Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,507 members, 7,830,520 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

Deposit Target: Nigerian Bankers’ Nightmare - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Deposit Target: Nigerian Bankers’ Nightmare (15523 Views)

How Much Do Bankers Earn In Nigeria? / Nine Things Nigerian Bankers Hate About Their Jobs / Bankers To Be Sacked For Introducing Customers To MMM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deposit Target: Nigerian Bankers’ Nightmare by kaen1317: 8:29am On Aug 27, 2016
Bankers are exploited and given unrealistic targets in this harsh economy

1 Like

Re: Deposit Target: Nigerian Bankers’ Nightmare by Nobody: 8:29am On Aug 27, 2016
Coldfaya:
rat race. your efforts is always not good enough

Honestly, the whole thing is just madness.

1 Like

Re: Deposit Target: Nigerian Bankers’ Nightmare by pretty16(f): 8:29am On Aug 27, 2016
Banking Job is overrated. Those peeps are suffering. Some of my customers always lament, and wish they were in business like me. It's in the 80's and early 90's banking job was sweet. Not anymore.

5 Likes

Re: Deposit Target: Nigerian Bankers’ Nightmare by DeRay98(m): 8:31am On Aug 27, 2016
If our banks will support and help businesses grow, their deposit targets will be easier to accomplish but no, they want ready-made money from where they have not and ,will not sow in...
No more FG govt money from politicians through seductive ambitious Bank " Big girls" .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deposit Target: Nigerian Bankers’ Nightmare by Nobody: 8:32am On Aug 27, 2016
"I became so desperate at a time that I approached my pastor for him to move the entire church account to our branch. The man told me at the end of my presentation to him that if not for the fact that he had known me for a while, he would have called the police on me because I sounded too desperate and could play pranks with their money even if they decided to patronise us. The shame didn’t make me attend church for two weeks."
Hilarious!

5 Likes

Re: Deposit Target: Nigerian Bankers’ Nightmare by Bgorgeous: 8:34am On Aug 27, 2016
But this thing has been going on for a while now and nothing has happened to the banks which is not a surprise in Naija. Homes are broken, young boys and girls are used as bait for sex to get money for their banks , HIV is spreading, dignity folding etc

1 Like

Re: Deposit Target: Nigerian Bankers’ Nightmare by AndyAustin(m): 8:34am On Aug 27, 2016
Does this explain why I'm yet to receive alert?? Why my bank keep sending me irrelevant info and why the frustrating queue in banks and ATMs?No...I don't think so. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Deposit Target: Nigerian Bankers’ Nightmare by yoaking: 8:35am On Aug 27, 2016
I remember how a bad loan account was coded to me upon transfer from another branch.I went on suspension even bfor I knew what was happening.

HR started harassing me. I fired a salvo to the Head of HR that the two times I entered her offc her FB page was open.she too needs to market.

Heads rolled.once you dont meet up,u become like an enemy with a virus.

3 Likes

Re: Deposit Target: Nigerian Bankers’ Nightmare by deenee: 8:36am On Aug 27, 2016
I don't understand this biased thread against banks.

The same way FMCGS have sales targets so also banks have deposit targets. I don't think it's fair to just label Nigerian banks as evil corporations. Do you expect people to be paid without a commensurate input to justify their pay?

Banks have a responsibility to their shareholders and also need to meet up with investors' expectations.

Pls we need to stop been biased and nobody is forcing anyone to work in a bank. We all want banks to post good profits but don't want them to set targets on how to make these profits

There are other jobs or alternatively be an employer of labour and see if it is easy.

For the record Olisa didn't kill himself because of a bad loan. He got himself missed up in some shady transactions that back fired.

God bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Deposit Target: Nigerian Bankers’ Nightmare by Nobody: 8:36am On Aug 27, 2016
Say No to slavery in this modern day. Bank job na slavery jobs
Re: Deposit Target: Nigerian Bankers’ Nightmare by masciv: 8:39am On Aug 27, 2016
Cousin who is a banker lives like a slave.Goes to work as early as 6am and comes back by 9,10. Earliest she was back was around 8:30. Works Monday-Friday and many times on Saturdays too. Has nothing doing other than banks. Is so lazy and barely does anything else at home cos she always too tired. One day I saw her coming back from work and I was like... Did they beat this girl to stupor or is she just waking up from coma. She wore such a forlorn face I've seen only from people at the IDP camps and other war torn areas. I had to tell her to her face one day...I can never marry someone like you. If I was already engaged and you took up a job like this, I'll break immediately. I don't know if all bankers live like this but jeez she lives like a slave... Only a modern slave you could say.

2 Likes

Re: Deposit Target: Nigerian Bankers’ Nightmare by martineinstein(m): 8:45am On Aug 27, 2016
deenee:
I don't understand this biased thread against banks.

The same way FMCGS have sales targets so also banks have deposit targets. I don't think it's fair to just label Nigerian banks as evil corporations. Do you expect people to be paid without a commensurate input to justify their pay?

Banks have a responsibility to their shareholders and also need to meet up with investors' expectations.

