Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,328 members, 7,819,125 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:39 AM

Guys: Do You Monitor Your Girlfriend's Appearance? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Guys: Do You Monitor Your Girlfriend's Appearance? (5840 Views)

8 Things Guys Do That Make Ladies To Loose Respect For Them / Irritating Things Nigerian Guys Do That Turn Ladies Off / Is It Right To "Monitor" Your Partner? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guys: Do You Monitor Your Girlfriend's Appearance? by africhika(f): 3:41pm On Oct 01, 2009
crazyman, ur reasoning makes sense.

quote by igwe:
if i like you   kiss and asked for some undesirable qualities in you be changed as you would have done if you were in my shoes, and you argued about it, Nne, i'm out.

well. . . . . when u put it that way, it doesn't seem so bad, i guess.

the sensibilities of the igbo man. hahaha!
Re: Guys: Do You Monitor Your Girlfriend's Appearance? by yme1(f): 3:42pm On Oct 01, 2009
Igwe.:

This topic is not meant for people like you, because why '' I trust u to the core'', lol

How body now?
kiss smiley
i second that jare grin
am cool and what about you sweety? kiss kiss
Re: Guys: Do You Monitor Your Girlfriend's Appearance? by HohDee(m): 3:43pm On Oct 01, 2009
y me:

tell me how to dress ko, tell me how to dress ni cheesy

it all depends on trust tho undecided

thxs baby, wen i man cant trust a gurl, it lead to jealousy, wen a man start bin
jealous, it simply calld INSECURITY, girrit nw Mr Igwe? grin
Re: Guys: Do You Monitor Your Girlfriend's Appearance? by Igwe9(m): 3:44pm On Oct 01, 2009
Hoh-Dee:

A man start talkin abt DECENCY wen ready to settle down, sum1
presentable to take to mama & papa, i can sense settling down in ya post, cheesy cheesy
Best of luck man, lol kiss kiss

This settles all ,especially when one has got all you wanted but left out one thing and this one thing could be worked on.
y me:

i second that jare grin
am cool and what about you sweety? kiss kiss
I'm cool honey!
kiss
Re: Guys: Do You Monitor Your Girlfriend's Appearance? by HohDee(m): 3:45pm On Oct 01, 2009
CrazyMan:

@Africhika.
I won't approach a girl that dresses indecently so the issue of how she has been dressing before we met is totally out of the question.

The only reason that might just make me take my chances is if the girl is quite attractive and I just feel like succumbing to the temptations of the flesh; but trust me, that relationship would be nothing but a mere fling.

i lik dis dude, straight up (thts wuts up)
Re: Guys: Do You Monitor Your Girlfriend's Appearance? by iice(f): 3:46pm On Oct 01, 2009
Igwe.:

Don't huh me, you heard me right, if i like you  kiss and asked for some undesirable qualities in you be changed as you would have done if you were in my shoes, and you argued about it, Nne, i'm out.

You prolly have me confused with other people cool
I don't ask anyone to change any undesirable qualities.  .  .that defeats the idea of the person being himself (in my view).

But you are right about being out.  .  .just as a man who tries to dress me will see my dust grin

I thank God for my brothers and my man kiss kiss grin grin
Re: Guys: Do You Monitor Your Girlfriend's Appearance? by yme1(f): 3:48pm On Oct 01, 2009
iice:

You prolly have me confused with other people cool
I don't ask anyone to change any undesirable qualities.  .  .that defeats the idea of the person being himself (in my view).

But you are right about being out.  .  .just as a man who tries to dress me will see my dust grin

I thank God for my brothers and my man kiss kiss grin grin

and my dad too kiss kiss grin
Re: Guys: Do You Monitor Your Girlfriend's Appearance? by iice(f): 3:51pm On Oct 01, 2009
y me:

and my dad too kiss kiss grin

Daddy no get choice ooo. I'm his lil baby kiss grin
Re: Guys: Do You Monitor Your Girlfriend's Appearance? by Nobody: 3:54pm On Oct 01, 2009
I support d guy 100%.U must protect what u av.Even if shes an exprostitute must he allow  her to return to source if he truly luvs her? Me i can prevent my girl from what i dont like
Re: Guys: Do You Monitor Your Girlfriend's Appearance? by yme1(f): 3:55pm On Oct 01, 2009
iice:

