion(s), then the issues raised would have been the 'truth'?

like someone pointed out, google is your friend.

the ECA in 2010 about $4b.

by 2012, it had grown to over $9b & that's when the agitations became worse.

however, I do realise that lies, half truths & distortions left over time does begin to sound true to those who choose not to research.

that's how people said subsidy was a fraud.

a few days ago, the govt said it had saved over N2t in oil subsidy payments in less than a year... this is with oil at less than $50 pb.

yet it was called a fraud when oil was $100 pb & fuel less than N100.

that's how it was claimed that over N5t was spent for independence day celebrations (that was the 'truth' for you), only to find out it was less than N1b in 5 years (which would be a 'lie' for you).

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Wants Emergency Powers To Fund ECA. Same ECA That Apc Took Gej To Court by shaqhead: 11:50am On Aug 26, 2016
wirinet:

This is what the link you pasted said;

The report said the governors accuse Jonathan of stealing from the ECA and threatened to drag the FG to the supreme court, so I do not get where wailers got the story of Amaechi dragging Jonathan to court to stop him from saving from.
I tire for all this clowns...even when cold hard facts stares them in the face, they still wont stop spewing gibberish!
Re: Buhari Wants Emergency Powers To Fund ECA. Same ECA That Apc Took Gej To Court by Pidggin(f): 12:12pm On Aug 26, 2016
OkoNDOoBo:

I won't stop mentioning you until u grow a brain and answer my question since u re the chief justice that precided in the case that says ECA should be shared among states.

The questions re still waiting for you.

1)How many APC governors do we in Nigeria then that overturn the voice of PDP governors.?

PDP

3) What did gej do with the 51% share fg collected.

You re still a learner in propaganda go back and complete ur studiesgringrin

I am sure you will say you went to school but take a look at your questions, is this what a learned person should be asking?

How much were you exchanging the dollar under GEJ

How much were you buying fuel, kerosene and diesel?

How much were you buying items in the market or shops then and now?

Una suppose get brain but to use am don become crime now abi? Sentiments aside let's learn to reason objectively

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Wants Emergency Powers To Fund ECA. Same ECA That Apc Took Gej To Court by OkoNDOoBo: 12:15pm On Aug 26, 2016
Pidggin:

I am sure you will say you went to school but take a look at your questions, is this what a learned person should be asking?

How much were you exchanging the dollar under GEJ

How much were you buying fuel, kerosene and diesel?

How much were you buying items in the market or shops then and now?

Una suppose get brain but to use am don become crime now abi? Sentiments aside let's learn to reason objectively

Now tell me the Economy situation under GEJ and Bubu if it is the same..?
Re: Buhari Wants Emergency Powers To Fund ECA. Same ECA That Apc Took Gej To Court by Pidggin(f): 12:17pm On Aug 26, 2016
mikolo80:
name 1 good that has tripled in cost

Bag of Rice was N7000 then, N20,000 now. How come you don't know this?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Wants Emergency Powers To Fund ECA. Same ECA That Apc Took Gej To Court by Pidggin(f): 12:25pm On Aug 26, 2016
OkoNDOoBo:

Now tell me the Economy situation under GEJ and Bubu if it is the same..?

Budget benchmark for oil was $38/barrel, through out the year oil has sold higher than that, even reaching $50/barrel, was it Jonathan that asked Buhari to engage the millitants in combat or was it Buhari who decided to bully them instead of dialogue?

Is it GEJ that is asking Buhari to spend billions exploring oil in the North instead of putting that money into the economy. Mind you a British firm won the contract grin

What efforts has your master made towards diversifying?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Wants Emergency Powers To Fund ECA. Same ECA That Apc Took Gej To Court by OkoNDOoBo: 1:32pm On Aug 26, 2016
Pidggin:

Budget benchmark for oil was $38/barrel, through out the year oil has sold higher than that, even reaching $50/barrel, was it Jonathan that asked Buhari to engage the millitants in combat or was it Buhari who decided to bully them instead of dialogue?

Is it GEJ that is asking Buhari to spend billions exploring oil in the North instead of putting that money into the economy. Mind you a British firm won the contract grin

What efforts has your master made towards diversifying?

Did oil explorations in north started with this present adminstration.?one thing with exploration is you don't start and stop half way u need to intensify for it. To yield result.

FG re alway ready to dialogue but Avengers re not Ready.
Do u want govt to pet them after destroying her properties for useless reasons.

Agriculture diversification is already showings signs of yielding result, economy diversification cannot be achieved within short Period.