Pls we need to stop been biased and nobody is forcing anyone to work in a bank. We all want banks to post good profits but don't want them to set targets on how to make these profits

There are other jobs or alternatively be an employer of labour and see if it is easy.

For the record Olisa didn't kill himself because of a bad loan. He got himself missed up in some shady transactions that back fired.

God bless Nigeria
liar! U must be one of those pressurising their workers to do such.

7 Likes

Re: Deposit Target: Nigerian Bankers’ Nightmare by AreaFada2: 8:48am On Aug 27, 2016
Very sad
Re: Deposit Target: Nigerian Bankers’ Nightmare by Nobody: 8:49am On Aug 27, 2016
Nigerian bankers don cast!
Re: Deposit Target: Nigerian Bankers’ Nightmare by tomakint: 8:49am On Aug 27, 2016
Ishilove:
My friend was lamenting yesterday how she works Monday to Saturday, and on public holidays. She also overpaid a customer by 5k, but that 5k is like 500k because her salary is 75k, and by the time she removes logistics and other expenses, the money is gone.

Way back in school I had the opportunity to work with Stanbic but I jumped and passed. A decision I have never regretted.

Banking in Nigeria is akin to slavery.
God bless you for this tactful observations however I am of the belief that almost 95% of Nigeria's private companies are Modern Daycare Slavery School

5 Likes

Re: Deposit Target: Nigerian Bankers’ Nightmare by Nobody: 8:51am On Aug 27, 2016
RealLordZeus:
Never knew it's so hard as this

U never chi chon chin
Re: Deposit Target: Nigerian Bankers’ Nightmare by fendorf(m): 9:00am On Aug 27, 2016
Sigh
Re: Deposit Target: Nigerian Bankers’ Nightmare by Nobody: 9:02am On Aug 27, 2016
...and no such thing as past glory. You go below average target in a quarter and you're out. Like get out.

3 Likes

Re: Deposit Target: Nigerian Bankers’ Nightmare by silvernus0: 9:05am On Aug 27, 2016
Even in the hard economy they want you to go kill yourself and bring business for them

They dont care about how you do it

Please look for better profession than bank

1 Like

Re: Deposit Target: Nigerian Bankers’ Nightmare by kinibigdeal(m): 9:13am On Aug 27, 2016
All this still bug down to the kind of course you study in skl. Courses like Antropology, zoology, psychology, botany, political science, biology wont make u ever self employ, it simply make u jump to any available opportunity. Architecture, building, civil engineering etc is underrated by todays generation, and that is a model in Nigeria today. Dont just jump at any course in the university, if dem no give u wetin u want, go to d polytechnic. We are moving to the era of what you can offer
Re: Deposit Target: Nigerian Bankers’ Nightmare by BlackSeptember: 9:13am On Aug 27, 2016
ladyF:
But you really can't blame people working in banks. It's not like there are so many options to choose from. Running a personal business as an entrepreneur is not easy. For most people, there's no capital to even start.

But my own argument is this, if you can pitch a bank to customers and make them deposit money, why can't you think of a business idea and pitch to people to raise capital? All these deposit targets is like slave labor, monkey (you) dey work, baboon (bank) dey chop. They will still come and sack you tomorrow. angry Why not channel your marketing to sell your idea and raise capital?

Anyway sha... make I go continue to sell my puff-puff and zobo. cheesy

It's [size=15pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin
You are right

1 Like

Re: Deposit Target: Nigerian Bankers’ Nightmare by aninexzy(m): 9:15am On Aug 27, 2016
Coldfaya:
rat race. your efforts is always not good enough