Daddy no get choice ooo. I'm his lil baby kiss grin
exactly grin
Re: Guys: Do You Monitor Your Girlfriend's Appearance? by africhika(f): 3:55pm On Oct 01, 2009
man, i wish i would meet a guy who tried to change me!   angry
i'm not saying i'm not open to self-improvement, but u know what i mean.
u can't just change someone to fit your   needs/standard.

it's crazy how some girls just CHANGE after the get into relationship. u never see them again at hair salon or in the mall. they don't hang out with friends.
Re: Guys: Do You Monitor Your Girlfriend's Appearance? by Igwe9(m): 3:58pm On Oct 01, 2009
you girls are right to some extent,  and that's the reason why i'd belief that it's easier to influence a man's character by a woman than that of a woman by a man.
No wonder guys dumb them more often than they do to guys.

The next case, could it be a broken hearted''
grin
Re: Guys: Do You Monitor Your Girlfriend's Appearance? by iice(f): 4:02pm On Oct 01, 2009
africhika:

man, i wish i would meet a guy who tried to change me!     angry
i'm not saying i'm not open to self-improvement, but u know what i mean.
u can't just change someone to fit your   needs/standard.

LOL i encounter them every week since i was little.
I still have the occasional battles when i venture into the company of humans grin

africhika:

it's crazy how some girls just CHANGE after the get into relationship. u never see them again at hair salon or in the mall. they don't hang out with friends.

Gurl, i laff everytime ooo.  But hey if that's how they want to go about it, they are free to.  
Re: Guys: Do You Monitor Your Girlfriend's Appearance? by Spyker: 4:12pm On Oct 01, 2009
I wonder why we copy negative habits fast and try to make it normal. Africans naturally cover their bodies especially the ladies. I remember in the early 1990s, ladies who wore trousers were insulted and harassed by men, but now it is a normal thing. Dressing sexy does not mean you should dress indecent. What the guy(s) want is to dress sexy but not provocative. Imagine a girl exposing her breasts and pants in the name of fashion! sad  sad  sad

It is only a man who values a woman that wants her to change her kind of dressing, so i am support of the guy who monitors how his girl dress irrespective of where he met her (whether na club, ashawo house, party or church).
Ladies in the house, take note of this. Only a man who values you would want you to appear descent. If he allows you to dress indescent, he only cares for himself (not even his image or name) alone and that is not a sign for a man who wants to put a ring in your hand.
Re: Guys: Do You Monitor Your Girlfriend's Appearance? by iice(f): 4:16pm On Oct 01, 2009
Story. . .

I repeat, i thank God for my brothers and man and popsi grin grin
Re: Guys: Do You Monitor Your Girlfriend's Appearance? by toosoon(m): 4:44pm On Oct 01, 2009
It depends on the occasion,
Re: Guys: Do You Monitor Your Girlfriend's Appearance? by Atreus(f): 4:49pm On Oct 01, 2009
I can definitely suggest/insist on a change in her dressing. I have a right to tell her;"this isn't decent. Take it off,and don't wear it outside the house". But in the case the op related,2 weeks is way too soon to start making objectioms.
Re: Guys: Do You Monitor Your Girlfriend's Appearance? by Nobody: 5:04pm On Oct 01, 2009
^^^^^^
Lord have mercy and you havnt even put a ring on it yet? God help your wife o! embarassed
Re: Guys: Do You Monitor Your Girlfriend's Appearance? by jaybee3(m): 5:07pm On Oct 01, 2009
what's the point, if you are thrutful it's all probs, if u lie kasala go bust. no win situation so i just play it smart at all times
Re: Guys: Do You Monitor Your Girlfriend's Appearance? by ucnduka(f): 5:14pm On Oct 01, 2009
I don't support indecent dressing but for a guy to make such a demand two weeks into a relationship is ridiculous that means in two months the babe fit become 'mgbeke'. @spyked,africans are not known to cover up themselves according to history infact have you not heard of Koma village if you want to support decent dressing do not bring up that line instead just thank God for religion and civilization.
Re: Guys: Do You Monitor Your Girlfriend's Appearance? by denony(m): 5:20pm On Oct 01, 2009
Yes, my gurl can't dress rubbish while going out with me
she could do that when she is going out on her own,
but once i call her she will dress normal, i mean normal,