One of the major problem is the undue stress of importations on Nigeria's forex, which will Go along Way to reduce.
Nigeria foreign reserve is too low to fight economy recession thanks to jonathan and his looting gangs.
Economy diversification will go along way to be achieved.
Re: Buhari Wants Emergency Powers To Fund ECA. Same ECA That Apc Took Gej To Court by OkoNDOoBo: 1:33pm On Aug 26, 2016
Pidggin:

What part of country did u buy bag of rice at 7000 in 2015 remember buhari took over may 30
Re: Buhari Wants Emergency Powers To Fund ECA. Same ECA That Apc Took Gej To Court by OkoNDOoBo: 1:47pm On Aug 26, 2016
Pidggin:

Lia mohammed studentgrin

Gej hand over power to buhari on may 30 2015

And price of rice is on ready between 13 to 15k as at february 2015 depending on the grade Of rice you want to buy
www.nigeriatradehub.gov.ng/News/tabid/98/entryid/111/rice-scarcity-imminent-as-importation-drops.aspx

This ur Lie can uproot a dead corspse from gravegringringrin
Re: Buhari Wants Emergency Powers To Fund ECA. Same ECA That Apc Took Gej To Court by tuniski: 1:58pm On Aug 26, 2016
obailala:
Another wailing thread devoid of common sense... A non-existent APC made up 36 governors as at 2010 I believe. In fact the same non-existent APC also took OBJ to court as far back as 2005/2006, they also took Yaradua to court in 2007/2008 and within months of GEJ getting to power in 2010, GEJ instantly started dipping his hands into the ECA and sharing the cash for his 2011 election. After distributing 49% of the total ECA cash, the same APC guys also charmed GEJ into swallowing the over 51% which was FG's share. Wonderful logic from wailing twerps! ... and these are the bunkums that accuse APC of passing only blames.
Apc connote opposition parties. They only adopted the nomenclature apc in 2013 but, have been there since 1999 as opposition!
Re: Buhari Wants Emergency Powers To Fund ECA. Same ECA That Apc Took Gej To Court by 9jatriot(m): 2:06pm On Aug 26, 2016
List of governors and their party as at 29th May, 2011. Kindly show us the total APC governors that force IB's hand to share money.
As of 28 May 2011, the breakdown of Nigerian state governors by party in 36 states was:

ACN (Action Congress of Nigeria)--------- 6

ANPP (All Nigeria People's Party) ----------3

APGA (All Progressives Grand Alliance)----2

CPC (Congress for Progressive Change)---1

LP (Labour Party)-----------------------------1

PDP (People's Democratic Party)------------23

KEY: STATE, GOVERNOR, PARTY, DATE ELECTED, INFO.
——–
Abia State - Theodore Orji - PDP
26 April 2011, Re-elected

Adamawa State -
Murtala Nyako - PDP
29 April 2008
Elected after April 2007 election was nullified

Akwa Ibom State - Godswill Akpabio -
PDP
26 April 2011, Reelected

Anambra State - Peter Obi - APGA, 6 February 2010 Second term

Bauchi State
Isa Yuguda - PDP
28 April 2011, Reelected

Bayelsa State
Henry Seriake Dickson - PDP
24 May 2012, Newly Elected

Benue State - Gabriel Suswam - PDP
26 April 2011, Reelected

Borno State -
Kashim Shettima - ANPP
26 April 2011, First term

Cross River State - Liyel Imoke - PDP
23 August 2008, Reelected after nullification of April 2007 election

Delta State -
Emmanuel Uduaghan - PDP
26 April 2011, Reelected

Ebonyi State
Martin Elechi - PDP
26 April 2011, Reelected

Edo State - Adams Oshiomhole - ACN
12 November 2008, Assumed office after winning appeal of April 2007 election and was re-elected in 2012[/b]

Ekiti State - Kayode Fayemi - ACN
15 October 2010, Assumed office after winning appeal of April 2007 election

Enugu State - Sullivan Chime - PDP
26 April 2011, Reelected

Gombe State - Ibrahim Hassan Dankwambo - PDP

Imo State - Rochas Okorocha - APGA
6 May 2011, First term

Jigawa State - Sule Lamido - PDP
26 April 2011, Reelected

Kaduna State - Patrick Ibrahim Yakowa-PDP
26 April 2011
Incumbent, appointed governor on 20 May 2010 when Namadi
Sambo became Vice President

Kano State - Rabiu Kwankwaso - PDP
26 April 2011, Reelected

Katsina State - Ibrahim Shema - PDP
28 April 2011 Reelected

Kebbi State - Usman Saidu Nasamu Dakingari - PDP
26 April 2011
Reelected

Kogi State - Ibrahim Idris - PDP
29 March 2008
Elected after April 2007 election declared invalid