. RAt race of the highest order....u work like an elephAnt but earn like a rat
Re: Deposit Target: Nigerian Bankers’ Nightmare by frankalika(m): 9:15am On Aug 27, 2016
Dear All,
It is my great privileged to bring to you this recent business trend i discovered a few months back and today, i am a great testimony to that. I know you all know this organization popularly known as GNLD. Guess what, we have all been lead astray by those people who don't totally understand the concept. True, you might have been falsely invited for a job, for that i am sorry, but it is with great pleasure i tell you, it is a life time opportunity that you would never regret. You don't want to look back in the next few years and say to your self, "had i known". Believe me, i have only spent 3 months in this business, now i am earning above 80 thousand naira. I don't want to talk about money so criticizers will use that as an advantage. I don't know how to convince people i tell you, my life is a testimony. I used to work as an accountant at Smackers Ltd (the Place) till my employment was terminated recently. I am a BSc holder in Bus.Edu, from the University of Nigeria. I have a dream, that someday our youths, fresh graduates, and community as a whole will see the reality and trust worthiness of this business. It is something that grows every month, the same income you earn this month can never be the same next month. And who says graduates like us roam the streets of Lagos selling drugs?! Rubbish!!! Arrant non-sense!!! Let me let you all know, i just discovered that i didn't become a 2nd class upper degree holder to work for people for the rest of my life and won't appreciate me. Fellow graduates, we are much more intelligent than those illiterates who lack the foresight and have no ideal of innovation. My team discovered a business system that has blessed us all within a short while. I urge you all as graduate to graduates, working class to working class and graduate to corpers, graduate to illiterates, gives this a try, you will bless God for this. Everyday, we pray to God to provide opportunities for us, the truth is this, we are all looking but not seeing, all hearing but not listening. I urge you all, take a lot back as far as 4-5 years ago, all students graduating from various institutions, how many are having jobs these days? Those who even have are complaining bitterly, quote me wrong if i am. Look at the most interesting thing, you can continue doing your job and still be engaged in the business networking. I don't know how to convince people but this i know
1) We do not sell/market drugs on the streets,
2) We do not force people to join but we recruitment
3) We have millionaires in this business who got started just 4 years ago.
You are pondering eh! I told you we have a leverage system o interesting, please do not join those set of GNLD people selling drugs on the street, Why? i was part of them in 2013, there was no system there but where i am today, there is a system. A team dedicated to do all your needs just as they did mine, a team of learned individuals. I know some will still criticize, it's naturally but we in the system take it as a stepping stone, we climb on it to get to the top. fell free to ask your questions, i will humbly and happily reply. Here is my mail address: frankalika@yahoo.com or you can reach me on 08164467904. Peeps, now look at the amazing thing, just 3 months i earn over 80k, next month i am guaranteed more than this. I am not sweet talking, i am not brain washing. I know it's crazy but i leave the ball in your court. I sincerely hope to receive questions and readily available for critics.
Thank you very much for taking your time to read this, God bless you all!!!
See you at the top!!!
Re: Deposit Target: Nigerian Bankers’ Nightmare by Nobody: 9:16am On Aug 27, 2016
Most people start their banking careers without an exit strategy. It's just like Business. You should know when and how to quit.

I remember seeing a Regional Director of one of the banks in Nigeria weeping after he lost his job. Dude said all his kids were in expensive schools in Canada and his only house was on mortgage. I thought to myself that this could happen to anyone. I once told my colleague that I would spend a maximum of 10 years in the banking sector. I had a plan. In 5 years I was a Manager but was ready to leave and in 2 more years I was out of the slave factory. The day I resigned I felt some weight lift from my shoulders and I slept well after 7 years.

I am smiling now and with his mercies I will continue to smile.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deposit Target: Nigerian Bankers’ Nightmare by company500: 9:31am On Aug 27, 2016
what do you expect when you are being paid over 237k a month as a permanent staff like in Access Bank? You need to work very long hours and meet your targets no matter how big it is. Well I believe their struggle is being compensated with a very big salary. imagine earning over 237k and their management just increased their salaries this week. I think when you consider the big money they are earning every month, the stress they go through is worth it.

3 Likes

Re: Deposit Target: Nigerian Bankers’ Nightmare by olumzzz(m): 9:39am On Aug 27, 2016
Na wa 4 dis kontiri. Na 2 go steal am?

2 Likes

Re: Deposit Target: Nigerian Bankers’ Nightmare by lincDzinc(m): 9:40am On Aug 27, 2016
1stCitizen:
Most people start their banking careers without an exit strategy. It's just like Business. You should know when and how to quit.

I remember seeing a Regional Director of one of the banks in Nigeria weeping after he lost his job. Dude said all his kids were in expensive schools in Canada and his only house was on mortgage. I thought to myself that this could happen to anyone. I once told my colleague that I would spend a maximum of 10 years in the banking sector. I had a plan. In 5 years I was a Manager but was ready to leave and in 2 more years I was out of the slave factory. The day I resigned I felt some weight lift from my shoulders and I slept well after 7 years.

I am smiling now and with his mercies I will continue to smile.
In 5 years you were a manager?
Re: Deposit Target: Nigerian Bankers’ Nightmare by Emeka71(m): 9:50am On Aug 27, 2016
ladyF:
But you really can't blame people working in banks. It's not like there are so many options to choose from. Running a personal business as an entrepreneur is not easy. For most people, there's no capital to even start.

But my own argument is this, if you can pitch a bank to customers and make them deposit money, why can't you think of a business idea and pitch to people to raise capital? All these deposit targets is like slave labor, monkey (you) dey work, baboon (bank) dey chop. They will still come and sack you tomorrow. angry Why not channel your marketing to sell your idea and raise capital?

Anyway sha... make I go continue to sell my puff-puff and zobo. cheesy

It's [size=15pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin
I love your originality.
Re: Deposit Target: Nigerian Bankers’ Nightmare by cooluc(f): 9:53am On Aug 27, 2016
Lost a bank job that I was almost close to having, cried my eyes out..hmmm never knew is this hard..thank God oh..am happy where I am.
Re: Deposit Target: Nigerian Bankers’ Nightmare by 9jatatafo(m): 9:54am On Aug 27, 2016
Street life is the best.
Re: Deposit Target: Nigerian Bankers’ Nightmare by ladyF(f): 10:09am On Aug 27, 2016
Emeka71:
I love your originality.

Awnnn....thanks grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Microsoft Hires Sam Altman And Greg Brockman / Federal University Lafia is Paying Half Salary for January 2016!!! / CBN To Banks: Don’t Give Sensitive Roles To Contract Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.