not that she will not dress well, but respnsibly.
I love to see her dress well and neat, but not all open body
and rubish like that, she always ran away when she put on useless
dress and i came uninformed, though i have dated her for 4-5 years now.
Re: Guys: Do You Monitor Your Girlfriend's Appearance? by denony(m): 5:22pm On Oct 01, 2009
@ Ebonyeyes
So it's only when a ring is put in
that u have to head to his advice?
Re: Guys: Do You Monitor Your Girlfriend's Appearance? by Anabel(f): 5:34pm On Oct 01, 2009
since the minute i met my fiancee he has always want me to look good, if we want to go out and my dressing is not too sexy, he pick a more sexy one for me, whenever i ask why, he tells me he love people admiring his wife. how about that.
i only clubbed 4 times since i was born but plan on having more with him dis Xmas

@nc nduka, its not about indecent but looking good in whatever you wear
Re: Guys: Do You Monitor Your Girlfriend's Appearance? by Nobody: 5:35pm On Oct 01, 2009
denony:

@ Ebonyeyes
So it's only when a ring is put in
that u have to head to his advice?
Not really  undecided But when a man is controlling and possessive this early Lawd knows what Marriage would be like cry lipsrsealedHELL ON EARTH
Re: Guys: Do You Monitor Your Girlfriend's Appearance? by mrperfect(m): 6:05pm On Oct 01, 2009
Depends on the girl involve
Re: Guys: Do You Monitor Your Girlfriend's Appearance? by bewat: 7:32pm On Oct 01, 2009
To me dressing has nothing to do with her manner,its the of level of her exposure that wiil determine her dresscode,i blv most lady dat dress moderate suffer alot b4 getting husband in life why the other dat dress anyhow easily end up with responsible guy,in nutshell exposure will determine her dresscode if you as a guy cannot cope you drop her and search for your dressmate,
Re: Guys: Do You Monitor Your Girlfriend's Appearance? by iammodel(m): 9:09pm On Oct 01, 2009
@ topic
the guy is being stupid. talking about being sexy, the only thing to avoid is letting ur girl wear clothes that can reveal her sensitive parts vividly. i like hot sexy girls. if the girl was dressing like an old woman would he had approached her in the club.
girls love freedom. so i'll let em have it but not totally.
Re: Guys: Do You Monitor Your Girlfriend's Appearance? by Nobody: 9:22pm On Oct 01, 2009
A vast majority of men that control their girlfriends appearance suffer from deep-seated inferiority complex (insecurity). Most turn out to be spouse/girlfriend beaters.
Re: Guys: Do You Monitor Your Girlfriend's Appearance? by Outstrip(f): 9:31pm On Oct 01, 2009
It's the opposite for me. I pretty much decide what my husband wears. As for boyfriends unless he was mad then he would say something
Re: Guys: Do You Monitor Your Girlfriend's Appearance? by Sonye(f): 10:41pm On Oct 01, 2009
the guy must then be insecure, overprotective and does not deserve any beautiful girl on this planet. He should go and date a hard core deeper life girl. With that, he may be satisfied

mchewwww!!! angry
Re: Guys: Do You Monitor Your Girlfriend's Appearance? by africhika(f): 10:43pm On Oct 01, 2009
   quote by outstrip:
« #60 on: Today at 03:31:46 PM »

It's the opposite for me. I pretty much decide what my husband wears.

how cute!  grin
my mom does the same.
Re: Guys: Do You Monitor Your Girlfriend's Appearance? by Secretz(f): 10:45pm On Oct 01, 2009
Even if man put ring for my finger sef, does that then give him right to tell me how to dress? f*** OFF!

However, there are some men, who RECOMMEND that their girl doesn't wear certain items of clothing to a club because of the impression it may give of her to others, having nothing to do with insecurity, or jealousy. . . which I totally get.  grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ladies, Can You Accept This $150,000 Handbag From Your Guy? / 3 Major Areas Where Slim Guys Are Underrated / She Said Nobody Will Date Me because Am Ugly, Please Be The Judge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.