Kwara State - Abdulfatah Ahmed - PDP
26 April 2011
First term

Lagos State - Babatunde Fashola - ACN
26 April 2011
Reelected

Nasarawa State - Umaru Tanko Al-Makura - CPC
26 April 2011,First term

Niger State - Mu’azu Babangida Aliyu - PDP
26 April 2011, Reelected

Ogun State - Ibikunle Amosun - ACN

Ondo State - Olusegun Mimiko - LP
24 February 2009, Assumed office after election of Olusegun Agagu was nullified

Osun State -
Rauf Aregbesola - ACN
26 November 2010, Assumed office after election of Olagunsoye Oyinlola was nullified

Oyo State -
Isiaka Abiola Ajimobi - ACN

Plateau State - Jonah Jang - PDP
26 April 2011, Reelected

Rivers State - Rotimi Amaechi - PDP
26 April 2011, Reelected

Sokoto State - Aliyu Magatakarda Wamakko - PDP
28 May 2008, Reelected after April 2007 election annulled

Taraba State - Danbaba Suntai - PDP
26 April 2011, Relected

Yobe State - Ibrahim Geidam - ANPP
26 April 2011, Reelected

Zamfara State - Abdul’aziz Abubakar Yari - ANPP
https://www.nairaland.com/1063411/list-nigerias-current-state-governors
APCHaram:
The APC is fond of changing the goal post to suit them.

They relied on lies, shameless slander and cheap propaganda to degenerate the past administration only for them to start throwing people in jail who dare criticize their tin god Buhari.

The same APC touts that were dancing n@ked in public over the proposed lifting of fuel subsidies back in 2012 are the ones' celebrating Buhari's unprecedented hike in petrol price even though "technically there is still a subsidy regime.

Their latest nonsense now is defending Buhari's craving for emergency powers to fix the economy.

One of their demands is for the re-opening of the controversial Excess Crude Account, ECA. This is the same ECA the APC governors successfully won a court case challenging the constitutionality of the GEJ led Federal Govt operating.

The closure of the ECA account saw to about 49% of savings disbursed to various state govts.

But today, all we hear is that GEJ did not save ignoring the $30Bn that was left in our foreign reserves as at May 29, 2015.

Now the same change mouth zombies are defending Buhari's need to re-open the ECA.

How useless are these zombies and their foolish APC masters?
Re: Buhari Wants Emergency Powers To Fund ECA. Same ECA That Apc Took Gej To Court by obailala(m): 2:17pm On Aug 26, 2016
tuniski:

Apc connote opposition parties. They only adopted the nomenclature apc in 2013 but, have been there since 1999 as opposition!
At the time in question, out of the 36 governors, how many were opposition?... Did one or two opposition governors act unilaterally?.... Did the so called opposition not also pressure and take OBJ to court to share these same funds?... Did the so called opposition not also pressure and take Yaradua to court to share these same funds?... How come only GEJ willingly broke the vault?....

Meanwhile one of the accusations of the governors at the time was that GEJ was illegally pilfering into the funds which he refused to share and I wonder whether that sounds like someone who even cared about saving. Finally, after GEJ eventually broke the vault and handed out 49% of the funds (which belonged to the states anyway), why could the FG not save its over 51%?... Did the governors also force or use voodoo on the FG to squander its own giant share of the fund on untraceable projects?

I'm surprised we still have people trying to argue over this issue; I would be so glad if one person can answer just a single one of the questions I've asked above.
Re: Buhari Wants Emergency Powers To Fund ECA. Same ECA That Apc Took Gej To Court by tuniski: 5:21pm On Aug 26, 2016
obailala:
At the time in question, out of the 36 governors, how many were opposition?... Did one or two opposition governors act unilaterally?.... Did the so called opposition not also pressure and take OBJ to court to share these same funds?... Did the so called opposition not also pressure and take Yaradua to court to share these same funds?... How come only GEJ willingly broke the vault?....

Meanwhile one of the accusations of the governors at the time was that GEJ was illegally pilfering into the funds which he refused to share and I wonder whether that sounds like someone who even cared about saving. Finally, after GEJ eventually broke the vault and handed out 49% of the funds (which belonged to the states anyway), why could the FG not save its over 51%?... Did the governors also force or use voodoo on the FG to squander its own giant share of the fund on untraceable projects?

I'm surprised we still have people trying to argue over this issue; I would be so glad if one person can answer just a single one of the questions I've asked above.
That answers it. All the remaining epistle about why didn't FG saved from it 51% is watery.
Save what nau? Sometimes we just like taking logic and economics/finance upside down. The recession today is for lack. Of saving but, absence of leadership.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

congratulations to our elected governor...mr fayemi / SDP's Adewole Adebayo Sends "Message Of Hope" To Nigerians On Independence / Ogun Considers Special Court To Try Cultists, Mulls Amnesty Programme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.